BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,271
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 153 of 322 1 2 151 152 153 154 155 321 322
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lets hope this fall teams can stay healthy through to spring. So many injuries has kept good players on the sideline.Fall ball is good time to start evaluating players on your team that are moving up to Varsity. Many lax players will miss Fall Ball due to Football Playoffs and then Basketball/wrestling.

All teams need to be healthy to compete week in and week out. How to teams are coached will be another major factor week in and week out. In the MIAA league coaching matters and its the direct cause of loses or wins week in and week out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets hope this fall teams can stay healthy through to spring. So many injuries has kept good players on the sideline.Fall ball is good time to start evaluating players on your team that are moving up to Varsity. Many lax players will miss Fall Ball due to Football Playoffs and then Basketball/wrestling.

All teams need to be healthy to compete week in and week out. How to teams are coached will be another major factor week in and week out. In the MIAA league coaching matters and its the direct cause of loses or wins week in and week out.

Who has the best coaches ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most are average High School coaches. If they were great MIAA coaches they would be long gone to college ranks.

But the big question is who are best at getting talent as talent needs to be imported to supplement existing players. With the changing landscape, CH has been best along with McD, BL and one/two class wonder ( it seems) Spalding. McD and BL have really stepped up recruitment of out of state players to compete with CH . This and next year will be interesting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any tracker that captures which high school has the most commits to college?

There is so much chatter here I’m just trying to see if there is any empirical data to support “who puts the most kids in college.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any tracker that captures which high school has the most commits to college?

There is so much chatter here I’m just trying to see if there is any empirical data to support “who puts the most kids in college.”

Over the past few years its easy to follow on School Teams socal media.They all post it. dont think there is a central site for it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most are average High School coaches. If they were great MIAA coaches they would be long gone to college ranks.

But the big question is who are best at getting talent as talent needs to be imported to supplement existing players. With the changing landscape, CH has been best along with McD, BL and one/two class wonder ( it seems) Spalding. McD and BL have really stepped up recruitment of out of state players to compete with CH . This and next year will be interesting

Agreed, but coaching talented players and knowing your players strengths is key to success.Some coaches have no clue how to be an in game coach.They use a philosophy to coach no matter what talent they have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://lacrossebucket.com/2023-commitments/ Has a good composite list of recruits by grad class. I can't attest to its accuracy, but it seems to post the ones I know 1st hand pretty quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The MIAA sends out many players from the better MIAA lax schools. BL,McD,CH usually have the most, with Gilman,StP,StM, a few less most years and occasionally more. It really doesnt matter as all schools send players to college.

The big question is , do MIAA players play. That is on a downward trajectory last few years. With the exception of a few, most are bench warmers and scout players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NAVY V. U PENN 5 qtr scrimmage Severn School 1pm Free Sat November 13th high single digits attend both schools from Severn

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good matchups coming to the NHSLS in 2 weeks:

BL Maroon vs Malvern Prep, Culver, Lasalle
BL White vs Severna Park, St Andres Episcopal, Potomac VA
CH vs Culver, Lasalle, Malvern Prep
ST P vs Lawrenceville NJ, Black Grizzlies (MI), Fog City (CA)
MSJ vs Woodbury Forrest, Westtown (PA), Crusader (NJ)
Gilman vs Fog City, Lawrenceville NJ, Severna Park
Spalding vs Lasalle, Malvern Prep, Culver
St Mary's vs ESD TX, St Joe's PRep (PA) Episcopal (VA)
John Carroll vs Shady Side (PA), Montverde Academy (FL), Chatham (NJ)
Loyola vs Haverford (PA), Seton Hall Prep (NJ), Choate (CT)
McD vs Hill Academy White), Taft CT, St John's DC
Severn vs St Augustine NJ, Radnor PA, SSSA (VA)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lj beat the brakes off of another kid this weekend.

WOW. Still Stalking SG players ? Hard to believe someone is that into another person's son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lj beat the brakes off of another kid this weekend.

WOW. Still Stalking SG players ? Hard to believe someone is that into another person's son.

Stalking is LJ move.

Tell the kid to stop making it easy for those that like to talk about them. Lay off the booze.

You really should see someone about your obsession. And No, I will not lay off the booze.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Answer: Calvert Hall has the most in college. 70+ Almost every player goes on to play in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Answer: Calvert Hall has the most in college. 70+ Almost every player goes on to play in college.

That is mainly due to UNC. Almost like a pipeline is from CH to UNC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t doubt they send a lot amd that their number is high because they carry 50-60 players on varsity each year- seriously doubt they all play in college

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t doubt they send a lot amd that their number is high because they carry 50-60 players on varsity each year- seriously doubt they all play in college

Looks like they signed 14 today. Syracuse, Virginia, Cornell, Georgetown (2), Lehigh (2), Boston U, Marquette, High Point, Salisbury, Loyola, Mercer... and their online roster had 48 players last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MIAA has very skilled players. Some do well at college level but majority ride the bench and contribute in practice and scout teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like they signed 14 today. Syracuse, Virginia, Cornell, Georgetown (2), Lehigh (2), Boston U, Marquette, High Point, Salisbury, Loyola, Mercer... and their online roster had 48 players last year.

Empirical data can be mined via IL recruiting database.
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recr...&position=all&hometown_state=ALL
Looks like Brunswick places the most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty was tweeting some cryptic stuff yesterday re NLI signing day. Were there any surprises? Any noteworthy switches or no-shows?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty was tweeting some cryptic stuff yesterday re NLI signing day. Were there any surprises? Any noteworthy switches or no-shows?
Ty You know Who is a lost. The guy rates lacrosse kids for a life. His attitude is he runs club lacrosse. I’ve seen him rank kids that are “5 stars” that go to a program and transfer within that season. He is a hit or miss, but the trend seems to be he “Misses” a lot. Screw that guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MIAA has very skilled players. Some do well at college level but majority ride the bench and contribute in practice and scout teams.

Or captain their teams. Or go on to play for Team USA. Or play in the PLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you missed reading comprehension little sensitive Sam. As far as leagues or conferences go, I would guess they send the most to college, And I would guess they have the most quit after a few years too.

Or better yet, be 25 years old like the MD attackman from MIAA. He Plays! Held back, Red Shirt, Extra year for Covid, Bet he wishes he did a PG too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you missed reading comprehension little sensitive Sam. As far as leagues or conferences go, I would guess they send the most to college, And I would guess they have the most quit after a few years too.

Or better yet, be 25 years old like the MD attackman from MIAA. He Plays! Held back, Red Shirt, Extra year for Covid, Bet he wishes he did a PG too.

Huh? ^^ that makes no sense ^^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many kids aren't even in the list. Ty hits the "no duh" kids but misses a lot.
As an example, I know a couple MIAA '22s who didn't sign early. The '22 ('26) classes are "full" but these kids are "priority walk-ons" at both ACC and Big 10 schools...
Yet none are even listed in the IL database.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the kid 17?
Likely a holdback

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as LJ is the one winning the fight, trust me LS is proud. More proud every time it happens. None of this behavior is a surprise to anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty You know Who is a lost. The guy rates lacrosse kids for a life. His attitude is he runs club lacrosse. I’ve seen him rank kids that are “5 stars” that go to a program and transfer within that season. He is a hit or miss, but the trend seems to be he “Misses” a lot. Screw that guy
Agree. The guy is a clown. Most club coaches roll their eyes when he walks by.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ty has sold out to IL . Talk about an aloof above the rest individual, he is it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except a certain Dad whose son is top of heep !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except a certain Dad whose son is top of heep !

Who happens to get a lot of eye rolls of his own!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ty has sold out to IL . Talk about an aloof above the rest individual, he is it.

Yup, his IL ID showcase was a money grab for him. They had all these kids there and did 8 evaluations. Most evaluations were big D1 commits so history looks as if IL was on their evaluation game. Such a waste and joke. Worst event of the recruiting circuit. I

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People need to see IL for what it is. NOT an objective lens to evaluate lacrosse players through.
Once they got in the event game (and relied on coaches to come coach their own sons at these events) it was revealed to be all about the $$.
Plus, every single event they hold is in Baltimore, which feeds the beast of MIAA kids getting overrated and then underperforming perenially at the NCAA level.
They've been smart to tie themselves to the Under Armour Senior Game and other watch lists though, it keeps the money rolling in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People need to see IL for what it is. NOT an objective lens to evaluate lacrosse players through.
Once they got in the event game (and relied on coaches to come coach their own sons at these events) it was revealed to be all about the $$.
Plus, every single event they hold is in Baltimore, which feeds the beast of MIAA kids getting overrated and then underperforming perenially at the NCAA level.
They've been smart to tie themselves to the Under Armour Senior Game and other watch lists though, it keeps the money rolling in.

Might have ruffled a few MIAA feathers, but ..That was spot on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want to talk about sold out it’s that overweight fella from the NLF who tries to be Ty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NHSLS is on tourney machine. Every MIAA A team is playing and BL is fielding two teams like they've done in the past.

Blandair Park
Boys' Latin White: Severna Park, St. Andrew's Episcopal, Potomac (VA)
Boys' Latin Maroon: Malvern Prep, Culver, LaSalle
Calvert Hall: Culver, LaSalle, Malvern Prep
Gilman: Fog City (CA), Lawrenceville 1 (NJ), Severna Park
Mt. St. Joe: Woodberry Forest (VA), Westtown (PA), Crusader Lacrosse (NJ)
Spalding: LaSalle, Malvern Prep, Culver
St. Mary's: ESD (TX), St. Joe Prep, Episcopal (VA)
St. Paul's: Lawrenceville 1 (NJ), Black Grizzlies (MI), Fog City (CA)

Troy Park
John Carroll: Shady Side (PA), Montverde Academy (FL), Chatham (NJ)
Loyola: Haverford (PA), Seton Hall Prep (NJ), Choate (CT)
McDonogh: Hill Academy White (CAN), Taft (CT), St. John's (DC)
Severn: St. Augustine (NJ), Radnor, St. Stephens St. Agnes (VA)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MIAA is gonna get wreckt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least 7 of the MIAA schools will have losing records.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Malvern Prep has some games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I predict none will have losing records. Looks like MIAA rolls over most. Maybe a loss here and there at most for all teams.

Like Reply Quote
Page 153 of 322 1 2 151 152 153 154 155 321 322
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard