BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 31 32
Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a huge turnout at the 91 last night. Heard that it wasn't much better last week either.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you surprised,?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, thought that they would still draw some interest, especially with the rumors of everyone leaving Outlaws and Igloo. They must not be true or everyone is going elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the year people go else were, because parent realize standing on side line on a AA team. Will not get you looks. You need to play.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes the ones who want to leave will leave ...there will be 50 new kids to choose from it is what it is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leaving Outlaws- Now That's Funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is going leaving. At this age your teams are set, give or take a few. They only team that is an embarrassment to the sport is 2021 Express. 40 plus kids on one team, most don't play, and MC, will take kids from other teams and play em on his team for the sake of a t shirt at a tournament . So that means the kids who were starting got bumped. Did not work out for him at NLF this summer. Parents you need to be aware and smarter than just giving your $$$ to a 40 plus team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing half of that sideline of MC is venturing off to a small up and coming club ran by their competition out in north shore Suffolk . I guess better late then never !

quote=Anonymous]No one is going leaving. At this age your teams are set, give or take a few. They only team that is an embarrassment to the sport is 2021 Express. 40 plus kids on one team, most don't play, and MC, will take kids from other teams and play em on his team for the sake of a t shirt at a tournament . So that means the kids who were starting got bumped. Did not work out for him at NLF this summer. Parents you need to be aware and smarter than just giving your $$$ to a 40 plus team. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hearing half of that sideline of MC is venturing off to a small up and coming club ran by their competition out in north shore Suffolk . I guess better late then never !

What's the name of the club?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has to be Empire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone go to Icon tryouts last night? How many kids? Any talent there other than existing players? I would assume everyone is returning. They are very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is going leaving. At this age your teams are set, give or take a few. They only team that is an embarrassment to the sport is 2021 Express. 40 plus kids on one team, most don't play, and MC, will take kids from other teams and play em on his team for the sake of a t shirt at a tournament . So that means the kids who were starting got bumped. Did not work out for him at NLF this summer. Parents you need to be aware and smarter than just giving your $$$ to a 40 plus team.

Express is known for doing that at various age groups 2019 also. Take everyone and sort em out and shuffle em around later as needed. You never know who you'll play when you play them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't this the age that the tournaments don't really matter, it is more of being at the right recruiting tournament and getting playing time? I spoke to a HS Coach, and he said the best kids on the worst teams will get a look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Allot of talent at ICON as expected didn't see anyone there that did not belong. about 70 or so kids so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Allot of talent at ICON as expected didn't see anyone there that did not belong. about 70 or so kids so.

sounds like they will be able to get rid of some of the dead wood

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
correct , doesn't matter a/b/c team , when a college coach is contacted and will be at that particular recruitment tournament he will come take a look. Worked for my son. ( people beating there brains out to fight for top team placement is useless to a point ) But again you need to be in the right recruitment tournaments where college coaches are present. Some clubs have stronger connections then others to get into these good ones.

Isn't this the age that the tournaments don't really matter, it is more of being at the right recruiting tournament and getting playing time? I spoke to a HS Coach, and he said the best kids on the worst teams will get a look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
correct , doesn't matter a/b/c team , when a college coach is contacted and will be at that particular recruitment tournament he will come take a look. Worked for my son. ( people beating there brains out to fight for top team placement is useless to a point ) But again you need to be in the right recruitment tournaments where college coaches are present. Some clubs have stronger connections then others to get into these good ones.

I'm new to this. So my son should be reaching out to college coaches and letting him know that he will be at certain tournaments? Thanks for the info.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I agree. Euthanasia for all 8th grade boys who aren't up to par in lax. The nerve of these undesirables to even show their hideous faces at tryouts. Do you even think about what you post ? No my son is not one of these poor wretched rotting pieces of lumber you speak of. Thank god for that !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I agree. Euthanasia for all 8th grade boys who aren't up to par in lax. The nerve of these undesirables to even show their hideous faces at tryouts. Do you even think about what you post ? No my son is not one of these poor wretched rotting pieces of lumber you speak of. Thank god for that !

Hah! Yes, that post likely came from some fat slob lax daddy who never played the game. To refer to any kid at this age level as "dead wood" is pretty much a disgrace. Yeah, some kids are just nonathletic and/or immature, but most kids still try hard. Lighten up there lax daddy. Not every kid can be the next Gary Gait like your little Johnny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually- ICON lost their 2 best kids so there's that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did they go? Is that including the Express guest player from last year or did they lose two more? That's too bad if true. That is a great team and strong organization.

Actually- ICON lost their 2 best kids so there's that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They both left and they were not the BEST players... Just saying...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kid is the best? Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They both left and they were not the BEST players... Just saying...

Of course not...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon lost 3 players all to Express. No great loss for the Icon Orange team. 2 of 3 didn't play much last season.

One of them was obviously their best player.
They certainly will be a weaker team without him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No they won't be a weaker team. None of the 3 were the best players...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very low turn out for Express this evening. Will they have enough for two teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very low turn out for Express this evening. Will they have enough for two teams?

Who Cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express never cuts anyone. Maybe this year they will have to make some cuts if they don't have enough for two teams and can only field one team. Sad for kids on the second team because they had a good season. Surprising more did not return.

quote=Anonymous]

Who Cares [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the downfall for that team. They are all small players cannot compete in these big showcases. They get pushed around. This team will be a B team only nothing more. All the A players have gone to express,igloo, and legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
... Enough about Icon. Grow up!!! You all need a life...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon's problem has always been their small size. I saw some new bigger kids with talent at the tryout. With the coaching of PM, JD and NE, Icon will be JUST FINE... imo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Helmets spotted at various eastern long island tryouts , looks like there's a mass exodus of unhappy players testing the waters elsewhere , true test for MC and his rip off organization will be lets see how those players do for other programs ? and if he actually improved them enough to be a standout player like he claims over and over to parents when he is recruiting kids for his club. You get bare minimum at high price . Nothing really in return. Parents only appease him when they are thinking of sending their son to catholic school. Other then that good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express had about 60 kids there. They will offer a spot to everyone. If they don't have enough for a second team because kids choose not to play for Express they will add kids as they always do by October. The A team will be just as good as last year. The only kids that are leaving are the kids who never played. That is why you see so many Express helmets at other teams tryouts.

Express Helmets spotted at various eastern long island tryouts , looks like there's a mass exodus of unhappy players testing the waters elsewhere , true test for MC and his rip off organization will be lets see how those players do for other programs ? and if he actually improved them enough to be a standout player like he claims over and over to parents when he is recruiting kids for his club. You get bare minimum at high price . Nothing really in return. Parents only appease him when they are thinking of sending their son to catholic school. Other then that good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you respond to this garbage? Everyone who knows lax knows Icon will be good this year. Those who say not have a personal reason to trash them here. My kid has played against Icon many times and they are a top team. No weak links.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who f##king cares it's 8th grade lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Icon will miss the kid that has played on both Express and Icon last year but I understand he is going to try and do both again, don't know if Icon coach's will allow it as it really is not right but we'll see. As far as the other kid who may be leaving I understand he did not play all last summer and maybe is moving on. They had a very solid attack with two top kids there, a very good def with one kid very good and a core of solid mids. I also understand they had a few new kids at there tryout who will give them good size. They were the best coached team I saw and I'm sure they will be very soild again. They have most of the top kids from Franklin Square, the top 2-3 kids from Garden City and the most of the top kids from RVC which are all good programs. I'm sure that staff will make every player a better lacrosse player which is what they are suppose to do at this age. Is it true that there is a new staff at Express at this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Icon will miss the kid that has played on both Express and Icon last year but I understand he is going to try and do both again, don't know if Icon coach's will allow it as it really is not right but we'll see. As far as the other kid who may be leaving I understand he did not play all last summer and maybe is moving on. They had a very solid attack with two top kids there, a very good def with one kid very good and a core of solid mids. I also understand they had a few new kids at there tryout who will give them good size. They were the best coached team I saw and I'm sure they will be very soild again. They have most of the top kids from Franklin Square, the top 2-3 kids from Garden City and the most of the top kids from RVC which are all good programs. I'm sure that staff will make every player a better lacrosse player which is what they are suppose to do at this age. Is it true that there is a new staff at Express at this age group.

Wow, you have quite a wealth of knowledge about a team that you act like "saw".
This was obviously written by one of the Icon asst. coaches/dads. Yes you have a solid team, but it will obviously be effected by the loss of your best player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing for both teams is so stupid, if one kid decides if you are good or just ok, that is sad.

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard