BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 43 44
Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams expecting big changes this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
12 days and counting until tryouts. The big question is who shows up trying to crash the party and join a top tier team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
12 days and counting until tryouts. The big question is who shows up trying to crash the party and join a top tier team.

The bigger question is who doesn't show up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought YJ was the only top tier team? What tryouts are you talking about? Isn't every othe club just a B team?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought YJ was the only top tier team? What tryouts are you talking about? Isn't every othe club just a B team?

Yes. Compared to YJ, M&D, Skywalkers, Heros, Stars, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will YJ B actually be a stronger team next summer with all the demoted A players or will they just leave like years past?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a Maryland parent. Tryouts this year will be very telling. Lots of pressure already on these girls vying for spots on the tip teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a Maryland parent. Tryouts this year will be very telling. Lots of pressure already on these girls vying for spots on the tip teams.

Do you really think there will be a lot of movement on the tope teams? Skywalkers had a small roster, so they have room to grow. Having seen all these teams, you really think there will be players expecting to move to M&D or Heros at this point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's had 20 field players. M&D more. Sky Walkers 15. Each of those teams have 5 or 6 studs headed to big-time D1 schools, 5 or 6 with super potential, and the balance with decent skills that compliment the standouts. Those complimentary players can all be replaced by movement of A players from other clubs. I just don't see a lot of loyalty to players, just loyalty to program reputation. I hope I am proven wrong.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's had 20 field players. M&D more. Sky Walkers 15. Each of those teams have 5 or 6 studs headed to big-time D1 schools, 5 or 6 with super potential, and the balance with decent skills that compliment the standouts. Those complimentary players can all be replaced by movement of A players from other clubs. I just don't see a lot of loyalty to players, just loyalty to program reputation. I hope I am proven wrong.

Exactly. But how many of those top players on the teams are going to move? M&D isn't going to replace the bottom 5 kids on the team with bottom 5 kids from another team. None of the top teams would do that at risk of messing with team chemistry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. But how many of those top players on the teams are going to move? M&D isn't going to replace the bottom 5 kids on the team with bottom 5 kids from another team. None of the top teams would do that at risk of messing with team chemistry.

On LI nearly all the top players among all the clubs are trying to get on the top YJ team. Never see top players flow the other way. I see M&D as about the ultimate landing spot in MD, but you also have much better second and third options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On LI nearly all the top players among all the clubs are trying to get on the top YJ team. Never see top players flow the other way. I see M&D as about the ultimate landing spot in MD, but you also have much better second and third options.

For the most part, once girls are on M&D, Heros and Skywalkers they don't move unless they feel there is a better opportunity to play or they get cut. The top girls don't go from Skywalkers and Hero's to M&D. This is why there are so many good teams in MD as opposed to the way it is in LI where they all gravitate to one place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think M &D isn't capable or willing to replace their bottom 5 with new girls as a result of team chemistry, I got some unfortunate news for you. These clubs have very little loyalty towards previous years rosters, nor should they. My guess is there will be a half dozen girls from different clubs that stand out and M&D (or any of the top clubs for that matter) will snatch them up hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. Happens every year. If your daughter finds herself at the lower end of the roster, I hope you have registered her for at least one other club tryout or are prepared to play on the B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%. Unless your kid is a "can't miss" prospect, no roster slot is guaranteed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think M &D isn't capable or willing to replace their bottom 5 with new girls as a result of team chemistry, I got some unfortunate news for you. These clubs have very little loyalty towards previous years rosters, nor should they. My guess is there will be a half dozen girls from different clubs that stand out and M&D (or any of the top clubs for that matter) will snatch them up hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. Happens every year. If your daughter finds herself at the lower end of the roster, I hope you have registered her for at least one other club tryout or are prepared to play on the B team.

Well at this year, M&D did that at the 2021 level. I guess we will see what happens. As good as that team is, their bottom 5 is about as good as a lot of teams top 10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI needs another club to come along with a director with the energy and passion to build a quality program. Passion for the sport not just motivation for $$. They need to have a development plan, strong understanding of the sport year round development, access to facilities, and solid coaching/coaches who share that vision.

My daughter does not play YJ. I do not like her but respect what she has done (not a fan of current business practices, but I blame the lemmings more than her). But my understanding is that she started YJ about 15 years ago when girls lacrosse was still in its relative infancy. So she was fairly young with her own young children when she started. So starting YJ must of been a labor of love for her as much if not more than the financial part. Today it will be hard to find a person willing to commit so much of oneself t start something such as she did that has grown into the huge business it is now. Now people go into this for the quick and instant $$.

It will be rare to find someone with that sort of passion and patience needed to put together another highly successful travel program. So if you are looking for a program, look at the directors commitment, their plan, and whether their coaches buy into what the director is saying. It is a tough ask to find that out, but they are good questions to ask.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should look into Igloo. Director committed and passionate. During it for the right reasons - has two girls in the program. Stud players. He looking to develop the girls and have fun along the way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo have 2020 0r 2019 program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There wasn't any additions/subtractions from M&Ds team last August? 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should look into Igloo. Director committed and passionate. During it for the right reasons - has two girls in the program. Stud players. He looking to develop the girls and have fun along the way.

Let's see how many stud players return. Sorry but heard a lot of gripping from some of the parents this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD > NY

Orioles > Yankees and Mets

Ravens > Giants and Jets

Michael Phelps RULES !!

OOOOOOOOOOOh say does that Star Spangled ...

smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD > NY

Ravens > Giants and Jets

Michael Phelps RULES !!

smile

You forgot to mention how awesome Baltimore is as a city.... what a gem to leave off the bounties list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's see how many stud players return. Sorry but heard a lot of gripping from some of the parents this summer.

Was not impressed with the brand of very ugly lacrosse this club played at this age group. Looked like plan was to give it to the one or two athletic girls on the team and let them try to plow through the double and triple slide defense. May work against weak teams, looks completely silly against good defense. Even girls with far more skill and athletism get the idea that this style of lacrosse is PAL lax at best. Ugly to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was not impressed with the brand of very ugly lacrosse this club played at this age group. Looked like plan was to give it to the one or two athletic girls on the team and let them try to plow through the double and triple slide defense. May work against weak teams, looks completely silly against good defense. Even girls with far more skill and athletism get the idea that this style of lacrosse is PAL lax at best. Ugly to watch.

What you have described is the way all LI teams play lacrosse these days. Any wonder they can't win in MD where the girls are actually coached and learn to play as a team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What you have described is the way all LI teams play lacrosse these days. Any wonder they can't win in MD where the girls are actually coached and learn to play as a team?

Which top YJ team cannot win in MD ?The team you are talking about plays that way because daddy coach will only let little princess go to goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD > NY

Ravens > Giants and Jets

Michael Phelps RULES !!

smile
Md has crabs --- N.Y. is an Empire

Orioles have won 3 world series (thats Cute)--------yankees have 1 out of every 4 World series or championship

Ravens were stolen from Indy and won 2 (again cute) -------Giants 4 jets 1

It's ok little brother keep trying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which top YJ team cannot win in MD ?The team you are talking about plays that way because daddy coach will only let little princess go to goal.

You sir are clueless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Off the top of my head this year? 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD > NY

Ravens > Giants and Jets

Michael Phelps RULES !!

smile
Md has crabs --- N.Y. is an Empire

Orioles have won 3 world series (thats Cute)--------yankees have 1 out of every 4 World series or championship

Ravens were stolen from Indy and won 2 (again cute) -------Giants 4 jets 1

It's ok little brother keep trying

Ravens were actually stolen from Cleveland. Colts left Baltimore for Indiana.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You should look into Igloo. Director committed and passionate. During it for the right reasons - has two girls in the program. Stud players. He looking to develop the girls and have fun along the way.

Off the top of my head this year? 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 [/quote

Are you sure they didn't take off more than the top of your head like a piece of your brain .
2020 Beat M&D multiple times and proved that they and the previously named team are the two best in country
2021 if they had an actual coach show up they would be better but agreed not as good
2022& 2023 too young to tell but I believe once they are out of pull ups will be just fine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You should look into Igloo. Director committed and passionate. During it for the right reasons - has two girls in the program. Stud players. He looking to develop the girls and have fun along the way.

Off the top of my head this year? 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 [/quote

Are you sure they didn't take off more than the top of your head like a piece of your brain .
2020 Beat M&D multiple times and proved that they and the previously named team are the two best in country
2021 if they had an actual coach show up they would be better but agreed not as good
2022& 2023 too young to tell but I believe once they are out of pull ups will be just fine

That just sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. YJ 2020 may have beaten M&D this summer, but there is no question as to who got the better of the matchup this year.

You're right, 2021 is not close right now.

Make whatever excuses you want, but YJ 2022 or 2023 is not competitive against MD teams right now.

The original question was which top YJ team cannot win in MD. I believe the answer is most of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you put in order the best Maryland clubs in order:

M&D
Skywalkers
Diamonds
C2
Redshirts
Heros
Coppermine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you put in order the best Maryland clubs in order:

M&D
Skywalkers
Diamonds
C2
Redshirts
Heros
Coppermine

It depends on the age:
2020:
M&D
Heros
Integrity
Skywalkers
TLC
The Rest
2021:
M&D
Skywalkers
Heros
Stars(In VA but play in MD)
NEMS
TLC
The rest
2022: Top 3 are pretty even
M&D
Heros
TLC
The Rest

Diamonds, C2, Redshirts, Coppermine don't compete with the top teams other than maybe Redshirts 2023 and 2024

The top 3 clubs are M&D, Skywalkers and Heros. Usually very good at all ages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with the 2021 evaluation. TLC is trying their best to be removed from this ranking altogether

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. Several top TLC girls headed to M&D and Heros

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The C2 Black 2021. 2022 , 2023 and 2024 teams do compete with top clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell them not to quit their day jobs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The C2 Black 2021. 2022 , 2023 and 2024 teams do compete with top clubs.

Did C2 beat M&D, Heros or Skywalkers this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No girl on TLC is making M&D. Sorry

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard