BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,930
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 140 of 320 1 2 138 139 140 141 142 319 320
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s not creepy at all. He is an extremely reputable extremely wrathful alum who is a CEO of a large US corporation, not local, who chooses to donate a sum of money ear marked to the school for a specific reason . My daughters was ear marked for any female student athlete with the academic ability to be granted the scholarship with the stipulation that she maintain a certain GPA throughout here time at the school and that she met with him once a semester to discuss her future aspirations . I really think he just wanted to see she wasn’t some pieced tattooed freak!!
To the guy who said it’s creepy you have issues. It’s the best thing that ever happened to her and our family. Now my sons at the same boarding school and hopes to follow his sister to the Ivies and to hopefully make seven figures like her. I still maintain my [ChillLaxin] blue collar job like everyone else on this forum who’s complaining about these evil club leaders. They are the ones who help you find out what’s available for your young student athlete. I want my kids to have a better life then I had academically and financially
It is 100% creepy that you have not met the man your daughter was made to lunch with because he paid for her education. I don’t care who the guy is. People once thought Jeffrey Epstein was extremely reputable and generous. Way to go dad.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://miaasports.net/miaa-regulations-guidelines/

Section 4 & 5. Clear rules violations.
4. Amateur Status
To be eligible to participate in contests of this Association, a student must be an amateur. As such, he/she may not receive, directly or indirectly, any salary, stipend, incentive, payment, award, gratuity, gift, educational expenses or expense allowance as result of participation in any sport or sports team.

5. Recruitment
a) No school, through any of its officers, representative or by any other means, shall directly or indirectly offer inducement to a student of any school, regardless of the student's age or academic grade, to terminate enrollment at said school and migrate to another for athletic purposes.

They did both.

Every coach in the league has done #5.
The only people who can by rule talk enrollment and financial aid are admissions officers.
It's why almost every coach in the league is now an "assistant admissions director."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the kid going to Spalding or not?

Are we talking about the “tasty” player at sjc or someone else?

It is a kid who has been on a new club team every other year and now is playing for a different high school every other year.

The grass is always greener. He probably will do the same in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a kid who has been on a new club team every other year and now is playing for a different high school every other year.

Why do you care so much. It’s not your kid, your family or your problem. Stop caring!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care so much. It’s not your kid, your family or your problem. Stop caring!

Easy there Dad. Guy s just making a statement , which to anyone with common sense indicates some issues.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy there Dad. Guy s just making a statement , which to anyone with common sense indicates some issues.
Not the dad. Unless you know them personally, you know nothing. Stop talking about it. I’m so over kids getting bashed on this forum. You don’t know the whole story. Stop acting like you do. Stop making assumptions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not creepy at all. He is an extremely reputable extremely wrathful alum who is a CEO of a large US corporation, not local, who chooses to donate a sum of money ear marked to the school for a specific reason . My daughters was ear marked for any female student athlete with the academic ability to be granted the scholarship with the stipulation that she maintain a certain GPA throughout here time at the school and that she met with him once a semester to discuss her future aspirations . I really think he just wanted to see she wasn’t some pieced tattooed freak!!
To the guy who said it’s creepy you have issues. It’s the best thing that ever happened to her and our family. Now my sons at the same boarding school and hopes to follow his sister to the Ivies and to hopefully make seven figures like her. I still maintain my [ChillLaxin] blue collar job like everyone else on this forum who’s complaining about these evil club leaders. They are the ones who help you find out what’s available for your young student athlete. I want my kids to have a better life then I had academically and financially

I think it was a wonderful gift for your daughter and now your son. If I was wealthy enough, I would definitely donate to a similar cause. Not only do you benefit the one student, but potentially generations of their family to follow. I actually think it was nice the donor wanted to be connected to the recipients. I’m sure it was satisfying for him to see how his donation was benefitting the recipients. And I’m sure that results in subsequent donations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just want to see Ripley and Speaks 1v1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we all just agree that this Ripley guy is a real screwball?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just want to see Ripley and Speaks 1v1

Some underestimated one of these guys already. Not turning out the way they thought. 🤪

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing the kid that tried to transfer to Spalding is now heading to his public school. Talk about bad decisions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the CB Laxers UnD1sputed Showcase?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing the kid that tried to transfer to Spalding is now heading to his public school. Talk about bad decisions.

I heard that Lid's kid is going to St Johns.

Why? The lefty attack there is actually good. I guess if he wants to get stronger that would be a good move.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you move on from this topic. These are kids and do not deserve people talking about their lives. Words can be more hurt full than fists.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The CB Laxers Showcases are really good but if you are looking to get exposure from a lot of Division 1 colleges.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rumor was they were heading back to St. Mary’s. You must have your St. Schools wrong. Hit the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you care so much about this kid? If one kid make or breaks your team then there is no team there. Just worry about your own kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are these Hawks players or parents going back and forth? Seems they don’t like each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are these Hawks players or parents going back and forth? Seems they don’t like each other.

Seems like SJC parents and coaches are poisoning the well for an unhappy player that wanted to transfer. Using lies and rumor to accomplish that. No wonder the kid wanted to leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you move on from this topic. These are kids and do not deserve people talking about their lives. Words can be more hurt full than fists.

Expect criticism when you are doing unnecessary things for the wrong reasons and hurting you team/teammates at the same time. Its all a part of life and sometimes getting your feelings hurt can be a teaching moment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want your kid to get looks from top tier d1 lacrosse programs, then yes, attend the CB Laxers und1sputed showcase on Long Island...worth the drive if you can get in because its very limited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is doing nothing illegal. my daughter went to a private school from 7th grade through graduation ( ended up going Ivy) and someone else paid her full tuition each year. All she had to do was have lunch with the guy once each semester, in the schools cafeteria, and her mother and I never met the man.
And now my son is doing the same.
What’s wrong with someone helping us get a better education for our child then we could afford . Much easier then the financial aid process. The school needs to monitor it so it doesn’t get out of control like the Gilman situation where the coach personally paid his players tuitions and the kids he recruited who didn’t qualify at Gilman he paid their tuition to go to MSJ.
And you have never met the man. Makes your daughter eat lunch with him, and you have never met him.

Please tell us you at least knew what was on the menu?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s be fair here without the sj transfer Spalding is still a top contender over the entire miaa. I love what Ripley is doing with the program him and phipps are a dynamic duo. Ripley has a great defensive mind and Phipps is a great head coach. With a senior lead team I don’t see the reason how they could lose.

"See last season". They lost the Championship to a team they handled for the most part in the regular season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it was a wonderful gift for your daughter and now your son. If I was wealthy enough, I would definitely donate to a similar cause. Not only do you benefit the one student, but potentially generations of their family to follow. I actually think it was nice the donor wanted to be connected to the recipients. I’m sure it was satisfying for him to see how his donation was benefitting the recipients. And I’m sure that results in subsequent donations.

Creepy! I agree with other posters, that you should know who your daughter is having lunch with once a month. Tuition being paid by them and all they want is a lunch meeting once a month?! Weird! Maybe he will offer her a job too once she graduates. You or your wife seriously had never met the guy!?!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last years und1sputed showcase was a great event. My son was one of 88 players playing in front of 20 D1 College Coaches on 1 field the entire time. This is worth the money unlike other showcases we have gone to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No we never met him. As I said they met in the school cafeteria and he is a prominent alum of the school. I do know what he looks. There is a wonderful portrait of him hanging in alumni hall. An I’ve read many articles about him on line. Tell me what’s creepy about that. You must have personal perverse issues... are YOU possibly a child molester? Do you know every teacher at your public school? Do you know the weirdo that drives the yellow bus? We are eternally grateful of him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No we never met him. As I said they met in the school cafeteria and he is a prominent alum of the school. I do know what he looks. There is a wonderful portrait of him hanging in alumni hall. An I’ve read many articles about him on line. Tell me what’s creepy about that. You must have personal perverse issues... are YOU possibly a child molester? Do you know every teacher at your public school? Do you know the weirdo that drives the yellow bus? We are eternally grateful of him.

I am glad it worked out for your family. Dont be so defensive. Sounds like a good situation. Seriously tho, if you don't think not ever meeting some adult that has lunch with your children for years is a little different or odd, than I dont know what to say to you. Frankly I am surprised that the guy didnt at least one time ask to meet the parents. Having lots money doesnt give you a free pass . Like I said, Sounds like a good guy and the situation is good for you and your family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am glad it worked out for your family. Dont be so defensive. Sounds like a good situation. Seriously tho, if you don't think not ever meeting some adult that has lunch with your children for years is a little different or odd, than I dont know what to say to you. Frankly I am surprised that the guy didnt at least one time ask to meet the parents. Having lots money doesnt give you a free pass . Like I said, Sounds like a good guy and the situation is good for you and your family.

Exactly, seems like he is a great philanthropist and very generous. Portraits, articles, large bank account is all good. But, why doesn’t he meet with the parents of the kids he sponsors? And, why doesn’t the parents meet with him? Never met him? Just strange situation. Great opportunity for your kids. Good luck to them! But, still a strange situation, none the less! He could just donate the $s to the school for the scholarship program. It seems Weird about the lunch meetings? Any adult meeting with my child on a regular basis to have lunch and discuss their school and future , I would want to meet personally. Just saying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He donates plenty to the school…. multiple buildings named after him. Not to get into the weeds but its set up into a foundation where each year one scholarship is paid out ear marked for one female scholar athelete. The school has a. few other scholarships set up this way. One of her friends was there on an arts/music scholarship set up by another alum. My wife and I were punch the clock 9-5 workers.
It has changed our families world ! If you think its creepy then that’s your opinion. I just chimed in to help enlighten the hold back bashers there are alot of opportunities out there that could change you childs chance of success. And if it requires repeating a year, due to the school,so what.
She lettered in 4 varsity sports all 4 years and a recipient of the schools top academic award each of her 4 years. She worked her butt off. She has since paid the school back all the money she received.

Again why was this creepy?.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like SJC parents and coaches are poisoning the well for an unhappy player that wanted to transfer. Using lies and rumor to accomplish that. No wonder the kid wanted to leave.

At the end of the day, parents need to do what they think is best for their kid.
But there are some notIntelligent parents. And you cant fix notIntelligent.

Caring about this issue makes no sense.
Parents may think they are giving their kids a better opportunity or saving some money. They simply don't realize they are also teaching their kids to be opportunistic, ignoring loyalty and embracing a "cut and run" mentality.
But talking about it here makes no sense.
I've had a number of parents who left for greener grass and then come back with the "shoulda stayed" mea culpas. Whatever. Live and learn. It's just a sport. Even at it's highest levels, which I've played and coached, it doesn't mean squat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He donates plenty to the school…. multiple buildings named after him. Not to get into the weeds but its set up into a foundation where each year one scholarship is paid out ear marked for one female scholar athelete. The school has a. few other scholarships set up this way. One of her friends was there on an arts/music scholarship set up by another alum. My wife and I were punch the clock 9-5 workers.
It has changed our families world ! If you think its creepy then that’s your opinion. I just chimed in to help enlighten the hold back bashers there are alot of opportunities out there that could change you childs chance of success. And if it requires repeating a year, due to the school,so what.
She lettered in 4 varsity sports all 4 years and a recipient of the schools top academic award each of her 4 years. She worked her butt off. She has since paid the school back all the money she received.

OK.. Calling a foul. First you said he paid a scholarship to her from 7th - 12th. Now she has paid all that back ?? What ??? Scholarship foundation money does not require paying the money back. I can see your daughter one day giving generously to school when she becomes a CEO or something, but not pay back a scholarship while in her 20's ( I assume her age due to other child in school) . But that cant have happened already as your other son is hoping to get the same treatment.

And some of us said it was just odd ( which it is ) never meeting someone that has lunch constantly with your daughter now son. It has worked out for your family, which is great.

And your daughter repeating a grade has nothing to do with anyone who complains about holdbacks. No one could care less why a parent does what he does to better his child in school. But most do care about giving children in youth lacrosse an advantage over other children exact same age in sports. Just doesnt seem right,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At the end of the day, parents need to do what they think is best for their kid.

Parents may think they are giving their kids a better opportunity or saving some money. They simply don't realize they are also teaching their kids to be opportunistic, ignoring loyalty and embracing a "cut and run" mentality.
I've had a number of parents who left for greener grass and then come back with the "shoulda stayed" mea culpas. Whatever. Live and learn. It's just a sport. Even at it's highest levels, which I've played and coached, it doesn't mean squat.

The “rumors” coming from every public school coach and Athletic Director in the Annapolis area sound identical to the rumors from Severn and St. Mary’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The “rumors” coming from every public school coach and Athletic Director in the Annapolis area sound identical to the rumors from Severn and St. Mary’s.

All say their top players were offered $$$ to transfer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even for notIntelligent people in this world and the Lions and Sheep- there is a right way and wrong way of doing things.In a world where every wrong decision is quickly sniffed out its hard to have any sympathy for those purposely cutting corners and leveraging hard work from others to gain future success. Especially in youth - high school sports. Boosters and Alumni have been paying tuition and supporting academic and athletics forever-
However, when you leave a trail behind you it really leaves a bad taste for all to swallow- especially when the booster works his way on to a sideline and basically takes over an entire program. Unlike this other booster talked about in this forum who stays silent and asks for almost nothing in return. So for the notIntelligent ones and the sheep that follow the lion your ‘hit the wall’ remarks are classless just like your brotherhood and family post are. The SJC parents and team are great people and they don’t deserve to be treated like this by anyone nor those Spalding families and players that have nothing to do with Hawks -

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK.. Calling a foul. First you said he paid a scholarship to her from 7th - 12th. Now she has paid all that back ?? What ??? Scholarship foundation money does not require paying the money back. I can see your daughter one day giving generously to school when she becomes a CEO or something, but not pay back a scholarship while in her 20's ( I assume her age due to other child in school) . But that cant have happened already as your other son is hoping to get the same treatment.

And some of us said it was just odd ( which it is ) never meeting someone that has lunch constantly with your daughter now son. It has worked out for your family, which is great.

And your daughter repeating a grade has nothing to do with anyone who complains about holdbacks. No one could care less why a parent does what he does to better his child in school. But most do care about giving children in youth lacrosse an advantage over other children exact same age in sports. Just doesnt seem right,

DING!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gosh I didnt realize how people on this forum are clueless of what’s available for your children that will better their lives
Let me clarify…
1:) its very hard to leave your child at prep/ private school and only be able to visit her on campus a few times a year due to our financial situation… we chose to visit when she had a game so we could watch
2:) they met for lunch in the school cafeteria once a semester when he came in for the schools trustee meetings. There was no “constant meeting of the two”. He too did not live close to campus and we were never there at the same time….today we coukd have Zoomed him.
3:) she used her second year employment bonus to donate all the money she received from this scholarship back to the school. She does very well financially in her career. She is ever grateful to this man and the school for the opportunities they have provided her and felt a real need in her heart to pay it back to the SCHOOL not the individual. At her current age she has already recoup this money with subsequent bonuses. I know of many others at other schools who have done the same.
4:) I originally chimed in to squash this idiotic holdback debate. Its the prep/private schools that require it. You just cant walk in and say I want to hold my child back. There are many kids as you say on age at these schools that started in the lower grades and advance to high school. Public school kids are not prepared to slide over to a private school. One admission director at a private school told me for every 150 public school student who applies maybe one could slide over on grade.

The real takeaway is to you parents , get off your butt and seek out these opportunities for your child. There are alot of them out there.

Good luck and if you still think this is creepy or odd I feel bad for your children.

Sorry one more thing…. in the next few years club is going to stop in eighth grade so where your child plays in high school is going to be extremely important if he or she wants to advance to play in college at any level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gosh I didnt realize how people on this forum are clueless of what’s available for your children that will better their lives
Let me clarify…
1:) its very hard to leave your child at prep/ private school and only be able to visit her on campus a few times a year due to our financial situation… we chose to visit when she had a game so we could watch
2:) they met for lunch in the school cafeteria once a semester when he came in for the schools trustee meetings. There was no “constant meeting of the two”. He too did not live close to campus and we were never there at the same time….today we coukd have Zoomed him.
3:) she used her second year employment bonus to donate all the money she received from this scholarship back to the school. She does very well financially in her career. She is ever grateful to this man and the school for the opportunities they have provided her and felt a real need in her heart to pay it back to the SCHOOL not the individual. At her current age she has already recoup this money with subsequent bonuses. I know of many others at other schools who have done the same.
4:) I originally chimed in to squash this idiotic holdback debate. Its the prep/private schools that require it. You just cant walk in and say I want to hold my child back. There are many kids as you say on age at these schools that started in the lower grades and advance to high school. Public school kids are not prepared to slide over to a private school. One admission director at a private school told me for every 150 public school student who applies maybe one could slide over on grade.

The real takeaway is to you parents , get off your butt and seek out these opportunities for your child. There are alot of them out there.

Good luck and if you still think this is creepy or odd I feel bad for your children.

Sorry one more thing…. in the next few years club is going to stop in eighth grade so where your child plays in high school is going to be extremely important if he or she wants to advance to play in college at any level.

You are so full of it. Your stories get harder and harder to believe.... So your top academic and top athletic Daughter gave back all her winnings in only her second year out of college ( over 100K easily) back to the wealthy private school with millions in their endowment fund while her poor brother had to continue with getting his handout. And you guys in the meantime still cant afford to get off to visit school. Yep, that sounds right. LOL Cant wait for your explanation. Cant wait.

Sorry one more thing... You now are a soothsayer who can predict the future of youth lacrosse with the ending of all club lacrosse teams prior to eight grade. Yep, all Club owners will give up those teams for sure. Who cares about money. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me clarify…

You do realize the private school received the tuition money for your daughter from the donor every year , School wasnt out a nickel ??? Her and all her young friends did all this in only their second year of working , Why would she pay back something that has already been paid?? Oh thats right. This is a fairy tale,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All say their top players were offered $$$ to transfer.

Rumors??From Annapolis area? Haha! Deflecting is a great way to continue the moronic comments that those on the defense continue to post..Keep thinking you know where these anonymous post are coming from- New Cut Rd Glen Burnie families are the Fact(Rumor)? spreaders .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even for notIntelligent people in this world and the Lions and Sheep- there is a right way and wrong way of doing things.In a world where every wrong decision is quickly sniffed out its hard to have any sympathy for those purposely cutting corners and leveraging hard work from others to gain future success. Especially in youth - high school sports. Boosters and Alumni have been paying tuition and supporting academic and athletics forever-
However, when you leave a trail behind you it really leaves a bad taste for all to swallow- especially when the booster works his way on to a sideline and basically takes over an entire program. Unlike this other booster talked about in this forum who stays silent and asks for almost nothing in return. So for the notIntelligent ones and the sheep that follow the lion your ‘hit the wall’ remarks are classless just like your brotherhood and family post are. The SJC parents and team are great people and they don’t deserve to be treated like this by anyone nor those Spalding families and players that have nothing to do with Hawks -

Very true-almost feel bad for Phipps- almost! Phipps, Hogan, Cottle,Ford, Kelly should all check their egos at the door. Embarrassing all around!

Like Reply Quote
Page 140 of 320 1 2 138 139 140 141 142 319 320
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard