BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Havoc Dune Dawg Tryouts - September 14th/15th, 2012
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Havoc Dune Dawgs Summer 2013 Team Tryouts

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Havoc Dune Dawg Tryouts - September 14th/15th, 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can't wait for tryouts we had an AWESOME season with HDD!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Which team was your son on? Thinking about trying out for 2019, but I think there are 3 teams at that age group...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team was your son on? Thinking about trying out for 2019, but I think there are 3 teams at that age group...

he was on 2019, great group of boys. teams are sorted by ability. GREAT coaches!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

he was on 2019, great group of boys. teams are sorted by ability. GREAT coaches!

If you don't mind, which color? Green, Blue or Yellow?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

which 2019 team was your son on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue

my son wasn't on havoc/dd last year, but might try out this year. Was that Coach Skillman's team? I was wondering about that team, and what skill level they're at...I heard it's a pretty good, but still developing team, which I'm not saying is bad...just trying to get a feel...what's your opinion?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This note from the Directors of the Havoc Dune Dawgs:

We will be closing down the online registration on Wednesday, September 12th at 8:00pm. Please register before then to save the walk up fee! Visit our registration page NOW to register! Click here: http://www.shop.havocddlax.com/HDD-Summer-2013-Tryouts-2013-Tryout.htm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue

my son wasn't on havoc/dd last year, but might try out this year. Was that Coach Skillman's team? I was wondering about that team, and what skill level they're at...I heard it's a pretty good, but still developing team, which I'm not saying is bad...just trying to get a feel...what's your opinion?

Great organization and coaching! My son's 2019, and looking forward to tryouts Saturday night.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who coaches their 2020 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dont know who the coach is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about 2020...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Havoc Dune Dawgs utilized coaches who are hired to coach. All head coaches have college level lacrosse experience. All assistant coaches have varied and rich lacrosse coaching experience. The coaches for each team will be determined as to who will be the best fit for the team that is put together. Last year one of the 2020 teams was coached by Taylor, Betcher and Erb. The other was coached by Amato & Iaconetti. This years coaching is to be determined.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
From the Havoc Dune Dawgs Directors :

Tryouts are this weekend Friday Sept. 14th & Saturday Sept. 15th at Dowling College - Brookhaven Campus. Online registration closes at 8pm Wednesday, Sept. 12th.

Click here to register now and avoid the walk-up fee.

http://www.shop.havocddlax.com/HDD-Summer-2013-Tryouts-2013-Tryout.htm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The comment about your organization and coaches is a lie the 2021 was a glorified pal league team. There was no college coach. They had Don G coaching it was a waste of a year and money. You should be ashamed to call that a travel summer team the boys did not learn a thing not one offensive or defensive scheme or a single play. Get the ball to the coaches son or his friends and go to the net that was the play Also they promote no dads are head coaches thats a lie his son was on the team , he does not have any coaching experience besides pal, and there no way he played college lacrosse impossible. Taylor showed up 3 times if the kids were lucky. So you cant call him a head coach oh wait Antonio nice job good pick with him what he showed up 4 times. It looked good on paper as antonio and taylor as head coaches but be honest it was a ploy for the money. Maybe it was a mistake or because it was the first year you have to work out the kinks but at least be honest and practice what u preach. Say you messed up and that it will get better this year that's all. We are not stupid just be honest don't lie. Tell the truth it feels better. Good thing Don is Taylor's best friend i am sure he will be on the sideline again this year with his son i can tell u this at least three kids will not be there because of Don G. That team deserves a refund. Who is coaching the team this year would love to know before people waste their money for tryouts this year. Let us guess Don g again and Taylor who was split between his sons. Now he has more kids playing now what is he going to do? can't be split 4 ways. He already had to cover for a coach last year who got in trouble and was asked not to coach the rest of the year. I can imagine about the rest of the teams and their experiences. Hopefully your kids are on that 2019 green team if not run away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree wasnt on that team but an older one.green team plays on all teams. coaching is at best pal level.shouuld be alot of new boys playing this year as many are not returning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The comment about your organization and coaches is a lie the 2021 was a glorified pal league team. There was no college coach. They had Don G coaching it was a waste of a year and money. You should be ashamed to call that a travel summer team the boys did not learn a thing not one offensive or defensive scheme or a single play. Get the ball to the coaches son or his friends and go to the net that was the play Also they promote no dads are head coaches thats a lie his son was on the team , he does not have any coaching experience besides pal, and there no way he played college lacrosse impossible. Taylor showed up 3 times if the kids were lucky. So you cant call him a head coach oh wait Antonio nice job good pick with him what he showed up 4 times. It looked good on paper as antonio and taylor as head coaches but be honest it was a ploy for the money. Maybe it was a mistake or because it was the first year you have to work out the kinks but at least be honest and practice what u preach. Say you messed up and that it will get better this year that's all. We are not stupid just be honest don't lie. Tell the truth it feels better. Good thing Don is Taylor's best friend i am sure he will be on the sideline again this year with his son i can tell u this at least three kids will not be there because of Don G. That team deserves a refund. Who is coaching the team this year would love to know before people waste their money for tryouts this year. Let us guess Don g again and Taylor who was split between his sons. Now he has more kids playing now what is he going to do? can't be split 4 ways. He already had to cover for a coach last year who got in trouble and was asked not to coach the rest of the year. I can imagine about the rest of the teams and their experiences. Hopefully your kids are on that 2019 green team if not run away.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. We've been with havoc for years, and it's been awesome!! And, we're not on 2019 Green. Everywhere you guy, there's someone with a tough story. Luckily for you, there's plenty of other clubs to try. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree wasnt on that team but an older one.green team plays on all teams. coaching is at best pal level.shouuld be alot of new boys playing this year as many are not returning.

College coaches are not PAL level...that's a ridiculous statement...I guess it depends on which team you're on. I know many people who have been happy with Havoc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the REALITY if someone is unhappy, and perceives there to be problems. Speak to SOMEONE. The anonymous back stabbing, complaining, and general BS is unproductive and smacks of undermining an organization. IF you played on that team you KNOW what went on AND the dedication of the coaches. The HEAD COACH OF THE TEAM WAS ANTONIO. Would you like to say HE has no college experience? When he was not there, we did our best to have Coach Taylor fill in. He certainly has college coaching experience! Before you anonymously shoot off your mouth GET the facts straight! That said, everyone got exactly what they paid for. AGAIN IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY SPEAK TO SOMEONE INSTEAD OF NOT SAYING ANYTHING UNTIL THE SEASON IS OVER. and then complaining anonymously in this forum. How is that productive? We are about improving the experience for our players at every turn. If someone does NOT express to us an issue, there is NO way for us to address it.

PHIL POLO - Director of Operations - HDD

FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME. Havocdunedawgs@gmail.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We played for them and our coaches were BOTH college level. All the players from our team are returning, we were all happy. not only with coaching, but over-all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I NEED TO SAY THIS, BECAUSE WHOEVER POSTED THE ABOVE THINKS THEY CAN SPEAK FOR OUR WHOLE TEAM. My son played on this team and we were VERY happy. we are not"friends" with Coach Gatz or Coach taylor. my son had a lot of playing time, and improved as a player. i would never dream of looking for a refund, i got what they told me i would and then some. ou sound like someone we don't want on our team or that we want to share the sidelines with. some people are never happy, no matter what.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. We've been with havoc for years, and it's been awesome!! And, we're not on 2019 Green. Everywhere you guy, there's someone with a tough story. Luckily for you, there's plenty of other clubs to try. Good luck.

There are plenty of people that have had the opposite experience with this club, unamazing. Do you know what that means? It means that this program is just like all the others, nothing special or different. Some love it, some hate it, others middle of the road. Like you say, there are plenty of programs to choose from, so good luck to all, hope everyone can find one that works for them and some peace of mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the REALITY if someone is unhappy, and perceives there to be problems. Speak to SOMEONE. The anonymous back stabbing, complaining, and general BS is unproductive and smacks of undermining an organization. IF you played on that team you KNOW what went on AND the dedication of the coaches. The HEAD COACH OF THE TEAM WAS ANTONIO. Would you like to say HE has no college experience? When he was not there, we did our best to have Coach Taylor fill in. He certainly has college coaching experience! Before you anonymously shoot off your mouth GET the facts straight! That said, everyone got exactly what they paid for. AGAIN IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY SPEAK TO SOMEONE INSTEAD OF NOT SAYING ANYTHING UNTIL THE SEASON IS OVER. and then complaining anonymously in this forum. How is that productive? We are about improving the experience for our players at every turn. If someone does NOT express to us an issue, there is NO way for us to address it.

Well done Phil! We love Havoc DD!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We played for them and our coaches were BOTH college level. All the players from our team are returning, we were all happy. not only with coaching, but over-all.

That's great to hear. My son is trying out Saturday night. What team are you with?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WELL SAID PHIL!! This group is GREAT and we love them! The amount of dedication and communication from the directors to us as parents is unparalleled. There was never one practice that I did not see an owner at. If you had such a "problem" why didn't you say something? There was certainly ample opportunity! Can't wait for tryouts on Friday. I think we are lucky that our children get to play for HDD!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how all the post are in close proximity from Phil's response ..
Just sayin.. Not much talk on dd then all of a sudden a lot in 2 hours , some very closely posted
But well said phil

WELL SAID PHIL!! This group is GREAT and we love them! The amount of dedication and communication from the directors to us as parents is unparalleled. There was never one practice that I did not see an owner at. If you had such a "problem" why didn't you say something? There was certainly ample opportunity! Can't wait for tryouts on Friday. I think we are lucky that our children get to play for HDD!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe that's because we keep quiet until you attack HDD

Just sayin.. Not much talk on dd then all of a sudden a lot in 2 hours , some very closely posted
But well said phil

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the only "WE" is the one guy who started to defend d/d and continued to make remarks before the 1st post was posted ..so that tell us it was????

But well said phil

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about? Are you trying to say the same person wrote all the supportive, positive posts? If so, that's silly, and not true. I'm one of them, and I know two others...what did you think, it was Phil? Like all organizations - some people are happy, some are not...time to move on, if you're not.

Well the only "WE" is the one guy who started to defend d/d and continued to make remarks before the 1st post was posted ..so that tell us it was????

But well said phil

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Important Information Regarding Tryouts For The 2016 and 2017 Teams

8th & 9th Grade 2013 Summer Travel Lacrosse Team Tryouts HAVE BEEN POSTPONED

As previously stated, HDD will be holding the Varsity and JV team tryouts after the fall recruiting tournaments. Coach Mike Taylor felt it to be much more beneficial for both the players from the 2016 and 2017 age groups, as well as the organization, to tryout at the same time as the older groups. Information will be updated here on our Dune Dawgs website in the future regarding the dates.

For more information, please email us at: HavocDuneDawgs@gmail.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Little guys still go tonight though right ?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Little guys still go tonight though right ?
No other scheduling changes have been passed along to BOTC at this time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how was the HDD tryout last night? Heard it was very light any truth to this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any info on the fall tournament for the 2011 summer team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I suggest asking them..

any info on the fall tournament for the 2011 summer team?
r

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is this not the right venue to ask for that info?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
is this not the right venue to ask for that info?
Given that today is their tryouts, you should be able to get your answers at the field. If you were not able to attend, e-mail the Havoc Dune Dawgs at the address at the top of this thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were not many kids at all for the 2nd or 3rd grade tryouts. They will be lucky to field one team again this year just like last years disaster. You will have Combined 2nd and 3rd grade team enntering tournaments and getting beat up. The only difference is that last years team had a good goalie. As predicted on this forum a lot of the good 2nd graders did not return to tryouts because of Don G. Good thing 3rd grade express tryouts are next week. Also only about 17 kids for 4th grade team went and tried out. No real team for that grade level either. But at least Gatz is there. Do you see the common thing that's occurring on the younger teams. As usual the 2019 team was crazy over 60 kids. Everyone seems to want to make that green team to be the best on long island and maybe the country. Rumor has it the tryout was insane and kids were very good and mean. They all want to be on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did the 2020 tryout look like?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard