BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 92 of 128 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^. Finally someone who spells it out perfectly for everyone! Thanks

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let me apologize to everyone.. Myself include will never get the 30 seconds back that we just wasted reading that gibberish. For the 1000th time no coach gives a rats arse about the age of his new recruit. Period end of story..

You can apologize all you want. Your very thoughtful response says a lot about you!..
Youth lacrosse was not made for college coaches last I checked?
For some reason I thought it was about the boys and girls playing??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of children that go to school with these holdback or more likely prefist children I do think it is not the greatest thing for many of these kids. Many seem more aware being out of place when they were younger, As they got older it didnt seem to matter as much. Maybe they held it in better as they got older?? Years ago it wasnt mentioned..but now many of the prefirst kids hear comments on them being held back, For some reason more people seem aware of it now than before, even tho it has been done for many many years? Maybe due to being more now? Just my observations,,not a professional.

Well no one was mad about it 3 years ago because they still had the teams by age not grade. So the kids did not care if you where older you would be on the older team. But now when you are the 4th attackman and there are 2 pre first kids ahead of you, you tend to want to say something. But as a parent its easier to talk to your son about not starting. You just say its ok son that kid is cheating and will be 19 when he graduates.

You can not call Pre 1 kids holdbacks. They aren't. I doubt ANY parent was thinking back when their son was 5, "Oh hey, maybe we should hold him back for an athletic advantage now." My kid is a Pre 1 kid. My kid was held back because at the adorable, tiny age of 5, he was not speaking yet, he was extremely developmentally delayed with his fine motor skills. When he was 5 and we were told Pre1 for him, my first thought was not AWESOME, my kid will be the biggest going into high school and have an athletic advantage in any sport he plays. No. My first thought was GOD please let me son be ok, please let these developmental issues not be something he will struggle with for the rest of his life. THAT is what was going through our minds. And I am sure other Pre1 kids were held back for the same reason. So PLEASE do NOT group Pre1 boys in with the rest of the boys who are held back PURELY for athletic advantage. My son, 15 as of the end of July, is the second smallest kid on the team. He is one of few on the team who has not hit puberty yet. But you know what, he works his [lacrosse] off to make up for his height, and he starts in a position that relies heavily on size.

If I am wrong, and Pre1 kids are held back that early for athletic advantage, then those parents need to put the crack pipe down. But my guess is most of the Pre1 kids and families went through exactly what we did, and were more worried about the future of their child as a human being than a jock. Stop calling Pre1 kids cheaters.

You have a rational reason for your child being held back from going to 1st grade. And I dont think anyone has anything against what you have done for your childs education. But you must understand that to many your child is in a grade lower than what he should be by the State of Maryland start dates. Even if that is ONE day. While I know many use the term holdbacks as something evil..Your child was heldback from moving on to 1st grade, and many are right calling him a holdback as it pertains to YOUTH lacrosse and State of Md standards.

Also you must realize that your son is getting an advantage that the majority or 99% of children arent getting. He gets to ignore the Sept 1 USl guidelines for age and overnight become the oldest ( or one of the oldest) kids on the team. If going by grade he stills gets this advantage as only a select amount of kids are heldback/prefirst. Why does your son get this advantage when 99% of the children in MD dont get it?? If anyone in Maryland your sons age was allowed to play exactly like your son..than there would be very little animosity about playing down, as anyone could play down that wanted.

While you say your son is small and works his but off, that is exactly how many other children your sons exact age perform now too. But they are going against kids older than them from 1 to 11 months...while your son gets to compete against children he is older than by 1-12 months. Who do you think will start?? Your son or the boy born same month as your son but a year different and younger by a year?? Your son more than likely. Why cant these kids get the same advantage your son gets ??

While your son may have the right reasons for doing prefirst as do others..Please dont kid yourself that many are doing prefirst for getting an advantage.

Hey idiot, any kid can do a pre-first year...soooo, the advantage is open to anyone. This isn't a new concept but some can't seem to accept that it happens. My son didn't do a pre-first, is on grade and was able to compete at any level despite being undersized. Stop with the advantages, cheating or what every you want to call it. Work hard, focus on what you can control and hopefully good things happen.

Idiot?? I think your statement is more in line with that phrase.
Your statement says it all. Any kid can do prefisrt do get an advantage? That is false. The public schools have no such grade. Only the Private schools have this made up grade.
You either go on to 1st grade from Kindergarten or you stay back and learn the same thing again in the Publics. Most people dont want their child learning the exact same thing again in the same class. Prefirst students in Private Schools actually continue on with kindergarten and learn new things in a new class. Most,Not all Private school kids going into 1st grade after prefirst are ahead of the others who went straight from Kindergarten to 1st grade.

And as usual you apologists for playing down miss the whole concept of YOUTH lacrosse. And especially the apologists who have Superman sons like you! LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me apologize to everyone.. Myself include will never get the 30 seconds back that we just wasted reading that gibberish. For the 1000th time no coach gives a rats arse about the age of his new recruit. Period end of story..

You can apologize all you want. Your very thoughtful response says a lot about you!..

It is about the boys and girls playing, but your angst is being directed in the wrong place. So, say pre 1st kid has a bday of 7/28/01 and kid B has a bday of 9/2/01. Technically, pre 1st kid should be playing 2019, but is and always has been in the class of 2020. They are less than 5 weeks apart. Kid B who has been in class of 2020 since 1st grade decides in 7th grade to "holdback". So now kid B who is less than a month younger than pre 1st kid is playing 2021. But you want the pre 1st kid to play 2019 and group him in with the Kid B who is playing with kids 2 years younger at 2021? Its NOT the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of children that go to school with these holdback or more likely prefist children I do think it is not the greatest thing for many of these kids. Many seem more aware being out of place when they were younger, As they got older it didnt seem to matter as much. Maybe they held it in better as they got older?? Years ago it wasnt mentioned..but now many of the prefirst kids hear comments on them being held back, For some reason more people seem aware of it now than before, even tho it has been done for many many years? Maybe due to being more now? Just my observations,,not a professional.

Well no one was mad about it 3 years ago because they still had the teams by age not grade. So the kids did not care if you where older you would be on the older team. But now when you are the 4th attackman and there are 2 pre first kids ahead of you, you tend to want to say something. But as a parent its easier to talk to your son about not starting. You just say its ok son that kid is cheating and will be 19 when he graduates.

You can not call Pre 1 kids holdbacks. They aren't. I doubt ANY parent was thinking back when their son was 5, "Oh hey, maybe we should hold him back for an athletic advantage now." My kid is a Pre 1 kid. My kid was held back because at the adorable, tiny age of 5, he was not speaking yet, he was extremely developmentally delayed with his fine motor skills. When he was 5 and we were told Pre1 for him, my first thought was not AWESOME, my kid will be the biggest going into high school and have an athletic advantage in any sport he plays. No. My first thought was GOD please let me son be ok, please let these developmental issues not be something he will struggle with for the rest of his life. THAT is what was going through our minds. And I am sure other Pre1 kids were held back for the same reason. So PLEASE do NOT group Pre1 boys in with the rest of the boys who are held back PURELY for athletic advantage. My son, 15 as of the end of July, is the second smallest kid on the team. He is one of few on the team who has not hit puberty yet. But you know what, he works his [lacrosse] off to make up for his height, and he starts in a position that relies heavily on size.

If I am wrong, and Pre1 kids are held back that early for athletic advantage, then those parents need to put the crack pipe down. But my guess is most of the Pre1 kids and families went through exactly what we did, and were more worried about the future of their child as a human being than a jock. Stop calling Pre1 kids cheaters.

You have a rational reason for your child being held back from going to 1st grade. And I dont think anyone has anything against what you have done for your childs education. But you must understand that to many your child is in a grade lower than what he should be by the State of Maryland start dates. Even if that is ONE day. While I know many use the term holdbacks as something evil..Your child was heldback from moving on to 1st grade, and many are right calling him a holdback as it pertains to YOUTH lacrosse and State of Md standards.

Also you must realize that your son is getting an advantage that the majority or 99% of children arent getting. He gets to ignore the Sept 1 USl guidelines for age and overnight become the oldest ( or one of the oldest) kids on the team. If going by grade he stills gets this advantage as only a select amount of kids are heldback/prefirst. Why does your son get this advantage when 99% of the children in MD dont get it?? If anyone in Maryland your sons age was allowed to play exactly like your son..than there would be very little animosity about playing down, as anyone could play down that wanted.

While you say your son is small and works his but off, that is exactly how many other children your sons exact age perform now too. But they are going against kids older than them from 1 to 11 months...while your son gets to compete against children he is older than by 1-12 months. Who do you think will start?? Your son or the boy born same month as your son but a year different and younger by a year?? Your son more than likely. Why cant these kids get the same advantage your son gets ??

While your son may have the right reasons for doing prefirst as do others..Please dont kid yourself that many are doing prefirst for getting an advantage.

Hey idiot, any kid can do a pre-first year...soooo, the advantage is open to anyone. This isn't a new concept but some can't seem to accept that it happens. My son didn't do a pre-first, is on grade and was able to compete at any level despite being undersized. Stop with the advantages, cheating or what every you want to call it. Work hard, focus on what you can control and hopefully good things happen.

Idiot?? I think your statement is more in line with that phrase.
Your statement says it all. Any kid can do prefisrt do get an advantage? That is false. The public schools have no such grade. Only the Private schools have this made up grade.
You either go on to 1st grade from Kindergarten or you stay back and learn the same thing again in the Publics. Most people dont want their child learning the exact same thing again in the same class. Prefirst students in Private Schools actually continue on with kindergarten and learn new things in a new class. Most,Not all Private school kids going into 1st grade after prefirst are ahead of the others who went straight from Kindergarten to 1st grade.

And as usual you apologists for playing down miss the whole concept of YOUTH lacrosse. And especially the apologists who have Superman sons like you! LOL

A child can do a pre-first year and then go on to public school, can't they?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is about the boys and girls playing, but your angst is being directed in the wrong place. So, say pre 1st kid has a bday of 7/28/01 and kid B has a bday of 9/2/01. Technically, pre 1st kid should be playing 2019, but is and always has been in the class of 2020. They are less than 5 weeks apart. Kid B who has been in class of 2020 since 1st grade decides in 7th grade to "holdback". So now kid B who is less than a month younger than pre 1st kid is playing 2021. But you want the pre 1st kid to play 2019 and group him in with the Kid B who is playing with kids 2 years younger at 2021? Its NOT the same.

Actually your reasoning is why most youth sports are based on age. And the exact reason we need age base in Lacrosse.

You are using TWO kids that were held back as your examples.
If they played in a age base league the most any kid would be is at the Minimum one day or MAXIMUM one year younger than EVERY SINGLE PLAYER. Both your players can be held back ten times and it wouldnt matter..They play with their age.

Even in your example, the MAJORITY of players are not heldback or prefirst. So the majority of players will suffer as you say the 7/28 kid does in a grade base league. Only one that wont suffer in a grade base league are the Holdbacks,,as they can be anywhere from MINIMUM one day to maximum 2 years older than the MAJORITY of players if they were held back just ONE year.

But we all know in age base league that their are kids at each end of spectrum. But add grade base and you still have the majority of players at each end of spectrum PLUS a bunch of holdbacks/prefirsts even OLDER ... How the heck is that fair in YOUTH Sports????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To sum up the last 100 posts to this forum:

The Crabs have more holdbacks than other clubs and we don't think it's fair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You continue to forget that NOBODY that matters gives a sh*t about making changes.. We all agree early recruiting is not a good thing but that's a separate issue. The top 8-10 club teams are thoroughly enjoying the ultra competitive environment that currently exist.....as is!! Team 88+3 for years had to play up to get any competition. Now things have settled in so that can play four or five difference 2020 teams that will give them a game..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You continue to forget that NOBODY that matters gives a sh*t about making changes.. We all agree early recruiting is not a good thing but that's a separate issue. The top 8-10 club teams are thoroughly enjoying the ultra competitive environment that currently exist.....as is!! Team 88+3 for years had to play up to get any competition. Now things have settled in so that can play four or five difference 2020 teams that will give them a game..

Doesnt say much about Maryland Lacrosse..MD has to have holdbacks just to compete with LI teams which are even younger than our age based teams??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha. One LI team. The rest are very avg.. Sorry "Joebaggadonutz"

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
35 2020 D1 commitments and some very good teams have 0. Denver included. Shows that most D1 coaches don't believe in early recruiting. As an earlier poster stated...the majority of these 8th grade commits will "decommit" by signing day. Just a strategy that some coaches use. And Clubs are going to keep raking in the money from the rich lax kids parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To sum up the last 100 posts to this forum:

The Crabs have more holdbacks than other clubs and we don't think it's fair.

Yea and the last thing we want is a level playing field in youth lacrosse..That just doesnt work for the Crabs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are a joke. Older kids playing against younger kids - it's the Crab way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are a joke. Older kids playing against younger kids - it's the Crab way.

Did you just crawl out from under a rock?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
35 2020 D1 commitments and some very good teams have 0. Denver included. Shows that most D1 coaches don't believe in early recruiting. As an earlier poster stated...the majority of these 8th grade commits will "decommit" by signing day. Just a strategy that some coaches use. And Clubs are going to keep raking in the money from the rich lax kids parents.

While I dont disagree with your general point, look at 2019 - a whole host of places you wouldnt necessarily expect have recruits (Navy, Vermont, Hobart, etc)
And BTW, Denver has 8 2019s so they are as in this as anyone. It is what it is. Clubs keep getting richer, coaches take bigger rosters (recruit lists) and thee will be more decommitts.

To me the interesting bets are the ones coaches make from the same club team with early commits - UNC bets on two MD teams for 2019, 88+3 will be sending many of their 2019s to the same place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What were the turn out #'s like for the 21's today? Any new talent show up?

*please save the sarcasm and worn out punchlines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess the question is, why do you care if you weren't there. There were over 50 kids there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well. It's a lacrosse forum and I asked a lacrosse question. In a respectful manner I may add. Why I asked is really not relevant nor something I need to explain to you. Did I offend you by asking? The world must be a difficult place for such a tender sole. But thank you for answering such a complex question. Laughing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess the question is, why do you care if you weren't there. There were over 50 kids there.

And I would bet most of them are holdbacks, repeating the 8th grade, were on the 2020 team this spring. Just the way it rolls with the Crabs organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im convinced the holdback comments are created and posted by "bots" .. Way to pathetic and consistent for it to be a just an envious parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im convinced the holdback comments are created and posted by "bots" .. Way to pathetic and consistent for it to be a just an envious parent.

Doubt it. The only really pathetic thing is the Crabs program, how it operates and how the parents/fans of Crabs feel they are superior, which everyone knows they aren't.
If for one minute you think other parents are envious of Crabs, you are really dreaming and clearly misinformed. So, see, I do not think this response would be a "bot". Also don't think the response is coming from Ryan M either. Lastly, it is "too pathetic" not "to pathetic". See, a bot couldn't do that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt it. The only really pathetic thing is the Crabs program, how it operates and how the parents/fans of Crabs feel they are superior, which everyone knows they aren't.
If for one minute you think other parents are envious of Crabs, you are really dreaming and clearly misinformed. So, see, I do not think this response would be a "bot". Also don't think the response is coming from Ryan M either. Lastly, it is "too pathetic" not "to pathetic". See, a bot couldn't do that.

What really is surprising and sad is the families who say they would NEVER go to the organization and then throw away all their morals and priorities about what is right and allow their child to be part of such an organization. The excuse of "it is what the kid wants" is so shallow - you are the adult and you are paying $ for an experience you trashed for years as against what your family belief system is. All for a sport?!? Same goes for the holdback parents who flipped on the issue when confronted with a a choice that their son needed to play younger kids to look better. Sad state of affairs of a commentary on their integrity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What really is surprising and sad is the families who say they would NEVER go to the organization and then throw away all their morals and priorities about what is right and allow their child to be part of such an organization. The excuse of "it is what the kid wants" is so shallow - you are the adult and you are paying $ for an experience you trashed for years as against what your family belief system is. All for a sport?!? Same goes for the holdback parents who flipped on the issue when confronted with a a choice that their son needed to play younger kids to look better. Sad state of affairs of a commentary on their integrity.

They are playing lacrosse. Not leaving the country to join ISIS. Yeesh. Going against your family belief system? How about the kids play where they want because they have fun. God forbid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just heard the Crabs are adding a 2nd team for 2021. True?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What real parent would be envious of a family that lets their kid play for the crabs? Everyone involved with competitive youth lacrosse knows what a complete arse their owner is as well as his holdback scheme. Age based classification with put an end to the Crabs perceived dominance. House of cards...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The moral outrage here is laughable. If one is going to rail against the Crabs for holdbacks, rail against almost every club team out there.

The "age based classification with [sic] put and end ot the Crabs perceived dominance" line is funny. Crabs had incredible teams back with everything in youth ball was age based. Nice try.

Instead of complaining about grade based teams (which no college coach has a problem with), tell your son to work on the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What real parent would be envious of a family that lets their kid play for the crabs? Everyone involved with competitive youth lacrosse knows what a complete arse their owner is as well as his holdback scheme. Age based classification with put an end to the Crabs perceived dominance. House of cards...

Who said anything about being envious? No one cares. No parent should have anything to say really, because I guarantee that if you are in MD, there are holdback kids on your kid's team.

Age based lacrosse is a thing of the past and never coming back. Regardless of what USL tries to tell you and no matter how much the coaches pretend to want to change early recruiting. It's not happening.

Is your kid 8 and your new to club lacrosse or are you ignoring the fact that Crabs was actually more successful when things were age based?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs WERE successful when there were virtually no other elite club programs. Sears, Blockbuster and AOL were great too. How about fielding a team that doesn't have 16 year olds on an 8th grade team. Complete sham.

Crabs are a dying breed. See the number Crabs players at FCA tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs WERE successful when there were virtually no other elite club programs. Sears, Blockbuster and AOL were great too. How about fielding a team that doesn't have 16 year olds on an 8th grade team. Complete sham.

See the number of FCA kids at Crabs tryouts? I thought FCA was a Christion organization? You may want to practice what you preach....Sinner...Stop spreading these dumb stories...Try supporting our sport instead of trying beat down other programs...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's whys so many of you talk about Crabs on this Forum...Yeah... That Club is not going anywhere [lacrosse]...Actually getting stronger and better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to tryouts and leaving Crabs are two different things. Maybe they were at FCA as insurance in case they get cut by Crabs. Certain there were more FCA helmets at Crabs tryouts than the other way around. Seemed like half the team was at Crabs 2021 tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You forgot older and fatter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both teams are full of reclassed kids. Who cares? They can all practice their parallel parking in the middle school parking lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to tryouts and leaving Crabs are two different things. Maybe they were at FCA as insurance in case they get cut by Crabs. Certain there were more FCA helmets at Crabs tryouts than the other way around. Seemed like half the team was at Crabs 2021 tryouts.

The fca 2021 team is definitely not the strongest team so yes that is probably true and It is reverse for the 2020 teams. There are Multiple crabs 2020 kids moving to the FCA 2020 team and that's not just a rumor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See the number of FCA kids at Crabs tryouts? I thought FCA was a Christion organization? You may want to practice what you preach....Sinner...Stop spreading these dumb stories...Try supporting our sport instead of trying beat down other programs...

What is a "christion organization"? Do you mean Christian? Plus, there are many many people that support youth lacrosse, it is just that no one, other than the Crab organization and their fake supporters, that would support Crabs. They deserve a beat down every chance their name appears. Now that is the Christian way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are playing lacrosse. Not leaving the country to join ISIS. Yeesh. Going against your family belief system? How about the kids play where they want because they have fun. God forbid.

How can it be fun when many of the players and parents know they are cheating and gaming the system by re classing??? Oh, I know, fat crab daddy said it is ok and the right thing to do. Now that is disgusting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who said anything about being envious? No one cares. No parent should have anything to say really, because I guarantee that if you are in MD, there are holdback kids on your kid's team.

Age based lacrosse is a thing of the past and never coming back. Regardless of what USL tries to tell you and no matter how much the coaches pretend to want to change early recruiting. It's not happening.

Is your kid 8 and your new to club lacrosse or are you ignoring the fact that Crabs was actually more successful when things were age based?

We will see about the age never coming back to youth lacrosse. If NCAA changes recruiting to Jr HS next year. Who will care about 16 year or even more likely 15 year old children beating up on 14 year old children. No reason as there will be ZERO recruiting going on in children heading to 9th grade.

The 9th thru 12 HS teams will be a better place to recuit. By that time many kids have hit puberty. Still some advantage to being older but no where like when children were prepuberty..

Now Crabs and maybe a couple more will want it to stay as will the Holdback parents.Hopefully the rest of parents in Maryland wont . LI will be age like always..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can it be fun when many of the players and parents know they are cheating and gaming the system by re classing??? Oh, I know, fat crab daddy said it is ok and the right thing to do. Now that is disgusting.

Because none of the kids give a crap if the kids on the other team are 8 months older than they are. Only loser parents like the one's on here do. The kids play and have fun. When the game is over they talk crap to each other in fun and go back to being friends. It's the adults that ruin the sport and make a big deal of it. My on age son didn't like losing to Crabs so he worked hard and joined them. His choice. He loves his teammates. They are his friends and many are his classmates. Isn't that what youth sport is about? Not winning a stupid t-shirt or medal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We will see about the age never coming back to youth lacrosse. If NCAA changes recruiting to Jr HS next year. Who will care about 16 year or even more likely 15 year old children beating up on 14 year old children. No reason as there will be ZERO recruiting going on in children heading to 9th grade.

The 9th thru 12 HS teams will be a better place to recuit. By that time many kids have hit puberty. Still some advantage to being older but no where like when children were prepuberty..

Now Crabs and maybe a couple more will want it to stay as will the Holdback parents.Hopefully the rest of parents in Maryland wont . LI will be age like always..

I can assure you that the recruiting rules aren't changing. It's all lip service.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"LI will be age like always.."

[/quote]

Actually it was LI that brought grade based teams to youth lacrosse. ALL Md and Va clubs (including Crabs) were age based until about 2012 when LI teams like came to rec tournaments like lax splash with grade based clubs teams and destroyed everyone. Also all tournaments in md were age. I realize that those team were of proper age but it opened the door for the club directors here to change to grade. Then the club leagues went grade as did the tournaments. The only way to reverse this is for NY teams to go back to age. Then only play in tournaments that go by age. Because there are so many more LI teams that travel to PA and MD for tournaments the tournament directors would change to age in a heart beat if they lost that business. Grade hurts NY teams because of the dec school cutoff. Not sure why they started doing this.

Like Reply Quote
Page 92 of 128 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard