BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 123 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 122 123
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So now we are talking about the boys rules and who they played. You are really stretching it, and it is a pathetic illogical reasoning. How many more excuses can you create to justify the losses? Just sayin.
Here’s an excuse: it was raining on the first day and SP won. Why did SP show up? They shouldn’t have shown up and forfeited like a boys team. Just saying.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the record, on the guys’ side of NHSLS teams don’t play with seniors who just graduated. I’m currently watching the guys’ championship game and the commentators actually commented that neither team is playing seniors. The guys’ side of the tournament has been going for nine years. They give guys who didn’t get a lot of time on varsity or JV guys who will likely make varsity in the following year an opportunity to play. My son played on the guys’ side for four years (rising 9th-rising 12th) and his team never played seniors nor did any of the other teams. The only guys’ team that I know that has played seniors was McDonogh last year and that was because they opted to give them an opportunity to play since they didn’t play a spring season. I guess the guys’ teams might feel silly playing their seniors….just sayin.
Perhaps you should let her try out for the “guys side”. Since you like the rules so much. Just saying.
I agree. Don’t play if you don’t like the rules. No one forced the play. The game is over. Get over it. You lost. Accept it. Move on. Have a nice life. Just sayin.
Let’s hear more excuses why you lost. Since you like the boys rules, I am surprised you didn’t say that the girls should be tackling.

Only even mentioned the guys side cause some answering the complaints of others by stating the “boys have been doing for years” which isn’t true. Clearly SPSG have a lot of crazy lax parents when I make one comment and ten people comment back making it appear most agree. Just because your the loudest in the room doesn’t make you correct. Either way in joy the chip my daughter is friends with many of your girls didn’t mean for my comment to say anything but the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the record, on the guys’ side of NHSLS teams don’t play with seniors who just graduated. I’m currently watching the guys’ championship game and the commentators actually commented that neither team is playing seniors. The guys’ side of the tournament has been going for nine years. They give guys who didn’t get a lot of time on varsity or JV guys who will likely make varsity in the following year an opportunity to play. My son played on the guys’ side for four years (rising 9th-rising 12th) and his team never played seniors nor did any of the other teams. The only guys’ team that I know that has played seniors was McDonogh last year and that was because they opted to give them an opportunity to play since they didn’t play a spring season. I guess the guys’ teams might feel silly playing their seniors….just sayin.
Perhaps you should let her try out for the “guys side”. Since you like the rules so much. Just saying.
I agree. Don’t play if you don’t like the rules. No one forced the play. The game is over. Get over it. You lost. Accept it. Move on. Have a nice life. Just sayin.
Let’s hear more excuses why you lost. Since you like the boys rules, I am surprised you didn’t say that the girls should be tackling.

Only even mentioned the guys side cause some answering the complaints of others by stating the “boys have been doing for years” which isn’t true. Clearly SPSG have a lot of crazy lax parents when I make one comment and ten people comment back making it appear most agree. Just because your the loudest in the room doesn’t make you correct. Either way in joy the chip my daughter is friends with many of your girls didn’t mean for my comment to say anything but the facts.

Get over it Participant Trophy Parent. The tournament is over and you lost. Stop trying to justify the loss. SP scored more than your team. That’s why you lost. Very simple math. The only crazy one is you. You can’t accept the loss.

Last edited by The Hop; . Reason: ‘Merica
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is wrong with you. Are we going to hear some conspiracy theory next? The game is over. Move on. See you next year…if you’re invited.

Like Reply Quote
User
User

What is wrong with you. Are we going to hear some conspiracy theory next? The game is over. Move on. See you next year…if you’re invited.

Why the second response. Your the same person. And keep politics off this site.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need help. Doesn’t sound like politics to me. You have too many excuses for why you lost. I have a great solution for you, don’t play next year. Good luck trying out for the boys team next year. You are definitely a Participant Trophy Parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need help. Doesn’t sound like politics to me. You have too many excuses for why you lost. I have a great solution for you, don’t play next year. Good luck trying out for the boys team next year. You are definitely a Participant Trophy Parent.

Reading this drivel it isn’t about winning and losing. More than ever the women’s game cries foul about not getting equal respect as the men’s. This may or may not be accurate but people in charge and the parents are the ones who hold the game back. Playing graduated seniors- and several teams did it- after a team had a full season and you have younger players in programs who could use reps and compete is just plain silly. But go ahead, reply that we lost, need a participation trophy, yada yada. Once again the dolts in this great sport will miss the point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the folks that didn’t like the tournament rules, join the tournament committee and make changes , instead of complaining anonymously. Let’s discuss something else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournament is over.

Move. On.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading this drivel it isn’t about winning and losing. More than ever the women’s game cries foul about not getting equal respect as the men’s. This may or may not be accurate but people in charge and the parents are the ones who hold the game back. Playing graduated seniors- and several teams did it- after a team had a full season and you have younger players in programs who could use reps and compete is just plain silly. But go ahead, reply that we lost, need a participation trophy, yada yada. Once again the dolts in this great sport will miss the point.

Wow. You still have not moved on. Such a lengthy narrative that says absolutely nothing. “Hold the game back”? This is the fastest growing game in the US. You have proven that you are not informed or credible with this narrative. A bunch of jibber jabber.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am waiting for you to complain about the IL Commitment Tournament. They played the 2021 seniors!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am waiting for you to complain about the IL Commitment Tournament. They played the 2021 seniors!
i can't believe the team that won the IL Commit tourney had 2021's...so unfair, the tournament rules need to be changed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i can't believe the team that won the IL Commit tourney had 2021's...so unfair, the tournament rules need to be changed

Besides one event is for committed kids to play with future college teams mates and the other was playing with high school freshman. It’s over though so stop trying to stir the pot.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You clearly have no idea or clue. The only reason the 2021’s played at the Commit Tournament, was because they didn’t play during Covid last year. Stop making up false narratives to justify your ridiculous and clueless points.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is correct. Only the rising seniors are invited to the IL Commit Invitational. This year was an exception.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Besides one event is for committed kids to play with future college teams mates and the other was playing with high school freshman. It’s over though so stop trying to stir the pot.

Are you going to complain to the NCAA when your kid is a freshman and plays against 5th year seniors? My mistake, of course you are going to complain. You want automatic wins without effort, competition, and hard work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you going to complain to the NCAA when your kid is a freshman and plays against 5th year seniors? My mistake, of course you are going to complain. You want automatic wins without effort, competition, and hard work.
It was sarcasm….geez

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Folks, it's time to move onto a new topic.

You are all just going in circles and it's ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. It has always been an event for girls in summer heading into college so go away now !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Folks, it's time to move onto a new topic.

You are all just going in circles and it's ridiculous.

Agreed…Move on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. It has always been an event for girls in summer heading into college so go away now !

Ok Participant Trophy Parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look clown you got the wrong person. I just detest when someone is wrong and calls other people out. Congrats on your win last week Anne.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look clown you got the wrong person. I just detest when someone is wrong and calls other people out. Congrats on your win last week Anne.
Like you just did, hypocrite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop calling people out by name on here. It's going to result in BOTC going back to making everyone register again.(Which honestly they should probably do anyway as it would maybe end some of the nonsense)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop calling people out by name on here. It's going to result in BOTC going back to making everyone register again.(Which honestly they should probably do anyway as it would maybe end some of the nonsense)

And quiet the board probably eliminating it.

Like Reply Quote
User
User

And quiet the board probably eliminating it.

It’s OK. We know who everyone is. No one is anonymous here. That’s how we know when the same people have conversations and arguments with themselves to promote their agenda. It’s hilarious actually.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s up with TLC? They used to be a good club. I just don’t see the talent anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s up with TLC? They used to be a good club. I just don’t see the talent anymore.
ebb and flow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ebb and flow
Thinking the same thing. Surprised by the lack of recruiting with their 22 red class

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ebb and flow
Thinking the same thing. Surprised by the lack of recruiting with their 22 red class

22 class ended up being a mix of girls cut or demoted to B teams at other top clubs. Their commitments reflect this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ebb and flow

Been flowing away for years. Not even a top 50 team anywhere anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost some talented players from their 2021’s and 2022’s. Lack of coaching was a big part of the losses. 2021 coaches were only there to sub and not coach them up. Players got tired of the lack of coaching and left. 2022’s have a parent coach that is not officially a coach, but he is a big part of why they lost their talent. The official coaches allow him to coach and his daughter is on the team…and you know what that means. So the talent left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost some talented players from their 2021’s and 2022’s. Lack of coaching was a big part of the losses. 2021 coaches were only there to sub and not coach them up. Players got tired of the lack of coaching and left. 2022’s have a parent coach that is not officially a coach, but he is a big part of why they lost their talent. The official coaches allow him to coach and his daughter is on the team…and you know what that means. So the talent left.

BM came in to coach the 2021’s, but it was too late. The talent had already left

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard how the UA tryouts went yesterday? My daughter decided not to tryout this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A cluster. One team (my daughters) didn't have a coach for the 2024/2025 ages. One time their team was told to run across the fields for a new game, then told to run back b/c there wasn't a game there. As a result, missed one game and no coaches to evaluate them. Wonder how that worked out for those girls?

Typical teams "randomly" chosen in the 2024/2025 bracket seemed wildly recognizable with some black and red club colors grouped together on one dominate team.

I paid, so my fault ultimately seeing the typical evaluators. frown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was so hot and I felt bad for the girls. DK is a coach, so I saw some Redshirt players selected in the call back group, as expected. On another note, I looked at the American Select 2022 team. All I can say is, Wow! Quite a few TLC players selected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was so hot and I felt bad for the girls. DK is a coach, so I saw some Redshirt players selected in the call back group, as expected. On another note, I looked at the American Select 2022 team. All I can say is, Wow! Quite a few TLC players selected.
No one should be surprised if there are Redshirts players on UA - by the way, players that have never been on a UA team in the past. So again, PROOF that it's all a bunch of crock. It's not always the best of the best who is playing, it's all about WHO IS COACHING.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of those girls that are playing for AS, played in the UA in the past. Hoping AS takes off and proves the UA to be a joke that it has become.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one should be surprised if there are Redshirts players on UA - by the way, players that have never been on a UA team in the past. So again, PROOF that it's all a bunch of crock. It's not always the best of the best who is playing, it's all about WHO IS COACHING.

22 was a hard pull since those girls want the under armour senion game. Look at the other age groups and you will see American select exceed under armour. Under armour should have the edge everywhere but lack of consistent tryout process and coaches selecting less deserving players has caused many to consider never trying out again. No redshirt is on the top 23 players in their age group so this would prove it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is your girls you have coached for many years and asked to run through walls for you. Of course there is bias. How do you do the tryout so it is fair? I say skill drills and sprint speed gets you on the team and then scrimmaging only gets you off the team, would be best in these tryouts. Some score for drills and "athletic" ability like shuttle drill and or 40 yard sprint. Rank all field players by those 2 metrics. Scrimmage and look for girls who wind up by dropping passes or bad shot selection or ball hogging to deduct from the rankings. That is how I would do it. Maybe I have each coach put in a players name away from the rankings and if she is within 5 from the 22nd ranked girl she bumps the last girl. Coach privilege.

Like Reply Quote
Page 41 of 123 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 122 123
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard