BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 29 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 28 29
Re: WSYL NEW RULES
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are most organizations going with 2022 team or a special selected team based on rules.....9/1/03

I think most teams are sticking with their kids that have been together for 4 years and skipping the wsyl if the new cutoff dates don't allow ALL the kids to go.

The only reason kids would not be able to go is if they are held back and older than the expected age for the grade. Plenty of clubs will be able to field competitive teams and even bring their whole roster!

Have fun paying for this B level tournament.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Are most organizations going with 2022 team or a special selected team based on rules.....9/1/03

I think most teams are sticking with their kids that have been together for 4 years and skipping the wsyl if the new cutoff dates don't allow ALL the kids to go.

The only reason kids would not be able to go is if they are held back and older than the expected age for the grade. Plenty of clubs will be able to field competitive teams and even bring their whole roster!

Have fun paying for this B level tournament.[/quote

You must be from Md or pa. My teams will be fine and happy with the change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Are most organizations going with 2022 team or a special selected team based on rules.....9/1/03

Have fun paying for this B level tournament.[/quote

You must be from Md or pa. My teams will be fine and happy with the change.

And it's just because only a small percentage of teams meet these requirements, that it will be a B tournament. Have fun playing against the teams you've played 5 times already this season, only 1,800 miles from where you both live. Warrior thanks you for your stupidity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems some think 91 is the favorite out of the gate???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, with the combined talent and coaching staff, 90 + 1 will be the team to beat in the country, WSYL will be a walk in the park for that team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, with the combined talent and coaching staff, 90 + 1 will be the team to beat in the country, WSYL will be a walk in the park for that team.

Really looking forward to that 91 vs express championship for the 4th time next summer. Enjoy all the gear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks 91 Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the matter with these people? Holding back there kids! To play lacrosse?? These Parents should be ashamed of themselves. Why do all other sports have a fair aged based system? This is a great sport, and its getting a bad rep. You can't hold back these older kids and then go and hand them a stick and allow them to check a younger kid. besides being unfair, The injuries are adding up. They need to enforce these age requirements building a safer sport where kids can develop and have fun. Believe me as parent it will ease the tension on the sidelines knowing that the other teams are plying fair. PLAYING FAIR!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great sport that has been poisoned by the dads. Very sad and extremely toxic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No different in bball and football. Kids are 23 when they graduate. They will also play kids older in hs

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't compare HS to travel. In hs there will be kids of all ages on both teams. In travel many times teams of proper age are playing teams with multiple older kids and many times kids two years older. There is no one to slow up those older bigger kids in travel. In HS it is true that a freshman can be up against an older kid but the hs team will also have older kids to counter. The older kids in hs can't run over every player on the field like they can in travel.
quote=Anonymous]No different in bball and football. Kids are 23 when they graduate. They will also play kids older in hs
[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only A small percentage of teams can meet a 9/1 cutoff? So that means a large percentage of teams are cheating by using older kids. In that case are these so called top teams really that good or are they just older?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only A small percentage of teams can meet a 9/1 cutoff? So that means a large percentage of teams are cheating by using older kids. In that case are these so called top teams really that good or are they just older?

Ask Legacy how they did it....

I can see a handful of LI teams out there and the usual western clubs that get destroyed. There are so many better, more competitive tournaments to go to in the Northeast next summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask Legacy how they did it....

I can see a handful of LI teams out there and the usual western clubs that get destroyed. There are so many better, more competitive tournaments to go to in the Northeast next summer.

Exactly! Not worth the time or money, and this is coming from someone whos son won it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much different! Football has strict age requirements,and weight requirements. You cant compare HS. We are talking about travel Lacrosse clubs that we pay alot of $ and spend it so our kids develop and have fun and compete. Stop the madness of more wins means more money for the club. The Clubs need to get a grip. People will still pay to play lax but do it right. SAME AGE!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some surprises coming..... Date change ????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ya ya we've heard that before.My kid just tried out for a club team and lost the spot to a hold back.How do I know? I was there when a friend of my wife's son was born.18 months before mine was born. He said That's how its done in Mannhasset. I strongly disagree. Bad example to set for kids.Soccer has it right!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ya ya we've heard that before.My kid just tried out for a club team and lost the spot to a hold back.How do I know? I was there when a friend of my wife's son was born.18 months before mine was born. He said That's how its done in Mannhasset. I strongly disagree. Bad example to set for kids.Soccer has it right!
you mean wife's ex friend now that you've singled out her child. Don't think she'll have a hard time figuring out the guy that was there when her kid was born, 18 months before hers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL is becoming as popular as Dicks TOC since they changed the cutoff date.

When will a true national championship be held in the northeast where its easily accessible to all the hotbeds?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No.I have voiced my opinion more then once to them. They shrug and say as long as we can get away with it. Why not everyone else in there town is doing it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it begins

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any news on what clubs are expected at qulifiers in North ? Or for that matter any region

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares, rigged tournament anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares, rigged tournament anyway.

Yeah it's a joke who cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw Mark Dixon posted something saying that kids are too young for this type of tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they been doing it in baseball for many years guess they got it wrong.....Thanks Marc Dickson

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares, rigged tournament anyway. [/quote]

I don't understand why people would think this tournament is rigged. The cut-off date is what it is. There couldn't be a more fairer tournament out there. What makes it "rigged"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is "rigged" against cheating holdbacks who don't want to or can't play against on age kids. The WSYL tournament is not fair to holdbacks parents because their little Johnie isn't allowed to play against kids who are 1 or 2 years younger than him. Boo hoo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except for last year . . .
It is "rigged" against cheating holdbacks who don't want to or can't play against on age kids. The WSYL tournament is not fair to holdbacks parents because their little Johnie isn't allowed to play against kids who are 1 or 2 years younger than him. Boo hoo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's rigged because it uses different rules than every other major club or event uses, so the title is meaningless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw Mark Dixon posted something saying that kids are too young for this type of tournament.

The best kids are already traveling around the country to find competition. Whether you call it World Championship or Young Guns championship, the kids are under the same pressure. Or does Mark Dixon think kids should stay home and just play the 1 or 2 teams in the area that may be some competition?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's rigged because it uses different rules than every other major club or event uses, so the title is meaningless.

It is not rigged. You and your club choose not participate for whatever reasons perhaps because it does not fit your holdback mentality. All players are age appropriate...playing against the same age players. Rigged means that the winner is prearranged or the tesults are tampered with which clearly is not true. That's what is great about this tnmt it doesn't hide behind grade, which so many of you crying foul are upset about because you can't game the system with your old for grade child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean rigged like every other tournament where guest players show ? Here you need a roster . No lying there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's rigged because it uses different rules than every other major club or event uses, so the title is meaningless. [/quote]

Isn't it using the rules set forth by the governing body of the sport - just like little baseball, youth football, soccer and hockey? Is the little league world series rigged because it uses age based restrictions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't it using the rules set forth by the governing body of the sport - just like little baseball, youth football, soccer and hockey? Is the little league world series rigged because it uses age based restrictions? [/quote]

No tournament uses the governing body (USL) rules. Most use NCAA and some use high school rules. Why have a tournament where 95% of them teams don't qualify?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't it using the rules set forth by the governing body of the sport - just like little baseball, youth football, soccer and hockey? Is the little league world series rigged because it uses age based restrictions?

No tournament uses the governing body (USL) rules. Most use NCAA and some use high school rules. Why have a tournament where 95% of them teams don't qualify? [/quote]

Because it levels the playing field...it's fair! It gives players the opportunity to show how good they are on a level playing field instead of all the BS of holdback, reclassed, pre first, post grad crap! You can put a team together; you choose not to. It's amazing how many don't want everyone to see how good young on age players are!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No tournament uses the governing body (USL) rules. Most use NCAA and some use high school rules. Why have a tournament where 95% of them teams don't qualify?

Because it levels the playing field...it's fair! It gives players the opportunity to show how good they are on a level playing field instead of all the BS of holdback, reclassed, pre first, post grad crap! You can put a team together; you choose not to. It's amazing how many don't want everyone to see how good young on age players are!! [/quote]

It is amazing, but that's the state of the game and a lot of teams that have put in years as a team don't want to kick 3 or 4 kids off the team for 1 tournament and have their chemistry all screwed up. That's why wsyl is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it levels the playing field...it's fair! It gives players the opportunity to show how good they are on a level playing field instead of all the BS of holdback, reclassed, pre first, post grad crap! You can put a team together; you choose not to. It's amazing how many don't want everyone to see how good young on age players are!!

It is amazing, but that's the state of the game and a lot of teams that have put in years as a team don't want to kick 3 or 4 kids off the team for 1 tournament and have their chemistry all screwed up. That's why wsyl is a joke.[/quote]

Yes, it's a joke if you have to kick the hold backs off the team. We need to protect those kids, so they can continue to play younger competition. The last thing we need is a balanced playing field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is amazing, but that's the state of the game and a lot of teams that have put in years as a team don't want to kick 3 or 4 kids off the team for 1 tournament and have their chemistry all screwed up. That's why wsyl is a joke. [/quote]

That's exactly what's wrong with the state of the game...the mentality you just posted. WSYL gets to the heart of the game without all the smoke and mirrors. Little League Baseball World Series has tryouts for special World Series teams from your region. This is no different. You calling it a joke is like saying well everyone is doing drugs so we should just do drugs...totally wrong way of thinking about it!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People are saying that it is rigged because they keep changing the eligibility rule. First year 5/1 but must be in 7th grade. Second year 5/1 but grade doesn't matter. This year 9/1. People believe that the 5/1 cutoff in year one was established in order to allow all of the crush boys to eligible to play and they needed to get rid of the grade restriction in year two so that four crush boys could play again. Not sure how the 9/1 comes into play. WSYL probably decided that they should do it the right way. This may or may not be true but this is what a lot of people believe and why they say the tournament is rigged.

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 29 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 28 29
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard