BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 44 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
M&D Rosters out. Doesn't look like any of the score of top players that were supposedly moving to M&D made the black team. No girls cut and only addition came from M&D Red.

There were a lot of girls there. Guess the Red team should be much improved.

Only if they accept the spots. Not talking about these girls in particular, but lots of parents who can't handle being on the B team and will stay where they are on lesser A team instead.

There's something to be said for that and it's just not about not being able to handle being being on a B team. I don't care what anyone says but the typical gap between the A and B team is significant. B teams are always second fiddle and usually play in much lesser brackets. I wouldn't fault anyone for leaving or not accepting a B roster spot

Again, it's thinking like that that dooms your daughters. Heros, M&D and Skywalkers B teams were all at Lax for the Cure, Nike G8, etc last year. Countless coaches there. C2, Diamonds, Integrity, etc no where to be found. If you think you are better off in the A division of some random tournament they you are in a "lower bracket" at the biggest recruiting tournaments of the summer I feel sorry for you. This is obviously your first time through this process. Obviously the B girls aren't going to MD or UNC. But guess what, neither are the girls playing A on the lesser clubs.

Guessing you feel passionate about your B team, good for you. Don't tell me that my daughter is doomed because I don't want to be on your crappy B team and fault others for looking elsewhere as well.. And yes, I saw M&D and SW B teams this summer and there is no comparison to their A teams, it was night and day.

My daughter isn't on a B team. And you are right. There is a big drop between the A and B teams at M&D, Hero's and Skywalkers. But there isn't much difference between their B teams and other clubs A teams which was the discussion. Obviously if your girl can play on one of those 3 A teams this discussion isn't in reference to you. But if you are choosing to play for Diamonds, Redshirts, C2, etc because you don't want you girl to have to play B on M&D, Hero's or Skywalkers you are not putting your daughter in the best position to be well coached and to develop as a player. All you have to do is compare who is coaching the teams and look at what tournaments the teams are playing in. The 3 "B" teams will win that comparison in every case.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D Rosters out. Doesn't look like any of the score of top players that were supposedly moving to M&D made the black team. No girls cut and only addition came from M&D Red.

Only if they accept the spots. Not talking about these girls in particular, but lots of parents who can't handle being on the B team and will stay where they are on lesser A team instead.

There's something to be said for that and it's just not about not being able to handle being being on a B team. I don't care what anyone says but the typical gap between the A and B team is significant. B teams are always second fiddle and usually play in much lesser brackets. I wouldn't fault anyone for leaving or not accepting a B roster spot

Again, it's thinking like that that dooms your daughters. Heros, M&D and Skywalkers B teams were all at Lax for the Cure, Nike G8, etc last year. Countless coaches there. C2, Diamonds, Integrity, etc no where to be found. If you think you are better off in the A division of some random tournament they you are in a "lower bracket" at the biggest recruiting tournaments of the summer I feel sorry for you. This is obviously your first time through this process. Obviously the B girls aren't going to MD or UNC. But guess what, neither are the girls playing A on the lesser clubs.

Trust me when I tell you at this age NO coaches at any of those tournaments mentioned watched one "B" bracket game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trust me when I tell you at this age NO coaches at any of those tournaments mentioned watched one "B" bracket game

Trust me when I tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about. Almost half of M&D 2017 Red committed to play in college. You think they did this with no coaches watching them at tournaments? You keep buying what Monica, George, and Courtney are selling you and they'll keep cashing your checks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trust me when I tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about. Almost half of M&D 2017 Red committed to play in college. You think they did this with no coaches watching them at tournaments? You keep buying what Monica, George, and Courtney are selling you and they'll keep cashing your checks.

I thought we are on a 2021 thread? so again ill say that NO coaches were watching 2021 "B" bracket games this past summer at G8, lftc, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought we are on a 2021 thread? so again ill say that NO coaches were watching 2021 "B" bracket games this past summer at G8, lftc, etc

Well no crap. No one was watching any 2021 games this past summer. That wasn't the discussion. As the 2021 girls will be in this situation this coming year however, it makes sense to talk about it. Sorry if you were offended.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like there is going to be musical chairs with the goalies in this age group with the TG goalie bumping the yj blue goalie down to gold. Maybe the bumped goalie will go to TG .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only 2021 girls that will be getting looked at will be the top 10 players in the age group everyone else will wait till after 9 th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reality is that the newer clubs (Diamonds, C2, and Integrity) fill a niche between the A teams of the perennial powers and their B teams. These newer clubs will always lose to the M&D Black, Hero's Green, etc by 5-10 goals, but will always beat their B teams by 5-10 goals. I think that as the teams move into the recruiting years, these girls will wind up at the same schools that the M&D Red girls go to. A quick review of the Diamonds and Integrity website shows that to be the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like there is going to be musical chairs with the goalies in this age group with the TG goalie bumping the yj blue goalie down to gold. Maybe the bumped goalie will go to TG .

Why do all the quality players leave TG around 8th-9th grade. Year after year top girls leave around Not only did they lose a quality goalie, they also lost a few quality field players. This team cannot compete without that goalie. She kept them in so many of their games when they didn't deserve to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do all the quality players leave TG around 8th-9th grade. Year after year top girls leave around Not only did they lose a quality goalie, they also lost a few quality field players. This team cannot compete without that goalie. She kept them in so many of their games when they didn't deserve to win.

This age group is now getting to the recruiting age like the previous 3 age groups and they realize they aren't getting what they need from this club. Take a look at the college commitments for YJ in the 2018 and 2019 age group. Plenty of them were once TG players. Players and parents are tired of hearing the same old lines from the directors and not seeing the results they were told. Parents also speak to other parents and many are unsatisfied.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why would anyone jump onto a sinking ship after top talent leaves ? They will have to move players up to fill holes from their purple and white teams ..it's not like they play any top teams ..this is what they do every year when this happens plenty of loyal b players waiting for the call ..bs making the same money year after year just like te ..there is a market for their product and they fill a need ..what's wrong with that ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What age group did the TG goalie leave?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of goalie drama! Girls lacrosse is so lacking in quality goalie coaching, it's no wonder. They change places faster than college assistant coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, she must be some goalie if she thinks she can replace the goalie on Skak. That young lady can play and she's been with the team from the beginning (not that that will matter much), although she is a bit on the smaller side. Did she not even tryout for TG and is solely going YJ in October?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, she must be some goalie if she thinks she can replace the goalie on Skak. That young lady can play and she's been with the team from the beginning (not that that will matter much), although she is a bit on the smaller side. Did she not even tryout for TG and is solely going YJ in October?

YJ will carry 2 goalies so it looks like 3 great goalies playing for 2 spots

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say between her and the top goalie on skak, they are probably among the top 5 in the country. Both are outstanding and now coaches can watch one team to recruit these two top girls. Unfortunate for TG as she was the main reaon they could compete with half way decent teams. Word is only getting out now as one of their other top players also left for YJ. The rest of the team will scrammble for the doors if they want to have any chance of being on a quality program. SS and BS should take a hard look at the way they run their program. Poor coaching, only 2.5 months of lax from them, where other programs give you so much more development.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say between her and the top goalie on skak, they are probably among the top 5 in the country. Both are outstanding and now coaches can watch one team to recruit these two top girls. Unfortunate for TG as she was the main reaon they could compete with half way decent teams. Word is only getting out now as one of their other top players also left for YJ. The rest of the team will scrammble for the doors if they want to have any chance of being on a quality program. SS and BS should take a hard look at the way they run their program. Poor coaching, only 2.5 months of lax from them, where other programs give you so much more development.

Who cares about the goalies. Sorry.....totally over rated position especially in girls lax. Lets see......they don't face off, don't run around field, don't play offense, don't shoot or score goals don't play defense and are usually the worst athlete on the team and play half a game. Plenty of others out there to play the position. See Ya

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BS & SS don't care they make the same amount of money either way, its a business and the sooner that you all realize the only thing they care about is your check clearing the better off you will be. BTW your top 5 in the country gave me a good laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those who think CR is the director of the Lemmings out of the "goodness" in her heart, you are sadly mistaken. She is the biggest, greediest, money-grubbing director in the country. She cares nothing about the girls, but cares only for the balance in her checking account. No different than any other director. So, get off of your Lemming high horse and look at yourselves in the mirror.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately being with the team since the begining means absolutely nothing. I suspect there will be a few others in the same boat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only 2021 girls that will be getting looked at will be the top 10 players in the age group everyone else will wait till after 9 th grade

if the 2019s r any indication that is completely wrong. There were way more than 10 2019s committed before end of 9th grade. Heck, some college teams had close to 10 all by themselves. Which means they were being looked at well before then as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares about the goalies. Sorry.....totally over rated position especially in girls lax. Lets see......they don't face off, don't run around field, don't play offense, don't shoot or score goals don't play defense and are usually the worst athlete on the team and play half a game. Plenty of others out there to play the position. See Ya

What you just described is a goalie on a bad team. You have no clue what you are talking about as goalie is probably the most important position on the field. There's a reason that goalies are the first position to commit every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if the 2019s r any indication that is completely wrong. There were way more than 10 2019s committed before end of 9th grade. Heck, some college teams had close to 10 all by themselves. Which means they were being looked at well before then as well.

Correct. This coming summer there will be coaches lined up on the sidelines watching the 2021s play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell us more, you seem to know so much about the 2021 team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately being with the team since the begining means absolutely nothing. I suspect there will be a few others in the same boat.

how many tg girls didnt show up for tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you know?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ummm...tryouts are this weekend, so nobody showed up yet!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many tg girls didnt show up for tryouts? [/quote]

The same thing happened to 2020, top talent just walked away and team fell off competitively. The difference here is the 2021 never was competitive in the first place, so what difference does it make really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The shame of it is essentially like the 2020 team any kid that can make YJ top team leaves and the kids that would be on 2-3 yj team stay and are not really competitive with the top clubs. Not sure how CR does it but somehow manages to keep the top kids in her club while attracting the best players from the other clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The shame of it is essentially like the 2020 team any kid that can make YJ top team leaves and the kids that would be on 2-3 yj team stay and are not really competitive with the top clubs. Not sure how CR does it but somehow manages to keep the top kids in her club while attracting the best players from the other clubs.

We have the same issue here in MD. Although not as good or successful as YJ, Md United seems to be able to convince gullible parents that their kid would be better off at their program. Other clubs, with clearly better coaching, suffer because of the bill-of-goods that Bev Altig is able to sell. What I've learned to do over the many years I've been involved with lax is to look at where the clubs alumni go to school. With the obvious exceptions (Caroline Steele to UMd, Madison Carter to PSU) the schools that the alumni from Md United attend are exactly the same as any other club. Why the parents can't see that is beyond me. I've even seen situations where the parents will pull the kid from the programs she was happy at and move her to Md United, where (not shockingly) she would wind up going to the same school as she would've if she had just stayed where she was in the first place. Plus, I personally know several girls who played at Md United who said it was an absolute s#&t show and they hated it, but MOMMY and DADDY thought she was better off there. Absolutely, freakin' ridiculous. My guess is that YJ does the same thing...big promises to all (mostly donkey MOMMY and DADDY) but in reality only the top few get to go to somewhere they would've have if they stayed at their original team. Everybody else goes to the same kind of school no matter what club they play for. I hate gullible parents who can't see the bigger picture.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 tg goalie and few others a no show today. There was a decent one that showed and looks promising.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 tg goalie and few others a no show today. There was a decent one that showed and looks promising.

That's what happens when you are offered a guaranteed starting spot on YJ A!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What you just described is a goalie on a bad team. You have no clue what you are talking about as goalie is probably the most important position on the field. There's a reason that goalies are the first position to commit every year.

Seriously goalie dad.......womens goalies are totally over rated. Give me a good faceoff girl over a goalie any day. And commitments.....please. They are typically the slowest least fit girl on team and play half a game. Sorry...

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Maybe you should sit in silence. You look quite simple minded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously goalie dad.......womens goalies are totally over rated. Give me a good faceoff girl over a goalie any day. And commitments.....please. They are typically the slowest least fit girl on team and play half a game. Sorry...

Not a goalie dad. But if your goalie is the least athletic player on your team, I guarantee you that you don't have a good team. Good goalies are a key part of clearing the ball, communicating with their defense, etc... I'm going to assume your daughter is 8 or your daughter' team is terrible if you feel that way about goalies. Look at the difference in M&D 2021 this year with a top notch goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. MD United a "B" organization at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a goalie dad. But if your goalie is the least athletic player on your team, I guarantee you that you don't have a good team. Good goalies are a key part of clearing the ball, communicating with their defense, etc... I'm going to assume your daughter is 8 or your daughter' team is terrible if you feel that way about goalies. Look at the difference in M&D 2021 this year with a top notch goalie.

Hey, it's only going to get better. All the non top notch goalies are gone from that team. You must be relieved!!! PHEW!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey, it's only going to get better. All the non top notch goalies are gone from that team. You must be relieved!!! PHEW!!!!

LOL! Nothing is more loathed by Intense Lax Dad than the dreaded 2nd Goalie. Don't the parents of 2nd Goalies realize they are jeopardizing the careers of field players everywhere? Just stay home, we'll give you a call if we need you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Harambe was a backup keeper. Look what the lax dads did to him.

Page 6 of 44 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard