BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Long Island Rebels Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This thread has been opened to provide news related to the newly launched Long Island Rebels Lacrosse club.

BOTC is pleased to be able to share the following introductory communication from the Club Director, Tom Gilmartin :

To the BOTC Community : I felt it was important to respond to the rumors personally. I will be starting a new club, the LI Rebels, and I am sure I will be in touch to do some announcements for me. I have worked for the past few years with the Stampede to increase their lacrosse profile.

As a poster on BOTC noted, last year we were instrumental in getting 32 out of 32 players consideration from colleges where they will be competing next year. For our younger teams, I concentrate on teaching the kids the game before worrying about their success in tournament play. While I of course want them to be competitive, it is not the only benchmark I use to gauge success. I concentrate on preparing them in practices and focusing on each player as an individual, addressing each players strengths and weaknesses. Of course, this must all be done while still developing team concepts and team play. Winning is still important, but not the final goal. The goal for me is the development of each player.

I have won my championships at the youth, high school and college level. I have traveled the world playing lacrosse and have met with much success. I coach to pass along what I can and make sure each player is treated with respect, regardless of ability. While I want them to know the great feeling of winning, my ego does not rise and fall with their win/loss record.

I wish the Stampede/91 merger much success. I just needed to go my own way to ensure that I can do it my own way. If not, I would rather not do it.

Any particular questions, as always, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Tom Gilmartin
LI Rebel Lacrosse
631-848-7941

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Long Island Rebels Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there an email address for Coach Gilmartin and LI Rebels?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I love your philosophy on youth coaching and wish you much success with the Rebels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebelslax@Verizon.net

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thank You Very Much! It's appreciated

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI rebels have just locked up St. Josephs for practices this fall. Anyone interested should contact Tom at rebelslax@Verizon.net

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if this organization will be having tryouts or are there enough kids coming over from Stampede to field teams ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As of now there is only one established team (2016). They are still looking for a few players to round out the squad. This team will be playing in the fall. Keep an eye out for tryouts for other age groups for the spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What positions are you looking for and will there be tryouts to fill the positions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Attack and midfield for the most part, but they will take a look at all positions. There won't be a big tryout for this team just interested players coming down to practice for a look. Contact rebelslax@Verizon.net for info

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I sent an e-mail and we are waiting to see when this can be done....are you looking at fall ball as well as indoor?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Message me your info and I will send you the information.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2021 teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are looking to form younger teams, so look for info soon about tryout dates. Just trying to iron out some details.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hello and yes we will be fielding teams from 2021/2022 (3rd and 4th grade) to 2014. Hoping to also get a developmental team going as well. The new website should be up this week, but please feel free to e-mail me at rebelslax@verizon.com with any questions in the mean time. Please be sure to include the ages you are inquiring about, and your phone number if you would like me to call you back. I appreciate all of the support I have been getting from the BOTC readers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LI Rebel
Hello and yes we will be fielding teams from 2021/2022 (3rd and 4th grade) to 2014. Hoping to also get a developmental team going as well. The new website should be up this week, but please feel free to e-mail me at rebelslax@verizon.com with any questions in the mean time. Please be sure to include the ages you are inquiring about, and your phone number if you would like me to call you back. I appreciate all of the support I have been getting from the BOTC readers.

Hi, wondering if there is any updates on this program and timing for tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anything new on this organization ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will new website be up ?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The Long Island Rebels

The Long Island Rebels lacrosse program strives to provide an exceptional lacrosse experience for all ages, while maintaining a safe and supportive environment for our student athletes. We seek to promote fundamentally sound lacrosse and the development of personal best and improvement, through personal attention, coaching, and competitive play, regardless of skill level or grade. The Long Island Rebels provide continued education and training to maintain the highest level of play.
The Rebels foster an environment where all of our athletes are encouraged to be their best both on and off of the field. We implement building concepts for lacrosse and life to promote sportsmanship, respect for self, the game and others, and the development of lifetime skills such as leadership and teamwork. The Long Island Rebel program encourages all to strive within the bounds of strong athletic and academic achievement.
The Long Island Rebels lacrosse program provides a venue where having fun, making new friends and enjoying the lacrosse experience is of equal value to learning the game. Camaraderie between players, parents and coaches is developed to provide support for each player to reach their maximum potential, and top exposure to all of the opportunities that the game of lacrosse has to offer.
Tom Gilmartin, the founder and Director of The Long Island Rebels, brings over 30 years of lacrosse experience as a player and coach to the organization. As a coach, Tom helped capture numerous championships at the high school level at St. Anthony’s and youth level in Huntington and Smithtown as well as other elite club programs. A graduate of Syracuse University, Tom played in the midfield for teams that competed for three National Championships in the early 1990’s and was selected to represent Syracuse in the 1992 North/South classic. He was a member of Syracuse University’s 1990 “Team of the Century”. Prior to Syracuse, Tom played his high school lacrosse at St. Anthony’s where he was a four year varsity player and a high school All-American. He was selected to the 1986 Empire State Games and the 1990 U-19 US World Team, both gold medal winning teams. As a football player for the Friars, Tom took home the 1986 Carl Hansen award as the top player in Suffolk County, along with All Long Island, All State and All American accolades.
As director of the LI Rebels, Tom handles the day to day operations of the organization, as well as coaching. The program is marked by a heavy concentration on practice and preparation. During practices, time is allotted to individual skill development drills and training for each position, team concept instruction (i.e. rides, clears, team offense and defense) and game situation play. Preparing practice plans similar to a “college program”, allows for the Rebels staff to address each players individual strengths and weaknesses while providing the necessary team instruction needed for success in competitive play. The goal of helping each player to develop successfully co-exist with the goal of fielding competitive teams.
Tryout announcements will be made shortly through BOTC, and a information page will be up on the web at www.lirebelslax.com but if you are interested in joining The Rebels or hearing more, please contact Tom at rebelslax@verizon.net

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you build it, they will come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you build it, they will come.

Oh... people will come Tom, people will most definitely come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Decent showing by the rebels at stonybrook today. Going 2-1 with a tough lose to Team LI. Not bad for the first outing. Keep up the hard work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had a lot of fun today! Wish that last game was on the turf against Team LI. That field was a Mud Bowl. Rebels looked good and I can't wait to see them grow as a team.

Like Reply Quote
P
ProtonPower
Unregistered
ProtonPower
Unregistered
P
Did this program ever get going? Seemed like the plan was to have teams at each grade. The website is live, but the only team identified appears to be 5/6th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This program is up and running. The only complete team is at the jv level. They are still planning to put together teams at the younger levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering why we have not heard more about this program? Would like to hear from former players/parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a parent on the team. There are no former players. It is a new team. Everyone that played in the fall is committed for the summer. They played in 2 fall tournaments and because of the hurricane the other was postponed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this club still operating? The website appears to have been deleted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they are, just some work being done on the website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think they are playing at NYIT this weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played in the Capital Clash at the University of Albany .

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard