BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,687
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 125 1 2 3 124 125
Girls High School
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is NCS going to be respectable this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is NCS? McDonogh will dominate again. IAAM should be competitive from 2nd thru 10. Interested to see how Glenelg Country does moving up to A conference from B conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
look out for manchester valley . north carroll closed so they got the best of both schools. should be a powerhouse. mcdonogh will go down this year by someone but then again everyone says that after 150 straight wins.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what is NCS? McDonogh will dominate again. IAAM should be competitive from 2nd thru 10. Interested to see how Glenelg Country does moving up to A conference from B conference.

Glenelg Country has a 2020 commit, to Penn State.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
look out for manchester valley . north carroll closed so they got the best of both schools. should be a powerhouse. mcdonogh will go down this year by someone but then again everyone says that after 150 straight wins.....
Yes! Manchester Valley will be strong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glenelg scrimmages McD so a win won't mean squat but it will be a good game nonetheless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Century usually gives McD some headaches as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glenelg scrimmages McD so a win won't mean squat but it will be a good game nonetheless
If you say so. Keep an eye on SPSG and Century will be in it to win it as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great game yesterday at McDonogh, vs Garrison Forest School. McDonogh pulled out a real close game 13-11. at one point the game was 10-9, and Garrison scored, but the goal was called back for shooting space foul. McDonogh ended up stopping the ensuing shot and scored on a fastbreak. McDonogh then went to a stall ball approach to kill the clock.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame Prep had an impressive win... BC Commit with a great game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to seeing how Mount de Sales does against McD this Saturday. The new coach looks like he has the team firing on all cylinders and they can really show their growth and development under him. I’m really looking forward to the draw middies’ matchup – that’s going to be back and forth all game. And with the experienced senior leadership on defense this year – they will definitely show their metal.

This will be a good barometer for Mount de Sales to see how well this season will progress.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to seeing how Mount de Sales does against McD this Saturday. The new coach looks like he has the team firing on all cylinders and they can really show their growth and development under him. I’m really looking forward to the draw middies’ matchup – that’s going to be back and forth all game. And with the experienced senior leadership on defense this year – they will definitely show their metal.

This will be a good barometer for Mount de Sales to see how well this season will progress.
Do not see a competitive game here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to disagree. MDSA is on an upward trajectory. The new coaches are breathing new life into this program. It is really starting to gel. The D is tough as nails and there are some middies that can really move the ball in transitions. There are sniper feeders on attack with tall girls that can finish. This is going to be closer than everyone thinks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is McD does not win by at least 10, consider it a major victory for MDSA. The athletes at the 2 schools are in completely different leagues, and new coach is not in Chris Robinson's league..fact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The new MDSA coach is no comparison to MG. she is one of the best coaches out there. Mcd will win by at least 12 tomorrow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did MG ever have a winning season with MDSA??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MCD 21 MDSA 6

MCD was up by 12 at the half and 15 with 10 minutes left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So McDonough only scored 5 goals in the second half? That don't sound right.

Did I hear correctly that Brendan Mundorf is one of the coaches at DeSales?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You did not hear correctly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You did not hear correctly.

Matthew Mundorf is a coach at MDSA, not Brendan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DeSales is coming together as a team - they just had two close losses. The girls could finally be buying into the new system. It probably will not be long until they get over the hump and start firing on all cylinders. It would not surprise me if that happens during the next game or two. They could end up surprising some people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yet DeSales drops one to a B conference team Severn, yea "really coming together as a team"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yet DeSales drops one to a B conference team Severn, yea "really coming together as a team"

Severn is in the A conference for girls lacrosse. They are B for field hockey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Severn is an A conference team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better add wm in the running. Knocked off mc today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi all. I'm new to this, specifically to the public high schools playoffs. How are the playoff matchups and schedules set up? I noticed that we only have about a week left in the regular/county season. Someone had mentioned something about a regional format.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big Game today: NDP vs MCD.

Who does everyone have?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MPSSAA lacrosse brackets are out. Some of these sections are ridiculous. How can they talk about travel distance when Manchester Valley is in the South Region?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glenelg walks through the states in MD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glenelg walks through the states in MD

If they make it out of their region - the rest should be a stroll.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first round of the MPSSAA playoffs are done. Did anyone hear of any "bracket busters"? Or surprises?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the high school season has almost come to an end, I would like to throw out an option for those senior players that still haven't found a college lacrosse home yet. My daughter plays for Anne Arundel Community College and they had a very good season this year, making it to the national semi-finals. AACC is just a couple of good players away from getting back to the national tournament next season and I know there are quite a few good players in the Annapolis/Baltimore area who are wanting to continue to play college lacrosse while getting a great education at the same time, at a nice low price. AACC has a long history of players who have moved on to 4 year schools, too. Also, AACC's women's lacrosse team is D1 in the NJCAA and has the option of giving an athletic scholarship. Let me say again, I am a parent and am not affiliated with the school or team, officially. But, I do know they are good and can get better with a couple of good players. We all know that there's always the player who changes her mind in the fall or doesn't go back to the college after winter break, wants to stay local or the family has financial limits. AACC is looking for you too. If interested in staying local and playing, getting a great education and spending less money for it is something you may be interested, please go to the AACC Athletics webpage and send the coach a message via the recruit questionnaire.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With private school tryouts wrapping up, will anyone knock off McD this year? Will the coaching change have an impact?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With private school tryouts wrapping up, will anyone knock off McD this year? Will the coaching change have an impact?

Archbishop Spalding will be improved this year. Will they be able to beat McDonough? Probably not, but the scores will be much closer than in the past.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

McDonogh not be the same. Nancy Love is the interim coach and the Associate Head of Upper School and Director of Boarding at McDonogh. Earlier this year several McDonogh student/athletes were expelled for rape and sexual assaults inside the McDonogh dorms. I'm surpised she still retained her job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

McDonogh not be the same. Nancy Love is the interim coach and the Associate Head of Upper School and Director of Boarding at McDonogh. Earlier this year several McDonogh student/athletes were expelled for rape and sexual assaults inside the McDonogh dorms. I'm surpised she still retained her job.

It was so unnecessary to bring that to this forum. There was no need to go into detail.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

It was so unnecessary to bring that to this forum. There was no need to go into detail.

Yes, it was so well covered up until now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Does he any any ties to this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Ok I agree we should "bottle" up this conversation not fuel the rumors "running" around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any of the private school rosters out yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Does he any any ties to this?

No. This was an unrelated incident.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

That cant be true. Nothing was ever in paper about that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of things happen at McDonogh that don’t reach the papers....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Police are involved ..it will be public. I call BS on this too. Easy to say anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Police are involved ..it will be public. I call BS on this too. Easy to say anything.

It was in the paper. The school does a very good job of keeping things quiet though. The parent having sex with a student was kept quiet much longer than you would think a couple years ago as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was in the paper. The school does a very good job of keeping things quiet though. The parent having sex with a student was kept quiet much longer than you would think a couple years ago as well.

Big deal.. a couple of students actually had a fight! The horror! Far cry from rape, assault, etc..

""""“It’s closed at this point. We’ve completed our investigation and have been unable to substantiate any of the allegations,” said spokesman Cpl. Shawn Vinson.""""

"""Investigators conducted several interviews about an alleged assault last month but were unable to get enough to conduct a criminal investigation. He said the case could be reopened if more information or evidence was found. Vinson described the allegations only as an assault between male students.""""

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big deal.. a couple of students actually had a fight! The horror! Far cry from rape, assault, etc..

""""“It’s closed at this point. We’ve completed our investigation and have been unable to substantiate any of the allegations,” said spokesman Cpl. Shawn Vinson.""""

"""Investigators conducted several interviews about an alleged assault last month but were unable to get enough to conduct a criminal investigation. He said the case could be reopened if more information or evidence was found. Vinson described the allegations only as an assault between male students.""""

Ok Biff

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Biff

That was a quote from Police?? What does biff and your BS have to do with it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Biff

That was a quote from Police?? What does biff and your BS have to do with it

Because it wasn’t a fight between a couple students. Not even close. If that’s all it was the consequences wouldn’t have been what they were.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s how they fight in prison!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The police are involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The new McDonogh coach is the Director of Boarding at the school. Curious how she still has a job after what went down there. Just expelling the kids involved is not sufficient. Some adult should be held accountable for what went on. I am sure the school will be sued by the parents of the Freshman boys involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will beat McDonogh this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will beat McDonogh this year?

3 schools will.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the schools publish rosters? I keep looking at Madlax. Not sure how that website works though...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the schools publish rosters? I keep looking at Madlax. Not sure how that website works though...

Wrong forum

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax? Why are you looking at a boy's club website for girl's high school team rosters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you thinking of MaxPreps?
I do think it is important to see who made certain teams especially in the private schools. It’s interesting to see who moved onto what schools
from the club lacrosse days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you thinking of MaxPreps?
I do think it is important to see who made certain teams especially in the private schools. It’s interesting to see who moved onto what schools
from the club lacrosse days.

Interesting yes. Not sure it’s important.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s important to keep it interesting!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's up with a kid who's been on topguns black (2020) since 5th grade now being on her 3rd year of JV at wantagh. Who got it wrong?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's up with a kid who's been on topguns black (2020) since 5th grade now being on her 3rd year of JV at wantagh. Who got it wrong?

You realize this is the MD forum and none of us know who you are talking about? We all think top guns stinks anyway so it’s not surprising.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since you are clearly very concerned about this, maybe you should speak with her parents to get the answers you need. I’m sure they would love to discuss this with you. If it doesn’t affect you why do you care what level she is playing on? Seriously, you must have something better than this to worry about. Also, if your intention was for all of LI to see this you probably shouldn’t post it on the MD forum. U2twz

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG black lost most of the good players 3-4 years ago, whoever is left on the team is there for a reason - no other options

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s funny!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG black lost most of the good players 3-4 years ago, whoever is left on the team is there for a reason - no other options

Hey....I know you....you are the troll. Whatcha doing in MD. Gone ghetto I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big congrats to Glenelg Country and Maryvale for pulling off big upsets this week!!! Exciting stuff early in the IAAM A conference early in the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The natives are restless at Mcdonogh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kind of a random posting about a team that is still undefeated. Care to elaborate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We’ll do tell and leave nothing out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you're gonna drop this little nugget and then disappear?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Congratulations to NDP and Mac Ford

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Guenthner
Congratulations to NDP and Mac Ford

Nice of you to register and post that a week after the game.lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taylor Cummings has been named the new McDonogh varsity lacrosse coach.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank Nancy Love for stepping in as the interim Head Coach of the girls varsity lacrosse team for the 2018 season. Nancy went above and beyond the call of duty and did an outstanding job along with her assistants, Taylor Cummings '12, Mary Beth Todd '02, and Eva Winiarski. We will be forever grateful to Nancy for her time, expertise, and love for the team. We know the girls will always remember how she made them feel—valued, important, and proud to be a part of a special legacy.

After 14 years of complete dedication to the team, Nancy has decided it is time to step away from her role as a varsity coach. Although, she is quick to add that she will always be there to support the girls and the coaches off the field in any way that would be helpful. Nancy will continue her administrative responsibilities as Associate Head of Upper School and Director of Boarding.

As we look to the 2019 season, we are happy to announce that Taylor Cummings will be the new Girls Varsity Lacrosse Head Coach. She will also teach physical education classes beginning this fall. Taylor was a Golden Eagle during her high school years at McDonogh, playing varsity soccer, basketball, and lacrosse. She was also The Baltimore Sun's Athlete of the Year in 2011 and 2012. Taylor went on to the University of Maryland where she led the Terps to two NCAA tournament titles and was the first-ever three-time winner of the Tewaaraton Award, which is presented annually to the most outstanding American college lacrosse player. Since graduating from Maryland, Taylor has focused her attention on growing the game of lacrosse and hosting clinics and camps. She is also Regional Director for WPLL Futures, a national program for high school girls that focuses on lacrosse, character, and leadership.

Mary Beth Todd and Eva Winiarski will continue to be assistant coaches. Mary Beth, who was a standout soccer, basketball, and lacrosse player at McDonogh and played soccer at the University of Delaware, is Head of our Physical Education Department, a dorm parent, and a member of McDonogh's Athletic Hall of Fame. Eva, who played lacrosse at Drexel University and was captain of the 2017 team, teaches Middle School language arts and coaches Middle School field hockey and basketball.

Please join us in thanking Nancy for everything she has done for the girls lacrosse program over the years and welcoming Taylor back to the Nest in her new role as Head Coach! We are confident that Taylor's knowledge of the game, as well as her passion, work ethic, and boundless energy, will have a positive impact on the girls and the program in the years to come.

-------------------------------------------------------

I hope you are having a fantastic ending to the 2018 school year and are enjoying all of the festivities that come along with it. I've met some of you through assisting with this year's varsity program and others from various camps and clinics, but I wanted to take a moment to personally introduce myself to the McDonogh girls lacrosse community as a whole.

For those of you I haven't met, my name is Taylor Cummings, and I am excited to be the new Head Coach of the Girls Varsity Lacrosse program. I graduated from McDonogh in 2012 and went on to play at the University of Maryland for the next four years. After graduating in 2016, I started my own company that provides lacrosse training through camps and clinics across the country. I also play for the U.S. Women's National Team.

My most recent job, however, is one of my very favorite experiences. This spring, I had the incredible honor of working with McDonogh's varsity program under my former coach and incredible mentor, Nancy Love, and alongside two other amazing coaches and people, Mary Beth Todd '02 and Eva Winiarski. Along with our group of unbelievably talented young women, we had an incredibly successful season.

As you can probably tell, lacrosse has most certainly become my life. It has not only kept me healthy and fulfilled my competitive drive, but it has been the vehicle through which I have learned some of life's challenging lessons. I've had my share of successes and failures on and off the field, and I have been able to navigate all of them because of everything I've learned through this sport. More so, over my years of playing and coaching, I've had incredible opportunities to form relationships, friendships, and memories that will last a lifetime.

Mary Beth, Eva, and I are tremendously invested in providing these same opportunities and helping players become successful young women at McDonogh and beyond. We are committed to using lacrosse to help student-athletes learn life lessons, build character, and develop invaluable and intangible skills they will use throughout their lives. In addition, we want every player to have fun and grow as a person and player each and every day.

This philosophy is not only relevant to the varsity program but to every level and age group within the McDonogh community. I want you to know that the coaching staff and players are looking forward to sharing our love of the sport with girls of all ages (PK-12) through on-field instruction and meaningful off-field interaction.

I am so honored, humbled, and immensely thankful for this incredible opportunity, and I cannot wait to get started. If you have any questions or would like to meet with me in person, please feel free to reach out. The more we can all get to know one another, the better our program will be as a whole. Thank you for your time. GO EAGLES!!

Sincerely,

Taylor Cummings '12

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More money to make!!! only job is to coach girls lax. Probably has unlimited use of the facilities. Will probably start up an NGLL South league, start a club M&D South. setup tourneys in Florida. roll in cash!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how the “uncommitted” roster works? Would those selected already know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how the “uncommitted” roster works? Would those selected already know?

according to UALax website:

UNCOMMITTED SHOWCASE

Each year there are very talented players who are on the cusp of making the regional Underclass teams, but are not selected. Aside from the 22 players chosen for each team, four uncommitted (to college) players from each of the graduating classes will be invited to compete and showcase themselves in front of scores of coaches at Towson University on Under Armour All-America Weekend.

A total of 48 players in each of the graduating classes – 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 – for both boys and girls will be invited to participate event weekend. Players will be selected by the regional evaluators and coaches after the final regional teams are picked. Teams will be divided accordingly.

*You must have participated in the regional tryouts to be eligible for the Underclass Showcase.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but there is currently a NCAA proposal to change the recruiting calendar to allow contact starting 6/15 after 10th grade and visits and offers to begin 8/1. This would change the current date of 9/1 of junior year for all contact. This proposal has been recommended by the NCAA Student-Athlete Experience Committee for all sports but Football, Basketball, Baseball and Hockey. This proposal was approved for a final vote in April by the NCAA Council. This week the ACC has submitted a request to amend this proposal to keep the 9/1 date for lacrosse. This will now also be voted on in April. I'm not sure if most of you agree, but the current 9/1 date has several issues. First off, we are all forced to blindly spend money for our kids to attend camps, clinics, etc. While we can hear if a school has "general interest" some schools don't even offer that much. Allowing contact on 6/15 would make it possible to have real discussions with the coaches to gauge their actual level of interest, where the player is on their list and other useful information. It also provides an opportunity to being to create a relationship with the coaches that will be coaching your child for 4 years. As you all are aware, the 9/1 date does not remove the recruiting pressure on the kids. Coaches still watch the games years prior to that date. If anything the pressure is worse because the kids have no idea where they stand. Moving the visit date to 8/1 also allows the kids to more easily play fall sports. Most soccer, field hockey, football coaches aren't going to be too thrilled with kids missing Friday and weekend practices or even games because they need to go visit colleges for lacrosse. Coaches say they want multiple sport athletes yet pass rules that make it very difficult to play a fall sport junior year.

It has been expressed to me that it would be very beneficial for as many parents as possible to send letters/emails to the chair of the NCAA council prior to the April vote expressing concerns with the 9/1 date and support for the new proposal which is Proposal 2018-93. I am including the email below for the current and incoming Chairs. I hope we as a community can come together and try to make sure this positive change can pass.

Current Chair:
Blake James bjames@miami.edu
Incoming Chair:
Dr. M. Grace Calhoun athdir@pobox.upenn.edu

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the IAAM looking like this year? McDonogh graduated a ton, but have a ton coming back. Interesting to see how Taylor does in her first year as coach. NDP graduated a ton, but not sure what they have left, They practically dress half the school on the sideline. Spalding or Glenelg Country have a shot? Bryn Mawr and Roland Park?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the IAAM looking like this year? McDonogh graduated a ton, but have a ton coming back. Interesting to see how Taylor does in her first year as coach. NDP graduated a ton, but not sure what they have left, They practically dress half the school on the sideline. Spalding or Glenelg Country have a shot? Bryn Mawr and Roland Park?

Top 4
1. NDP
2. McD
3. SPSG
4. GCS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 4
1. NDP
2. McD
3. SPSG
4. GCS

I’d put GCS as the top seed going in and probably MCD as two. Don’t believe the the bs SPSG would not do any better then last year they’ll finish mid pack again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 4
1. NDP
2. McD
3. SPSG
4. GCS

I’d put GCS as the top seed going in and probably MCD as two. Don’t believe the the bs SPSG would not do any better then last year they’ll finish mid pack again.

NDP wins the next two. They could field two competitive teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 4
1. NDP
2. McD
3. SPSG
4. GCS

NDP wins the next two. They could field two competitive teams.

1. GCS
2. NDP
3. McD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who does NDP have coming back? Any big time freshman coming in

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a lot of talented freshmen coming in, however NDP doesn’t have the room for them on Varsity. Their JV will be the strongest out there because of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a lot of talented freshmen coming in, however NDP doesn’t have the room for them on Varsity. Their JV will be the strongest out there because of it.

I can only speak to NDP's sophomore class. They have several SW and several TLC players. The rest of the top club players in town are split between McDonough and St Pauls and then sprinkled among the rest of the schools in town. That group of NDP sophomores is very, very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Marys has a chance to be really good. Everyone pretty much returns from last year and they picked up a solid 2020 goalie that transferred. A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can only speak to NDP's sophomore class. They have several SW and several TLC players. The rest of the top club players in town are split between McDonough and St Pauls and then sprinkled among the rest of the schools in town. That group of NDP sophomores is very, very good.

Glenelg Country has a very good senior class but very young after that..2 jr, 4 soph and 13 fresh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully someone can take down McD but every year the parents of NDP and the other preps talk trash because they have a D on the team. Every year their is an excuse about the coaching or injuries etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully someone can take down McD but every year the parents of NDP and the other preps talk trash because they have a D on the team. Every year their is an excuse about the coaching or injuries etc.

Every year parents of ALL schools, not just NDP, talk trash about how they will beat McD and then don’t. Well, except NDP. They have earned the right to talk trash.
It will be a good year for a lot of schools. The 2022 class is a very talented one across the board and that will make for some really good lacrosse games this season.
Good luck to everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The talent on the 21 SW team is at JC, SPSG, BM, McD and Gerstell. None of the 2021 SW girls at NDP are difference makers. There is one TLC 2021 girl at NDP that is good. I'd ease up on the very, very good talk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there such a thing as lacrosse scholarships for girls high school sports? Which schools? Or do they just hide through financial aid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there such a thing as lacrosse scholarships for girls high school sports? Which schools? Or do they just hide through financial aid?

Gerstell openly advertises athletic scholarships. Other schools hide behind financial aid and named scholarships where part of the criteria is athletic prowess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top 2021's in the area are at McD, SPSG, Glenelg Country and a lot are at public schools. Bryn Mawr has a few. SPSG has 12 2021 girls from M&D, SW, Heros and TLC. McD has half that but they are all good players. GCS has most of the top Heros girls. You use the excuse that most of the NDP freshman weren't on varsity last year because there are so many players there. But if that's the case shouldn't NDP's JV team have been better last year?

NDP lost a ton of talent from last year's team. And contrary to popular belief there isn't a bunch of talent there to replace them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour 150 emails went out. Is there a consensus on this event?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$$$ grab. No top girls went last year. Not a good list of colleges attending.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Notre Dame, Syracuse, Hopkins, Loyola, Florida... when did they fall off the “good list”?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Financial aid packages are available if you are a great lacrosse player. This is how Mcd and preps stay loaded with talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Notre Dame, Syracuse, Hopkins, Loyola, Florida... when did they fall off the “good list”?

If you think it's worth all the money by all means shell it out. Chris will appreciate it I'm sure. There's a reason all the top players stopped attending.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think it's worth all the money by all means shell it out. Chris will appreciate it I'm sure. There's a reason all the top players stopped attending.

Everyone who says this is not worthwhile either did apply in time or did not get accepted. it's not any more expensive than similar tournaments and the list of colleges attending is much better than last year.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

What about for a 2021 from a "non-traditional area"? Plays on a good club team. Would it be a worthwhile event to measure herself against other players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone who says this is not worthwhile either did apply in time or did not get accepted. it's not any more expensive than similar tournaments and the list of colleges attending is much better than last year.

Funny. This is always the response. I bet your daughter was selected as an all star last year at the UA150 and you made sure to tell everyone about it to.

Maybe my daughter attended two years ago and saw how useless it was. My daughter was invited last year but did not attend. But from what I was told last year was no better other than they gave out a lot of swag to make up for the lack of coaches. As I've said, none of the top girls attend anymore. Look at last year's rosters. Their still up on the site. There are hardly any M&D, SW, YJ 2021 girls. On the bright side it's much easier to get an invite now. In fact, both the Nike 120 and UA 150 were still sending out emails trying to get girls to attend only a few weeks out from the event last year.

By all means spend the money for a day and a half of lacrosse if you want. There is no instruction going on. It is what it is. The girls are in high school. They should be trying to make their regional Under Armour teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

What about for a 2021 from a "non-traditional area"? Plays on a good club team. Would it be a worthwhile event to measure herself against other players?

The top players aren't going to be at UA 150. So not sure it's the best place to measure herself against them. If it's a non-traditional area, you should have a good shot at making the Schoolgirls team or UA Underclass team. Those two events have tons of coaches and don't cost much(UA Underclass is free if you make the team). Other than that, you are much better off spending the money going to a couple camps of schools that your daughter is interested in. Especially if those schools have shown interest in your daughter. At this point most girls should know some schools that are interested in her. Plan your summer accordingly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny. This is always the response. I bet your daughter was selected as an all star last year at the UA150 and you made sure to tell everyone about it to.

Maybe my daughter attended two years ago and saw how useless it was. My daughter was invited last year but did not attend. But from what I was told last year was no better other than they gave out a lot of swag to make up for the lack of coaches. As I've said, none of the top girls attend anymore. Look at last year's rosters. Their still up on the site. There are hardly any M&D, SW, YJ 2021 girls. On the bright side it's much easier to get an invite now. In fact, both the Nike 120 and UA 150 were still sending out emails trying to get girls to attend only a few weeks out from the event last year.

By all means spend the money for a day and a half of lacrosse if you want. There is no instruction going on. It is what it is. The girls are in high school. They should be trying to make their regional Under Armour teams.

Lets dissect your wandering response:
1. I bet your daughter was selected as an all star last year at the UA150 and you made sure to tell everyone about it to.

My daughter did not attend nor apply last year so therefore I did not tell anyone about it.

2. Maybe my daughter attended two years ago and saw how useless it was.

Did she attend or not..it's a pretty simple answer

3. My daughter was invited last year but did not attend.

Wait a minute. If she maybe attended 2 years ago and saw how useless it was why did she apply again last year. I'm stumped

4. By all means spend the money for a day and a half of lacrosse if you want. There is no instruction going on

No where on the UA 150 webiste does it say anything about instruction. It's about the games and the Parisi combine

5. They should be trying to make their regional Under Armour teams.

My daughter was on the UA All American Baltimore Command team last year..was yours?

Like I said it's usually the parents who did not apply in time or weren't accepted that belittle these type of events. I saw it last year with the UA All American games. Parent's who were late in applying or who's kid did not make the cut belittled the tournament as useless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top players aren't going to be at UA 150. So not sure it's the best place to measure herself against them. If it's a non-traditional area, you should have a good shot at making the Schoolgirls team or UA Underclass team. Those two events have tons of coaches and don't cost much(UA Underclass is free if you make the team). Other than that, you are much better off spending the money going to a couple camps of schools that your daughter is interested in. Especially if those schools have shown interest in your daughter. At this point most girls should know some schools that are interested in her. Plan your summer accordingly.

apparently many of the area's top 22's and 21'su are going this year. Word was out on the college list for 2019

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

apparently many of the area's top 22's and 21'su are going this year. Word was out on the college list for 2019

Not sure who you are talking to, but the top 2021s are not going to UA 150 this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. I bet your daughter was selected as an all star last year at the UA150 and you made sure to tell everyone about it to.

My daughter did not attend nor apply last year so therefore I did not tell anyone about it.

Wait a minute. If she maybe attended 2 years ago and saw how useless it was why did she apply again last year. I'm stumped

4. By all means spend the money for a day and a half of lacrosse if you want. There is no instruction going on

No where on the UA 150 webiste does it say anything about instruction. It's about the games and the Parisi combine

My daughter was on the UA All American Baltimore Command team last year..was yours?

Like I said it's usually the parents who did not apply in time or weren't accepted that belittle these type of events. I saw it last year with the UA All American games. Parent's who were late in applying or who's kid did not make the cut belittled the tournament as useless

My daughter was also on UA Underclass team last year. Went to UA 150 and Nike 120 two years ago. They were both a waste of time and money. She applied because we had not yet made a decision on whether she would go again but when the time came we decided not to spend the money. Instead she went to 2 college camps last summer for not much more money.

My comment about instruction was in comparison in what you get for the money when you go to a camp. Playing 6 games in front of mostly D3 coaches is not worth the exorbitant fees in my opinion. There are games being played on 4 fields. You will be lucky for your daughter to be watched twice over a 2 day span by any of the few good D1 schools.

What exactly is the benefit of the Parisi Combine? There is none. Do you really think college coaches give a darn about the results?

These used to be great events when they were held in January. Tons of coaches came as it was during their down time. When they changed the recruiting calendar it ruined them. Coaches are on the road every weekend watching tournament games all summer. UA 150 is the week between Nike G8 and Mid-Atlantic. It's easy for Maryland, Loyola, Navy, etc to attend as they're local. USC is always there because they just stay on east coast that week. Most coaches don't want to stay in MD all week after being in Jersey that weekend, they want to go home for a few days.

The event serves a purpose for certain kids. As long as your expectations are not too high in terms of exposure by all means go ahead and attend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rather my daughter spend $600 and get seen by 3 coaches on her list than spend the same amount on one camp where you get instruction from current players, some who never touch the field. I guess this is where that “to each his own” statement comes into play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter was also on UA Underclass team last year. Went to UA 150 and Nike 120 two years ago. They were both a waste of time and money. She applied because we had not yet made a decision on whether she would go again but when the time came we decided not to spend the money. Instead she went to 2 college camps last summer for not much more money.

My comment about instruction was in comparison in what you get for the money when you go to a camp. Playing 6 games in front of mostly D3 coaches is not worth the exorbitant fees in my opinion. There are games being played on 4 fields. You will be lucky for your daughter to be watched twice over a 2 day span by any of the few good D1 schools.

What exactly is the benefit of the Parisi Combine? There is none. Do you really think college coaches give a darn about the results?

These used to be great events when they were held in January. Tons of coaches came as it was during their down time. When they changed the recruiting calendar it ruined them. Coaches are on the road every weekend watching tournament games all summer. UA 150 is the week between Nike G8 and Mid-Atlantic. It's easy for Maryland, Loyola, Navy, etc to attend as they're local. USC is always there because they just stay on east coast that week. Most coaches don't want to stay in MD all week after being in Jersey that weekend, they want to go home for a few days.

The event serves a purpose for certain kids. As long as your expectations are not too high in terms of exposure by all means go ahead and attend.

thanks for your approval to attend, it means so much. BTW there are no college camps or these types events that will have over 35 colleges attending and they are a mixture of Top D1 all the way through NAIA. The more exposure the more options for schools to pick from. Even the UA All American games did not draw that many coaches for the Command or Highlight Underclass games. Yes college coaches do care about the speed results from the combine because you CANNOT TEACH SPEED..any college coach in any sport will tell you that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please do not listen to this person...if your daughter applied and was excepted then by all means have her go. It cannot be a bad thing to be seen by head or assistant coaches from all or any of these colleges. Their bad experience may be your good experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
enough on the merits of the UA 150. Lets get back to the HS spring season.

what schools will be good in the Public schools? 4A?, 3A? 2A? 1A?

how about the IAAM B & C divison

Can Taylor Cummings be a successful head coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course coaches like speed. Do you really think coaches go look at the results from the UA 150 parisi combine though? Of course not.

The UA Underclass games are free to play in as opposed to the crazy high fee for UA150. And you're crazy if you don't think there weren't more coaches from top D1 schools there than UA150.

UA150 costs twice as much as it should for what is provided. You get less exposure there than you will at G8 the weekend before or Mid-Atlantic the weekend after. If the goal is to just play games in front of college coaches tournaments blow UA150 out of the water. Camps are better if your daughter is interested in the school and wants to be able to actually interact with the coaches and current players and get a feel for the program.

Again, to each their own.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Per the above mention, trying to figure out what coaches will be there this year. I can only find the 2018 list. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course coaches like speed. Do you really think coaches go look at the results from the UA 150 parisi combine though? Of course not.

The UA Underclass games are free to play in as opposed to the crazy high fee for UA150. And you're crazy if you don't think there weren't more coaches from top D1 schools there than UA150.

UA150 costs twice as much as it should for what is provided. You get less exposure there than you will at G8 the weekend before or Mid-Atlantic the weekend after. If the goal is to just play games in front of college coaches tournaments blow UA150 out of the water. Camps are better if your daughter is interested in the school and wants to be able to actually interact with the coaches and current players and get a feel for the program.

once again, thanks for your approval

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

once again, thanks for your approval

You're right. They asked for an honest response on if the UA 150. It's the best $600 you can spend.

That better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Per the above mention, trying to figure out what coaches will be there this year. I can only find the 2018 list. Thanks.[/quote]

On the home page there is a box scrolling through this year's college list. Definitely includes names that aren't on the 2018 list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Other than that, you are much better off spending the money going to a couple camps of schools that your daughter is interested in. Especially if those schools have shown interest in your daughter. At this point most girls should know some schools that are interested in her. Plan your summer accordingly."
[/quote]

What if girls don't know where they are interested in going or who is interested in them yet? Especially 2022's? Might be better served for now to be at UA in front of a variety of schools than going a specific school's summer camp yet. Looks like a good variety of schools. True that not a lot of players from top-tier teams were on the rosters the past years. And lack of high level schools. But now that recruiting guidelines have changed, it could have an effect on the caliber of this event - both in terms of colleges and players. A couple of years ago top girls were already committed by the time they were the ages of this year's UA150 players. I don't know the answers. But things to think about.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Per the above mention, trying to figure out what coaches will be there this year. I can only find the 2018 list. Thanks.

On the home page there is a box scrolling through this year's college list. Definitely includes names that aren't on the 2018 list. [/quote]

I hadn't focused on the scroll - I see now. Much appreciated!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big roster. A third of those girls are seniors that will never play I assume?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That roster is bigger than most colleges....14-16 girls will see the field ...at most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seniors and Freshman that pay the coach $100 a hour for personal training haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't that a serious conflict of interest when the coach TC is also a private lessons instructor using school property for lessons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't that a serious conflict of interest when the coach TC is also a private lessons instructor using school property for lessons.

This happens at a lot more schools than McD... whether its private lessons or club affiliation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes but just being on the team will get them recruited to sit on a bench for a college team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes but just being on the team will get them recruited to sit on a bench for a college team

Well aren’t you snarky. Guessing your daughter was either recently cut or kept a lot of metal warm when she played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI-what a waste of $$$. Let your D be a huge star at Public HS instead of paying money to sit the bench . College coaches don't watch HS lax just check the stats . I pulled my D from prep school 28,000 a year to public and she is committed to Ivy school now -go figure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI-what a waste of $$$. Let your D be a huge star at Public HS instead of paying money to sit the bench . College coaches don't watch HS lax just check the stats . I pulled my D from prep school 28,000 a year to public and she is committed to Ivy school now -go figure.

depends on your view of what a 'waste' is. many of these girls playing lax in private schools are not paying full price anyway. if you D is playing in the IAAM A then they are playing against top competition every game and probably in practice making them better for the summer club season when the college coaches are watching. My guess your daughter was getting into an Ivy regardless of a public or private education. Congrats and good for her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

depends on your view of what a 'waste' is. many of these girls playing lax in private schools are not paying full price anyway. if you D is playing in the IAAM A then they are playing against top competition every game and probably in practice making them better for the summer club season when the college coaches are watching. My guess your daughter was getting into an Ivy regardless of a public or private education. Congrats and good for her.

I know people say high school isn't important for recruiting but it is important in training. High school coaches get your daughter 6 times a week for 2 months. Club is twic a week for 2 hours. Playing on a good high school team goes a far way in making them better players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know people say high school isn't important for recruiting but it is important in training. High school coaches get your daughter 6 times a week for 2 months. Club is twic a week for 2 hours. Playing on a good high school team goes a far way in making them better players.

How much of a sales job is needed to convince your daughter that it's a good thing she's sitting at the tail end of a 40 man roster at a private school but, in the long run, the practices are worth it to further her career in college? Good god, high school sports should be about actually playing, if they have the ability, since they only have 4 years to enjoy it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sales pitch was the need to be at the private school in the first place. You will find this out but when the kids get recruited -the teams that will want them will not be the schools they want to attend academically. IAAM is great competition for HS lacrosse but most of the kids on the bench will not see the field in college either so pick the right fit for your child and if it doesnt work out -walk away from lacrosse. Also put that money in a 529 account instead of prep school coffers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sales pitch was the need to be at the private school in the first place. You will find this out but when the kids get recruited -the teams that will want them will not be the schools they want to attend academically. IAAM is great competition for HS lacrosse but most of the kids on the bench will not see the field in college either so pick the right fit for your child and if it doesnt work out -walk away from lacrosse. Also put that money in a 529 account instead of prep school coffers.

only go to a private prep if you are recruited by the coach. If you are on the coaches wish list then you are probably on varsity as freshmen and getting some playing time from the start... also probably getting a nice break in tuition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's the same sales pitch given by the top few clubs around MD to pad their rosters and increase the amount of money brought in by each team to the clubs' bank accounts. Nothing will replace playing time. Suddenly there's this pitch that being on the tale end a certain club teams' roster is "great" because even if you don't play you're "practicing with the best". And parents actually buy it. Yes you're on a winning team but if you're not in the top half of the team it's useless.

Man I wish I came up with this lie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something else to consider... - better yet here is the real truth that should be told...
The college lacrosse coaches will not let the contact date be moved up because these coaches are now making too much money from their camps.
Coaches want recruiting pushed back because coaches make huge money from the extra two years of camps from the Sophomore and Junior players who now go.
Coaches did not push recruiting back because it "was in the best interest of the players" they pushed it back because "it was in the best interest of coaches' pocketbooks". Follow the money!
Coaches want you to believe it is an amazing coincidence that the extra two months of July and August that the coaches claim "are needed so the players can mature" just happen to be the exact two months when coaches run their camps. What an amazing coincidence!
Players do not magically mature in July & August. It is because July and August are when coaches run their money making camps.
Sorry players, the NCAA, just like US Lacrosse, will put the money before the players.
By the way...
-Proposal 2018-93 is for June 15th contact
-Proposal 2018-93-2 is for Sept 1st contact
Please email:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
and tell them to vote June 15th not Sept 1st

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SR from DC scrimmaged McD Varsity up 8-6 at the half, ended up losing 11-10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

final scores for scrimmages mean nothing. most teams are playing everyone if possible to see what they have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the Maryland Public Schools going to be this year? Did Glenelg lose many girls? Hereford, Westminster should be pretty good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches gave every McDonogh player playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you say about college coaches is just not true of all of them. I spoke to a college coach about a month ago who is in favor of the contact date being moved to June. In fact, I believe the coaches are the ones who suggested to change. We will see how the vote goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches gave every McDonogh player playing time.

False. Every McDonogh player did not play in that game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you say about college coaches is just not true of all of them. I spoke to a college coach about a month ago who is in favor of the contact date being moved to June. In fact, I believe the coaches are the ones who suggested to change. We will see how the vote goes.

The coaches did not suggest the change to 6/15. The NCAA Student Athlete Experience Committee did after a multi-year study. The IWLCA and IMLCA decided at their conferences this fall to submit a proposal to remove lacrosse from the 6/15 proposal. This was submitted by the ACC for vote in April. There are multiple versions of the proposal up for vote and lacrosse has requested to keep 9/1. I agree there are coaches that think 6/15 is a good idea, but the coach associations have selfishly requested to keep 9/1. Send emails!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like they are coming up to NY play Manhasset. That will be fun. Also notice Manhasset will be going to CALIFORNIA to play Torrey Pines mid season. That has to be a first. Pretty crazy that they would travel to California. Wonder if Torrey Pines subsidized part of that trip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Glenelg should repeat (again). Century has improved (several transfers from South Carroll), not sure about Hereford but they always seem to be contenders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Preseason top 25

1.McDonogh School (Md.)
2.Manhasset (N.Y.)
3.Eastport South Manor (N.Y.)
4.Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)
5.Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
6.American Heritage (Fla.)
7.Bishop Ireton (D.C.)
8.Sts. Stephen's & Agnes (Va.)
9.Cold Spring Harbor (N.Y.)
10.Georgetown Visitation (D.C.)
11.Garden City (N.Y.)
12.Moorestown (N.J.)
13.Glenelg (Md.)
14.Christian Brothers Academy (N.Y.)
15.Darien (Conn.)
16.Ridgewood (N.J)
17.St. Paul's SG (Md.)
18.Northport (N.Y)
19.Holton-Arms School (Md.)
20.Summit (N.J)
21.Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
22.Episcopal Academy (Pa.)
23.New Canaan (Conn.)
24.Novato (Calif.)
25.Glenelg Country School (Md.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Preseason top 25

1.McDonogh School (Md.)
2.Manhasset (N.Y.)
4.Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)
5.Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
7.Bishop Ireton (D.C.)
11.Garden City (N.Y.)
12.Moorestown (N.J.)
13.Glenelg (Md.)
15.Darien (Conn.)
16.Ridgewood (N.J)
17.St. Paul's SG (Md.)
18.Northport (N.Y)
20.Summit (N.J)
21.Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
23.New Canaan (Conn.)
24.Novato (Calif.)

There will be quite a bit of movement. Compare this list to the one released three weeks from now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Preseason top 25

1.McDonogh School (Md.)
2.Manhasset (N.Y.)
4.Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)
5.Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
7.Bishop Ireton (D.C.)
11.Garden City (N.Y.)
12.Moorestown (N.J.)
13.Glenelg (Md.)
15.Darien (Conn.)
16.Ridgewood (N.J)
17.St. Paul's SG (Md.)
18.Northport (N.Y)
20.Summit (N.J)
21.Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
23.New Canaan (Conn.)
24.Novato (Calif.)

There will be quite a bit of movement. Compare this list to the one released three weeks from now.

of course there will be...this is a preseason ranking. most of these teams haven't even played a game yet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Preseason top 25

1.McDonogh School (Md.)
2.Manhasset (N.Y.)
4.Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)
5.Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
7.Bishop Ireton (D.C.)
11.Garden City (N.Y.)
12.Moorestown (N.J.)
13.Glenelg (Md.)
15.Darien (Conn.)
16.Ridgewood (N.J)
17.St. Paul's SG (Md.)
18.Northport (N.Y)
20.Summit (N.J)
21.Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
23.New Canaan (Conn.)
24.Novato (Calif.)

of course there will be...this is a preseason ranking. most of these teams haven't even played a game yet

You're right. NDP will drop quite a bit once the season starts. They lost way too much and don't have anyone to replace them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Preseason top 25

1.McDonogh School (Md.)
2.Manhasset (N.Y.)
4.Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)
5.Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
7.Bishop Ireton (D.C.)
11.Garden City (N.Y.)
12.Moorestown (N.J.)
13.Glenelg (Md.)
15.Darien (Conn.)
16.Ridgewood (N.J)
17.St. Paul's SG (Md.)
18.Northport (N.Y)
20.Summit (N.J)
21.Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
23.New Canaan (Conn.)
24.Novato (Calif.)

You're right. NDP will drop quite a bit once the season starts. They lost way too much and don't have anyone to replace them.

McDonogh won't be at the top for long and probably won't even win the IAAM. They only topped Spalding 6-5 yesterday at home, scoring the game winner with under 20 seconds left. It should be interesting to see which team rises up and replaces them. It's certainly there for the taking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Preseason top 25

1.McDonogh School (Md.)
2.Manhasset (N.Y.)
4.Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)
5.Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
7.Bishop Ireton (D.C.)
11.Garden City (N.Y.)
12.Moorestown (N.J.)
13.Glenelg (Md.)
15.Darien (Conn.)
16.Ridgewood (N.J)
17.St. Paul's SG (Md.)
18.Northport (N.Y)
20.Summit (N.J)
21.Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
23.New Canaan (Conn.)
24.Novato (Calif.)

McDonogh won't be at the top for long and probably won't even win the IAAM. They only topped Spalding 6-5 yesterday at home, scoring the game winner with under 20 seconds left. It should be interesting to see which team rises up and replaces them. It's certainly there for the taking.

NDP is not going anywhere. They have the best sophomore class in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Preseason top 25

1.McDonogh School (Md.)
2.Manhasset (N.Y.)
4.Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)
5.Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
7.Bishop Ireton (D.C.)
11.Garden City (N.Y.)
12.Moorestown (N.J.)
13.Glenelg (Md.)
15.Darien (Conn.)
16.Ridgewood (N.J)
17.St. Paul's SG (Md.)
18.Northport (N.Y)
20.Summit (N.J)
21.Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
23.New Canaan (Conn.)
24.Novato (Calif.)

NDP is not going anywhere. They have the best sophomore class in the country.

Is this a joke? If their sophomores are so good why was only one on varsity last year?

They didn't help them much this morning in their 20-10 loss

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh 6 - Spalding 5
Glenelg Country 11 - John Carroll 10
Maryvale 13 - Severn 8
SPSG 16 - Maryvale 8
RPCS 11 - St. Marys 7
Bryn Mawr 15 - Gerstell 8
John Carroll 10 - Gerstell 9

Looks like there's quite a bit of parity this year in IAAM. Should be a lot of close games. RPCS and NDP got beaten pretty badly out of conference this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh 6 - Spalding 5
Glenelg Country 11 - John Carroll 10
Maryvale 13 - Severn 8
SPSG 16 - Maryvale 8
RPCS 11 - St. Marys 7
Bryn Mawr 15 - Gerstell 8
John Carroll 10 - Gerstell 9

Looks like there's quite a bit of parity this year in IAAM. Should be a lot of close games. RPCS and NDP got beaten pretty badly out of conference this weekend.

Who beat NDP?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American Heritage Delray won 20-10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way they lost that bad. NDP has the best sophomore class in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way they lost that bad. NDP has the best sophomore class in the country.

Any freshmen on varsity?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that may be true....but the best Sophomore class and NDP got beat 20-10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American Heritage School of Boca/Delray won Saturday against NDP with a score of 20-10 in Orlando. Believe it. They play McDonogh tomorrow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a joke. NDP doesn't have the best sophomore class in the country. They don't have the best sophomore class in the IAAM. Most of their sophs are from TLC or are bench players for SW. Only two of them made varsity as freshman and only one contributed. Their JV team wasn't very good last year which wouldn't make sense if it was supposedly loaded with all these great sophomores that didn't make varsity last year. The best two 2021 club teams in Baltimore are SW and M&D. None of their top players are at NDP. NDP lost a TON of talent from last year's team and there is no one there to replace them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sun preseason rankings:
1. McDonogh
2. NDP
3. Glenelg Country
4. Glenelg
5. Marriotts Ridge
6. Spalding
7. St. Mary's
8. South River
9. Roland Park
10. St. Paul's
11. Hereford
12. Westminster
13. Severna Park
14. Century
15. Catonsville

Thought?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Paul's should move to # 2 on that list. NDP should move to #5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what?

Based on the fact that St. Paul's has the best sophomore class in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh dominate again. Will the dynasty ever die. 18-9 over American Heritage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering St Pauls just beat Bishop Ireton - ranked nationally # 3. Ranked MidAtlantic #2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering St Pauls just beat Bishop Ireton - ranked nationally # 3. Ranked MidAtlantic #2

St Pauls should be 3 in the bmore area. Glenelg Country is over ranked. They lost to some team from GA yesterday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi. Just posting here because some may have seen this before when their girls were younger. My daughter will be in high school in 2 years.
Has this ever happened or is this a thing?
My daughter plays club. Another friend from school plays club as well. They don’t see each other as much since they go to different schools now.

Not to overload you with details but as moms we used to share info like what camps are good vs waste of money etc. Now as middle schoolers it seems people are holding onto info more tightly and not sharing as much. We did a random camp this summer and this friend shows up where In the old days I would have heard about it from her mom but not anymore. I don’t think her mom wants her daughter playing with my daughter. Sounds weird bc they used to be good buddies from an old team. Just wondering if this sounds common or normal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi. Just posting here because some may have seen this before when their girls were younger. My daughter will be in high school in 2 years.
Has this ever happened or is this a thing?
My daughter plays club. Another friend from school plays club as well. They don’t see each other as much since they go to different schools now.

Not to overload you with details but as moms we used to share info like what camps are good vs waste of money etc. Now as middle schoolers it seems people are holding onto info more tightly and not sharing as much. We did a random camp this summer and this friend shows up where In the old days I would have heard about it from her mom but not anymore. I don’t think her mom wants her daughter playing with my daughter. Sounds weird bc they used to be good buddies from an old team. Just wondering if this sounds common or normal.

The mom is also not telling you that she is paying money for her daughter to work with a personal trainer and a separate lax trainer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes ... this happens. But no it's not normal. Parents do not tell their friends and other parents from their teams about camps, leagues, training, out of club tournaments. Who knows why - probably to give their daughter a leg up.

When I played youth soccer our coach told every player and parents about every opportunity he heard of for extra play and arranged for us to do a couple things together. He wanted everyone on the team to get better - not just his daughter. It's not that way anymore

There are parents (one is particularly egregious) who take 1/2 of their club team and play in tournaments, camps, leagues, etc. and completely exclude the other girls on the team. No actually - its a group of parents. They're not playing in club sponsored activities so no one can actually stop them but you would think common decency would stop it. And they'd NEVER let that happen to their own children but that's the new normal. Worry about what benefits & advances your child and maybe a select few others . For all others - well too bad for them.

It will only get worse when your daughter gets to high school and the competition for things like looks from colleges/under armour, all american, and nike teams/write ups in the papers/spots on varsity & JV/ etc.

Use a forum like this to ask about certain camps. You'll probably get a better answer from anonymous parents on here who aren't worried about your kid outshining theirs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes ... this happens. But no it's not normal. Parents do not tell their friends and other parents from their teams about camps, leagues, training, out of club tournaments. Who knows why - probably to give their daughter a leg up.

When I played youth soccer our coach told every player and parents about every opportunity he heard of for extra play and arranged for us to do a couple things together. He wanted everyone on the team to get better - not just his daughter. It's not that way anymore

There are parents (one is particularly egregious) who take 1/2 of their club team and play in tournaments, camps, leagues, etc. and completely exclude the other girls on the team. No actually - its a group of parents. They're not playing in club sponsored activities so no one can actually stop them but you would think common decency would stop it. And they'd NEVER let that happen to their own children but that's the new normal. Worry about what benefits & advances your child and maybe a select few others . For all others - well too bad for them.

It will only get worse when your daughter gets to high school and the competition for things like looks from colleges/under armour, all american, and nike teams/write ups in the papers/spots on varsity & JV/ etc.

Use a forum like this to ask about certain camps. You'll probably get a better answer from anonymous parents on here who aren't worried about your kid outshining theirs

All of the camps, tournaments, UA sponsored events are all on the internet. All you need to do is search for it. I did not need any other parent to tell me about one of these events. I researched them and figured out which ones were worth paying for. Do not be dependent on others when all that is needed is a little research effort.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhh the fat man strikes again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah yes, the "if everyone can't do it then no one should be able to do it" thought process. Does everyone on the team have to be friends all the time? It sounds like they are excluding some but not all. Maybe you can take the reins and your own time and efforts and organize a few things and someone will reciprocate for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All these camps, 7v7's, etc are on the schools website. Some parents research these things and some don't. It's not someone else's job to make sure your daughter attends certain events. 7v7s and things like that have a limited allowed roster size. Yes certain players like playing together in these things. Doesn't mean they are excluding others but usually girls prefer to play with the girls they are closer to. Put another team together if your daughter wants to go and she wasn't asked to be on a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhh the fat man strikes again

Who is the fat man? M&D goalie dad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All these camps, 7v7's, etc are on the schools website. Some parents research these things and some don't. It's not someone else's job to make sure your daughter attends certain events. 7v7s and things like that have a limited allowed roster size. Yes certain players like playing together in these things. Doesn't mean they are excluding others but usually girls prefer to play with the girls they are closer to. Put another team together if your daughter wants to go and she wasn't asked to be on a team.

I can see what parent you are, good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding 2018-93, the $ greedy college coaches want to keep the lacrosse date 9/1 because 9/1 enables coaches to run another round of money making summer camps .
If the date was 6/15 coaches would commit the "true recruits" the coaches were truly interested in on 6/15 and then the 100's of mislead non-recruits would not go to the coaches' money making camps.
The coaches had a stronger argument when they moved recruiting back 3 YEARS. But now the extra 2 MONTHS coaches want are just for the coaches to make money on 2 months of camps.
Players do not miraculously mature in those last 2 months. It is those 2 months the coaches want to make more money from camps.
The lacrosse coaches want 9/1 instead of 6/15 because of $ greed.
As usual US Lacrosse has sold out to the money and the coaches instead of putting the kids first. Let's hope the NCAA puts the kids first this time.
The NCAA needs to stand up to the coaches and make the date 6/15 like the other sports.
email addresses:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
Proposal #'s:
2018-93 is for June 15th contact like other sports
2018-93-2 is Lax Coach Camp $ greed Sept 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding 2018-93, the $ greedy college coaches want to keep the lacrosse date 9/1 because 9/1 enables coaches to run another round of money making summer camps .
If the date was 6/15 coaches would commit the "true recruits" the coaches were truly interested in on 6/15 and then the 100's of mislead non-recruits would not go to the coaches' money making camps.
The coaches had a stronger argument when they moved recruiting back 3 YEARS. But now the extra 2 MONTHS coaches want are just for the coaches to make money on 2 months of camps.
Players do not miraculously mature in those last 2 months. It is those 2 months the coaches want to make more money from camps.
As usual US Lacrosse has sold out to the money and the coaches instead of putting the kids first. Let's hope the NCAA puts the kids first this time.
The NCAA needs to stand up to the coaches and make the date 6/15 like the other sports.
email addresses:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
Proposal #'s:

Sorry. I am all for 9/1

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
email addresses:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
Proposal #'s:

Sorry. I am all for 9/1

I'm all for no more spamming all the threads with the same 6/15 post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
God forbid someone tells parents how the coaches are not acting in the kids best interest. Coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks coach / camp director!
June 15th gives an informed player the choice to attend camp or not.
September 1st keeps the power, information and the player's money in the hands of the coaches.
September 1st keeps players in the dark and allows coaches to take more of the ignorant player's money.
Here is a little secret...everybody gets invited to the camp with a personalized "first name" email invitation...don't get fooled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks coach / camp director!
September 1st keeps the power, information and the player's money in the hands of the coaches.
September 1st keeps players in the dark and allows coaches to take more of the ignorant player's money.
Here is a little secret...everybody gets invited to the camp with a personalized "first name" email invitation...don't get fooled.

Hey, any news on the 6/15 recruiting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, that information has been deemed classified by the "no spammer" coach.

No really, not sure the date of the vote.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, that information has been deemed classified by the "no spammer" coach.

The vote is next Friday 4/19

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will the shot clock be used for IAAM? It is needed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I 100% agree with this statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with Shot clock as well. I also think the yellow card should be released if goal is scored. One yellow card in HS can ruin a great game. Keep like college. Give them one goal not 5 in 2 minutes. Not to be hard on refs but they ruined a game this year with multiple questionable yellows which turned into multiple goals. The impact of a yellow in HS is multiplied. That is a rules issue, not refs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I 100% agree with this statement.

8+ minutes of stalling at the end of a game is pretty ridiculous and no one gets better from that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a little secret...everybody gets invited to the camp with a personalized "first name" email invitation...don't get fooled.[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

The vote is next Friday 4/19[/quote

The June 15th date is bad for the coaches because coaches want players to keep going to their $$ camps.
If it was June 15th then players would be able to make a much more informed decision as to what coaches had TRUE interest, not just fake marketing campaigns to lure kids who the coaches have zero interest in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a little secret...everybody gets invited to the camp with a personalized "first name" email invitation...don't get fooled.[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

The vote is next Friday 4/19[/quote

The June 15th date is bad for the coaches because coaches want players to keep going to their $$ camps.
If it was June 15th then players would be able to make a much more informed decision as to what coaches had TRUE interest, not just fake marketing campaigns to lure kids who the coaches have zero interest in.

you really don't like the coaches do you? What happened? Your little superstar not get recruited and ended up at a JUCO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bet you couldn't keep the ball off the ground, under pressure, for 8 + minutes.

That being said, I want a shot clock as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches are misleading everyone, some could say flat out lying to everyone.

This change is not about recruiting in 6th grade or any other type of early recruiting.

This is about 78 days.

What is the benefit of waiting 78 days?
Until someone tells me differently I can only think it is an additional 78 days of camps.

What do the children get by having access 78 days sooner?
Seems to me that the PSA can use that 78 days to use real information to evaluate where they want to spend 4 years of their lives.
Some will even be able to start their Junior year of HS and the others will also have their process start a little sooner.

Again this is about 78 days........NOT Early recruiting. Early recruiting has been stopped.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
The coaches are misleading everyone, some could say flat out lying to everyone.

This change is not about recruiting in 6th grade or any other type of early recruiting.

This is about 78 days.

What is the benefit of waiting 78 days?
Until someone tells me differently I can only think it is an additional 78 days of camps.

What do the children get by having access 78 days sooner?
Seems to me that the PSA can use that 78 days to use real information to evaluate where they want to spend 4 years of their lives.
Some will even be able to start their Junior year of HS and the others will also have their process start a little sooner.

Again this is about 78 days........NOT Early recruiting. Early recruiting has been stopped.

Staying at 9/1 does allow for an entire summer tournament season, though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess you're going to have to keep shelling out the bucks for those hated coaches summer camps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like they wanted. We are lambs being led.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 125 1 2 3 124 125
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard