BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 127 of 324 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 323 324
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got ahead of myself, I kept thinking today is Thursday, well it's not so it's less than 48 hours, not 24 hours. Looking forward to a competitive game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the demarcation line for choosing a college/university primarily for academics and secondarily for lacrosse for your child if your child is leveraging lacrosse to get into a school they would otherwise not get into? On a 50+ person roster, assume your child will get 1/4 to 1/5 of tuition/yr so $32k to $60k off over 4 years using $40k to $60k/yr for tuition at out of state public vs private. Also assume no merit, academic or financial aid so you are paying full price aside from any athletic help.

My personal feeling is that you always choose Ivy if given the chance, even though you will pay full price. In the ACC, Duke, UVA, Carolina, ND are all easy choices. Hopkins and Michigan are easy choices in the Big 10. I am not including the service academies as they are their own animals.

As you get further down in these conferences and into the other conferences with regard to academic standing, at what point to you shift your attention to the top D3 academic schools; NESCACs, W&L, etc?

Do you send an academically gifted student to a low level Patriot League or MAAC school for the money and the "my child plays D1" or do you send them to Tufts or Amherst for what those schools will do for them during and after college?

This is meant as an honest question and not as a shot at any particular school or conference and based on the rankings found in US News, WSJ, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great question! I’m also curious what people’s thoughts are on sending their child to high level D2 vs low D1. Thinking of good D2 academic schools like Tampa, Rollins, Indy. Son could get academic and athletic scholarship and actually play all 4 years vs riding the bench. Also chance to qualify for some conference awards as well. Would love to hear from a parent whose child took this path. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where is the demarcation line for choosing a college/university primarily for academics and secondarily for lacrosse for your child if your child is leveraging lacrosse to get into a school they would otherwise not get into? On a 50+ person roster, assume your child will get 1/4 to 1/5 of tuition/yr so $32k to $60k off over 4 years using $40k to $60k/yr for tuition at out of state public vs private. Also assume no merit, academic or financial aid so you are paying full price aside from any athletic help.

My personal feeling is that you always choose Ivy if given the chance, even though you will pay full price. In the ACC, Duke, UVA, Carolina, ND are all easy choices. Hopkins and Michigan are easy choices in the Big 10. I am not including the service academies as they are their own animals.

As you get further down in these conferences and into the other conferences with regard to academic standing, at what point to you shift your attention to the top D3 academic schools; NESCACs, W&L, etc?

Do you send an academically gifted student to a low level Patriot League or MAAC school for the money and the "my child plays D1" or do you send them to Tufts or Amherst for what those schools will do for them during and after college?

This is meant as an honest question and not as a shot at any particular school or conference and based on the rankings found in US News, WSJ, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Spalding is doing this year is exactly what the Hawks 22 team does to all local clubs. They just work harder and practice more. People have always been critical of how much the Hawks team practices but clearly it works. Winning is very important to these players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Spalding is doing this year is exactly what the Hawks 22 team does to all local clubs. They just work harder and practice more. People have always been critical of how much the Hawks team practices but clearly it works. Winning is very important to these players.

and the Dad's.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen on the work ethic. Its also about working smarter. Translation: HCs who are willing to be a servant leader: willing to put their egos and insecurities aside and accept daily/weekly advice/guidance from extremely accomplished assistants or "advisors" in preparing practice and game plans. The two teams left standing have both embraced this philosophy and it shows in their progression over the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is the importance of winning a negative thing? Don’t all teams in the MIAA want to win the MIAA Championship? Isn’t that what most of the chatter on this page is about? Why play if you don’t want to win?

and the Dad's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What local clubs you talking about? Bring in guess players for tournaments out of state players. Yeah ok they work harder....lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t all teams in the MIAA want to win the MIAA Championship?

Negative.

Going forward, Gilman is 100% laser focused on its elite academics, its matriculation list, and reminding others of its elite academics and its matriculation list. (see above)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the Ivys (no merit) and the top-level D3s (most no merit) consider the financial aid packages. These schools have HUGE endowments and many people who would otherwise not be eligible for FA can receive very nice deals. My daughter was recruited Ivy and went to top NESCAC. Her aid package is about 90% off sticker price and we would not have received any aid if she attended an in-state school. The top level NESCACs support their kids like no other and are truly amazing places playing at a high level, securing an amazing education, and making tremendous contacts. Not to mention their matriculation rates to graduate schools and professional schools is WAY higher than just about anywhere else. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SJC vs Gonzaga today at 4PM. Live Stream: https://youtu.be/rYMywFCsmbg

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great question! I’m also curious what people’s thoughts are on sending their child to high level D2 vs low D1. Thinking of good D2 academic schools like Tampa, Rollins, Indy. Son could get academic and athletic scholarship and actually play all 4 years vs riding the bench. Also chance to qualify for some conference awards as well. Would love to hear from a parent whose child took this path. Thank you.

For the Ivys (no merit) and the top-level D3s (most no merit) consider the financial aid packages. These schools have HUGE endowments and many people who would otherwise not be eligible for FA can receive very nice deals. My daughter was recruited Ivy and went to top NESCAC. Her aid package is about 90% off sticker price and we would not have received any aid if she attended an in-state school. The top level NESCACs support their kids like no other and are truly amazing places playing at a high level, securing an amazing education, and making tremendous contacts. Not to mention their matriculation rates to graduate schools and professional schools is WAY higher than just about anywhere else. Good luck.

These are fantastic posts and response. These are the types of things that we should be discussing and learning from on this forum. Not the endless posts about which miaa schools is better or how much a program stinks or coaches that don’t know how to coach. Sure, winning a championship is great, getting to play in college (actually playing) is wonderful, but we as parents should be working to setting our young men up for the best position to succeed in life, not just on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t all teams in the MIAA want to win the MIAA Championship?

Negative.

Going forward, Gilman is 100% laser focused on its elite academics, its matriculation list, and reminding others of its elite academics and its matriculation list. (see above)

Reminds me of a boss I once had. He went to Harvard and played football there. Anytime we had a meeting with a new employee or client my co-workers and I would bet how long it would take him to mention he went to Harvard. One person was always assigned the neutral digital timekeeper duties. He once asked me after a meeting, why does everyone smile when I mention I went to Harvard. I responded, I'm not 100% sure but I would guess they are proud to have a boss that went to Harvard. Thirty years later, he still has no idea....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be all about getting in the best school. 98% of the country barely knows what the sport is and could care less.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outside of the Academies which are their own animals, the Patriot League is filled with fine academic institutions too. Top to bottom great schools that hold their players to incredibly high academic standards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is exactly right. The Ivys, Hopkins(Thanks to Bloomberg), NESCAC all have crazy endowments and offer amazing financial aid grants. We got almost 80% in grant money from Hopkins and our household income is over 250K. The hard part is getting into these schools which lacrosse can do for your child. Once you're in the money is the easy part. College is costing less than High School.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and the Dad's.
Nailed it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nothing wrong with that. Nice to see somebody push the blue chips aside and take over. John Carrol and MSJ are next!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nothing wrong with that. Nice to see somebody push the blue chips aside and take over. John Carrol and MSJ are next!
Lets not get ahead of ourselves wishful dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cream rises to the top... even with the refs trying to give the game to the Dingers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hEaR sPalDiNg Is GoInG tO bE rEaLlY gOoD nExT yEaR...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poetic. Poetic. Poetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So close

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boys Latin slays the upstart dingers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well Iam going to lids tomorrow morning to get my BL championship hat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starving kids in Ethiopia going to get those Spalding championship hats and tees shirts this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody ever remembers 2nd place

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What local clubs you talking about? Bring in guess players for tournaments out of state players. Yeah ok they work harder....lol

If that were true, the Hawks roster would not have changed since the kids were in third grade. The Hawks stole most of their talent after it was developed by the Cannons, Crabs, and Diamondbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lids needed to sponsor one or two more penalties.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the most one-sided reffing I have seen, yet BL overcomes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another Five Star comment right here ^^^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another Five Star comment right here ^^^
A lot more than one dad involved. Great game by boys latin and congrats to Spalding for breaking the mold. Hope next year is this competitive and exciting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ripleys kid had a shortie on him all game. I guess he didn’t pay enough for the BL defender to have to play with no stick

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ripleys kid had a shortie on him all game. I guess he didn’t pay enough for the BL defender to have to play with no stick
An attackman with the SSDM assigned to him. The ultimate disrespect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to both programs. Just heard there were 7200 fans last night. Great support for local Lacrosse! ...and amazing venue!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
‘Second place is the first lost”....shake and bake shake and bake BL....Ricky Bobby 2006

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Second Place is the first lost” Ricky Bobby 2006 Shake and bake shake and bake BL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding was really good this year but it was their one shot. Losing too many players for next year while the rest of the MIAA reload.

BL also losing a ton of seniors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What kind of sad, bitter person needs to point this out on here about a kid. What’s wrong with you. You should be ashamed. Gross.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What kind of sad, bitter person needs to point this out on here about a kid. What’s wrong with you. You should be ashamed. Gross.

Nothing wrong with this person.
The SSDM assigned to an attackman is the ultimate disrespect.
Unfortunately, his father has zero moral standards and is considered a joke.

Like Reply Quote
Page 127 of 324 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 323 324
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard