BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 44 1 2 3 4 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agree. Several top TLC girls headed to M&D and Heros

No girl on TLC is making M&D. Sorry

The best 2 or 3 girls from Diamonds, C2 and TLC will make and will positively impact M&D and Hero's.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes - check the NGLL Spring league results If still available. I recall witnessing some close games, ties and yes even wins by C2 Black teams against the top clubs (particularly their younger teams) My point is they compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes - check the NGLL Spring league results If still available. I recall witnessing some close games, ties and yes even wins by C2 Black teams against the top clubs (particularly their younger teams) My point is they compete.

Come on now. C2 lost to Heros 15-4 and to Skywalkers 13-4 and didn't play M&D. They also lost to MD United 10-4.

Again. C2 hasn't competed with the top teams. M&D, Skywalkers and Heros are the top teams at this age. Beating Diamonds and Renegades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. Several top TLC girls headed to M&D and Heros

No girl on TLC is making M&D. Sorry

The best 2 or 3 girls from Diamonds, C2 and TLC will make and will positively impact M&D and Hero's.

The best 2 or 3 girls from TLC are not leaving TLC. Some of the girls on TLC are there because they were cut by M&D and Heros.

I can guarantee you that no one from Diamonds or C2 will take anyone's spot on Heros or M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My bad thought you were referring to the C2 club as a whole. Agree, their 2021 Black team was not very good against top teams. Although, looks like they defeated TLC Red and tied NEMS to make the playoffs. They would have been blown out by M&D.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sure they didn't take off more than the top of your head like a piece of your brain .
2020 Beat M&D multiple times and proved that they and the previously named team are the two best in country
2021 if they had an actual coach show up they would be better but agreed not as good
2022& 2023 too young to tell but I believe once they are out of pull ups will be just fine
[/quote]

That just sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. YJ 2020 may have beaten M&D this summer, but there is no question as to who got the better of the matchup this year.

You're right, 2021 is not close right now.

Make whatever excuses you want, but YJ 2022 or 2023 is not competitive against MD teams right now.

The original question was which top YJ team cannot win in MD. I believe the answer is most of them. [/quote]

So why are the younger (2021-down) unable to beat MD teams? Will this trend continue and do any othe LI based programs have a shot to take over the throne? I can't believe the gap is pure talent so are the top teams not made up,of the best girls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I'm not mistaken, 3 girls from MD United made M&D last fall, one who played on the MDU B team. No outsiders are ever good enough to make the team, huh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are Maryland teams overall better than LI teams? Coaching? Talent? experience? Love of the game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I'm not mistaken, 3 girls from MD United made M&D last fall, one who played on the MDU B team. No outsiders are ever good enough to make the team, huh?

You're right. They did. We aren't talking about last year though are we? We'll see what happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you had to choose between M&D and YJ for your daughter. Which team would you choose?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why are Maryland teams overall better than LI teams? Coaching? Talent? experience? Love of the game? [/quote

They are bigger faster and taller. But NOT older!! They aren't. MD parents swear they are all young for their class. It is just a coincidence! They aren't older. Repeat - they are NOT older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you had to choose between M&D and YJ for your daughter. Which team would you choose?

Don't forget to set the hook when you get a real nibble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why are Maryland teams overall better than LI teams? Coaching? Talent? experience? Love of the game? [/quote

They are bigger faster and taller. But NOT older!! They aren't. MD parents swear they are all young for their class. It is just a coincidence! They aren't older. Repeat - they are NOT older.

You're right. They aren't older. Thanks for pointing that out.

Maybe you should realize how poorly coached the LI teams are in general. The plan of 2 athletic girls going to goal over and over just doesn't work anymore. The MD teams practice defense enough to stop this. The MD teams move the ball and play as a team. Instead of coming up with fabricated excuses of older girls, maybe you guys should look in the mirror in terms of who you let coach your daughters and whether they are getting better or if they are standing around watching a couple "superstars" dominate the ball on your "Elite" team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen a lot of discussion here about MD girls being older? I'm not sure I understand the anger? Most Maryland schools have an August 31 cut off. If you turn 6 after August 31, you have to wait until the following year to start kindergarten. I know a lot of private schools don't follow the August 31st deadline. They accept applicants to boost attendance numbers and then have the girls do a pre-first year to catch socially and academically.

from reading the forum seems like M&D is the standard by which all clubs should be modeled after.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right. They aren't older. Thanks for pointing that out.

Maybe you should realize how poorly coached the LI teams are in general. The plan of 2 athletic girls going to goal over and over just doesn't work anymore. The MD teams practice defense enough to stop this. The MD teams move the ball and play as a team. Instead of coming up with fabricated excuses of older girls, maybe you guys should look in the mirror in terms of who you let coach your daughters and whether they are getting better or if they are standing around watching a couple "superstars" dominate the ball on your "Elite" team.

I think you are pretty close but would add club politics that keep players on top teams that don't necessarily belong there. This has clearly driven better players to other programs which is why you have one better than average top team on LI and a bunch of other good teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty much dead even, the two top clubs. If you live in MD you go with M&D, if you live in LI you go YJ. Once you drop to second team, all bets are off but YJ def more depth prob because more quality second options in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty much dead even, the two top clubs. If you live in MD you go with M&D, if you live in LI you go YJ. Once you drop to second team, all bets are off but YJ def more depth prob because more quality second options in MD.

All things being even a coach who invests 2 nights a week practicing will always have steam that outperforms a team who has a coach who makes only half the practices and has never made 50% of tournaments in 3 years. M&D has a Mommy coach who cares about teaching her team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the best coached teams in this grade on LI? Don't give me best teams we already know who they are. I am talking about a coach that is a difference maker. Don't give me some superstar player who just started coaching either! One has nothing to do with the other. I know DK coaches his elevate team at this age. He seems like a good coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All things being even a coach who invests 2 nights a week practicing will always have steam that outperforms a team who has a coach who makes only half the practices and has never made 50% of tournaments in 3 years. M&D has a Mommy coach who cares about teaching her team.

She invests a lot more than 2 nights a week. From off season workouts to private workouts on other days of the week. There is a reason they are so good and it starts with her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. She has not developed that team. She may indeed be a quality coach that devotes a lot of time and teaching to the team. The team MVP, the biggest difference maker is whoever actively recruits these girls from other programs. The goalie from MD United is a stud and the huge middie came from Redshirts. You can't tell me the rest of the girls are really good because they were developed by the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who are the best coached teams in this grade on LI? Don't give me best teams we already know who they are. I am talking about a coach that is a difference maker. Don't give me some superstar player who just started coaching either! One has nothing to do with the other. I know DK coaches his elevate team at this age. He seems like a good coach

Not TG the coaches go back to college and you'll see them sometime next summer. Comical

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. She has not developed that team. She may indeed be a quality coach that devotes a lot of time and teaching to the team. The team MVP, the biggest difference maker is whoever actively recruits these girls from other programs. The goalie from MD United is a stud and the huge middie came from Redshirts. You can't tell me the rest of the girls are really good because they were developed by the coach.

Seriously? Yeah, they lost 1 game the year before the goalie and the girl from Redshirts came over. They sure were struggling. No one actively recruits the girls. The parents saw how well coached the team was and moved their girls. You are kidding yourself if you think she hasn't developed this team. Either that or you've never watched them play. Yes they have a bunch of great individual players. But they don't play as individuals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen a lot of discussion here about MD girls being older? I'm not sure I understand the anger? Most Maryland schools have an August 31 cut off. If you turn 6 after August 31, you have to wait until the following year to start kindergarten. I know a lot of private schools don't follow the August 31st deadline. They accept applicants to boost attendance numbers and then have the girls do a pre-first year to catch socially and academically.

from reading the forum seems like M&D is the standard by which all clubs should be modeled after.

So Maryland girls are older. My daughter was born in October and started kindergarten at the age of four.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So Maryland girls are older. My daughter was born in October and started kindergarten at the age of four.

I just Googled the requirements. It's easy, look it up yourselves. A child must be 6 years old by September 1st to start first grade. I think the poster above meant you have to be 6 years old by September 1st to start 1st grade, not kindergarten. This confirms what has been said on here at 1,000,000 times...the MD girls are not older, unless you believe everything your club director tells you after another loss to a MD team. Now, move along.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just Googled the requirements. It's easy, look it up yourselves. A child must be 6 years old by September 1st to start first grade. I think the poster above meant you have to be 6 years old by September 1st to start 1st grade, not kindergarten. This confirms what has been said on here at 1,000,000 times...the MD girls are not older, unless you believe everything your club director tells you after another loss to a MD team. Now, move along.

Actually it just proves that you have a learning problem . Are you actually this stupid or just very dense. First the MD cutoff of sept 1 will in fact make the MD teams on average older than the cut off dates used on long island. If a kid is born in sept, oct, november of 1998 they would be entering college if born on Long island if those same kids were born in MD they would be entering their high school senior year. The cut off date does not account for holdbacks either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually it just proves that you have a learning problem . Are you actually this stupid or just very dense. First the MD cutoff of sept 1 will in fact make the MD teams on average older than the cut off dates used on long island. If a kid is born in sept, oct, november of 1998 they would be entering college if born on Long island if those same kids were born in MD they would be entering their high school senior year. The cut off date does not account for holdbacks either.

So Mr [lacrosse], here's a suggestion. If it bothers your junk that much to constantly lose to MD teams because you have this unfounded idea that the reason for the loss is that the MD girls are older, have your school system change their age requirement date to match the standard-setter...Maryland. 2nd place should always follow what 1st place does. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So, [lacrosse]...flatter us. Now, go back to massaging CR's feet with that nice, hot oil you know she likes. Loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So Mr [lacrosse], here's a suggestion. If it bothers your junk that much to constantly lose to MD teams because you have this unfounded idea that the reason for the loss is that the MD girls are older, have your school system change their age requirement date to match the standard-setter...Maryland. 2nd place should always follow what 1st place does. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So, [lacrosse]...flatter us. Now, go back to massaging CR's feet with that nice, hot oil you know she likes. Loser.

Yeah MD the real standard -setter , for what rioting. Hilarious that you are proven to be a moron because you can't understand the concept of different age cut offs so you switch your argument to we should copy what you bunch of illiterate morons do . The only time my junk gets bothered is when your backwoods , toothless wife keeps hitting on me .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Islander here and this whole age based argument seems like a smoke screen to the real issue that YJ needs to do a better job of recruiting and developing the bigger, stronger and faster girls. I guarantee LI has the right mix of players that can go toe to toe with the MD girls. There's no doubt in my mind CR could put together the best team in any age group that could easily hang with all MD teams but the real question is has YJ become too much of a political machine and more concerned with you scratch my back I will scratch yours?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what kind of requirements are bigger stronger faster?? how about skilled !!! good lax IQ !! field vision !! You sound like most of the start up girls from boys programs ...girls lax and boys lax are two different games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Islander here and this whole age based argument seems like a smoke screen to the real issue that YJ needs to do a better job of recruiting and developing the bigger, stronger and faster girls. I guarantee LI has the right mix of players that can go toe to toe with the MD girls. There's no doubt in my mind CR could put together the best team in any age group that could easily hang with all MD teams but the real question is has YJ become too much of a political machine and more concerned with you scratch my back I will scratch yours?

Why do you believe that the top YJ teams already do not beat the MD teams ? Not uncommon for the top TJ teams to lose to MD teams then around 8-9 th grade they start to dominate them ( 2016, 2017) age groups. Don't believe the hype from the MD teams they still lose on a regular basis to YJ .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you believe that the top YJ teams already do not beat the MD teams ? Not uncommon for the top TJ teams to lose to MD teams then around 8-9 th grade they start to dominate them ( 2016, 2017) age groups. Don't believe the hype from the MD teams they still lose on a regular basis to YJ .

As far as clubs go there is M&D and YJ sitting on top, regardless of age or anything else. The groups of clubs following is certainly stronger from MD than LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D will only create more separation between themselves and other MD clubs with the addition of the 3-4 girls from competing clubs that are coming over. If you thought they dominated this past year, wait until what they unleash this upcoming season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As far as clubs go there is M&D and YJ sitting on top, regardless of age or anything else. The groups of clubs following is certainly stronger from MD than LI.

The important thing to remember after this past season is how valuable the draw is . For the most part who ever controlled the draw at this age group pretty much won the game. At this point M&D seems to be the dominant force off of the draw. Great draw girl and excellent wing play on the circle seem to be invaluable. Enjoy the rest of your summers !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what kind of requirements are bigger stronger faster?? how about skilled !!! good lax IQ !! field vision !! You sound like most of the start up girls from boys programs ...girls lax and boys lax are two different games

Yes, short pint was once able to weave and dodge and score lots of goals but unfortunately those days are numbered I don't care how skilled they are at some point the bigger stronger girls pass them by which has already started to happen. Would guarantee that anyone new coming to YJA wont be on the smaller side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs have the talent that could move to M&D? All the top girls are already there. Skill + chemistry = no changes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs have the talent that could move to M&D? All the top girls are already there. Skill + chemistry = no changes

Uh oh someone seems nervous about their kids spot. Never get too comfortable on these top teams. If no changes why bother having tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uh oh someone seems nervous about their kids spot. Never get too comfortable on these top teams. If no changes why bother having tryouts?

I think their point was that M&D already has some of the top girls at this age in MD. There aren't girls on other MD teams that are going to come in and make M&D better. I'm sure there will be some cuts, but they aren't going to be game changers as the other poster said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does she have to recruit? Can't she develop her own talent? Seems that she can't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, short pint was once able to weave and dodge and score lots of goals but unfortunately those days are numbered I don't care how skilled they are at some point the bigger stronger girls pass them by which has already started to happen. Would guarantee that anyone new coming to YJA wont be on the smaller side.

Funny always hear that nonsense. Year after year. Would you like to look at some of the best D1 attackers? Many of the best are not very big ... Megan Whittle, Selena Lasota, Aly Messinger etc. So yes quickness, skill and IQ still matter. In fact you should do yourself a favor and check out a girl from upstate NY who is heading to Florida. I think she might not even be 4'8" and she is awesome. Would likely make your daughter look silly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny always hear that nonsense. Year after year. Would you like to look at some of the best D1 attackers? Many of the best are not very big ... Megan Whittle, Selena Lasota, Aly Messinger etc. So yes quickness, skill and IQ still matter. In fact you should do yourself a favor and check out a girl from upstate NY who is heading to Florida. I think she might not even be 4'8" and she is awesome. Would likely make your daughter look silly.

Keep dreaming...... Do yourself a favor and look at the rosters for the top D1 programs. There are no 4.8' girls but I'm sure you might have the next mini prodigy on your hands!

Page 2 of 44 1 2 3 4 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard