BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Tryouts
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking my 2020 to the Bluefish tryouts this year. I like the coaching in this group and the practice location. Also like what i am hearing from parents who played last year, and yes they start out with we struggled, but everyone i know who played for them last year is returning for tryouts - i think thats a good sign.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as you are not serious about lacrosse and your kid just wants to continue playing somewhere in the summer I think Bluefish is a great option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where does a serious 2024 go to play lacrosse? I am very serious about him playing serious game of lacrosse with other serious kids with serious parents. I would like to take all the fun out of playing a game and give him a serious lesson on how hard the real world is because in all seriousness at 10 years old he needs to get more serious. I am serious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are seriously a [lacrosse].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol. your crazy man. I don't think Blue Fish is out there trying to win the Dicks National championship... they have it in persepctive and its an outlet for your kid to player summer lax. its not cut throat 3-4 day a week practice and only the stars play. If your son is one of those studs there are teams and programs out there for you 9t1, exprass etc.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can tell you from experience that 365lax is not the way to go. Total waste of time. Everyone on the team had an awful experience this past year. Nothing like seeing you sons team get beat down game after game, tourney after tourney. Coaches showing up 10-15 min before the tourney is supposed to start. No info about schedules, practices, games, etc until parents starting emailing about what was going on. If all that, and more, sounds good, then 365lax is for you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Ranger12
New at this..looking for opinions on 2024 Express, Igloo, and Outlaws? How long does a team take to let you know if your son makes the team?

LI Bluefish is a great organization, new, no BS, 2 coaches, you know exactly what you get from day $$ from day 1.
365Lax, another straight shooting organization.

Most of the rest have too much BS and ask $$ than what you get. Can't really speak towards the clubs that are suffolk run but in nassau, i would stay away from all but the 2 mentioned above.

I hear a lot of talk about Recon lately and when we played at Shootout for Soldiers, it seemed like one of their teams was always playing. I spoke to one of the parents and them seem to like it. They seem to offer more than just lacrosse. Anyone else have some feedback.

Thanks

Father of a Recon 2023 player. I was happy. A few people said they would like to see more practices but I was good with what they did. The winter crossfit indoor training was fun for my kid. The kids got along well, no parent drama, they played great. He will be at this Saturdays tryouts. Good luck

How many times a week leadinf up to season season and then inseason did they do that you were good with? How many kids were on the team? Did they have any specialized training? Anything you wish they did better? Did he play in any other club teams before this or was it your sons first time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91...not a very well run program for girls?...any opinion?...

Don't do it! No talent, although some coaches are good. You won't get anywhere.

what age group are you talking about ?

All, name one quality tournament they have made it to the finals in?

We have done our research and spoke with a lot of coaches in the Nassau area. We are very impressed with the attitude and philosphy of the girls coaches at Team 91 and willing to give them a try with our 2025 daughter. We want her to have fun and be well-coached. Iexcellent organizations out there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We have done our research and spoke with a lot of coaches in the Nassau area. We are very impressed with the attitude and philosphy of the girls coaches at Team 91 and willing to give them a try with our 2025 daughter. We want her to have fun and be well-coached. Iexcellent organizations out there

Good luck, but bet you'll leave like we did. Loved our coach, talent was not there, and no quality tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck, but bet you'll leave like we did. Loved our coach, talent was not there, and no quality tournaments.

May I ask where your daughter went?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the numbers at the Wolfpack tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon Lacrosse - class act organization. Look up Harry Jacobs - He is the epitome of Lacrosse. Good guys, good coaches. They will do the right thing for your kid. My son played with them and was recruited. He received a lot of inquiries from coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The heat index will cause issues for some tryouts this weekend. The town and county shut down the fields when it's above a certain level. Some tryouts will be postponed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The heat index will cause issues for some tryouts this weekend. The town and county shut down the fields when it's above a certain level. Some tryouts will be postponed.

Town fields were closed at noon today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Outlaws shut down their tryouts tomorrow?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As of right now no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering true blue tomorrow for 2025. I know they had a team last year. Anyone know of team is set or of spots are open?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering true blue tomorrow for 2025. I know they had a team last year. Anyone know of team is set or of spots are open?

Spots are open.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spots are open.

Good to know 4th grade still has oppotunity for movement.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the turnout like at the various tryouts on LI this past week?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess TLI is the pipeline to Marist as TB is the pipeline to Adelphi.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws Had 80 Plus at Most ages

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the Outlaw 2023 tryout ? If you missed the first one can you still go to the ones upcoming?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes teams aren't set after just one tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess TLI is the pipeline to Marist as TB is the pipeline to Adelphi.

Yea, son a coach there? Seems weird. Director also claiming his player got an Athletic Scholarship to West Point. Does he not know that acadamys don't offer Athletic Scholarships? And Marist gives no money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Marist is fully funded has full athletic and academic scholarships

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That must be pretty recent development because a few years ago they gave the lowest average scholarship monetarily in D-1 men's lax. According to a NCAA report, it was $4537. I think it was for 2013 or 2014. State school Albany was $ 8514.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Bluefish had a big turnout....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the Outlaw 2023 tryout ? If you missed the first one can you still go to the ones upcoming?

Go to 2 me tryout. A lot of kids were on vacation 1st tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That must be pretty recent development because a few years ago they gave the lowest average scholarship monetarily in D-1 men's lax. According to a NCAA report, it was $4537. I think it was for 2013 or 2014. State school Albany was $ 8514.

thats woul dbe an interesting site to review, which schools give what

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents are getting tired of the big club BS. They just want their kids to play and enjoy the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon Lacrosse - class act organization. Look up Harry Jacobs - He is the epitome of Lacrosse. Good guys, good coaches. They will do the right thing for your kid. My son played with them and was recruited. He received a lot of inquiries from coaches.

Harry's a great guy and that is true, however, he doesn't coach anymore. Just name attached to the organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
60+ players on one team??? any truth to this? wth!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many is a big turnout?

Parents are getting tired of the big club BS. They just want their kids to play and enjoy the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Marist is still not fully funded. Your wrong buddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the tuition/ hidden costs of playing for Recon?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What is the tuition/ hidden costs of playing for Recon?

Why can't you ask them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on Recon 2023 and yes Harry might not coach anymore but he's much more then a name attached to the organization. I have seen him attend practices, tournaments, and winter workouts and constantly communicating info via email.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what team are you talking about 60+ players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Marist and the members of the MAAC have entered into an agreement to grow the MAAC. It dealt with the number of scholarships, coaches salaries, Full time assistants and the minimum salaries for them. It has been slowly integrated over the last few years. That is why the level of play in the MAAC has risen and why the MAAC has won the play in game the last two seasons. Times they are a changing.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard