BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 10:04 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 09:58 PM
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 09:32 PM
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 09:08 PM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 09:06 PM
Duke's Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 07:54 PM
Girls 2023 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 07:44 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,767
Posts255,065
Members2,135
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 368 of 381 1 2 366 367 368 369 370 380 381
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #287021
06/18/19 04:18 PM
06/18/19 04:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Soooo, did a little research of the "Ivy's" lacrosse rosters, startlingly enough there SIX, count em, six girls who identify as HMAA. Multiple others who identify as UA AA and one identifies as a LI AA. So I guess these girls all have "problems" that super mom will address with the parents and programs since his filly is a Real AA at an Ivy. Or is she ??? Again, you are a shallow little man who lives through an imaginary girl, if she is real, I feel truly sorry for her.


While I agree that this person may be a shallow little man, not sure you actually taking the time to research this separates you from him in any way. Who cares? Yes HM All American is made up on LI. No one else does it. Are the girls lying if they put it on their resume? No. Do you think college coaches base their decisions on someone being HM AA? Of course not. So again, who cares? Do we really need 2 pages of arguing over it?


Agreed, and therefore done with this.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #287022
06/18/19 04:57 PM
06/18/19 04:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Soooo, did a little research of the "Ivy's" lacrosse rosters, startlingly enough there SIX, count em, six girls who identify as HMAA. Multiple others who identify as UA AA and one identifies as a LI AA. So I guess these girls all have "problems" that super mom will address with the parents and programs since his filly is a Real AA at an Ivy. Or is she ??? Again, you are a shallow little man who lives through an imaginary girl, if she is real, I feel truly sorry for her.


While I agree that this person may be a shallow little man, not sure you actually taking the time to research this separates you from him in any way. Who cares? Yes HM All American is made up on LI. No one else does it. Are the girls lying if they put it on their resume? No. Do you think college coaches base their decisions on someone being HM AA? Of course not. So again, who cares? Do we really need 2 pages of arguing over it?


The original discussion was that if these HM AA players state they are US lacrosse AA they would be stating something that is untrue and could come back to bite them.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #287026
06/18/19 05:42 PM
06/18/19 05:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Soooo, did a little research of the "Ivy's" lacrosse rosters, startlingly enough there SIX, count em, six girls who identify as HMAA. Multiple others who identify as UA AA and one identifies as a LI AA. So I guess these girls all have "problems" that super mom will address with the parents and programs since his filly is a Real AA at an Ivy. Or is she ??? Again, you are a shallow little man who lives through an imaginary girl, if she is real, I feel truly sorry for her.



A couple things are clear by your posts. First you are clearly uneducated as you cannot even understand the original post. These players can call themselves HMAA all they want as that is correct , what they should not do is call themselves US Lacrosse AA as the original discussion clearly stated. The good news is these Ivy league players who will be doing bigger and better things in the future did not put in their bio false information like you seemed to indicate most likely as they are smart enough to understand the difference. As far as giving you more information on my daughter , no thanks as you are already creepy enough. Get your kid to a tutor , she is going to need it with those genes.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #287030
06/18/19 06:39 PM
06/18/19 06:39 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



So a person who makes up a fictitious child is not creepy? One who insults girls anonymously as well. Sure whatever you say. As stated done with your weird self. Keep projecting the “ivy All American thing someone will eventually congratulate you on BOTC.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #287033
06/18/19 07:43 PM
06/18/19 07:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I just looked it up and of the 60 or so D1 AA , 5 were not US lacrosse AA in high school so it seems like a better predictor than you are letting on


I am not sure which post you are referencing but there are three teams totaling 48 Division I All-Americans. There are at least 350 US Lacrosse HS All-Americans each year. I will take you at you word when you say that only five of the 48 were not HS AA's but I would not say that being named HS AA is a predictor or indicator of anything. If this year 43 of 48 Division I All-American were also US Lacrosse HS All-Americans that would tell us that approximately 1,357 former HS AA's from the HS graduating classes of 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015 did not go on to become Division I All-Americans. ; )

However, we are talking about Long Island...

13 of the 48 DI AA's are from Long Island (pretty good) and I am pretty sure that all 13 were US Lacrosse All-Americans and most likely Under Armor All-Americans as well. If I am not mistaken there are 19 US Lacrosse All-Americans from Long Island each year (9 - Nassau, 8 - Suffolk, 2 - Private). Under Armour probably selects 10 or so from Long Island each year. It is possible that 63 out of 76 former HS AA's from LI "were not" D1 AA's this year. Some of those HS AA's who were underclassmen this year might become a DI AA down the road as the majority of AA's were upperclassmen.

Here are some numbers / facts...

If you are looking for an indicator as to which Long Island players have the best chance to become an All-American in college the odds are with the players who go to the top college programs.

36 of the 48 All-Americans played for teams that finished the year ranked in the Top 10.
45 of the 48 All-Americans played for teams that finished the year ranked in the Top 20.
1 played for Duke which finished the year ranked 21.
1 played for Hopkins which finished the year ranked 22.
1 played for Towson which was not ranked.

1 Graduate Student.
23 Seniors
13 Juniors
10 Sophomores
1 Freshman

Looking at these numbers it would stand to reason that the top players in HS are the ones who receive major recognition / accolades and are recruited by and choose to attend the schools that are consistently ranked in the Top 10 - 20. Those Top 10 - 20 schools always seem to be the same and the players they recruit prove to be the top players.


Didn't Parella from Hofstra make AA?


Yes, that is correct. Hofstra not Hopkins.

The most accurate barometer of talent is the recruiting game. The top college coaches make offers to the players who they believe are the best. When the top programs are offering I would say that is the highest honor a HS player can earn. All of the awards are nice and I can't fo the life of me understand why some have a problem with the HM AA Award. Congratulations to all.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #287037
06/18/19 09:44 PM
06/18/19 09:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
So a person who makes up a fictitious child is not creepy? One who insults girls anonymously as well. Sure whatever you say. As stated done with your weird self. Keep projecting the “ivy All American thing someone will eventually congratulate you on BOTC.



I thought you were done earlier Einstein and yet you come back for more .What happened no more creepy “ research” because you are now starting to see you are an imbecile. Keep lowering the standards for your daughter and keep telling her it’s just not possible you can go to an Ivy and also be an AA ,as they say those that think they can and those that think they can’t are usually both correct. Don’t forget you are done posting.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #287058
06/19/19 09:56 AM
06/19/19 09:56 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So a person who makes up a fictitious child is not creepy? One who insults girls anonymously as well. Sure whatever you say. As stated done with your weird self. Keep projecting the “ivy All American thing someone will eventually congratulate you on BOTC.



I thought you were done earlier Einstein and yet you come back for more .What happened no more creepy “ research” because you are now starting to see you are an imbecile. Keep lowering the standards for your daughter and keep telling her it’s just not possible you can go to an Ivy and also be an AA ,as they say those that think they can and those that think they can’t are usually both correct. Don’t forget you are done posting.


Unfortunately for me, can't let a nasty mom get the last word. One of my many faults. You don't have an Ivy AA daughter and that is a fact. Say what you will about my daughter, that's par for the course for you. Insulting others kids while waiting breathlessly on BOTC for a "great job with your Ivy AA" is your world not mine. If you get HMAA and scream it at the sky, I say congratulations that's great. You call them liars and indicate it's going to cause problems. Thats the distinct difference between you and I. Care to say different or is all you have is your insults? You're very big on that.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #287095
06/19/19 05:22 PM
06/19/19 05:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So a person who makes up a fictitious child is not creepy? One who insults girls anonymously as well. Sure whatever you say. As stated done with your weird self. Keep projecting the “ivy All American thing someone will eventually congratulate you on BOTC.



I thought you were done earlier Einstein and yet you come back for more .What happened no more creepy “ research” because you are now starting to see you are an imbecile. Keep lowering the standards for your daughter and keep telling her it’s just not possible you can go to an Ivy and also be an AA ,as they say those that think they can and those that think they can’t are usually both correct. Don’t forget you are done posting.


Unfortunately for me, can't let a nasty mom get the last word. One of my many faults. You don't have an Ivy AA daughter and that is a fact. Say what you will about my daughter, that's par for the course for you. Insulting others kids while waiting breathlessly on BOTC for a "great job with your Ivy AA" is your world not mine. If you get HMAA and scream it at the sky, I say congratulations that's great. You call them liars and indicate it's going to cause problems. Thats the distinct difference between you and I. Care to say different or is all you have is your insults? You're very big on that.


You are both nuts. : )

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #287209
06/21/19 09:41 AM
06/21/19 09:41 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So a person who makes up a fictitious child is not creepy? One who insults girls anonymously as well. Sure whatever you say. As stated done with your weird self. Keep projecting the “ivy All American thing someone will eventually congratulate you on BOTC.



I thought you were done earlier Einstein and yet you come back for more .What happened no more creepy “ research” because you are now starting to see you are an imbecile. Keep lowering the standards for your daughter and keep telling her it’s just not possible you can go to an Ivy and also be an AA ,as they say those that think they can and those that think they can’t are usually both correct. Don’t forget you are done posting.


Unfortunately for me, can't let a nasty mom get the last word. One of my many faults. You don't have an Ivy AA daughter and that is a fact. Say what you will about my daughter, that's par for the course for you. Insulting others kids while waiting breathlessly on BOTC for a "great job with your Ivy AA" is your world not mine. If you get HMAA and scream it at the sky, I say congratulations that's great. You call them liars and indicate it's going to cause problems. Thats the distinct difference between you and I. Care to say different or is all you have is your insults? You're very big on that.



You really are a simpleton and obviously have no idea what a fact is. Again the initial posts were that these HMAA are not US lacrosse awards and should not be represented as such. Whats even funnier is you think you are insulting me by saying my daughter cannot be real which in reality every time you repeat that makes me smile at how fortunate I am. I will make it easy for you , this is the last time I will respond to you as there is no arguing with notIntelligent, HMAA is in "fact" a made up award by section 8 and 11 .Those that received it along with those that received All Division, All county HM, All County, Unsung Hero, and any other awards should be proud of themselves but make no mistake they are not US lacrosse awards. There are many differences between you and I but I suspect education is at the top of the list and it is obvious from your writing that you are a misogynist as you think calling me a mom is insulting. Good luck to your kid and let her know she too can be an AA and go to an Ivy if that is what she wants.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #287215
06/21/19 10:23 AM
06/21/19 10:23 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



So what you braggart! You're a nasty little woman, that's it! Do everyone a favor and crawl back into your hole a#$[ChillLaxin]*e

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #287230
06/21/19 01:43 PM
06/21/19 01:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A




Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So a person who makes up a fictitious child is not creepy? One who insults girls anonymously as well. Sure whatever you say. As stated done with your weird self. Keep projecting the “ivy All American thing someone will eventually congratulate you on BOTC.



I thought you were done earlier Einstein and yet you come back for more .What happened no more creepy “ research” because you are now starting to see you are an imbecile. Keep lowering the standards for your daughter and keep telling her it’s just not possible you can go to an Ivy and also be an AA ,as they say those that think they can and those that think they can’t are usually both correct. Don’t forget you are done posting.


Unfortunately for me, can't let a nasty mom get the last word. One of my many faults. You don't have an Ivy AA daughter and that is a fact. Say what you will about my daughter, that's par for the course for you. Insulting others kids while waiting breathlessly on BOTC for a "great job with your Ivy AA" is your world not mine. If you get HMAA and scream it at the sky, I say congratulations that's great. You call them liars and indicate it's going to cause problems. Thats the distinct difference between you and I. Care to say different or is all you have is your insults? You're very big on that.



You really are a simpleton and obviously have no idea what a fact is. Again the initial posts were that these HMAA are not US lacrosse awards and should not be represented as such. Whats even funnier is you think you are insulting me by saying my daughter cannot be real which in reality every time you repeat that makes me smile at how fortunate I am. I will make it easy for you , this is the last time I will respond to you as there is no arguing with notIntelligent, HMAA is in "fact" a made up award by section 8 and 11 .Those that received it along with those that received All Division, All county HM, All County, Unsung Hero, and any other awards should be proud of themselves but make no mistake they are not US lacrosse awards. There are many differences between you and I but I suspect education is at the top of the list and it is obvious from your writing that you are a misogynist as you think calling me a mom is insulting. Good luck to your kid and let her know she too can be an AA and go to an Ivy if that is what she wants.


This entire conversation is ridiculous. Move on!!! None of the girls were “lying” as someone claimed. They were in-fact given a plaque that said All American 2nd or 3rd team. My friends daughter received an AA 2nd team plaque, it does not say “honorable mention” anywhere on it. The girls listed what they received. If you have a problem with the awards that are given call section 11 & 8 and discuss it with them. I’m 100% sure the girls will not receive any backlash or problems down the road for listing an award they got in 10th or 11th grade. They didn’t claim to be AA 1st team. Let’s discuss some actual lacrosse, any good/bad summer lax going on?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #287248
06/21/19 08:40 PM
06/21/19 08:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



“This entire conversation is ridiculous. Move on!!! None of the girls were “lying” as someone claimed. They were in-fact given a plaque that said All American 2nd or 3rd team. My friends daughter received an AA 2nd team plaque, it does not say “honorable mention” anywhere on it. The girls listed what they received. If you have a problem with the awards that are given call section 11 & 8 and discuss it with them. I’m 100% sure the girls will not receive any backlash or problems down the road for listing an award they got in 10th or 11th grade. They didn’t claim to be AA 1st team. Let’s discuss some actual lacrosse, any good/bad summer lax going on?”

Couple issues with this . First I went back and reread all the posts . No one claimed the girls were “lying”. Second there is no US Lacrosse first , second etc team AA , there is only US Lacrosse AA. No one will claim to be US Lacrosse first team AA because there is no such thing. Not sure she still does it but CR used to run a money grab calling two teams of players LI AA at each age group , it’s the same thing that sections 11 ,8 have created . I believe it’s the second year they have done this and in my opinion it does diminish the past accomplishment of AA , you have gone from around 20 players yearly on LI who could claim to be AA to now around 80 . What those plaques do not say is US Lacrosse AA except for the top 20 or so . Don’t want to further this discussion but the guy who says he will not post again on the subject but can not control himself enough to not post has some issues . The mom may be a bit of a braggart but she has been in general correct .

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #287253
06/21/19 10:09 PM
06/21/19 10:09 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just to be honest. I am disgruntled after last night's award dinner.
Its the same thing every year. The same coaches patting each other on the back and giving each others kids the top awards.
Riverhead, Coach of the year ! Really, Talk about doing less with more. Two all americans ,and Division 1 recruits at every position including Maryland, Hopkins, Penn State etc. etc etc . 4th place finish and 1 playoff win,, Woopie!

Mt Sinai reign is over yet the coach is still chairman of the AA committee They had a a few too, no surprise there.



First off Riverhead and Sinai have zero actual AA, that honorable mention stuff is essentially just a made up award , not recognized by US lacrosse . Second I have no problem with Bertolone chairing the AA committee as he knows the players as well as anyone. Third the failure of Riverhead as a team has little to do with the coach , its the parents and their attitudes that trickle down to the kids so the chemistry is horrendous, that and honestly the players are listening to the parents more the coach.


Long Island names players US Lacrosse All American Honorable Mention?? That's funny. Hint - it's a made up award when the All Americans are listed on the US Lacrosse website and there's nothing to be found about Honorable Mentions.


There are 8 US Lacrosse AA's. The other 20+ kids received a made up coaches award not recognized by US Lacrosse. Those kids are considered the best All County players in Suffolk. Coaches should have used a different name for the award - something like 1st and 2nd Team Suffolk County. Do not use the term AA at all because it is very misleading. Why is an additional award needed at all. You are All County or you are AA - enough with the "everyone gets a medal" mentality.


I agree, call it something else. Now there are players claiming to be US Lacrosse AA when they are not.


If there are players listing themselves as US lacrosse honorable mention AA then they are lying and it could create problems , its the same as lying on a resume. I would think that US lacrosse may end up having something to say about it.


Well that posts says lying so not sure who is saying differently. And problems too. Mom is a toolbox

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #287265
06/22/19 07:16 AM
06/22/19 07:16 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
“This entire conversation is ridiculous. Move on!!! None of the girls were “lying” as someone claimed. They were in-fact given a plaque that said All American 2nd or 3rd team. My friends daughter received an AA 2nd team plaque, it does not say “honorable mention” anywhere on it. The girls listed what they received. If you have a problem with the awards that are given call section 11 & 8 and discuss it with them. I’m 100% sure the girls will not receive any backlash or problems down the road for listing an award they got in 10th or 11th grade. They didn’t claim to be AA 1st team. Let’s discuss some actual lacrosse, any good/bad summer lax going on?”

Couple issues with this . First I went back and reread all the posts . No one claimed the girls were “lying”. Second there is no US Lacrosse first , second etc team AA , there is only US Lacrosse AA. No one will claim to be US Lacrosse first team AA because there is no such thing. Not sure she still does it but CR used to run a money grab calling two teams of players LI AA at each age group , it’s the same thing that sections 11 ,8 have created . I believe it’s the second year they have done this and in my opinion it does diminish the past accomplishment of AA , you have gone from around 20 players yearly on LI who could claim to be AA to now around 80 . What those plaques do not say is US Lacrosse AA except for the top 20 or so . Don’t want to further this discussion but the guy who says he will not post again on the subject but can not control himself enough to not post has some issues . The mom may be a bit of a braggart but she has been in general correct .


You didn’t look back far enough, someone did indeed say the girls were lying:

“If there are players listing themselves as US lacrosse honorable mention AA then they are lying and it could create problems , its the same as lying on a resume. I would think that US lacrosse may end up having something to say about it.”

My point was that I highly doubt any of the teenagers that listed it did it as a lie or to be malicious.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #287266
06/22/19 07:53 AM
06/22/19 07:53 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Who cares! Worry about your own daughter! Don’t you people have anything better to do than stir up controversy over other people’s accomplishments and accolades? Unbelievable!

Reply Quote
Page 368 of 381 1 2 366 367 368 369 370 380 381
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification





Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1