BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 65 1 2 3 4 64 65
Re: Boys 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Any decent 91 MD players will be back. They are just kicking tires.[/quotNJe]

You mean except for the one's that quit already this summer? Some people just don't want to play for MM. Can't blame them

Whats up with MM?

Nope, not at all, he just acts like a total a hole jerk, full of himself and yells at kids on the other team he is playing if he doesn't like what they are doing. That is totally wrong and not good sportsmanship.

You're trying to stir crap up right? Have you never watched him coach?

Sure have, and I never want to see it again. What a total a hole. Did that stir it up?

MM seems like a good lacrosse guy. I know he destroyed many Breaker teams . But that only effected owner as kids just went to his club he got going in MD. What did MM do beat your team all season?

Nope, not at all, he just acts like a total a hole jerk, full of himself and yells at kids on the other team he is playing if he doesn't like what they are doing. That is totally wrong and not good sportsmanship. Many feel youth lacrosse would be better without him. Plus he is a cry baby.

My son plays for him and he is a solid teacher. Let's face it, sooner or later your precious children are going to have to transition from sugar coated, take your money, daddy ball. Life ain't easy, but you keep looking for that pat on the back for little Johnny. Or better yet, hold him back a year and sit around the dinner table talking about how great he is.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Any decent 91 MD players will be back. They are just kicking tires.[/quotNJe]

You mean except for the one's that quit already this summer? Some people just don't want to play for MM. Can't blame them

Whats up with MM?

Nope, not at all, he just acts like a total a hole jerk, full of himself and yells at kids on the other team he is playing if he doesn't like what they are doing. That is totally wrong and not good sportsmanship.

Sure have, and I never want to see it again. What a total a hole. Did that stir it up?

MM seems like a good lacrosse guy. I know he destroyed many Breaker teams . But that only effected owner as kids just went to his club he got going in MD. What did MM do beat your team all season?

Nope, not at all, he just acts like a total a hole jerk, full of himself and yells at kids on the other team he is playing if he doesn't like what they are doing. That is totally wrong and not good sportsmanship. Many feel youth lacrosse would be better without him. Plus he is a cry baby.

My son plays for him and he is a solid teacher. Let's face it, sooner or later your precious children are going to have to transition from sugar coated, take your money, daddy ball. Life ain't easy, but you keep looking for that pat on the back for little Johnny. Or better yet, hold him back a year and sit around the dinner table talking about how great he is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one said that things need to be sugar coated. My son does not play for a daddy coach. I don't agree with daddy coaches for club at all. But there is a difference between what MM does and what I think should be acceptable for a youth lacrosse coach. Part of his role should be as a mentor and positive male role model. Kids look up to their coaches and should see someone that approaches the game and life in general with class and that treats people they way they would like to be treated. I don't feel that MM meets any of those standards. If you choose to let him to have a hand in shaping your boy, that's your decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
umm...MM is a Daddy coach, however he also happens to be one of the most decorated lacrosse players to ever play. There happens to be several dads coaching whom are very qualified to do so and are great role models and mentors.
Parents need to land there choppers for a few and let there kids experience some adversity. All of the coaches have faults and have made some mistakes. They are learning and working on it just like our kids are. Its pretty simple. Plenty of great talent at this age group wether a holdback or not . Coaching overall is very good on almost every team . Not on MM team but give it a break with bashing of an ALL WORLD PLAYER on every level who has been teaching and coaching u13 for 20 plus years. If he is not for your son then go to one of the other 3 top MD programs with dads coaching this level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
umm...MM is a Daddy coach, however he also happens to be one of the most decorated lacrosse players to ever play. There happens to be several dads coaching whom are very qualified to do so and are great role models and mentors.
Parents need to land there choppers for a few and let there kids experience some adversity. All of the coaches have faults and have made some mistakes. They are learning and working on it just like our kids are. Its pretty simple. Plenty of great talent at this age group wether a holdback or not . Coaching overall is very good on almost every team . Not on MM team but give it a break with bashing of an ALL WORLD PLAYER on every level who has been teaching and coaching u13 for 20 plus years. If he is not for your son then go to one of the other 3 top MD programs with dads coaching this level.

Who cares if he is an all world player or has been coaching for 20 years. He is still a butt head and his actions coaching games sets a real bad example for his players, other teams players and anyone watching. Your description of him, "one of the most decorated lacrosse players" means nothing when someone acts like he does in front of kids. My son would never play for him any there are others that feel the same.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I counted 10 Crab helmets at FCA 2022 tryouts last night.

Wonder if they were from Crabs 2020 or 2021 teams.

Thank you. This comment made me laugh out loud.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly what the post says, Your son won't play for him. Congratulations on continuing to bash someone you have nothing to do with. So what other Daddy coach does your kid play for? this thread is beyond comical and can't wait for your cry baby reply.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares if he is an all world player or has been coaching for 20 years. He is still a butt head and his actions coaching games sets a real bad example for his players, other teams players and anyone watching. Your description of him, "one of the most decorated lacrosse players" means nothing when someone acts like he does in front of kids. My son would never play for him any there are others that feel the same.

Its obvious you don't care ! To reply like that says a lot about you . My guess is qualifications for coaching your kid means nothing since you obviously know more about lacrosse than the Coaches out there. the coaches that take all your winning and crying behind there backs on an anonymous site.
We all here ya!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its obvious you don't care ! To reply like that says a lot about you . My guess is qualifications for coaching your kid means nothing since you obviously know more about lacrosse than the Coaches out there. the coaches that take all your winning and crying behind there backs on an anonymous site.
We all here ya!

Translating for the benefit of the group.

winning = whining
there = their
here = hear

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all here ya!

I believe what that poster was saying is that just because you were a very good/outstanding player does not mean or guarantee you will be a good/outstanding coach.
And really, your reply to that poster says volumes about you. You feel no one can have an opinion if it doesn't agree with yours. That is sad indeed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly what the post says, Your son won't play for him. Congratulations on continuing to bash someone you have nothing to do with. So what other Daddy coach does your kid play for? this thread is beyond comical and can't wait for your cry baby reply.

Wow, you seem to be the cry baby with that reply. MM is too full of himself for my and many others liking. His actions at games are not acceptable and he is always complaining to refs. He needs to coach his team, let the refs do their job and let the other coach do theirs and leave the kids on the other team alone.
Obviously your kid plays for him and you feel you must defend him.
The only thing comical was your above reply. People can have an opinion of someone without their son playing for that individual. You need to get over yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MM is a very good technical coach. He's forgetten more lacrosse (especially offense) knowledge than most coaches have at the youth club level. That being said the question is does he have the tempermant to coach especially a team including his own son. Becoming a great coach is a lot more than having the requisite technical knowledge. Its the ability to manage parents (never easy), young men and officials without succumbing to one's emotions. As I look back at my development as a coach, I was fortunate to have been mentored by head coaches who had great leadership skilss and sideline tempermant. I always (sometimes unsuccessfully) to learn something from every coach I worked with. Does that mean these mentor coaches never had conflicts with parents, players and referees. Heck no, but it means they weren't shrill or immature in their approach to a situation. MM is a great coach who needs to self reflect on his tempermant and improve it just like he did with his game at UZOO. He has a great passion for the game and would be an excellent coach if he worked hard on controlling his emotions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All coaches have issues with refs from time to time. Most of them are just not as dramatic as the 91MD and Diamondback blowups a this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the tryouts are over and even though there was a lot of talk of teams losing or gaining gaining kids, it seems like everyone mostly stayed where they were. Agree?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the tryouts are over and even though there was a lot of talk of teams losing or gaining gaining kids, it seems like everyone mostly stayed where they were. Agree?

No. Not at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. Not at all

What teams lost or gained more than 3 or 4 decent players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try outs are still going on ! Clubs still have more time also to choose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try outs are still going on ! Clubs still have more time also to choose.

The Baltimore clubs are done. The Bethesda clubs still have a week left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca the team to beat now. Added more holdbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs beat FCA in the spring and will beat them this fall too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That will be hard to do if Crabs really lost half their starters and only a handful of new kids showed up at tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That will be hard to do if Crabs really lost half their starters and only a handful of new kids showed up at tryouts.

Crabs didn't lose half their starters. There was a very small number of kids at tryouts however.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is not correct--all Crab core players back, but team did lose some non-starters. Crab team will now be smaller, and the better players will be expected to play more minutes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Team 90+1 had a small turnout like the Crabs. FCA supposedly had a big turnout and API is losing many kids. Where is everyone going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA will be better through additions, Crabs will be better through subtractions....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Team 90+1 had a small turnout like the Crabs. FCA supposedly had a big turnout and API is losing many kids. Where is everyone going?
Hawks maybe

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Hawks do? Gain any? Lose any? I will admit, I was one of people on here last fall disputing how they could go from 4th place to being at the top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA will be better through additions, Crabs will be better through subtractions....

Crabs already rarely used their bench. How are they better through subtraction by giving their starters even fewer breathers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Hawks do? Gain any? Lose any? I will admit, I was one of people on here last fall disputing how they could go from 4th place to being at the top.

Hawks not likely to get any of the kids from north of Baltimore. Maybe Hawks will get a dback or cannon kid or two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks fly kids in from out of state 3 . Have kids from 7 different counties and 13 different school zones. Annapolis Hawks they are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs have a long way to go , they were 5th best last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the teams out there have kids from different schools,counties etc. Its club ball. Rec ball if for kids within their town or county. Teams have not even been announced . Lets not start in on the jealousy and winning about a team your kid did make.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks fly kids in from out of state 3 . Have kids from 7 different counties and 13 different school zones. Annapolis Hawks they are not.

Even with all that, none are from north of Baltimore. Traffic is that bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks not likely to get any of the kids from north of Baltimore. Maybe Hawks will get a dback or cannon kid or two.

if they grab 2 dbacks and a Cannon I guess the Hawks would be better but more importantly those programs would get decimated. Dbacks have been spotted at other tryouts too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever. Starting Dbacks not going anywhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good, all the unemployment the state would have to pay for the coaches out of a job would cause my taxes to shoot up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No starting middies going to Hawks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STOP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No starting middies going to Hawks?

A lot of Hawks players would get cut then😀😀

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has any Rosters been finalized ? Are Coaches finished evaluations? Other sports may have caused kids to miss some try out dates. What teams are set?

Page 2 of 65 1 2 3 4 64 65

Link Copied to Clipboard