BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 79 1 2 3 4 5 6 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we stop using the PC term "reclass" and just call it what it is?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't think there is an influx in Philly. Penn Charter and Haverford are notorious but wouldn't say influx
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am curious on why there is an influx of kids "reclassed" in the philly region? Or is it occurring all over the the US, to give their kids an advantage ? If the kid doesn't stand out with age appropriate kids than reclass them so they stand out? What is wrong with people?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say 99% of the people don't have kids in July or August and think hey let me hold this kid back so he can play lacrosse with kids that technically he is only a few months older than.
Now holding them back in 6th or 8th grade is a whole different story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happens all the time check out the Maryland and Long Island site. It's not just lacrosse either. Definitely an advantage I think Philly private schools started to keep pace with Maryland schools that they play quite a bit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the better term?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the better term?

Cheater?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the better term?

Cheater?

I think you need a better term. There are lots of ways to be a cheater and reclassing is just one of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Certainly don't agree with it but wouldn't consider it cheating. In some cases kids are getting reclassified twice. In our area look at Unionville they have a pre 1st option thus resulting in 13 grades. They do it for academic development reasons however that school scores well on standardized testing the question is are they cheating since it is the same scenario

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about Team 11?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sankey team took over the fields that HHH was using at penn charter. Penn charter said bye bye to HHH. It will sound great and kids will be excited. I mean parents will be excited in the beginning but the top kids will leave ASAP as there will not be enough talented kids to field even a B level team. Just another club thinning out the talent in philly.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know, with Rising Sons folding, there are going to be lots of kids looking for homes. Should be interesting to see what happens

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are practicing an hour from were the RS kids live. They are offering a lot for $1500. Next year they will be charging Mesa prices...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And just because that's what you wish you know the Rising Sons are not folding. You know but you can't help to come on here and try and make others believe your crazy rumor. Everyone practices within an hour of the Sons.
I don't know, with Rising Sons folding, there are going to be lots of kids looking for homes. Should be interesting to see what happens

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And just because that's what you wish you know the Rising Sons are not folding. You know but you can't help to come on here and try and make others believe your crazy rumor. Everyone practices within an hour of the Sons.

So are you saying they are having a 2020 team next year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard HS will be National Teams with at least half coming from them.

So are you saying they are having a 2020 team next year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very confused Rising Sons is done? Should my son attend tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sons will have 2021-2025 teams. They are working with NXT to create a training model specifically for their kids in these grades with hope that they choose NXT HS as rising freshman. Their highly successful 2020s are headed to NXT via an open tryout. I'd imagine a good majority of their kids will make it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sons will have 2021-2025 teams. They are working with NXT to create a training model specifically for their kids in these grades with hope that they choose NXT HS as rising freshman. Their highly successful 2020s are headed to NXT via an open tryout. I'd imagine a good majority of their kids will make it.

Not sure why you wouldn't just try out for NXT? What kind of logic is that? Try out for Sons to train with NXT, for Sons to drop you going into 9th grade and then you can try out for NXT? Am I hearing that correctly?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the best Philly teams playing this fall?

Is it a play day or a real tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the best Philly teams playing this fall?

Is it a play day or a real tournament?

They are playing on the football or soccer field!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just read about the new "club model", Headstrong Quakers, whereby a D1 Coach is leading club teams. Did I read that wrong or will Mike Murphy (and others) of Penn really be coaching a club team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I know and understand Sons will field teams and supplement their coaching with some NXT clinics, coaching, etc. After 8th grade the kids will then have the opportunity to play with NXT full time. Just like every other team at most of the pre-HS levels, there's a tryout for that team as well.
Will all the Sons kids make NXT? Likely not. But the lower level NXT teams are not that competitive so you can do that math.
My son will be at the Sons tryout. Good, solid program with good coaches and kids. And no, this isn't the "founder" or current team member dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any program worth their salt should be able to keep and run teams through high school. I would be suspect of a club that couldn't. What is their real motivation in running their club? Anyone can find some youth kids to put together and win a tournament. A real club will develop players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And thats exactly what they did. In a huge way. Developed players and continue to develop players. When HHH was running just 6,7,8 grade and funneling kids to Dukes were they not worth their salt? Are they worth their salt?? What an [lacrosse]. Look what they did in a few short years. Go ask around the top clubs in the country if their worth their salt. They are well respected despite what you keep saying to your self.
Any program worth their salt should be able to keep and run teams through high school. I would be suspect of a club that couldn't. What is their real motivation in running their club? Anyone can find some youth kids to put together and win a tournament. A real club will develop players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your not comparing the old HHh teams to the current RS ones? There 21 team was great but broke up 2 years ago, the younger teams are average at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't all the Philly teams kinda "average"?
Let's face it, this region is the worst when it comes to dilution of talent across teams. Every year another two teams pop up where daddy can coach little johnny and his buddies.
If you took all the best from all the teams and put them on one, they would be competitive.
There is no true elite AA team in the area that can hang on LI or MD for that matter.
If I'm wrong, please show me when one of them has won or beaten any LI or MD team (Igloo, Express, 91, Diamondbacks, Hawks).
FYI: Referring to 23s-21s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the line above about teams popping up so daddy can coach little Johnny and his buddies, this is what is wrong with youth sports. The thing is, IMO, these kids will not benefit from this in the long run. I have been around sports all my life and the kids that have been "coached" by their parents end up having issues with coaches in the future. Oh, and their dads also have issues with any coach too. I have seen it time and time again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't all the Philly teams kinda "average"?
Let's face it, this region is the worst when it comes to dilution of talent across teams. Every year another two teams pop up where daddy can coach little johnny and his buddies.
If you took all the best from all the teams and put them on one, they would be competitive.
There is no true elite AA team in the area that can hang on LI or MD for that matter.
If I'm wrong, please show me when one of them has won or beaten any LI or MD team (Igloo, Express, 91, Diamondbacks, Hawks).
FYI: Referring to 23s-21s

Freedom beat igloo 2022 at young guns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brotherly Love teams have beaten Express, Igloo, Bethesda LC, Crabs, and Laxachusetts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sankey needs to break away from Wave One though. They are supposedly funding Team 11 which means things will get ugly fast!

Can anyone expand on this. Not familiar with the relationship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know that wasn't the real Igloo team, right?
Freedom is good, not great. You know this. Best team in Philly at 2022? Probably.
The original poster is right. As much as that sucks, he's right.
I'd say put the challenge as this: show me a tournament not called Summer Slam, Meltdown, Patriot Games, Philly Showdown that any of these teams has won.
Basically show me a team that has won a tourney outside of Philly...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brotherly Love teams have beaten Express, Igloo, Bethesda LC, Crabs, and Laxachusetts

So have most of the HHH teams (23-21) but not on a regular basis or to win a real, non-Philly tournament.
I think that's his point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the line above about teams popping up so daddy can coach little Johnny and his buddies, this is what is wrong with youth sports. The thing is, IMO, these kids will not benefit from this in the long run. I have been around sports all my life and the kids that have been "coached" by their parents end up having issues with coaches in the future. Oh, and their dads also have issues with any coach too. I have seen it time and time again.
NO you haven't. Thats just what people think the right thing is to say. Almost every top team has a dad coach because they put the time and energy in to make everyone better. Your Stupid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO you haven't. Thats just what people think the right thing is to say. Almost every top team has a dad coach because they put the time and energy in to make everyone better. Your Stupid.

"Your Stupid" Ohhhhhh the irony there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree as a dad coach I see more parents that not only don't coach they never volunteer in the community and school and they write long emails and want to talk to you about position or lack of playing time and coddle their kids who never advocate for themselves. I had one dad ask me why his son can't play attack. My response was he needs to work on his stick skills have you ever considered getting him a bounce back. He responded he got one last your and I asked him what drills he does on the bounce back. His response .... He doesn't really use it that much. There are certainly cons to having dad coach but for the most part at the youth level there are a lot of good youth coaches doing the right thing. Most that complain are mad because their kid isn't playing attack.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Mesa 2021 orange had a pretty good summer
They won young gunz beat Hawks, madlax national
And icon. Finished 2nd at NXT cup with a convincing
Win over igloo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Mesa 2021 orange had a pretty good summer
They won young gunz beat Hawks, madlax national
And icon. Finished 2nd at NXT cup with a convincing
Win over igloo
e] big deal they lost to uprising twice and got smoked by 91 outside of that they didn't play anyone. HHH will be the team to beat this summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first time Mesa played Uprising, they had had a handful of practices. This team has been together for ONE year, as of today. The second time, 1/4 of the team wasn't there. And yes, Mesa did get smoked by 91, no one will argue that. But how can you say they haven't played "anyone" outside of the teams they did play, and beat? Name those teams...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be you're stupid and clearly if you don't know that... Well, I won't even finish that statement 👍🏼😝

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2024 teams

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 79 1 2 3 4 5 6 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard