BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 56 of 86 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Express and Bethesda form DC Express. Details on IL. Another bite taken out of Madlax's pie?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax if you want to be recruited. BW for a lot of practice if you want to go to Saint Johns (or sit behind a Saint Johns kid), VLC if you want nice coaches

2014 - both BW and VLC had more commits than Madlax
2015 - both BW and VLC had more commits than Madlax
2016 - both BW and VLC had more commits than Madlax
2017 - both BW and VLC had more commits than Madlax
2018 - BW has about the same number of commits as Madlax
2019 - Madlax has many more commits than either BW or VLC
2020 - BW 2020 roster being formed, but VLC for sure will have more commits than Madlax

Another thing you forgot to mention. Pick Madlax is you want to pay more and get harassed by the owner. And yes, Madlax does have a recruiting service that they charge their families $ for, which is unbelievable.

Funny how this guy always shows up with this garbage around tryout time. Spend some $$ on real marketing Trig.

If we want to bring ancient history into it, why not talk about all the Madlax commits over the past 20 years? Or the SSSA kids who started with Madlax, and then were pressured to come to BW? Or the VLC kids who left Madlax to start a daddy ball club and then sold out to the Crabs when their kids graduated?

If we want to deal with the here and now, high school kids (2017 to 2020, rising seniors to rising freshman), BW and VLC COMBINED cant compete with the Madlax commits. Dig deeper to find that Madlax produces all of the local kids who are top nationally recognized recruits, and are going to schools like Hopkins, UVA, UNC, Duke, Notre Dame, other Big 10 and Ivys.

Once you do, it really makes all of your other posts seem "motivated" Trig!

They NEVER charge their players for recruiting help. Of course Madlax charges a fee when your kids cant get recruited, and turn to them for help! Madlax is a business. Has professional, business like staff, not just coaches or wannabe coaches looking for summer $$.

Looking forward to your reply

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax if you want to be recruited. BW for a lot of practice if you want to go to Saint Johns (or sit behind a Saint Johns kid), VLC if you want nice coaches

2020 - BW 2020 roster being formed, but VLC for sure will have more commits than Madlax

Another thing you forgot to mention. Pick Madlax is you want to pay more and get harassed by the owner. And yes, Madlax does have a recruiting service that they charge their families $ for, which is unbelievable.

Please don't count these MadLax "partner programs" in your commitment totals.

2018 Madlax has 11 D1 commits from the DMV area, VLC 6 and BW has 17.
2019 Madlax has 6 and BW has 4 but who knows since they don't publish much information. VLC seems a little slow at this age group, I don't think they even has one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess we will take your word for it, since BW doesn't have a website??? what's the quality of those "commits"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny how this guy always shows up with this garbage around tryout time. Spend some $$ on real marketing Trig.

If we want to bring ancient history into it, why not talk about all the Madlax commits over the past 20 years? Or the SSSA kids who started with Madlax, and then were pressured to come to BW? Or the VLC kids who left Madlax to start a daddy ball club and then sold out to the Crabs when their kids graduated?

If we want to deal with the here and now, high school kids (2017 to 2020, rising seniors to rising freshman), BW and VLC COMBINED cant compete with the Madlax commits. Dig deeper to find that Madlax produces all of the local kids who are top nationally recognized recruits, and are going to schools like Hopkins, UVA, UNC, Duke, Notre Dame, other Big 10 and Ivys.

Once you do, it really makes all of your other posts seem "motivated" Trig!

They NEVER charge their players for recruiting help. Of course Madlax charges a fee when your kids cant get recruited, and turn to them for help! Madlax is a business. Has professional, business like staff, not just coaches or wannabe coaches looking for summer $$.

Looking forward to your reply

Your post is 100% inaccurate, but there's no point correcting you because you always ignore replies. We get that you love (and why you love) the Madlax owner.

For some grades, Madlax has more commits (and they should since they have more kids in their programs). For several others grades, they trail BW and VLC.

Kids are probably going to be happy at any of those clubs all things considered. But we get why you love to hype Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of funny how that Madlax guys decries "daddy ball" when Madlax 2022 and 2022 are coached by dads coaching their own sons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Madlax has 6 and BW has 4 but who knows since they don't publish much information. VLC seems a little slow at this age group, I don't think they even has one.

BW does not get those kids committed. They are already on line to sign when they show up and play for BW. Those BW kids come from high school power houses. Classic cherry picking is what BW is all about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess we will take your word for it, since BW doesn't have a website??? what's the quality of those "commits"?

Both VLC and BW use Twitter and/or Facebook to advertise their commitments.

VLC 2019 does not seem to have any commits yet.

BW 2019 has lost a few committed players to SweetLax. I believe they have at least one going to UMD, JHU and ND each.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ADMINDS - Any chance we can just get separate threads for VLC and Blackwolf? Obviously everyone is using the Madlax board to discuss them anyway -- would be much easier to cut down on the noise ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BW does not get those kids committed. They are already on line to sign when they show up and play for BW. Those BW kids come from high school power houses. Classic cherry picking is what BW is all about

Not true. Many of those BW kids start on their rising freshman team and commit 1-2 years later after playing a few seasons for BW.

I guess Madlax is in panic mode now. More and more families don't want to play for that maniac. VA kids going to VLC and BW, and now MD kids opting for Crabs and NL. Madlax is starting to shrink.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With Laxpower, RR and twitter It's not hard to figure out BW 2018 has 17 D1 commits and Madlax has 11.

Why are you getting worked up over that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see why people get so worked over this....these 3 clubs COMPLETELY different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's weird how that Madlax guy gets so worked up. All three clubs are successful at getting their kids into college programs.

Madlax has some better teams at certain ages and has the most kids in their program. They play a lot of events (and make you pay for it) and that's fine for those who don't mind supporting the owner.

BW plays in the least amount of events, but has had a lot of commits. Might be the cheapest option, but again it's for people who don't mind supporting that owner.

VLC is probably in between the two in terms of cost and number of events. They have placed a ton of college commits and it appears to work well for some families at certain grades.

Depending on who you are, all or at least one of the three is probably a match. No need to stress about which one is the overall best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EXACTLY....and who really cares?!? They're competing for meal plans!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a different thread.

1. Madlax has a 2017 kid who is a senior in HS. But he thinks he will PG a year, so he played last summer on their 2018 team and continues to do so.

2. Madlax has a 2017 kid who gave a verbal commitment and is going to graduate this year. But he has spent the last 2 years on their 2018 team.

3. Madlax has a 2018 kid who thinks he will PG, so he is playing on their 2019 team now.

Nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did tryout look the other day? Any BW helmets in the mix?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did tryout look the other day? Any BW helmets in the mix?

I did not see any BW helmets at 2020 to 2017 but the 2020 had lots of kids for a Thursday at 4pm tryout. The 2019 to 2017 did not have lots of the top Capital kids show up mostly new kids but the numbers where also pretty good for a older age group. The Sat and Sun. tryouts will really be the test. I want to hear a report from the DC express tryout sat night and Sunday night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any report on the number of kids at the 2021 tryouts?

There were about a dozen kids with Madlax helmets at the NL tryouts running at the same time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about VLC helmets at the tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about VLC helmets at the tryouts?

Well to be truthful anyone with a son in the 2022 to 2020 range should be attending 3 teams worth of tryouts. It is not a insult to any club in my eyes if you attend another teams tryouts. You have your son to think about and only your son. Always do what is best of him. Most people apply to more then one college and apply to more then one job when they are looking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any report on the number of kids at the 2021 tryouts?

There were about a dozen kids with Madlax helmets at the NL tryouts running at the same time

Those are the Madlax MD/VA ("B") kids. I was actually surprised how light the turnout was for Madlax. Shows that there are many options now all over the place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were 2020 tryouts? About 40 at VLC today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax capital players making a showed up at the DC Express 2021 tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax capital players making a showed up at the DC Express 2021 tryouts

Well if the plan to go to Bullis this makes sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Looking at the list, 8 kids who played for Madlax 2020 have left for BW and other clubs. And the Madlax list includes one kid who told my son he's leaving, so that's 9.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Looking at the list, 8 kids who played for Madlax 2020 have left for BW and other clubs. And the Madlax list includes one kid who told my son he's leaving, so that's 9.

What a bunch of ungrateful quitters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be fair one is playing football and taking the fall season off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please explain to me why so many of these high school club teams keep there rosters under lock and key. I understand for the youth ages but the high school level should be about recruiting and the kids and clubs should be happy to tell everyone by name who is on the club and what team they play for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That quote pretty much sums up why parents encourage their kids to go play at other clubs. Good luck this season with your 2020 team. You're going to need it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please explain to me why so many of these high school club teams keep there rosters under lock and key. I understand for the youth ages but the high school level should be about recruiting and the kids and clubs should be happy to tell everyone by name who is on the club and what team they play for.

Madlax, VLC and NL have complete transparency on rosters. It's only BW that seems to shield their rosters from public view. Hmmmm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is keeping the roster under lock and key. Plenty of the clubs have rosters online ... it's interesting that Madlax chose to simply list everyone in the respective grades vs. break out Capital/VA/MD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is keeping the roster under lock and key. Plenty of the clubs have rosters online ... it's interesting that Madlax chose to simply list everyone in the respective grades vs. break out Capital/VA/MD

Well if you read the website it says they are all going to practice as one group then right before the tournaments they will create a roster for a top and bottom team. This way you have around 8 sundays to prove you should play on the top team. Every year every team has 1 or 2 players who play great in tryouts and end up on the top team. Then when the games start they get stuck on the end of the bench. This way should help that from happening

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That quote pretty much sums up why parents encourage their kids to go play at other clubs. Good luck this season with your 2020 team. You're going to need it.

So please make sure you update us all on how the other NOVA 2020 teams do this Fall. VLC,BW, Cavs, Battlelax,Evergreen,VELL
and the other ones I forgot. This grade for all the DMV is a cluster F kids have been jumping back and forth and around for the last 2 years. I just think the DMV has a weak 2020 class and people just have to live with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax, VLC and NL have complete transparency on rosters. It's only BW that seems to shield their rosters from public view. Hmmmm.

Cavs have the rosters locked up also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

with their new system, Capital and MDVA teams won;t be determined until tournament time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if you read the website it says they are all going to practice as one group then right before the tournaments they will create a roster for a top and bottom team. This way you have around 8 sundays to prove you should play on the top team. Every year every team has 1 or 2 players who play great in tryouts and end up on the top team. Then when the games start they get stuck on the end of the bench. This way should help that from happening

It is a stupid idea. If you are a kid who was previously on their B team, you really have no idea where you stand. And if you know you were in between their A and B team, you could spend weeks practicing with them only to learn the week before a tournament that you are still stuck on the B team. Meanwhile, you could be playing with and against A level players for a different club.

Expect that this experiment will fail just like many of their other "ideas".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL doesn't display the rosters anymore. Express is not showing their roster. I think Madlax and VLC are the only ones in the DMV that do so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So please make sure you update us all on how the other NOVA 2020 teams do this Fall. VLC,BW, Cavs, Battlelax,Evergreen,VELL
and the other ones I forgot. This grade for all the DMV is a cluster F kids have been jumping back and forth and around for the last 2 years. I just think the DMV has a weak 2020 class and people just have to live with that.

Jumping around is nothing new. Jumping from Madlax is nothing new. Your opinion of a weak 2020 class is of course YOUR opinion. 2020 in the DMV has some quality talent. Try watching some other games besides Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of movement from Madlax over the last few weeks. Some top Capital kids leaving (to Crabs, BW), some mid level leaving (to Next Level, VLC), and a bunch of MD/VA kids leaving to all kinds of places (lower tier, newer clubs).

For some the new system turned them away as they were Capital but now not sure if they will be on any given weekend.

For some better MD/VA kids the summer season for those teams left a bad taste their mouth and the new format wasn't enough or the damage was already done.

Seems like Madlax can't win no matter what they do in some families eyes.

They still have a ton of kid listed, but some are C level players - those MD/VA teams will have some rosters where nobody was cut. I saw some who have never made an A team for their rec league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cabell is just sitting back and waiting and laughing. A revamped NL, or repackaged Express, might have hurt him even a year ago. But now he has NL in a death match with Express. He literally need not raise a finger, or send any nasty grams. Neither NL nor Express will be able to take it to the...next level. They'll both die of or be relegated to glorified rec teams.

Like Reply Quote
Page 56 of 86 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard