BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 51 1 2 3 4 50 51
Re: Boys 2020- 9th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ill believe it when I see it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about we address the elephant in the room? Who will play on Crush next year considering the rumored hold backs leaving to play on the 2021 team?

Good question. One starting center middie who is already held back once, as well as coaches son who my be playing in is correct age group, although will still probably claim to be playing up. Leaves two nice starting positions. Express has a couple that will be holding back as well including a coaches son. Guess if you can't beat the Crabs, and realize bashing their strategy on botc is pointless, you join them. I call it cowardly and pathetic!

No reason to hold back the center middle. He may be on the small side but he holds his own and is good enough to play his age. Why would his parents put him through this? If true,
It is pathetic!

My guess it's true, and he will play on both Crush and Blaze when Blaze plays grade based tournaments, and yes given the ability of the player and the fact he should be a 2019 to begin with, it is extremely pathetic !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2020 rosters get emails yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue is not the ability to "hold your own" the issue is do you exceed the ability of your peers. These hold backs are looking to stand out amongst the crowd. The playing field isn't how it started out in 2nd and 3rd grade when their skill level and athleticism stood out. Holding their own isn't good enough now that they aren't stand outs they will repeat a grade once sometimes twice to stand out or exceed the skill level of those they will play with as well as against, or that's the expectation anyway. The question is, how do you improve if you aren't being challenged? How is this affecting these boys socially? What message are these parents sending their kids? This has become an epidemic.
No matter how you explain and rationalize the reasoning for leaving your kid behind for them to have an advantage over younger kids you have to wonder about the repercussions socially, and psychologically. We can all read between the lines, your good kid but not good enough, you'll "look better" and "seem smarter" if you go to class with younger kids and if you play amongst the younger kids. How do these kids NOT feel inadequate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue is not the ability to "hold your own" the issue is do you exceed the ability of your peers. These hold backs are looking to stand out amongst the crowd. The playing field isn't how it started out in 2nd and 3rd grade when their skill level and athleticism stood out. Holding their own isn't good enough now that they aren't stand outs they will repeat a grade once sometimes twice to stand out or exceed the skill level of those they will play with as well as against, or that's the expectation anyway. The question is, how do you improve if you aren't being challenged? How is this affecting these boys socially? What message are these parents sending their kids? This has become an epidemic.
No matter how you explain and rationalize the reasoning for leaving your kid behind for them to have an advantage over younger kids you have to wonder about the repercussions socially, and psychologically. We can all read between the lines, your good kid but not good enough, you'll "look better" and "seem smarter" if you go to class with younger kids and if you play amongst the younger kids. How do these kids NOT feel inadequate?

Especially if they do it twice, embarrassment

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall schedules coming out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bunch of kids are commiting already, when most of them have not even stepped on to a high school field. We will see just exactly how good some of these players are if they could start on varsity for their high school. my bet, not even 1/2 make varsity and those who do wont see a minute of playing time. some may be exceptionally gifted, but for the majority, they wont be so lucky.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is my attempt at grouping

Pretty clear cut no questions...
Tier 1:
91 crush

Solid group could beat 91 if they have a off day.
Tier 2:
Looneys
Crabs
WCS
FCA

Very strong teams
Tier 3:
Express
Laxachusetts
Tomahawks
Hawks
Leading edge
Rising sons
Sweet lax upstate
Only 77 days until the games begin. It will be interesting to see what teams play the NLF event at Boy's Latin School Nov 6. WCS doesn't look to come east until Nov 19 and 20 in Long Island. Outside of the NLF members and affiliate's I see Looney's, FCA getting invited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Fall schedules coming out Either Inside Lacrosse or Autumn Gold Nov 5 NLF Boy's Latin Nov 6 Big 4 HHH @ Hill School Nov 12 fl$ in Delaware Nov 13 Rotanz LI Nov 19 NLF LI Nov 20 or Philly Freshman NXT Event Nov 19-20. This is where the Top 15 Programs will be playing. Most are invite only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tier 1:
91 crush
I
Tier 2:
Looneys
Crabs
WCS
FCA

WCS need to go down to "very strong" Taz could be in that mix too

Very strong teams
Tier 3:
Express
Laxachusetts
Tomahawks
Hawks
Leading edge
Rising sons
Sweet lax upstate

Edge Canada has beaten Laxachusettes and Tiomahawks this summer, should be in mix
and leading edge

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tier 1:
91 crush

Tier 2:
Looneys
Crabs
WCS
FCA

Very strong teams
Tier 3:
Express
Laxachusetts
Tomahawks
Hawks
Leading edge
Rising sons
Sweet lax upstate
Only 77 days until the games begin. It will be interesting to see what teams play the NLF event at Boy's Latin School Nov 6. WCS doesn't look to come east until Nov 19 and 20 in Long Island. Outside of the NLF members and affiliate's I see Looney's, FCA getting invited.

what teams are part of the NLF?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you look it up instead of wasting everyone's time!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You may be right about the early commits not contributing to varsity but what difference does it make??? they are being recruited based on their relative talent to other class of 20 players and trust me, every kid that has been committed is amongst the best (and most mature physically) in the grade. Who knows if they will still be as talented relatively in four years but for now they are legit. I'm sure some will falloff and other kids will rise but it is what it is right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of these kids go to top 20 National Programs and probably won't make varsity. Put them at a public HS and most would contribute as Freshman.
Bunch of kids are commiting already, when most of them have not even stepped on to a high school field. We will see just exactly how good some of these players are if they could start on varsity for their high school. my bet, not even 1/2 make varsity and those who do wont see a minute of playing time. some may be exceptionally gifted, but for the majority, they wont be so lucky.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly, so for all the haters, many of these kids that have committed play in tough conferences and at really good schools. What makes you think their not going to get a lot better? They don't stop growing their game because they committed. Thats you just trying to make yourself feel better about your own son. I've seen numerous posts on here saying the kids are just ok that committed?? wth are you talking about?Theri all from top 15 2020 teams. Even if every kid on those teams was D1 thats only 300 kids there are 400 more spots. These kids are the best of the best and will continue to get better. They play against the best of the best. College coaches have seen them play against the best in team events and individual events. Mom and Dad stop telling yourself that these kids aren't going to be good college players stop. Its a lie, self preservation.
Some of these kids go to top 20 National Programs and probably won't make varsity. Put them at a public HS and most would contribute as Freshman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that a Crush kid actually ninja quit and went to Express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that a Crush kid actually ninja quit and went to Express?

Wouldn't be the first time. There is usually some turnover on the second lines. And it is perfectly logical to go to another good team in order to get more playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Here is my attempt at grouping

Tier 1:
91 crush

Tier 2:
Looneys
Crabs
WCS
FCA

Very strong teams
Tier 3:
Express
Laxachusetts
Tomahawks
Hawks
Leading edge
Rising sons
Sweet lax upstate

what teams are part of the NLF? Crabs Crush Leading Edge 4HHH LIE Laxchussets and affiliates are WCS Mesa Fresh Edge Canada and Eclipse. So at Boy's Latin 3 possible invite's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does "ninja quit" mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, I wanted to ask the same thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some new faces on Terps this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My superior intellect tells me that he is referring to the fact that the kid snuck away from his former team and joined the new team without telling anyone until it was over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My superior intellect tells me that he is referring to the fact that the kid snuck away from his former team and joined the new team without telling anyone until it was over.

I'd call it the "Irish Goodbye Quit".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ding! Ding! Ding! You win!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some new faces on Terps this year.

At what positions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Igloo anywhere?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best is watching a parent rage quit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best is watching a parent rage quit.

Absolutely! They do everyone a favor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think anyone is questioning the ability of the left attack from crush. if every early recruit was as good as him, people would understand. However, there are some kids that have "committed" that are just not that great. Time will tell, but I would be willing to bet that some of these players not only won't produce in college, some will struggle to be impact players in HS

Agree. He is the real deal but several of the commits are just good players and are either holdbacks, coaches sons or connected somehow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. He is the real deal but several of the commits are just good players and are either holdbacks, coaches sons or connected somehow.

Sorta like the rest of real life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So which 2020 players will be making the biggest impact on their HS teams? Will it be the early commits or the unsung heroes who might still be trying to maintain a normal life where you pick colleges when you are 16/17?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The great thing about the early commits are they will absolutely get to choose when they are 16 or 17.
The players who haven't had the chance to commit may never have the opportunity to choose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The great thing about the early commits are they will absolutely get to choose when they are 16 or 17.
The players who haven't had the chance to commit may never have the opportunity to choose.

Not all early commits will have a choice when they are 16-17. Many will find that others have passed them by. Maybe the verbal will hold, but some will not. A commitment at 14 is not the end. It also isn't nearly the big deal that people pretend it is. Not to say that most of the early commits aren't great now. But these are kids. Some will continue to grow and mature. Some will lose interest. If the kid doesn't embrace the grind, he will never play in college, early commit or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorta like the rest of real life.

Are 2020s attending prospect days yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummmm , '21's are attending now !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Virtually every D1 team has or is having a prospect day for 2020s this fall...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
21s are not attending now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
21 parents's don't be stupid, wait until summer before you attend a prospect day, unless it is specifically for 21's.

To much to loss, and injury is too big a risk. You have 16/17 YO 2019 2018 you will be going up against that have something to prove.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
21 parents's don't be stupid, wait until summer before you attend a prospect day, unless it is specifically for 21's.

To much to loss, and injury is too big a risk. You have 16/17 YO 2019 2018 you will be going up against that have something to prove.

Blaze kids at Michigan getting schooled in clinic, don't belong there, and took away from others who deserved to be there! Silly and pathetic abuse of 91 power. Remember what happened to them in Denver when they played an average 2020 team? Nuff said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. And blame the college coaches for accepting them

Page 2 of 51 1 2 3 4 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard