BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 31 of 220 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Curious how people feel the Hofstra position will impact the TG players being recruited.Positives would be obviously if you want to go to Hofstra,,also it may make her more familiar with the recruiting process and what makes coaches want to recruit a player.On the negative side does it impact other coaches especially in Hofstras division ,or teams that feel like they are competing with Shannon for a player.Does it set up the appearance that she may not be advocating for a player as strong as she could if she wants that player to attend Hofstra.On another note will any YJ player be less likely to go to Hofstra considering the animosity between programs.

So let me get this straight, Hofstra offers your daughter a good education and some money to play lacrosse and you dont play because you had a bee on your pinney?? give me a break

Good education ,very arguable(definitely not for the money)
Possible Shanon Smith may be less likely to recruit YJ players making it less likely for a YJ player to go to Hofstra
If the choice for SS to give money to a YJ player or TG player who do you think she goes with making YJ player less likely to go to Hofstra.
If YJ let you play for them for free ,would you?
If CR were coaching a college team would you be more or less likely to go.
I would rather believe that Shannon is not as petty as you parents. I have to believe she will take the best players that have interest in Hofstra no matter if that player played for Y.J. T.G. or Liberty, her ultimate goal is to win. I can't believe she would take a girl simply because of the jersey she wore for summer lax. With your theory any half decent player from West Babylon will make it to Hofstra even if there is a much stronger player from Longwood that is up against her for the same spot, it's just insane to think a D-1 coach will not take the best player period. My only thought is that if your a Y.J. player i would not spend the $1,000.00 and have Carol call Shannon, Just call yourself you'll be better off

$1000 for a phone call???? And why are you bashing Longwood?
Touchy , I wasn't bashing Longwood It was a random town name in my head to show that Shannon will pick the better player from any high school team as opposed to picking a player from her home town, So one could infer that she would pick the better player from the Yellow Jackets , Liberty , 91, etc. as opposed to picking a less talented T.G. player simply for the reason that she is a T.G. player. You must be new to this because everyone knows that Carol charges MOST girls a hefty fee for writing letters and making phone calls to coaches, I believe she calls it a recruiting service and I probably got the dollar amount a little on the cheap side. SORRY didn't mean to offend any of you truly thin skinned politicly correct helicopter moms.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, I'm impressed - 4 honest, sincere, helpful responses in a row with no name calling, bad mouthing or "my club's better than your club."

This shows that it can be done, let's keep it up!

Did not last long they just couldn't help themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, I'm impressed - 4 honest, sincere, helpful responses in a row with no name calling, bad mouthing or "my club's better than your club."

This shows that it can be done, let's keep it up!

Did not last long they just couldn't help themselves.

It's been very good lately - positive, helpful, encouraging posts! Keep it up is right!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calm down....was said in jest!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so do you really think that SS is going to call other colleges on your behalf for your kid at TG. Now that's funny. Good luck with that!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious how people feel the Hofstra position will impact the TG players being recruited.Positives would be obviously if you want to go to Hofstra,,also it may make her more familiar with the recruiting process and what makes coaches want to recruit a player.On the negative side does it impact other coaches especially in Hofstras division ,or teams that feel like they are competing with Shannon for a player.Does it set up the appearance that she may not be advocating for a player as strong as she could if she wants that player to attend Hofstra.On another note will any YJ player be less likely to go to Hofstra considering the animosity between programs.

So let me get this straight, Hofstra offers your daughter a good education and some money to play lacrosse and you dont play because you had a bee on your pinney?? give me a break

Possible Shanon Smith may be less likely to recruit YJ players making it less likely for a YJ player to go to Hofstra
If the choice for SS to give money to a YJ player or TG player who do you think she goes with making YJ player less likely to go to Hofstra.
I can answer both those questions in one , If Carol rose is coaching or is in any way involved NO

Don't you think there are many YJ parents and players who feel the same way with SS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone who has had a daughter in 5th or 6th grade on TG in the past tell me some of the tournaments and places that you have traveled to? Obviously there is no information on the TG website yet, but I was just trying to get an idea of where we will be traveling locally and off the Island in these age groups. Thanks in advance for any information!! The positive and helpful posts have been great!!

My daughter played on the 5th grade team and they played in: PA, NJ, Syracuse, Maryland & Delaware this past summer. This was our first year with TG so I;m not sure if they play the same tournaments every summer or not. So start saving gas money now! smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would rather believe that Shannon is not as petty as you parents. I have to believe she will take the best players that have interest in Hofstra no matter if that player played for Y.J. T.G. or Liberty, her ultimate goal is to win. I can't believe she would take a girl simply because of the jersey she wore for summer lax. With your theory any half decent player from West Babylon will make it to Hofstra even if there is a much stronger player from Longwood that is up against her for the same spot, it's just insane to think a D-1 coach will not take the best player period. My only thought is that if your a Y.J. player i would not spend the $1,000.00 and have Carol call Shannon, Just call yourself you'll be better off

$1000 for a phone call???? And why are you bashing Longwood?
Touchy , I wasn't bashing Longwood It was a random town name in my head to show that Shannon will pick the better player from any high school team as opposed to picking a player from her home town, So one could infer that she would pick the better player from the Yellow Jackets , Liberty , 91, etc. as opposed to picking a less talented T.G. player simply for the reason that she is a T.G. player. You must be new to this because everyone knows that Carol charges MOST girls a hefty fee for writing letters and making phone calls to coaches, I believe she calls it a recruiting service and I probably got the dollar amount a little on the cheap side. SORRY didn't mean to offend any of you truly thin skinned politicly correct helicopter moms.

Top Guns picked the MOST TALENTED players for BOTH black and purple teams this year.Outside the box thinking. YES, there were many, many cuts to players who were previously on the teams. But as a previous poster stated- no "A" or "B" team- instead 2 fierce teams that will raise the bar for the organization. Lots of hard feelings? Yes. If this strategy works and is made clear to all involved (players, parents,coaches) this WILL BE the place you want your daughters to play on. Hope the talent from other premier teams that were picked up works out. Rosters will be published soon and in some cases this forum will look tame to what will come on the bashing of those who made the switch (2017).(One girl posted on her fb page that she made a TG team but had no idea who was selected to coach, again-wait for the roster, lots of fibs?)Let's root for all the girls and encourage fair play and good sportsmanship. LET THEM PLAY!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can answer both those questions in one , If Carol rose is coaching or is in any way involved NO

Don't you think there are many YJ parents and players who feel the same way with SS
WHY???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns picked the MOST TALENTED players for BOTH black and purple teams this year.Outside the box thinking. YES, there were many, many cuts to players who were previously on the teams. But as a previous poster stated- no "A" or "B" team- instead 2 fierce teams that will raise the bar for the organization. Lots of hard feelings? Yes. If this strategy works and is made clear to all involved (players, parents,coaches) this WILL BE the place you want your daughters to play on. Hope the talent from other premier teams that were picked up works out. Rosters will be published soon and in some cases this forum will look tame to what will come on the bashing of those who made the switch (2017).(One girl posted on her fb page that she made a TG team but had no idea who was selected to coach, again-wait for the roster, lots of fibs?)Let's root for all the girls and encourage fair play and good sportsmanship. LET THEM PLAY!

Excellent post

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is great to hear! I had also heard that in the past that parents had used the colors of the teams to distinguish an "A" and "B" team, which I think always works against everyone. And yes, I meant to say everyone, because one year a girl could be on black and then moved to purple another year for whatever reason TG sees fit, and because of these categories the young lady is devastated. These labels are not what it's all about. I have also heard that with the amount of girls and the amount of talent that came out in ALL age groups, TG basically had their top picks and have made very competitive teams across the board and across the colors. GO TG! Good Luck to all the girls and above all ENJOY your sport!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HELP. My daughter was fortunate enough to make one of the 2018 teams, incoming 7th-grader. My spouse and I are debating/yelling/battling back and forth over whether the commitment is worth it at this age. Her primary concern is whether it's "too early" to make such a large time/financial commitment. She feels that it might be better to wait a year, brush up on her skills and take try again next year. My fear is that the girls that opt to play will likely improve significantly, making it more difficult for my daughter to keep up. In short, I wonder whether we're already somewhat late to the party and frankly was surprised by our invitation.

Any thoughts / advice would be much appreciated.

Kinda depends on how serious your kid is about lacrosse, and you're right, it is a big commitment. Assuming she is serious, I'm with you. Unless your plan to "brush-up" her skills is somehow better than playing club ball, she will lose ground to the kids that are playing year-round. Personnaly, I think 7th grade's about the right time to think about club sports. I know they start them earlier but I'm not a big fan of the practice.

I just wanted to thank you and the other kind people for your thoughtful replies to my question / concern. After multiple heated arguments back and forth about the pluses and minuses, we've decided to take the leap ,,, primarily because my daughter is thrilled about the opportunity. I look forward to meeting many of you next Spring / Summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent post

Give me a break, you are so naive if you think both teams will be even remotely close in talent.No offense but YJ was much better then us at this age group last year and if the top talent was equally divided we would have absolutely no chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent post

Love that post too! My daughter is one of the new 2017 players, so we're anxious to see the rosters! Go Top Guns!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent post

Give me a break, you are so naive if you think both teams will be even remotely close in talent.No offense but YJ was much better then us at this age group last year and if the top talent was equally divided we would have absolutely no chance.

We'll see...adding a few of those YJ players will definitely help us be more competitive...doesn't hurt for that person to be positive and optimistic...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent post

Easy there tough guy, how about you wait to judge until the administartors of the league address this. Both teams will be loeaded this year based on movement and newcomers. I trust TG knows what they are doing and have a feeling they will make it clear that one team is NOT going to be an "A" team. They do NOT want to be known as the YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha HA HA. As soon as you have enough kids at tryout to have a third team. It is done. Don't kid yourselves. You are exactly like the yjs. It is a business, and therefor run as one. Soon to have three teams in all ages. Dont hate ss for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 They are a town team though, not a club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The most important thing is the girls are going to play against girls equal to or better than their own athletic ability. Everyone should be encouraging the girls not bashing all the teams . You never know what a talent will develop into they are so young. Some kids peak at an early age and others take time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent post

Easy there tough guy, how about you wait to judge until the administartors of the league address this. Both teams will be loeaded this year based on movement and newcomers. I trust TG knows what they are doing and have a feeling they will make it clear that one team is NOT going to be an "A" team. They do NOT want to be known as the YJ.

Clueless, of course they will have an A team and B team.Why do you think this would be the only age group to do this let alone the only travel club. Let me guess your new YJ saviors will be on the black team, guaranteed .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 They are a town team though, not a club team.

what does that mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent post

Clueless, of course they will have an A team and B team.Why do you think this would be the only age group to do this let alone the only travel club. Let me guess your new YJ saviors will be on the black team, guaranteed .

Funny how we talk about competing with the YJ's, M&D's and SkyWalkers of the lax world and then talk about fielding multiple balanced teams at each grad year. Hope no one out there actually thinks we can do both. Wouldn't want to play for a club that, by design, does not field their most competitive teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent post

Funny how we talk about competing with the YJ's, M&D's and SkyWalkers of the lax world and then talk about fielding multiple balanced teams at each grad year. Hope no one out there actually thinks we can do both. Wouldn't want to play for a club that, by design, does not field their most competitive teams.

don't worry. the best team will be black, and hopefully, purple will be very competitive too...that's the goal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent post

WHAT?? You make no sense! OF COURSE TG IS FIELDING THEIR MOST COMPETITIVE MULTIPLE BALANCED TEAMS. Why couldn't it be done?? Did you take your thinking pill this morning??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk about drinking kool-aid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WHAT?? You make no sense! OF COURSE TG IS FIELDING THEIR MOST COMPETITIVE MULTIPLE BALANCED TEAMS. Why couldn't it be done?? Did you take your thinking pill this morning??

Stole another play out of CR playbook and you fell for it, what next all teams will be called black?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stole another play out of CR playbook and you fell for it, what next all teams will be called black?

Will be very confusing YJ blue vs TG black on field 1 with YJ blue vs TG black on field 2 all in the same age group.This politically correct nonsense that all the players have equal talent has got to stop.Yes my kid has been on TG black for years and has worked hard to stay there,give the kids something to work towards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately I think a nerve has been struck with the pompous parents whose daughters MUST be labeled on the black team and therefore the "A" team, vs being on purple. How dare there be a 2nd competitive team in any age group? (said sarcastically) Obviously one team is going to be loaded with awesome players. But why is it so hard to believe that with such a great turnout at tryouts, a second team of highly competitive awesome players couldn't be formed? And I'll say it so the arrogant, negative parents out there don't start crying....of course that second team will play in a lower division....there,there feel better? Now everyone needs to lighten up and get their panties unbunched, and be happy that we have young, happy and HEALTHY kids who can play and enjoy sports! Let's be thankful for what we have and focus on the positive! Thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately I think a nerve has been struck with the pompous parents whose daughters MUST be labeled on the black team and therefore the "A" team, vs being on purple. How dare there be a 2nd competitive team in any age group? (said sarcastically) Obviously one team is going to be loaded with awesome players. But why is it so hard to believe that with such a great turnout at tryouts, a second team of highly competitive awesome players couldn't be formed? And I'll say it so the arrogant, negative parents out there don't start crying....of course that second team will play in a lower division....there,there feel better? Now everyone needs to lighten up and get their panties unbunched, and be happy that we have young, happy and HEALTHY kids who can play and enjoy sports! Let's be thankful for what we have and focus on the positive! Thank you

Yeah real positive.Stop with the politically correct everyone gets a metal type attitude.No one said they cannot have 2 very good teams at each age group but to act as if there is not an A and B and possibly a C team is just silly.You keep lying to your kid telling them that her team is just as good as the top team and I will keep telling mine that if she wants to be on the top team she needs to work hard.If you consider that arrogant so be it.If people are actually believing that both teams will be equal and are making their decision to lay based on that then that is wrong.Good luck on your purple team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very well said! Thanks, from a happy purple team parent!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great Post! Lets all grow up we all play for the same club team ! All that matters is the girls are doing something they love to do PLAY LACROSSE!y2y

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like the nerve was struck with the dilusional parents who's daughters have been placed on the purple teams do to playing ability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think BOTH teams will be loaded with awesome players. As a previous poster stated- let's wait for the rosters. Good luck to all of the girls playing fall sports for their respective schools!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think BOTH teams will be loaded with awesome players. As a previous poster stated- let's wait for the rosters. Good luck to all of the girls playing fall sports for their respective schools!

I guess the rosters should be posted towards the end of the month, since first payment is due 9/17. Does anyone know when they were posted last year? The website says fall tournaments and practices will be announced today, but nothing yet...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I am being more positive than most of these posts....and what do you know about what I am saying to my kid? I'm telling her to do her best and enjoy playing. What I consider arrogant is when parents whose kid is already in a higher position on a team, has to make it worse by drilling that into everyone else, and cannot find it in themselves to just be encouraging to the whole club. By the way...I'm not looking for my kid to get a medal, (spelled with a D) just for her to be able to have fun in her sport without teammates on a different color team acting superior because of what mommy and daddy has them believing (because I can guarantee, the year your daughter drops down to purple, you'll be finding yourself a new club because of the stigma you're adding). And thank you, we will have fun on purple! Have fun on black stabbing each other in the backs! Chill Out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent post

It was YJ #2 that was in the u-15 finals in fla, not YJ #1 - anything is possible if you have enough talented girls to choose from!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I am being more positive than most of these posts....and what do you know about what I am saying to my kid? I'm telling her to do her best and enjoy playing. What I consider arrogant is when parents whose kid is already in a higher position on a team, has to make it worse by drilling that into everyone else, and cannot find it in themselves to just be encouraging to the whole club. By the way...I'm not looking for my kid to get a medal, (spelled with a D) just for her to be able to have fun in her sport without teammates on a different color team acting superior because of what mommy and daddy has them believing (because I can guarantee, the year your daughter drops down to purple, you'll be finding yourself a new club because of the stigma you're adding). And thank you, we will have fun on purple! Have fun on black stabbing each other in the backs! Chill Out!

Are you that dense, do you really think you are being encouraging to the whole club .I can guarantee my daughter will never drop down to purple ,so the good news is she will never have to play with your daughter. Have fun on purple because everyone knows losing most of your games is fun.You are such a smug touchebag ,oh sorry I should have used a D again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really sure how this post is discouraging the whole club...you're being pretty smug and mighty discouraging. Good luck to your fellow sideline parents dealing with you. I'm sure you let them know that your daughter is the best one on her team to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really sure how this post is discouraging the whole club...you're being pretty smug and mighty discouraging. Good luck to your fellow sideline parents dealing with you. I'm sure you let them know that your daughter is the best one on her team to.

Hey, now this sounds like that other thread!! It sure didn't take long for you all to start the infighting and petty bickering. And the rosters are not even posted yet!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never said discouraging to the whole club ,you just seem to resent the players and parents on the black teams.The people who feel the desire to correct others grammar,spelling etc. come across to me as the smug ones.By the way I think it should have been too not to.Good luck to your sideline parents watching your daughter drop the ball for the season.Keep up the good work.

Like Reply Quote
Page 31 of 220 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard