BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 97 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone have any insight into who the Express North 2020 coaches are?

Good question. Also the 2021 team? Can't find anything on the website.

I got an email the other day with tryout information and coaches for years 2022-2026, maybe still confirming the other grades? I'd be surprised to see any changes for the 2019 & 2018's.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nic Bell from Trinity-Pawling is Coaching the 2020 AA team

Rick Trizano from Iona Prep is Coaching the 2021 team

Chris Schreiber is doing everything he can to build a winning organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was the best post on this site, great Job and hopefully these directors listen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was the best post on this site, great Job and hopefully these directors listen

Listen to what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so how were tryouts for everyone this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so how were tryouts for everyone this weekend?

Wet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Numbers that showed up??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Numbers that showed up??
I think numbers looked down for Express North & Primetime but could be just for 2020 & 2021...not sure for other grade years. But at close to 75-100$ per try-out doesn't make much sense to try out for 3 or 4 teams anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Numbers that showed up??
I think numbers looked down for Express North & Primetime but could be just for 2020 & 2021...not sure for other grade years. But at close to 75-100$ per try-out doesn't make much sense to try out for 3 or 4 teams anymore.

Looked to be a number of kids at these tryouts for 2021 that had reclassed. Just nuts. And won't they get pushed back up by next year with the new age based rules? I don't get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will be in HS next year as 9th graders (NOT 10th graders) so this won't effect them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the difference going into 9th vs going into 10th?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will be in HS next year as 9th graders (NOT 10th graders) so this won't effect them.

It will for club teams that will be age based. If you reclassed to 2021 (14U), next year instead of 15U you will be pushed back up to 16U since that's reflective of their actual age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are club teams mandating age based teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are club teams mandating age based teams?
They don't seem to be, and as long as tournaments and team 'recruiting' events are grade based, there wouldn't seem to be a rush to do so

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Numbers that showed up??

Looked to be a number of kids at these tryouts for 2021 that had reclassed. Just nuts. And won't they get pushed back up by next year with the new age based rules? I don't get it.
Wasn't at Express North try-outs, but Prime Time 2021 & 2020 teams could both be 50% holdbacks this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Numbers that showed up??

Wasn't at Express North try-outs, but Prime Time 2021 & 2020 teams could both be 50% holdbacks this year

Chasing that dream of $3,000 in scholarship money.....Maybe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Numbers that showed up??

I would be curious to know if the new age based rules will impact club programs. Are clubs somehow bound by the US lacrosse rules or can they just say screw it and keep doing things as they have already done? Nothing on the US lax site addresses this. Anyone have any insight?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Numbers that showed up??

I would be curious to know if the new age based rules will impact club programs. Are clubs somehow bound by the US lacrosse rules or can they just say screw it and keep doing things as they have already done? Nothing on the US lax site addresses this. Anyone have any insight?

I could be wrong but if alliances create their own tournaments like NLF who cares what US Lacrosse says. they will do things as they see fit and why shouldn't they. As long as it is competitive lacrosse. You want like teams playing like teams who cares what the individual age is.

Although I get it as a parent, some dont want to play against older bigger stronger, and some even do the anti sportsmanship thing and prefer their offspring to play down, but my kid always played up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talent at tryouts today for Predators. They should be one of the top teams this year. Great consistant coaching every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as age limits impacting clubs, no way. They are in it to win it. We'd all love to see the birthdates of kids playing clubs at tourneys. Only when teams face the WSYL birthdate issue will some teams adjust their rosters to keep major holdbacks off the roster, if the 9/1 rumors are true.

NLF was supposed to have asked for birthdate checks for their tourneys but what that entailed who knows. Their clubs are mainly holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please note. Every club program is the greatest. Just ask them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah the ole Joe Flacco debate! What else do you expect them to say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's lacking in Westchester is a solid B program, (or A, if you're now using the AA model). But I would guess nobody would want to brag about being the best 2nd Tier program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tristate out of suny purchase is a solid A/B team, however you want to label it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tristate out of suny purchase is a solid A/B team, however you want to label it

Did they have good numbers yesterday? I just got an alert they reopened registration for day 2 of tryouts on Sept. 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The pandering to the parents is sickening. And all the parents are there starry eyed dreaming of there kid's offer from Brown at age 13. None of these programs sets realistic expectations. The game used be fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Westchester, how many holdback you have playing in Sect 1 this year. and does anyone know if Ct ever pass the by law about age for HS sports in CT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In CT you cant turn 20 before 4/1 and play a sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In CT you cant turn 20 before 4/1 and play a sport.

So you can be a 20 year old college freshman the following year. Or PG and be a 21 year old college freshman. Holy crow, you can play most of your lax season as a 20 year old senior if you birthday was4/2 wth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The pandering to the parents is sickening. And all the parents are there starry eyed dreaming of there kid's offer from Brown at age 13. None of these programs sets realistic expectations. The game used be fun.
Everything you say is absolutely true, but that 'pandering' also equates to running a business and giving the paying customer what they want, or think they want. The first thing Schreiber said at Express North try-out mini-parent meeting is; they are a business. He comes off like he doesn't agree with early recruiting, reclassifying, grade based, etc... but then goes on to say they are part of NLF, kids will see recruiters at an early age, everything that starry eyed parent wants to hear....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everything you say is absolutely true, but that 'pandering' also equates to running a business and giving the paying customer what they want, or think they want. The first thing Schreiber said at Express North try-out mini-parent meeting is; they are a business. He comes off like he doesn't agree with early recruiting, reclassifying, grade based, etc... but then goes on to say they are part of NLF, kids will see recruiters at an early age, everything that starry eyed parent wants to hear....

I don't see anything wrong with that, gives honest opinion then gives the facts. You can have a feeling towards something and relay that message but also convey what is happening. reality vs perception.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am hearing that Primetime, which is based in Lewisboro, and has been traditionally very strong, is no longer going to be able to call John Jay HS their home. It seems like they are scrambling for field space and have not let anyone know where that may be. This could change alot of the dynamic as I am hearing Express North is calling the Harvey School in Katonah, their new home, Does anyone know where Prime Time will be going? some are saying down County but not confirmed

On. 8/15 A new location for tryouts was announced. Don't know where practices will be held.

Not sure where practices will be, but second day of tryouts are at Purchase. The SUNY must be making some good coin as it seems nearly every travel team is having tryouts on campus on the 30th.

Westchester Warriors, they play out of Kennedy Catholic HS. As we always see new teams come and go this may have some staying power. Good directors a school who has joined Catholic league, some good coaches could this gain traction?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't see anything wrong with that, gives honest opinion then gives the facts. You can have a feeling towards something and relay that message but also convey what is happening. reality vs perception.

I totally appreciate the honesty and that it is a business but the part that is always left out, especially for parents of younger kids, is that these programs are highly competitive and are geared towards grooming D1 players and that many of you will be playing elsewhere in a few years unless your child is exceptional. And that generally means an outstanding stick, very fast and big.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IF YOUR GOAL IS TO PLAY college lacrosse at any level- it is no surprise that primetime, express north are geared toward that level of exposure , tristate, warriors, and town affiliated type programs can do the trick, but are not geared towards the best 10 players , in front of the best college s at the best tourneys etc. for now that is the way it is, although that is rapidly changing with the growth of new teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am hearing that Primetime, which is based in Lewisboro, and has been traditionally very strong, is no longer going to be able to call John Jay HS their home. It seems like they are scrambling for field space and have not let anyone know where that may be. This could change alot of the dynamic as I am hearing Express North is calling the Harvey School in Katonah, their new home, Does anyone know where Prime Time will be going? some are saying down County but not confirmed

On. 8/15 A new location for tryouts was announced. Don't know where practices will be held.

Not sure where practices will be, but second day of tryouts are at Purchase. The SUNY must be making some good coin as it seems nearly every travel team is having tryouts on campus on the 30th.

Westchester Warriors, they play out of Kennedy Catholic HS. As we always see new teams come and go this may have some staying power. Good directors a school who has joined Catholic league, some good coaches could this gain traction?
I hope so. Northern Westchester needs solid B+ type of program that is not just focused on early D1 recruiting, but actually teach the game the way it's meant to be played. (Team centric vs. showcasing individuals). I think Tri State 91 does this well in southern Westchester. Warriors had decent but not great numbers show for their first try-out. (Although very few 2019)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IF YOUR GOAL IS TO PLAY college lacrosse at any level- it is no surprise that primetime, express north are geared toward that level of exposure , tristate, warriors, and town affiliated type programs can do the trick, but are not geared towards the best 10 players , in front of the best college s at the best tourneys etc. for now that is the way it is, although that is rapidly changing with the growth of new teams
And with that being said it would not surprise me from what I saw the past 2 weeks that Express North & PT 9th grade teams (2020) are made up of close to 50- 75% reclassified kids. (and it's always entertaining to hear these parents say they didn't reclassify their kids for lacrosse purposes) So yes, I hope there is a growth of new teams for that next tier of player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how often are the best 5th /6th graders lets say- still the best in 9th grade? does it carry through ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how often are the best 5th /6th graders lets say- still the best in 9th grade? does it carry through ?
that really depends, on the individual player's physical maturation, and then when hitting 9th grade for the elite lacrosse programs there is large influx of reclassified kids who may be 1 - 1 1/2 years older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DO KIDS JUST SAY - IM GONNA do a pg year and then play a year down ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're absolutely right when it comes to Prime Time and Express. But it's also interesting to see how well Yorktown Ballers are placing their top players, while integrating mid level players which enables the High School to maintain it's dominance in Westchester. An interesting analysis I heard in the spring from a HS coach when Fox Lane was upset by Mahopac 2 years in a row, and John Jay not really competitive with Yorktown in recent years is part of the Prime Time Effect. (High Scoring Top recruits who are unable to play the team game when it matters most.) That being said , Prime Time does work really hard to get their players recruited which I guess in the end matters the most.

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 97 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard