BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Tryouts
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
New at this..looking for opinions on 2024 Express, Igloo, and Outlaws? How long does a team take to let you know if your son makes the team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Tryouts
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one gets cut from express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually get some response within tbe week. They want to lock you up before you do other tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your check clears

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express makes cuts as they should

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Ranger12
New at this..looking for opinions on 2024 Express, Igloo, and Outlaws? How long does a team take to let you know if your son makes the team?

All will let you know within a few days of the final tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

IF they can is more like it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they cut 2024's last year and they will again this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know about 2024 and maybe they do cut kids but Express not only has no cuts but if you sign up and don't attend tryouts they will automatically place you on the "B" team and if they have a "C" team they will place you there. I have never heard of anyone getting cut from express and I have been around for years. Do your homework before you sign up for any team. Good luck.

they cut 2024's last year and they will again this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only cuts made with Express is if you check bounces!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
If your child makes the team will the coaches give you more information such as how many players are on the team, and what you are getting for your money in terms of practices, tournaments, etc.?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on Redon girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call each club. If one does not get back to you don't go there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
our experience has been that no matter where my daughter has played she is always treated differently with regard to playing time, instruction, etc... than the team's coaches/ club directors home town players and there friends. Has anyone's had a better experience they are willing to share? Please no nasty responses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know about 2024 and maybe they do cut kids but Express not only has no cuts but if you sign up and don't attend tryouts they will automatically place you on the "B" team and if they have a "C" team they will place you there. I have never heard of anyone getting cut from express and I have been around for years. Do your homework before you sign up for any team. Good luck.

Ah, hold on there. You didn't say A, B, and C did you? No, no, no...those terms are no longer used. They are AAA, AA, and A teams.

And yes, little Johnny will definitely be on some 'A(AA)' team. Aren't you proud? Doesn't it feel great to know that Johnny is on his way?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy ball at igloo and outlaws. Express is a revolving door of coaches and kids.
Best way to learn about a team is to ask parents who have been on the team.
Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah, hold on there. You didn't say A, B, and C did you? No, no, no...those terms are no longer used. They are AAA, AA, and A teams.

And yes, little Johnny will definitely be on some 'A(AA)' team. Aren't you proud? Doesn't it feel great to know that Johnny is on his way?

I thought that changed to Team 1, Team 2, Team 3, Team 1AAA, Team 2AAA, etch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI Bluefish is a great organization, new, no BS, 2 coaches, you know exactly what you get from day $$ from day 1.
365Lax, another straight shooting organization.

Most of the rest have too much BS and ask $$ than what you get. Can't really speak towards the clubs that are suffolk run but in nassau, i would stay away from all but the 2 mentioned above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI Bluefish is a great organization, new, no BS, 2 coaches, you know exactly what you get from day $$ from day 1.

Most of the rest have too much BS and ask $$ than what you get. Can't really speak towards the clubs that are suffolk run but in nassau, i would stay away from all but the 2 mentioned above.

I hear a lot of talk about Recon lately and when we played at Shootout for Soldiers, it seemed like one of their teams was always playing. I spoke to one of the parents and them seem to like it. They seem to offer more than just lacrosse. Anyone else have some feedback.

Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didon't teams used to be more forthcoming with how much the fee is, and what you get?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes they did used to be more up front..now you tryout, make a team and then don't find out who coach is until spring...at least that's they way it is w/ a bunch of girls programs..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Viper is trying to field younger teams. Low cost, but still have to ask are they worth it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bluefish is a great organization? I guess you haven't talked to their parents. kids on certain teams jumped ship and coaches who get 3-5 penalties a game for yelling at the refs.

365 takes kids from other programs and plays in just 1-3 tourneys and then they take credit for the kids who commit. Do your homework and you will find out that they are not the best choices and other programs are more affordable and have better reputations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stay away from all teams but Bluefish and 365? That's ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bluefish is a great organization? I guess you haven't talked to their parents. kids on certain teams jumped ship and coaches who get 3-5 penalties a game for yelling at the refs.

365 takes kids from other programs and plays in just 1-3 tourneys and then they take credit for the kids who commit. Do your homework and you will find out that they are not the best choices and other programs are more affordable and have better reputations.

Even though it's certainly not all about wins and losses, it can't be much fun getting shellacked all summer like the Bluefish teams other than their 2019 did this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91...not a very well run program for girls?...any opinion?...

Don't do it! No talent, although some coaches are good. You won't get anywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stay away from all teams but Bluefish and 365? That's ridiculous.

That may actually be the stupidest thing ever written on here!! And that's saying a lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what age group are you talking about ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear a lot of talk about Recon lately and when we played at Shootout for Soldiers, it seemed like one of their teams was always playing. I spoke to one of the parents and them seem to like it. They seem to offer more than just lacrosse. Anyone else have some feedback.

Thanks

Father of a Recon 2023 player. I was happy. A few people said they would like to see more practices but I was good with what they did. The winter crossfit indoor training was fun for my kid. The kids got along well, no parent drama, they played great. He will be at this Saturdays tryouts. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what age group are you talking about ?

All, name one quality tournament they have made it to the finals in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly what you get from day one is very few practices and a hodge podge of tournaments some of which saw their teams losing by 12-13 goals. It is a new organization so give them time. However, the truth is they have a long way to go. The picked up a bunch of good 2019s but the other teams were nothing special at all. Again, new organization so time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the bluefish directors get it. popped up kind of late last year, at least on my radar or we would have tried out. I have a 2019, they brought over a existing team that is why they had some success. Powers, Tierney and Allen all get the club scene and how to work it. I think they will have more success this year with the earlier tryouts and a year to see what they have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the bluefish directors get it. popped up kind of late last year, at least on my radar or we would have tried out. I have a 2019, they brought over a existing team that is why they had some success. Powers, Tierney and Allen all get the club scene and how to work it. I think they will have more success this year with the earlier tryouts and a year to see what they have.

How do they "get the club scene"? The only thing they get is that they can make money by having a bunch of B, C and D level teams.
Tierney should worry about getting the college team he coaches into the playoffs which hasn't done in a very long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are experienced, they started the club scene. Read the rest of the post, wasn't talking about last year... Jack-A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are experienced, they started the club scene. Read the rest of the post, wasn't talking about last year... Jack-A

Let's start a new club and fill the teams with mostly Garden City kids that didn't make other travel teams. Then have most of those teams lose 75% of their games, many of which by double digit margins. That's the way to start a program! Good thing they "started the club scene".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what does started the club scene mean? i know one of them started the Express, but tierney was a 9d1 guy first. GC is not a bad town to take a chance on. I thought their tryouts were very good last year, 2020 was well attended.. maybe by a lot of kids who were already on other teams, but it was still a great tryout. I would bet on these guys before betting on some of the other options in NC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's start a new club and fill the teams with mostly Garden City kids that didn't make other travel teams. Then have most of those teams lose 75% of their games, many of which by double digit margins. That's the way to start a program! Good thing they "started the club scene".

I believe he/she was talking about J.A. , one of the founders of LIE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you think the head coach of Hofstra is going to help your son get into a school besides his? Does this make sense to you? He will send one of his studs to a team that he might compete against in the next few years...Cmon parents wake up..He isnt making phone calls for ur kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you think the head coach of Hofstra is going to help your son get into a school besides his? Does this make sense to you? He will send one of his studs to a team that he might compete against in the next few years...Cmon parents wake up..He isnt making phone calls for ur kid

College coaches only want kids that want to go to their school. If you are honest with them and tell them up front that you do not want to stay on LI then there shouldn't be a problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
taking my son to 2020 tryouts sunday afternoon and looking forward to it. want a different option on club scene and separate from his schools summer high school team

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard