07/10/19 09:49 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not an expert at all. Just use facts and fugures. You can too. Just go to flg website. Very informative. All the stats you need to make your own informed opinion. I'm not a hater. A realist. Yes. Hey fool. Post what team your kid is on so we all can tell You if your wonderkind deserved the recognition. I'm guessing no. You are just trying to lump yours in with the deserving. Was it 3rd or 4th place at ua? Speaks for itself doesn't it. Be well and congrats to the deserving!!!

Relax pal, have a Snickers, you're outrage is tiring.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #288529
07/10/19 10:31 AM
07/10/19 10:31 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not an expert at all. Just use facts and fugures. You can too. Just go to flg website. Very informative. All the stats you need to make your own informed opinion. I'm not a hater. A realist. Yes. Hey fool. Post what team your kid is on so we all can tell You if your wonderkind deserved the recognition. I'm guessing no. You are just trying to lump yours in with the deserving. Was it 3rd or 4th place at ua? Speaks for itself doesn't it. Be well and congrats to the deserving!!!

"Facts and figures" you are a typical know nothing who looks at box scores of HS games and thinks they know something about the sport. High School statistics are meaningless. Some years Long Island wins the tournament some years they do not but they are always competitive. Great lacrosse is played in several areas around the country. look at this years Division I All-Americans, probably around 25% from Long Island and about 75% from the rest of the country. Long Island has by far the largest concentration of players but there are great players from many areas. Over the years there have been similar complaints but the reality is that in most instances the evaluators select very strong players. There are always going to be a handful of very good players who do not make the cut simply because there are only so many spots available.There are not that many deserving players who do not make the team (maybe 5-10). One of the problems on Long Island is that many parents put a lot of stock in HS Lacrosse, HS awards and HS recognition and the fact that their daughter is going to play college lacrosse. There are approximately "100" 2019 HS Grads going on to play Division I Womens Lacrosse. 10 - 15 of those players are legit high end players and maybe another 5 - 10 who might turn out to be legit. The problem is that many parents believe that because they were All-County or whatever and that they are going to play DI They are just as good as the top players.There is a big difference between the player going to play at BC and the player going to play at BU.

In the end none of it really matters, what matters. This sport provides more opportunity than any other sport. Go compare girls lax to girls soccer on Long Island. I bet there are only about half the number of girls from long island going to play division I soccer with maybe 3 -5 going to a Top 30 caliber program and about 3 -5 who were able to use soccer to get into a top tier academic school.

You say that you are "realist" and not a hater so I will take you at your word. If you want to know where a player really stands just look at the college programs that make / made offers. If the player has offers from Northwestern, Boston College, Maryland and North Carolina and didn't make the UA Team then maybe the evaluators got it wrong. (for 2021's and below I bet the players on the UA teams will receive offers from many of the Top 10 -20 Programs). Parents do not like to hear this but the reality is that the recruiting process will tell the players where they stand.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #288535
07/10/19 11:33 AM
07/10/19 11:33 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are a fool. First off the FLG " stats" are incomplete and second who cares about the stats. Only an ignorant uninformed dope determines who the best players are by stats, every year you have players on horrendous teams putting up big numbers against other horrendous teams. The best player in the country ( Questionable) had multiple games that she did not score in because she was being locked off etc, while others did not face that type of defensive attention every game. You are such a coward , if you think players made the team that are undeserving call them out , if you think there are players who unquestionably should have made it lets hear about them. You won't do it as your just a coward.Sorry your poor kid gets dragged to all these tryouts but has no chance at making them even thou dad says she's the best because she put u 5 goals against B'Wood.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #288591
07/11/19 05:46 AM
07/11/19 05:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG is a joke with stats. They are making more off HS kids

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #289928
07/29/19 08:22 AM
07/29/19 08:22 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So another list of the top HS girls, this time by BOTC. The truth is somewhere in these lists, between the FLG Goat lists, Newsday and BOTC lists of players. Just like some of the elite team selections, county awards, you would be surprised by both some of the players who got on these lists, as well as surprised by some of the players who did not make the list. You do see a pattern emerge, there are a small group on all the lists, that seem beyond question. Congrats to all on the list, keep working hard!

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #290816
08/08/19 07:44 PM
08/08/19 07:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it me or do you all not get this u19 tournament. Seems like a complete waste of time, at the expense of US Lacrosse. There is zero competition. Nothing competitive about it. I would rather watch paint dry. Why waist everyone’s time and money? Embarrassing

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #290850
08/09/19 09:25 AM
08/09/19 09:25 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it me or do you all not get this u19 tournament. Seems like a complete waste of time, at the expense of US Lacrosse. There is zero competition. Nothing competitive about it. I would rather watch paint dry. Why waist everyone’s time and money? Embarrassing

You are aware that the US lost in the last U19 games? And that the US has only won 4 of 6? This year is out of the ordinary. For all the griping people did about KAH putting so many NW girls on the team she has been proven correct. They are a fantastic team.

Do you think the results in the team USA basketball games are any different in the U20, U18, etc divisions?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #290860
08/09/19 10:50 AM
08/09/19 10:50 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you. Scores like 25-0 and 26-0 are embarrassing, so much for good sportsmanship!

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #290865
08/09/19 11:25 AM
08/09/19 11:25 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah why "waist" everyone's time. Go watch some paint dry then, why are you on here bellyaching spelling wizard?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #290908
08/10/19 10:03 AM
08/10/19 10:03 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations!!! Go USA!!!

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #290928
08/10/19 05:05 PM
08/10/19 05:05 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please. It’s a bunch of college girls with a few very competitive high school kids. Playing a mismatch against mostly high school aged teams that can barely catch and throw, with 1-3 girls (US girls playing on foreign teams) with some skill thrown in. A total mismatch. Based on the talent from other countries she could of coached a decent high school team to the Championship. If the US took the 100 kids they originally put together, they could put 4 teams in and the US would finish 1-4. And possibly the team that won today wouldn’t of.
The placement of multiple NW kids isn’t a joke, it’s an embarrassment. 25-0. Pathetic. So much for the sportsmanship US Lacrosse preaches huh? And for every favor she maneuvered to put on the team, she left a deserving player out because of politics, favoritism, etc..
They won. Big surprise. Congrats.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #290968
08/11/19 07:02 PM
08/11/19 07:02 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s you! I guess every team your daughter didn’t make is a joke and a complete waste of time? I’m sure if she made it, you wouldn’t be feeling this way. Proud of the girls and proud that they brought home the Gold for USA!! The girls have made forever friends from different Countries and have amazing memories! Sorry your daughter wasn’t chosen and can’t tell her children that she played for the USA team xrand won a gold medal. You can try and take that away but no matter how much you try, you can’t.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #290986
08/12/19 08:31 AM
08/12/19 08:31 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Women's U19 World Cup Tournament is about expanding the game of women's lacrosse to other countries. Women's Lacrosse is a fantastic sport and should be a internationally cultivated. Plant the seed and watch it grow. It's about showing the International Olympic Committee that Lacrosse isn't just occurring in the US and Canada. The ultimate goal is bringing Lacrosse back to the Olympics in 2024 or 2028.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #290990
08/12/19 09:06 AM
08/12/19 09:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s you! I guess every team your daughter didn’t make is a joke and a complete waste of time? I’m sure if she made it, you wouldn’t be feeling this way. Proud of the girls and proud that they brought home the Gold for USA!! The girls have made forever friends from different Countries and have amazing memories! Sorry your daughter wasn’t chosen and can’t tell her children that she played for the USA team xrand won a gold medal. You can try and take that away but no matter how much you try, you can’t.

The losers will never stop trying to diminish the accomplishments of young women who do better than and receive more recognition and accolades than their daughter. Congratulations! Go USA! ..... and no, there are not 100 other girls who could have made the team.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #291003
08/12/19 10:21 AM
08/12/19 10:21 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The losers will never stop trying to diminish the accomplishments of young women who do better than and receive more recognition and accolades than their daughter. Congratulations! Go USA! ..... and no, there are not 100 other girls who could have made the team.

Honestly I would be proud if my daughter makes the U19 team in the future but having that many NW kids on the team is a joke no matter how you look at it. Does anyone believe that there would have been so many to make the team if the NW coach was not involved, which shows the obvious politics. Its unfortunate that the sort has not caught on in other countries and not sure this will make the Olympic committee want the sport as it just shows that the US will win it easily at this point.Glad they won but have to say the games were unwatchable from a competitive standpoint and the only thing that was surprising was how Canada seemed to have taken a step back .

Reply Quote
Page 370 of 381 1 2 368 369 370 371 372 380 381
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification