BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 132 of 323 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 322 323
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Howard, North County, South River, Springbrook, and Liganore make big statements on the first day of the tourney!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Someone told me about this site. I had to check out and man this is wild. A lot of comments from anonymous folks. Could be kids but most sound like parents IMO or the token groupie who never got past junior b in rec with lacrosse but consider themselves experts. Remember lacrosse is a team sport. Everyone has a role, starter or on the bench. Everyone has a role. A team sport is what we are talking about and all you read is about this kid that kid or this coach and that coach. This is a game that unfortunately like other sports, (more than others) is political. That is a fact and not new.
With that said, show yourself, if you are going to lob insults back and forth. Get out in front of your keyboard as you pontificate In the end it does not help the kids. Maybe makes you feel better but at what cost. BTW Spaulding spelled Spalding, is a hard working group of young men who are led by coaches who have put in a lot of time and effort to help develop the kids into a successful TEAM. These lessons will be used on and off the field. I know because I coach at Spalding as an assistant Also grew up, played against and coached with Bryan Kelly. Great person, father friend, teammate and coach. Don't get me wrong there is a lot that needs to be changed in lacrosse. Nothing new for example, is the recruiting and it should be more transparent. Access to the game is being hampered ,IMO by the clubs. Clubs are fine but IMO have gone out of control with little to no instruction and a lot of $$$. Equipment is way too expensive again hampering the growth and access to others who love the game. Let's talk issues not who is buying who off. That really sells short the amount of countless hours these young men like Ripley and others spend when no one is watching. when it is raining and they are on the wall. Think of that before you comment/pontificate on something you all clearly don't no much about.

Thank you
Charlie Speno Coach Parent and lover of the creators game

Spaulding coach? Too funny

Is he the one that told your son " he just wasnt good enough for Varsity " .

Probably the one that was told “no thanks” “we want to win the Championship”. Went to BL instead.

Yet, still was told he wasnt good enough for Varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone told me about this site. I had to check out and man this is wild. A lot of comments from anonymous folks. Could be kids but most sound like parents IMO or the token groupie who never got past junior b in rec with lacrosse but consider themselves experts. Remember lacrosse is a team sport. Everyone has a role, starter or on the bench. Everyone has a role. A team sport is what we are talking about and all you read is about this kid that kid or this coach and that coach. This is a game that unfortunately like other sports, (more than others) is political. That is a fact and not new.
With that said, show yourself, if you are going to lob insults back and forth. Get out in front of your keyboard as you pontificate In the end it does not help the kids. Maybe makes you feel better but at what cost. BTW Spaulding spelled Spalding, is a hard working group of young men who are led by coaches who have put in a lot of time and effort to help develop the kids into a successful TEAM. These lessons will be used on and off the field. I know because I coach at Spalding as an assistant Also grew up, played against and coached with Bryan Kelly. Great person, father friend, teammate and coach. Don't get me wrong there is a lot that needs to be changed in lacrosse. Nothing new for example, is the recruiting and it should be more transparent. Access to the game is being hampered ,IMO by the clubs. Clubs are fine but IMO have gone out of control with little to no instruction and a lot of $$$. Equipment is way too expensive again hampering the growth and access to others who love the game. Let's talk issues not who is buying who off. That really sells short the amount of countless hours these young men like Ripley and others spend when no one is watching. when it is raining and they are on the wall. Think of that before you comment/pontificate on something you all clearly don't no much about.

Thank you

Probably the one that was told “no thanks” “we want to win the Championship”. Went to BL instead.

But good enough to order his ring. You know the thing that players get when they win a championship. Sorry. Keep hitting the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think any fogos really deserved "all conference" this year.
None were dominating. MAYBE the BL kid. But he was spotty this year at times too.
There is also some fluff on the All MIAA team as a whole. A couple kids who got on because of their name, IL recruiting profile, and/or college commitment- not what they did on the field this year.
But it is to be expected.

Look for the LD All-Conference list to drop any day now. This will clean up the obvious errors and omissions on that other list and will properly recognize the young men who have been practicing for countless hours when no one is watching, playing in the rain, and hitting the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who wins the Mt. Hebron vs. Westminster game today?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hebron is playing Marriotts Ridge, Westminster is playing Centennial

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way to avoid the question.

laugh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way to avoid the question.

laugh
Oh sorry. Didn’t mean to avoid the question. The answer is neither because they don’t play each other today. That better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Marriotts Ridge beat Mt. Hebron 13-10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you

But good enough to order his ring. You know the thing that players get when they win a championship. Sorry. Keep hitting the wall.

Talking to yourself again . Most players would rather contribute during year and actually have playing time in a close Championship game and lose than sit on bench entire year including Championship game and win. Now follow your own advice and have your son " Hit The Wall " . Maybe he can sub in some during blowouts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you

Talking to yourself again . Most players would rather contribute during year and actually have playing time in a close Championship game and lose than sit on bench entire year including Championship game and win. Now follow your own advice and have your son " Hit The Wall " . Maybe he can sub in some during blowouts.

Come on Spaulding. Get over losing already. It’s gonna be ok. I hear you have some new transfers coming to help since the players that played just weren’t good enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you

Come on Spaulding. Get over losing already. It’s gonna be ok. I hear you have some new transfers coming to help since the players that played just weren’t good enough.

You guys still talking about Spalding? Why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding is one of the top teams in the conference. Plenty to talk about.
What happens next year? New coaches at Gilman and St P's. Lots of Seniors lost at the top schools. Lots of returners comign back at some bottom schools.
How are we ranking the league for 2022?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happens next year? New coaches at Gilman and St P's. Lots of Seniors lost at the top schools. Lots of returners comign back at some bottom schools.
Spalding somewhere in the middle at best. Will not be in the top 4.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you

Hilariouis. You just cant get over being left out at Spalding. Your mind is doing a number on you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding competes for Championship next year as a top 4 contender along with McD, StM , BL or CH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding competes for Championship next year as a top 4 contender along with McD, StM , BL or CH

STM lost impact seniors. 23 class is strong but 22 is average at best. They will be solid but not in competition for the championship. CHC, McD, BL have only legitimate chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just dropped a bunch of money on all new chest pads for my crew…. Watching PLL games and these guys wear nothing but a jersey… What gives? What kind of example is this to set?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just dropped a bunch of money on all new chest pads for my crew…. Watching PLL games and these guys wear nothing but a jersey… What gives? What kind of example is this to set?

Especially hypocritical to have a "GEORGE BOIARDI HARD HAT SSDM OF THE PLL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES" award when George died on the field because he wasn't wearing such protection and then not require it of the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough job re-seeding the 4A bracket when 5 of the teams are undefeated. How should they be seeded?

Bowie (Undefeated)
Catonsville (Undefeated)
Sherwood (Undefeated)
Severna Park (Undefeated)
Churchill (Undefeated)
Northwest
Northwestern
Arundel

My take is:
1) Severna Park
2) Churchill
3) Arundel
4) Catonsville
5) Sherwood
6) Bowie
7) Northwest
8) Northwestern

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough job re-seeding the 4A bracket when 5 of the teams are undefeated. How should they be seeded?

Bowie (Undefeated)
Catonsville (Undefeated)
Sherwood (Undefeated)
Churchill (Undefeated)
Northwest
Northwestern
Arundel

My take is:
1) Severna Park
2) Churchill
3) Arundel
4) Catonsville
5) Sherwood
6) Bowie
7) Northwest
8) Northwestern

Public school needs a shot clocks games are horrible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bowie (Undefeated)
Catonsville (Undefeated)
Sherwood (Undefeated)
Churchill (Undefeated)
Northwest
Northwestern
Arundel

My take is:
1) Severna Park
2) Churchill
3) Arundel
4) Catonsville
5) Sherwood
6) Bowie
7) Northwest
8) Northwestern

That is close, maybe a team or two might be one or two higher or lower, but overall very close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are men not boys. Surprised tho as the league seems to be overrun with woke players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Especially hypocritical to have a "GEORGE BOIARDI HARD HAT SSDM OF THE PLL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES" award when George died on the field because he wasn't wearing such protection and then not require it of the players.
PREACH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is up with Broadneck calling for a stick check on Severna Park at the end of the game? Classless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is up with Broadneck calling for a stick check on Severna Park at the end of the game? Classless.

What rule did they break?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the quote from the article

"“It’s not a way to win the game, in my opinion.” To Shadowens, it’s an unwritten rule in the game of lacrosse that you don’t check the stick of the faceoff guy. “Every faceoff guy’s stick is going to be illegal,” he said matter-of-factly."

Anyone who plays the game knows this. In other words "Don't be a IAmInsecure"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are men not boys. Surprised tho as the league seems to be overrun with woke players.

Rabil being the Wokest with all his Pride garbage and BLM bull garbage…It’s a bit much although I haven’t seen much of it this season…Sponsors must have left….stadiums are still empty though…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bowie (Undefeated)
Catonsville (Undefeated)
Sherwood (Undefeated)
Churchill (Undefeated)
Northwest
Northwestern
Arundel

My take is:
1) Severna Park
2) Churchill
3) Arundel
4) Catonsville
5) Sherwood
6) Bowie
7) Northwest
8) Northwestern

That is close, maybe a team or two might be one or two higher or lower, but overall very close.

Wow - Severna Park and Churchill would up with the 4/5 seeds and have to play each other right away. Arundel and Catonsville have to play each other also on Monday. The bottom feeders really lucked out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rule of not being a jer k.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bowie (Undefeated)
Catonsville (Undefeated)
Sherwood (Undefeated)
Churchill (Undefeated)
Northwest
Northwestern
Arundel

My take is:
1) Severna Park
2) Churchill
3) Arundel
4) Catonsville
5) Sherwood
6) Bowie
7) Northwest
8) Northwestern

Public school needs a shot clocks games are horrible

That is just the Broadneck games. I haven't seen any other games where teams milk the clock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any chance that MIAA joins the Corrigan Sports tournament to turn the DC Championship into the DMV Championship? The MAPHL is essentially that in hockey with Spalding, Calvert Hall, and MSJ playing the top IAC and WCAC teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any chance that MIAA joins the Corrigan Sports tournament to turn the DC Championship into the DMV Championship? The MAPHL is essentially that in hockey with Spalding, Calvert Hall, and MSJ playing the top IAC and WCAC teams.

It would be nice to bring in the Philly champs also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"“It’s not a way to win the game, in my opinion.” To Shadowens, it’s an unwritten rule in the game of lacrosse that you don’t check the stick of the faceoff guy. “Every faceoff guy’s stick is going to be illegal,” he said matter-of-factly."

Pretty lame reaction from the FOGO, IMO. Over the years I have seen a lot of FOGO stick checks (and I have seen some pass, even in the pinch and pop days).

Blaming others after you personally get caught doing something illegal will not go over well in Bancroft Hall. Character and accepting responsibility matters there and in life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty lame reaction from the FOGO, IMO. Over the years I have seen a lot of FOGO stick checks (and I have seen some pass, even in the pinch and pop days).

Blaming others after you personally get caught doing something illegal will not go over well in Bancroft Hall. Character and accepting responsibility matters there and in life.

Most good FOGOs face this at some point and learn their lesson that they better be straightening out their sticks after every draw. Bush league move to call for it, but as the FOGO you are still responsible for being ready for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most good FOGOs face this at some point and learn their lesson that they better be straightening out their sticks after every draw. Bush league move to call for it, but as the FOGO you are still responsible for being ready for it.

Total Bush league to call for one. Yet there is always the classless coach willing to call for one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severna Park wound up killing Churchill 17-8 I really thought that would be a closer game. Sherwood will probably lose by 20+ to them. Anyone else going to give them a game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severna Park wound up killing Churchill 17-8 I really thought that would be a closer game. Sherwood will probably lose by 20+ to them. Anyone else going to give them a game?

Is the public school lacrosse just that bad? Severna park is not a great team. Couple of nice kids after that not much talent. Not one kid that plays on a top club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the guy anonymously commenting on a youth lacrosse page. Why don't you sign your name to your responses if you're so full of character and accepting responsibility - ha!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spaulding might give them a game.

Like Reply Quote
Page 132 of 323 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 322 323
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard