BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 28 1 2 26 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA is the dirtiest team I have seen play at the 2020 level.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FCA, Crabs and Looneys - men playing amongst boys....

You mean 17 year olds playing amongst 15 year olds dont you?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously - the holdbacks on the Crabs, FCA and Looneys are plainly obvious. Stop with the denials that there are not single and double holdbacks on those teams. Where outside of Baltimore/MIAA do you see 9th graders with full beards who drive?

my sons team just played a team from Seattle last weekend, multiple kids on Seattle had full beards.

Many Canadian kids are 20 graduating high school as well. I'm not defending holdbacks/reclass, just answering your question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Seriously - the holdbacks on the Crabs, FCA and Looneys are plainly obvious. Stop with the denials that there are not single and double holdbacks on those teams. Where outside of Baltimore/MIAA do you see 9th graders with full beards who drive?

please do some homework before you come on here and babble, having kids repeat a grade before heading to middle school is something that was being done on the northwest corner of the Washington Beltway long before it became the norm inside the Baltimore Beltway. It now occurs in every region in the country and yes New [lacrosse], that includes you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My (non-holdback) son also plays HS football and its a known fact that there are equally if not more football holdbacks (and double holdbacks) vs lacrosse but you rarely hear a complaint from the non holdback parents in football -- they just kind of accept it for what it is. Interesting the difference of mindset between parents in both sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My (non-holdback) son also plays HS football and its a known fact that there are equally if not more football holdbacks (and double holdbacks) vs lacrosse but you rarely hear a complaint from the non holdback parents in football -- they just kind of accept it for what it is. Interesting the difference of mindset between parents in both sports.

I don't think the issue is with high school sports, rather with the younger kids. 6th graders playing against kids who should be 8th.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think the issue is with high school sports, rather with the younger kids. 6th graders playing against kids who should be 8th.

This is a Boys 2020 forum so I'm guessing that the issue is with high school play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't hear complaints in football because there is no CLUB FOOTBALL teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While people may say something about holdbacks in HS ..The main complaint is before 9th grade. That gets the most venom and i think justifiably.
Can you imagine a big size running back who is 15 going against 13 year olds in youth. Run their buts over without a problem. HS Varsity , not so much.

2020 is HS so it really doesnt matter as much. But it is easier to make Varsity when you are technically a grade ahead of the others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
entitled versus earn it that's all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best of luck to the Coldbrook Laxers

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know any decent club teams in/around Anne arundel county that need a fogo? Thanks in advance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know any decent club teams in/around Anne arundel county that need a fogo? Thanks in advance.

Annapolis Hawks have tryouts coming soon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He said a "decent" club. That eliminates the Hawks ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously - the holdbacks on the Crabs, FCA and Looneys are plainly obvious. Stop with the denials that there are not single and double holdbacks on those teams. Where outside of Baltimore/MIAA do you see 9th graders with full beards who drive?

my sons team just played a team from Seattle last weekend, multiple kids on Seattle had full beards.

Many Canadian kids are 20 graduating high school as well. I'm not defending holdbacks/reclass, just answering your question.

Ok Ryan..Hope that makes you feel good about your holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OUCH!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

name a better option in the county then

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Options in Anne Arundel in order of general level of competition.

Hawks
Diamondbacks
Penninsula (PLC)
Rockfish
Sidewinders
Wild

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. Sorry buddy, known fact Hawks has way more holdbacks than Crabs or any other 2020 club. And the pathetic thing is that it is trickling down to 2021 and especially 2022 with a large number of holdbacks. This started a few years ago as Hawks coaches/players/parents were tired of loosing so the holdback system became the "business model" of Hawks and it continues to grow. Pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
Diamondbacks
Penninsula (PLC)
Rockfish
Sidewinders
Wild

Don't you own a car? Plenty of much options than those teams within a 20 min drive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. Sorry buddy, known fact Hawks has way more holdbacks than Crabs or any other 2020 club. And the pathetic thing is that it is trickling down to 2021 and especially 2022 with a large number of holdbacks. This started a few years ago as Hawks coaches/players/parents were tired of loosing so the holdback system became the "business model" of Hawks and it continues to grow. Pathetic.

this is an uninformed statement, while there may be kids being held back this is not the business model of the Annapolis Hawks, no coaches are promoting the idea like the crabs. you should do some homework before you make accusations

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this is an uninformed statement, while there may be kids being held back this is not the business model of the Annapolis Hawks, no coaches are promoting the idea like the crabs. you should do some homework before you make accusations

Hawks are looking sing the holdback battle big time! Baltimore and Bethesda kicks their [lacrosse] at every level. No Hawks team has even half the number of holdbacks as crabs, D.C. Express , fca, or madlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks are looking sing the holdback battle big time! Baltimore and Bethesda kicks their [lacrosse] at every level. No Hawks team has even half the number of holdbacks as crabs, D.C. Express , fca, or madlax.

Sure they do, maybe even more than the clubs you mentioned. Not being critical but at some point Hawks is going to have to be up front and stop the denial and admit they do have a good number of holdbacks, especially on their 2020, 2021 and 2022 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it is a very informed statement. Plus plenty of, as you call it," homework" was done. I call it research but in the end, it comes out the same. It is the way it is in club lacrosse today since it went to grade base rather than age. .But to keep up the denial is just making the Hawks organization look silly. Many know the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it is a very informed statement. Plus plenty of, as you call it," homework" was done. I call it research but in the end, it comes out the same. It is the way it is in club lacrosse today since it went to grade base rather than age. .But to keep up the denial is just making the Hawks organization look silly. Many know the truth.

name a coach from the Hawks that is telling parents to hold their children back to better their lacrosse careers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
Diamondbacks
Penninsula (PLC)
Rockfish
Sidewinders
Wild

Don't you own a car? Plenty of much options than those teams within a 20 min drive.

please, do tell

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's also a new club, I believe it's called prostart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
Diamondbacks
Penninsula (PLC)
Rockfish
Sidewinders
Wild

please, do tell

Storm and USS on Kent Island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs a

Hawks
Diamondbacks
Penninsula (PLC)
Rockfish
Sidewinders
Wild

please, do tell

Crabs and FCA, for ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs a

Hawks
Diamondbacks
Penninsula (PLC)
Rockfish
Sidewinders
Wild

please, do tell

Crabs and FCA, for ones.

both good clubs and better than the bottom 5 on the list, but hardly 20 minutes and while they are comparable neither of those two are a better option across the board than Hawks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
Diamondbacks
Penninsula (PLC)
Rockfish
Sidewinders
Wild

please, do tell

now that's funny right there, i don't care who you are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
Diamondbacks
Penninsula (PLC)
Rockfish
Sidewinders
Wild

please, do tell

now that's funny right there, i don't care who you are

I can't think of any other clubs within 20 min. Snappers and Prime are gone - right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs a

Hawks
Diamondbacks
Penninsula (PLC)
Rockfish
Sidewinders
Wild

please, do tell

Crabs and FCA, for ones.

both good clubs and better than the bottom 5 on the list, but hardly 20 minutes and while they are comparable neither of those two are a better option across the board than Hawks

LOL if you think Hawks is anywhere near the tier those clubs are on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
Diamondbacks
Penninsula (PLC)
Rockfish
Sidewinders
Wild

[/quote]

Don't you own a car? Plenty of much options than those teams within a 20 min drive.[/quote]

please, do tell
[/quote]

Crabs and FCA, for ones.[/quote]

both good clubs and better than the bottom 5 on the list, but hardly 20 minutes and while they are comparable neither of those two are a better option across the board than Hawks[/quote]

LOL if you think Hawks is anywhere near the tier those clubs are on.[/quote]

without question they are on the same tier

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Without question you're clueless. Look at the commit lists of those three clubs and come back with that nonsense.

Hawks isn't close to FCA and Crabs on where their kids go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where those kids play high school Lacrosse determines the opportunity to play in college. Clubs claim credit where it does not belong. FCA and Crabs kids play mostly for Baltimore MIAA schools - CH, Loy, St P, McD. Hawks is a great club. But where do those kids play HS ball? St Mary's, AS, ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Without question you're clueless. Look at the commit lists of those three clubs and come back with that nonsense.

Just guessing but
Hawks has 60% starters going D1
FCA has 75%
Crabs has 90%

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where those kids play high school Lacrosse determines the opportunity to play in college. Clubs claim credit where it does not belong. FCA and Crabs kids play mostly for Baltimore MIAA schools - CH, Loy, St P, McD. Hawks is a great club. But where do those kids play HS ball? St Mary's, AS, ?

SM, Spalding, Severn, Severna Park, Kent Island, DeMatha, Broadneck, Annapolis, where else would kids from the general Annapolis area go to school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just guessing but
Hawks has 60% starters going D1
FCA has 75%
Crabs has 90%

i think 60 percent might be a little low, believe 2018 and 2019 have a large number of kids going D1, as well as others going on to D2 or D3 schools

Page 28 of 28 1 2 26 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard