BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 322 of 322 1 2 320 321 322
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #437224 Yesterday at 08:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Saw an Apex Lax video about the Gilman FO kid seems like the real deal

Hi Chris!!! Hope all is well!!

Outside of the Severn Kid there isn’t much completion at the Dot in the MIAA. May be the worst group in a long time, so anyone with some talent will look like the real deal.

St Pauls Parent here,

After watching the gilman vs severn game I can tell you that this is not the case. The sophomore went to battle with the senior and may not have been exactly 50% but was right there. Kids got a promising future ahead of him.

Outside of the Severn Kid there isn’t much completion at the Dot in the MIAA. May be the worst group in a long time, so anyone with some talent will look like the real deal.

St Pauls Parent here,

After watching the gilman vs severn game I can tell you that this is not the case. The sophomore went to battle with the senior and may not have been exactly 50% but was right there. Kids got a promising future ahead of him.
I think the Gilman FOGO jumped offsides 10 times and was called for at least 6-7 of those 10. The Gilman fogo racked up penalties for jumping early and lining up illegally in both half’s of the game vs. Severn. Elite players don’t do this. I would not call this holding his own or even close to 50/50. These kind of 101 mistakes will not transition well at the collegiate level. Remember, MIAA refs aren’t always the best, especially when calling the faceoff rules. The facts are, the Gilman fogo is whistle skittish and reminds me of an inner circle Jermy Rallo trained player. All the ref had to do was hold the whistle for a split second and the young Gilman fogo jumped. Rookie mistake. I will say with confidence that Lord Jermy Rallo was horrible. 6 years ago I heard Rallo tell players to cheat if they can’t win in hopes the refs don’t call it, and anticipate the whistle rather than play the whistle and develop good habits.
We shall see

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

B_O_T_C #437237 Yesterday at 09:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical MSJ, not competitive in a game they should have been. Watching this for 2 years now and coaching staff has no clue. Players not being held accountable for messing up on the field, no adjustments after halftime, defense spotting other team 10 goals before getting off the bus, goalie is afraid of being hit by the ball. If we can see it from the stands, why can't coaches see it from the sideline. Parents have had it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437242 Yesterday at 09:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical MSJ, not competitive in a game they should have been. Watching this for 2 years now and coaching staff has no clue. Players not being held accountable for messing up on the field, no adjustments after halftime, defense spotting other team 10 goals before getting off the bus, goalie is afraid of being hit by the ball. If we can see it from the stands, why can't coaches see it from the sideline. Parents have had it.

No adjustments after halfime? MSJ outscored Severn 5-2 in the 2nd half. MSJ changed goalies. Who isn't playing that should be?

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #437246 Yesterday at 09:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mcd(-9.5)vs LB (+9.5)
Tech(-5.5) vs SP(+5.5)
BL (-12.5) vs STM (+12.5)
AS (-2.5) vs JC (+2.5)

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #437247 Yesterday at 10:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No adjustments after halfime? MSJ outscored Severn 5-2 in the 2nd half. MSJ changed goalies. Who isn't playing that should be?

Lack of clearing and offense possessing the ball/scoring led to way to many transition opportunities for Severn in 1st half. MSJ has been starting games slow. Goalie had 8-9 saves in 1st half, defense just had to defend way too many shots again.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Anonymous #437255 Yesterday at 10:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the post above, adjustments were made at halftime. I think the most obvious change needed is goalie.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437259 Yesterday at 10:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought MSJ was new and improved this year. This big influx of kids from HOCO. Size matters and that was the difference in this game. Severn was bigger and more physical.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #437262 Yesterday at 11:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lines for todays action:
McD -3.5 vs LB (MIAA game of the week)
BL -8.5 vs StM

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437263 Yesterday at 11:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mcd(-9.5)vs LB (+9.5)
Tech(-5.5) vs SP(+5.5)
AS (-2.5) vs JC (+2.5)
Better odds:

LB (+1.5) @ Mcd (-1.5)
JC (+7) @ AS (-7)
BL (-9.5) @ Stm (+9.5)
SP (+3.5) @ GTech (-3.5)

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437268 Yesterday at 11:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mcd(-9.5)vs LB (+9.5)
Tech(-5.5) vs SP(+5.5)
AS (-2.5) vs JC (+2.5)
Better odds:

LB (+1.5) @ Mcd (-1.5)
JC (+7) @ AS (-7)
BL (-9.5) @ Stm (+9.5)
SP (+3.5) @ GTech (-3.5)

My odds:

LB (+7) @ Mcd (-7)
JC (+12) @ AS (-12)
BL (-15) @ Stm (+15)
SP (+4) @ GTech (-4)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Anonymous #437269 Yesterday at 12:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lack of clearing and offense possessing the ball/scoring led to way to many transition opportunities for Severn in 1st half. MSJ has been starting games slow. Goalie had 8-9 saves in 1st half, defense just had to defend way too many shots again.

8-9 saves...lol. what game were you watching. maybe 8-9 saves over the past 2 games.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437277 Yesterday at 12:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outside of the Severn Kid there isn’t much completion at the Dot in the MIAA. May be the worst group in a long time, so anyone with some talent will look like the real deal.[/quote]

St Pauls Parent here,

After watching the gilman vs severn game I can tell you that this is not the case. The sophomore went to battle with the senior and may not have been exactly 50% but was right there. Kids got a promising future ahead of him.[/quote]
I think the Gilman FOGO jumped offsides 10 times and was called for at least 6-7 of those 10. The Gilman fogo racked up penalties for jumping early and lining up illegally in both half’s of the game vs. Severn. Elite players don’t do this. I would not call this holding his own or even close to 50/50. These kind of 101 mistakes will not transition well at the collegiate level. Remember, MIAA refs aren’t always the best, especially when calling the faceoff rules. The facts are, the Gilman fogo is whistle skittish and reminds me of an inner circle Jermy Rallo trained player. All the ref had to do was hold the whistle for a split second and the young Gilman fogo jumped. Rookie mistake. I will say with confidence that Lord Jermy Rallo was horrible. 6 years ago I heard Rallo tell players to cheat if they can’t win in hopes the refs don’t call it, and anticipate the whistle rather than play the whistle and develop good habits.[/quote]

Looks like somebody paid a lot of coaching fees and didnt get the results like they wanted, was it Rallo or your son ?[/quote]
I took my son to Rallo twice and then never again. My son is a D1 commit. Chris Mattes was very influential early on with my son as was Greg Gurenlian.

Last edited by Team BOTC; Yesterday at 12:44 PM. Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437300 Yesterday at 03:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, you have no idea what you are taking about. First off its not called an offside on the faceoff kid. Its called a false start violation. 2nd, every faceoff kid in the country tries to time the refs whistle. Its not cheating, and its part of the position. Lastly, not sure who said it, but to say that it is a down year for FoGos in the MIAA is ridiculous. Many of them are on the young side, but they are really good, at their top of their class. Severn kid going to PSU. BL kid going to UNC, Spalding kid going to Navy, and the two sophomores are really good as well. Don't be surprised if the Gilman and McDonogh kids go big time D1 when they get to recruiting. They are holding their own and even winning against some of the best of the best.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #437307 Yesterday at 04:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I sit here looking for a stream that isn't currently up, it is worth acknowledging the schools whose live streams are top notch. I'm sure it isn't easy but it is appreciated when there is a quality stream. Here is my ranking from top notch to do better. Truly a first world problems ranking.

1) Spalding - High quality, announcers (like them or not), multiple camera angles, replay
2) Gilman - Pretty consistent, announcers, good quality
3) St. Paul's - Good effort put into it even if the execution isn't always there. Announcers, interviews, different angles
4) Loyola - Announcers, pretty reliable, annoying AI camera operation and zoomed out way too far
5) Calvert Hall - Announcers and decent quality. Camera people fall asleep sometimes. Stream completely down for some games
6) Boys' Latin - Seem to have connection issue. Fine one minute and frozen the next. Rare to go a whole game without issues
7) McDonogh - Sometimes they stream, sometimes they don't. Knowing lacrosse is not a prerequesite for announcing
8) Severn - Decent stream, announcers, no frills, announcers are kids killing time
9) MSJ - Good quality, no announcers, no frills
10) St. Mary's - lose points for not being on YouTube. No announcers, stream is has issues frequently
11) John Carroll - No frills and zoomed out AI camera

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437308 Yesterday at 05:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 on McD is the cheapest and most classless player in high school. Always taking cheap shots. He has no problem slap checking or poke checking his defenders in the knees or Achilles when the ball is dead.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #437310 Yesterday at 06:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The worst FO team in the MIAA - Loyola Dons. My 12 year old was yelling double pole half way through the first quarter. The Dons wait until 3 mins in the 4th qtr to implement that strategy and score of it. #coaching

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437319 Yesterday at 07:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, you have no idea what you are taking about. First off its not called an offside on the faceoff kid. Its called a false start violation. 2nd, every faceoff kid in the country tries to time the refs whistle. Its not cheating, and its part of the position. Lastly, not sure who said it, but to say that it is a down year for FoGos in the MIAA is ridiculous. Many of them are on the young side, but they are really good, at their top of their class. Severn kid going to PSU. BL kid going to UNC, Spalding kid going to Navy, and the two sophomores are really good as well. Don't be surprised if the Gilman and McDonogh kids go big time D1 when they get to recruiting. They are holding their own and even winning against some of the best of the best.

Either way, offsides (haha), false start, or going early call it what you wish…. it’s detrimental when a fogo does it so much that his team gets penalized in both half’s. And whistle anticipation for young player and or any fogo player develops bad habits. Rather than focus on anticipating the refs cadence, work on technique, repetitions and that’ll equal Speed and better results than going 30% on win percentages (even against better competition). And NO every FOGO does not anticipate whistles, trust me dude. That’s just nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437325 Yesterday at 08:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The worst FO team in the MIAA - Loyola Dons. My 12 year old was yelling double pole half way through the first quarter. The Dons wait until 3 mins in the 4th qtr to implement that strategy and score of it. #coaching
I thought the old coach was the problem?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437329 Yesterday at 09:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

8-9 saves...lol. what game were you watching. maybe 8-9 saves over the past 2 games.

Watch the film the defense can’t cover their men and #18 hits but cannot stay with man and looks lost. The goalie is doing the best he can. Coaches must see this seriously make adjustments.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437332 Yesterday at 09:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 on McD is the cheapest and most classless player in high school. Always taking cheap shots. He has no problem slap checking or poke checking his defenders in the knees or Achilles when the ball is dead.

Darn Man, calling out is frown upon

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437333 Yesterday at 09:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hall kid going to Yale too.

Like Reply Quote
Page 322 of 322 1 2 320 321 322
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard