BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 264 1 2 3 4 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Pequa lost top 3 scorers.

Syosset will be

fired up and will play with emotion as a result of Head Coach turmoil. Much support for JC... Look out.

Can't replace what Syosset lost , way too many mediocre players who think way too much of themselves and as a result will implode eventually. HC will be under constant pressure and scrutiny all year if he stays.

Forgot 11 D1 players committed on varsity already, but you are right mediocre.

11 ????????????????????????????
Must be drinking or smoking some good stuff.F

Ok tool bag look it up it is in black and white.

Laxpower has 7 tool bag and some of those 7 are real suspect non powerhouse schools. Face it Syosset has been a top 25 team in the nation last 2 years so by default some kids may get looks but don't confuse those 7 commits with the capability to win.

Ok sounds like soar loser let me see 0-2 for pequa in the last 2 county championship. Plus the 2018 group in Syosset is very strong also. It is D1 commit which ever way you slice it powerhouse or not. I guess where your top point leader went is not a powerhouse either!!! Cause we have one going there also.

SYO will be very strong, they have a few non commits that have competed against the top D1 commits throughout LI and easily handled them. Commits mean absolutely nothing, it is a matter of the players playing as a cohesive unit and not selfishly. The core SYO 2018 have played together in the past and have been very successful.
Let's wait until the season starts and see how it all ends, we can come here an badmouth one another all day long but until the REAL season begins, it's all nothing but banter.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Pequa lost top 3 scorers.

Syosset will be

fired up and will play with emotion as a result of Head Coach turmoil. Much support for JC... Look out.

Can't replace what Syosset lost , way too many mediocre players who think way too much of themselves and as a result will implode eventually. HC will be under constant pressure and scrutiny all year if he stays.

Forgot 11 D1 players committed on varsity already, but you are right mediocre.

11 ????????????????????????????
Must be drinking or smoking some good stuff.F

Ok tool bag look it up it is in black and white.

Laxpower has 7 tool bag and some of those 7 are real suspect non powerhouse schools. Face it Syosset has been a top 25 team in the nation last 2 years so by default some kids may get looks but don't confuse those 7 commits with the capability to win.

Ok sounds like soar loser let me see 0-2 for pequa in the last 2 county championship. Plus the 2018 group in Syosset is very strong also. It is D1 commit which ever way you slice it powerhouse or not. I guess where your top point leader went is not a powerhouse either!!! Cause we have one going there also.

Pequa is a great feeder program or Nassau CC...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just so you understand (some of you don't), every HS team, graduates every senior, every year. Yet somehow they manage to field a team the following year. When discussing next years teams it really makes little sense to talk about who they lost but rather who is on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(Ivy League not public)
(Patriot League not public)
Air Force
Hofstra
Loyola
Marist
Maryland
Michigan
Stony Brook

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequot: Air Force commit. Hofstra commit. Lehigh commit x2.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(Ivy League not public)
Air Force
Hofstra
Loyola
Marist
Maryland
Michigan
Stony Brook

If his list is for Syosset you forgot
Yale
Lafayette
And will more before season starts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Syosset I have a 2019 that did good against your D1 commits as a freshman starting on varsity is pretty good don't you think. Your such a moron and by the way it's true. Who gives a crap about D1 commits. Did it ever occur to you that the kid may be a good not great lax player but is going D1 because the school has alot to offer him. Spoken like a true idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(Ivy League not public)
Air Force
Hofstra
Loyola
Marist
Maryland
Michigan
Stony Brook

Residual effect due to the last 2 years and if it not public then it's not in black and white. Stop vicariously peacocking or are one of those guys wearing the stuff from the college bookstore your son is hopefully attending.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk has alot more kids to choose from. Very talented. Nassau dad also. Talent was decent some good teams in finals but not bad for hs teams from long island competing in finals. Good for long island. Just because Syosset has been good recently don't get all full of your self. True they do have some 2018,2019 kids that are good and they may have 11 D1 commits but do you think anyone really cares. Cant wait to beat your a** in football. Going to be alot of fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Syosset I have a 2019 that did good against your D1 commits as a freshman starting on varsity is pretty good don't you think. Your such a moron and by the way it's true. Who gives a crap about D1 commits. Did it ever occur to you that the kid may be a good not great lax player but is going D1 because the school has alot to offer him. Spoken like a true idiot.

Pequa 0-2 last 2 county champs and it was a [lacrosse] slapping!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(Ivy League not public)
Air Force
Hofstra
Loyola
Marist
Maryland
Michigan
Stony Brook

Residual effect due to the last 2 years and if it not public then it's not in black and white. Stop vicariously peacocking or are one of those guys wearing the stuff from the college bookstore your son is hopefully attending.

Oh really? Some of those kids were committed before the past 2 championship seasons for Syosset... How do you explain that? Do you really think that college coaches commit kids because the school has a name? They evaluate each kids play - mostly in summer and fall league play. (College Coaches are busy with their own lax season in the spring.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what the main thing is that they compete. As long as long island wins it who cares. Doesn't Syosset run in spurts. Your having a good run enjoy it because it won't last that long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what the main thing is that they compete. As long as long island wins it who cares. Doesn't Syosset run in spurts. Your having a good run enjoy it because it won't last that long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trust me The helmet counts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are clueless. You actually think the HC recruits? Boob

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are telling me 2 kids at prospect day. One from bad school, pick your bad school, don't want to belittle anybody. And one with top school helmet, both play the same that day, who are they talking to first.both with the same season stats

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I am 100% right on. There is a reason kids from bad lax towns, go to Chaminade and St A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There you go again with the commits. Enough already. This may shock you but kids actually go to schools that have the academics that they are looking for and that want an education, not just lax. Plus the coaches are taking kids that are good academically and that are good athletes. What good is it to have a good athlete that can't make it because of his grades. He can be great but can't cut the mustard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which kid has better grades? Oh wait they have the same grades too. Come on. My son went to a prospect camp and didn't wear his schools helmet. And let me add that it was a D1 school. So now what? Let me guess,they don't look at him because now they have no clue where he's from but een though he played better then the guys with the helmet from their school they will not give him a look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are telling me 2 kids at prospect day. One from bad school, pick your bad school, don't want to belittle anybody. And one with top school helmet, both play the same that day, who are they talking to first.both with the same season stats

They would take them both. Or probably not the one with the crazy parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely depends on the school. Two kids with equal playing ability you have to go with the kid who is coming from the school with a better academic reputation. Why take a kid who you don't know will be able to handle the work load. Now if we are talking lower academic institutions both are getting offers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly your kid has been passed up sorry for that. You just don't get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI, no real man coach, cares about crazy parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did your son's HS Team do in the playoffs? Did his team make the pkayoffs? Starting on Varsity in 9th grade for a weak team means very little...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's one of the top teams in Nassau that is always in it so nice try. Just maybe he is that good. Not a weak team at all. The difference is I don't go on this site to talk about my kid but when people make stupid comments it gets me pissed off. Your town isnt the only town that has talent like that. Listen we live on LI which produces a great deal of talent. We should be proud that long island represents all the time. He got looks at already from D1 to D3 schools. I'm not going to come on this site and brag about D1 commits cause in reality I'm worried about my son's academics and which school will fit his academic skills. I for one am happy when I hear that a long island team wins state or any tournament that they are in. Just remember lax is a tool that may help a kid get into a college that they may not have gotten into without lax. So good for those kids that are going to a school that they want to go to not which school his or her parents want them to go to. Sure I will be proud of which ever school my kid goes to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talent is talent, they could care less which helmet the kid wears. Now your trying to say because your kid has a helmet from a private school that he has to be better then a kid from a public hs. Catholic schools like to recruit kids as we all know. Your trying to put down kids that don't have a helmet. Come one man my kid plays with kids that have the helmet so does that make them any better. Good for you that you can afford to send him. Others are not as fortunate as some but don't knock the kids without the helmet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is public school .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I were a coach with the choice to recruit only one of these players, I would take the public school kid.

Chances are he comes from a family that knows what it's like to work hard and not have a silver spoon in his mouth. Real world, better work ethic, more blue collar, and fights for what he gets. I am after all, a hard working employee on a collegiate salary...far from the starched white collar pretentious parent. Plus, my team will already have many of the snobs who don't realize I am using them for their money since they can pay near full tuition while given a small percentage scholarship. (They think they're so smart!)

Also, the parents of the public school athlete know not to expect anything, whereas the private school parents are going to chew my ear off and play politics during which I will have to nod politely ad nauseam...and cringe as they present themselves in docksiders, pink shorts and a sweater draped over their shoulders. Please.

I think the few times during the season we have a post game family meal, I'd prefer to associate with a family more like my own, so the public school kid is in. You see, I just don't like the veneer of the rich families.

Finally, the public school kid is going to work harder on the field to destroy and silence the rich boy snobs that are two years older, but are in the same recruiting class. I love seeing that fire in the public school athlete then watching the rich boys call their folks right after practice wondering what to do...internally hoping his helicopter parents could call me to discuss better opportunities.

Oh, by the way, I have far less private meetings with the public school kid, but I wish I had a dollar for every time a rich private school boy came to my office in near tears hoping I'd console him cause he can't adjust. Sorry, real life lesson son. Tough love. The public school kid understands what to do.

Final choice: the public school kid, who doesn't care what helmet he is wearing because he knows that's not what makes him better. It's his character, what's inside...not the helmet or parents that shield him. I'll know my recruit plays with his heart, hustles to prove his worth and expects nothing.

Did you really think I'd take a kid who arrogantly thinks he's better and deserves the slot because his pretentious parents raised him to believe such nonsense? He still has a lot to learn and 4-5 years of college isn't enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly your kid has been passed up sorry for that. You just don't get it.

Karma is a female dog and I'm sure every parent who wanted the best for their son had knots in their stomach until kid either verbally committed or signed a NLI. Don't be so pompous and condescending because your son is there already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's one of the top teams in Nassau that is always in it so nice try. Just maybe he is that good. Not a weak team at all. The difference is I don't go on this site to talk about my kid but when people make stupid comments it gets me pissed off. Your town isnt the only town that has talent like that. Listen we live on LI which produces a great deal of talent. We should be proud that long island represents all the time. He got looks at already from D1 to D3 schools. I'm not going to come on this site and brag about D1 commits cause in reality I'm worried about my son's academics and which school will fit his academic skills. I for one am happy when I hear that a long island team wins state or any tournament that they are in. Just remember lax is a tool that may help a kid get into a college that they may not have gotten into without lax. So good for those kids that are going to a school that they want to go to not which school his or her parents want them to go to. Sure I will be proud of which ever school my kid goes to.

"The difference is I don't go on this site to talk about my kid but when people make stupid comments it gets me pissed off." - Then I talk about my kid.

Too funny....

Without the plug about your kid, the rest of your post makes some sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I were a coach with the choice to recruit only one of these players, I would take the public school kid.

Chances are he comes from a family that knows what it's like to work hard and not have a silver spoon in his mouth. Real world, better work ethic, more blue collar, and fights for what he gets. I am after all, a hard working employee on a collegiate salary...far from the starched white collar pretentious parent. Plus, my team will already have many of the snobs who don't realize I am using them for their money since they can pay near full tuition while given a small percentage scholarship. (They think they're so smart!)

Also, the parents of the public school athlete know not to expect anything, whereas the private school parents are going to chew my ear off and play politics during which I will have to nod politely ad nauseam...and cringe as they present themselves in docksiders, pink shorts and a sweater draped over their shoulders. Please.

I think the few times during the season we have a post game family meal, I'd prefer to associate with a family more like my own, so the public school kid is in. You see, I just don't like the veneer of the rich families.

Finally, the public school kid is going to work harder on the field to destroy and silence the rich boy snobs that are two years older, but are in the same recruiting class. I love seeing that fire in the public school athlete then watching the rich boys call their folks right after practice wondering what to do...internally hoping his helicopter parents could call me to discuss better opportunities.

Oh, by the way, I have far less private meetings with the public school kid, but I wish I had a dollar for every time a rich private school boy came to my office in near tears hoping I'd console him cause he can't adjust. Sorry, real life lesson son. Tough love. The public school kid understands what to do.

Final choice: the public school kid, who doesn't care what helmet he is wearing because he knows that's not what makes him better. It's his character, what's inside...not the helmet or parents that shield him. I'll know my recruit plays with his heart, hustles to prove his worth and expects nothing.

Did you really think I'd take a kid who arrogantly thinks he's better and deserves the slot because his pretentious parents raised him to believe such nonsense? He still has a lot to learn and 4-5 years of college isn't enough.

My son starts a big time program in about a week. Just found out about half the recruits coming in are 20 years old. This is [lacrosse]! My son is 17 and has always played by the rules. Unreal, but still know the best will prevail!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's a collegiate salary? Sounds like a college kid working fast food for minimum wage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow that was a lot of work for a premise that is patently false and completely misguided. D1 rosters are loaded with private school kids, especially the Ivies. You are making generalizations without any facts or examples. Nice try though.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow that was a lot of work for a premise that is patently false and completely misguided. D1 rosters are loaded with private school kids, especially the Ivies. You are making generalizations without any facts or examples. Nice try though.......

You read what you wanted to read and misguided yourself and patently jumped the gun.

I stated 'if I were coach'. The original question was 'who would you pick', which is opinion based.

Those are the opinions I have based on real world personal experience with private and public school families, schools and lax programs.

I understand the rosters all too well and agree...loaded with private school kids who are 20 year old freshmen.

IF I were coach, I'd change the trend and not give in to the current system that is ruining the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You read what you wanted to read and misguided yourself and patently jumped the gun.

I stated 'if I were coach'. The original question was 'who would you pick', which is opinion based.

Those are the opinions I have based on real world personal experience with private and public school families, schools and lax programs.

I understand the rosters all too well and agree...loaded with private school kids who are 20 year old freshmen.

IF I were coach, I'd change the trend and not give in to the current system that is ruining the sport.

Well said Bernie Sanders...free education for everyone...D1 spots for everyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair enough, that is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. I have experience with both sides as well, my son is at a private now after being at a public up until his freshman year. IMO there are plenty of snobs that go to public schools, plenty of helicopter parents that have kids in public schools and plenty of self important, lazy, and entitled kids that go to public schools. Also, coming from what is considered a "powerhouse" lax program, I have seen numerous kids from this program get recruited and go on to college and wash out after the 1st year because they simply werent prepared for the next level. Conversely, I have met many kids who have always been private school kids that are humble, hardworking, and down to earth. Those same kids also seem better prepared for the next level. Theres a reason the D1 rosters are filled with private and prep school kids, and personally I dont see the sport being any worse for it. IMO the club scene and the money hungry club directors are ruining the game at the youth level. The parents are caught up in an arms race created by the club directors for their own benefit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately if you "were a coach" and tried to buck the trend and play by the rules you would be watching the playoffs from your home and after 2 years of doing that collecting unemployment.

Coaching jobs are not as secure as in the past. Schools are expecting so much more out of lacrosse programs with the cost of running programs rising every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI had a strong team plus they are bringing up a few kids to make them even better than last year and with superior coaching it should be fun one to watch.
We're you at hotbeds? Their were good games to watch especially the playoffs.

Yes there were some good games, but IMHO the overall field of teams was very weak. Good for WI for winning it, but I dont think its an indication of anything. WI will be competitive as always because of their superior coaching which will be masking some serious holes, but I dont see them matching up with Smithtown East or Ward Melville.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my kids team is better than your kids team because..........

Try and post without any of the following themes that get used way to often on here

we are richer and can afford better training
we are poorer and therefore tougher
we have sidewalks
we can not smell our neighbors barbecue
our coach isn't getting indicted
our kids go home fully clothed
your better players go to private schools
we beat you last year in a scrimmage
you graduated a really good player
our dads drink Gin from real glasses not beer from red cups
we have kids committed that don't even play lacrosse
when our seniors were in 5th grade they were undefeated in PAL
you have no tradition at your school
Ty Xanders (Nuff Said)
Inside lacrosse (Nuff Said)
hey Mike - Put a face on this
Our JV beat your JV last year
we are the only HS on LI that has zero kids blazin'

and

We are better then you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair enough, that is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. I have experience with both sides as well, my son is at a private now after being at a public up until his freshman year. IMO there are plenty of snobs that go to public schools, plenty of helicopter parents that have kids in public schools and plenty of self important, lazy, and entitled kids that go to public schools. Also, coming from what is considered a "powerhouse" lax program, I have seen numerous kids from this program get recruited and go on to college and wash out after the 1st year because they simply werent prepared for the next level. Conversely, I have met many kids who have always been private school kids that are humble, hardworking, and down to earth. Those same kids also seem better prepared for the next level. Theres a reason the D1 rosters are filled with private and prep school kids, and personally I dont see the sport being any worse for it. IMO the club scene and the money hungry club directors are ruining the game at the youth level. The parents are caught up in an arms race created by the club directors for their own benefit.

Not every kid in Private/Catholic is from a rich family. many children of Cops and teachers which keep their children grounded. Many of the publics they left had entitled students as well. Works both ways. but your are right as a coach family values and work ethic means a lot!

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 264 1 2 3 4 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard