BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Boys 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the most elite fall tournaments for the 2018s who have not yet been recruited?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well what year was that. I have not heard of this anytime my last 5 years or so.

It was 100% within the last 5 years, but I am not going to tell you more because you are the stalker guy who wants to see club rosters for boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL, guys, most of the top D1 programs are full or are finalizing their rosters. If they haven't contacted your son yet. he's not on their list. Move on, enjoy the D2 or D3 recruiting process. Use lacrosse to get into the best academic school you can (that's a good fit). Unless your kid is one of the driven few, tell them to enjoy the last two years of club and high school lacrosse. The sport is glorified club at the pro level and is a non-revenue sport collegiately. Translation: its a fun sport but not an avenue to make a living. Play for a club that fits you. If you really want to work on your craft, play box in Canada all summer or see if you can sneak onto a college team for summer ball. Trust me when I tell you that the lacrosse training in box or the speepd of the collegiate game will prepare you much better for the next level than some overpriced, overhyped club recruiting circuit. If parents want to spend money, split the cost of working with a great position coach with another like minded player and get really good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played for Madlax (he's at a D1 school now). When we asked about recruiting help, we were absolutely told to join the Madlax Recruiting Service, which was a monthly fee that included junk like a "sit down discussion" and a certain number of calls a month. Again, we played for Madlax. It absolutely was pushed onto us and we said forget it.

BS. You are obviously not very well liked. My kid got the recruiting for free--he's going to a top D1 program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You never played for Madlax because over the last 5 years Madlax has for sure posted the rosters of all the kids. Even the youngest one. If you think this is creepy why did you let them post your sons name online all those times?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BW's "18" number (if that is really accurate) is very misleading. They have guys who show up one day of a tournament, play a few games, and never come back. They may have committed before or after that event - nobody knows. The people most in the dark are the guys on that team. Since they are not allowed to have a tent, they simply roam around and toe the party line that it doesn't matter who their teammates are. Weird culture.

You are so right, 18 commits wondering the parking lots with no tent to go to and only college recruiters to talk to. Man, you gots issues.

Dude, let your hate go and start harassing the 2022 thread.

Dude, the #1 gripe among current and former BW families is how weird the culture there is. It's almost like they go out of their way to promote "look out for #1". Weird how a kid shows up to a tournament and sees 10 new teammates who may or may not be there next week.

If you are not in close contact with several college coaches you should never go to BW. They have great players but they are true definition of Cherry Picking. They are prefect for the kid from a top high school and who will be recruited no matter where they play club.

And you can get recruited playing for Madlax as long as you pay the Recruiting Service fee. That is the only club I've ever heard of that charges a monthly fee to talk to coaches on your son's behalf.
Nobody at Madlax pays a "recruiting fee" - Cabell has had that up since day one and we've never paid nor any of the other recruited teammates of my son have paid it...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone compared fall tourney schedules? Any chance Madlax, VLC or BW 2018s could be squaring off against each other?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone compared fall tourney schedules? Any chance Madlax, VLC or BW 2018s could be squaring off against each other?
Not a chance that BW will let that happen. Trig makes sure they don't play any of the local clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a chance that BW will let that happen. Trig makes sure they don't play any of the local clubs.

Tell me again how the Madlax owner is the worst thing to ever happen to Lacrosse in the DMV. Trig and his club are what is wrong with club lacrosse. I would have more respect for them if he and his club where more translucent. BW has never made a kid into a D1 player. D1 players wear a BW uniform 3 or 4 times and Trig and his people take credit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It happened once. VLC 2018 played BW 2018 at the UMD fall event last year. VLC won by 3 but both were missing guys. Would be fun to see all 3 full squads play each other.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BW's "18" number (if that is really accurate) is very misleading. They have guys who show up one day of a tournament, play a few games, and never come back. They may have committed before or after that event - nobody knows. The people most in the dark are the guys on that team. Since they are not allowed to have a tent, they simply roam around and toe the party line that it doesn't matter who their teammates are. Weird culture.

You are so right, 18 commits wondering the parking lots with no tent to go to and only college recruiters to talk to. Man, you gots issues.

Dude, let your hate go and start harassing the 2022 thread.

Dude, the #1 gripe among current and former BW families is how weird the culture there is. It's almost like they go out of their way to promote "look out for #1". Weird how a kid shows up to a tournament and sees 10 new teammates who may or may not be there next week.

If you are not in close contact with several college coaches you should never go to BW. They have great players but they are true definition of Cherry Picking. They are prefect for the kid from a top high school and who will be recruited no matter where they play club.

And you can get recruited playing for Madlax as long as you pay the Recruiting Service fee. That is the only club I've ever heard of that charges a monthly fee to talk to coaches on your son's behalf.
Nobody at Madlax pays a "recruiting fee" - Cabell has had that up since day one and we've never paid nor any of the other recruited teammates of my son have paid it...

Not true. I know 3 families that paid for the service. Total scam.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, me too. Three BW families paid Cabell to get their kid recruited.

He did. Trig took credit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This cracks me up. 3 families paid for something. Did they read what they paid for? Did they get what they paid for? Can you find other places or people in this country charging for this service? I am guessing every answer is YES!! And if so what is the problem?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This cracks me up. 3 families paid for something. Did they read what they paid for? Did they get what they paid for? Can you find other places or people in this country charging for this service? I am guessing every answer is YES!! And if so what is the problem?

Name another club that charges to help its players get recruited. Seriously - a college recruiting service that is a separate fee.

Nobody else does this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok they also sell sticks, gloves, and helmets. Name another club that does this. It is not a required thing. And I can promise you 10000% that they will call,email and answer the phone for your son if he plays for Madlax without the Fee. My son is not a D1 sure thing stud and they help me and answer all my emails. I do not pay for this fee. You can find issues with Madlax but this is not a issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell me again how the Madlax owner is the worst thing to ever happen to Lacrosse in the DMV.

Google his name and check out one particular article.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell me again how the Madlax owner is the worst thing to ever happen to Lacrosse in the DMV.

Madlax lost some 2020 kids to BW as pointed out on this site several times. How did the Madlax owner handle that? He has learn from his mistake. Also the two guys below him really handle 90% of things now. And in my opinion they do a really good job. They answer all my questions and work with you if you need help. And I have to point this out again you only see the from emails in this story. They leave out all the emails,phone calls , and conversations from the crazy azz day in this case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax lost some 2020 kids to BW as pointed out on this site several times. How did the Madlax owner handle that? He has learn from his mistake. Also the two guys below him really handle 90% of things now. And in my opinion they do a really good job. They answer all my questions and work with you if you need help. And I have to point this out again you only see the from emails in this story. They leave out all the emails,phone calls , and conversations from the crazy azz day in this case.

I'm not in this conversation, but I'll bite.

1. What exactly has the Madlax owner learned from his "mistake" and what has he done to stem the defections from this 2020 team (and how exactly would you know this)? I'm aware that he has been hurt badly by Express and Next Level in the youth levels, so do you know know how he is going to deal with future losses?

2. Even the family left the worst emails/voice mails in the world, nothing can justify his response? If you are a service business and your customer leaves, do you threaten them for daring to chose a different vendor? He takked about the kid getting hurt by his former teammates, and ruining his reputation at his school and future college.

How can you or anyone defend that? Seriously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He learned by not repeating those actions with this knew group of kids that left 2020. And aren't we all glad that our worst fight was not recorded and replayed in a public forum. So if you have never lost your temper and said things you did not mean you can kill him for it. But I have lost my temper and said and even done things I would not do again. So I choose to forgive him for it. I have talked to the father who was on the other side of those emails. I am impressed he did not just punch the guy, He is a man that needs a good punch in the face.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you get paid for every Madlax apology you post here?

I am not worried about this happening to me because if one of my clients wants to go elsewhere, I wish that person luck and hope to win his business next time.

I don't threaten people who do something contrary to my business' interests. Because I am an adult.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you get paid for every Madlax apology you post here?

I am not worried about this happening to me because if one of my clients wants to go elsewhere, I wish that person luck and hope to win his business next time.

I don't threaten people who do something contrary to my business' interests. Because I am an adult.

Do you get paid every time you bring up something from 5 years ago. You feel the need to post about something so old and I feel the need to reply to your clear bashing of a club that cut your son or took your sons teams best player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Anyone with a differing opinion of you about Madlax must have had a son cut by Madlax, or Madlax must have taken our team's best player.

You sound like a Trump apologist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Anyone with a differing opinion of you about Madlax must have had a son cut by Madlax, or Madlax must have taken our team's best player.

Then please explain to me why you keep going out of your way to bring up the email from 5 years ago? I do not go out of my way to tell everyone the Madlax owner is until you and your people start bashing him and the club. I would rather talk about what showcase to attend and what tournaments are the best? Or what prospect camp is worth doing and when should you do them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny reading through the recent 2018 top 50s. Wondering if the author actually watches in season game film like the football scounting services do. There are kids on these lists that are deep on the bench (don't touch the field except in a mop up role or maybe get one or two runs per game) on their high school teams and I'm not talking about Barry Sanders behind Thurman Thomas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then please explain to me why you keep going out of your way to bring up the email from 5 years ago? I do not go out of my way to tell everyone the Madlax owner is until you and your people start bashing him and the club. I would rather talk about what showcase to attend and what tournaments are the best? Or what prospect camp is worth doing and when should you do them.

Not the same guy, but from what I've seen, those people bring it up whenever you (yes you, because you are the only one here who consistently mangles the English language) tout Madlax, they are there to correct the record. I haven't seen people bring up the negatives about Madlax unless they are disputing something you wrote.

I, for one, appreciate the heads-up. After reading things here and seeing that email thread, it was an easy choice to stay far away from Madlax. Seems like more and more Montgomery County families feel the same way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the same guy, but from what I've seen, those people bring it up whenever you (yes you, because you are the only one here who consistently mangles the English language) tout Madlax, they are there to correct the record. I haven't seen people bring up the negatives about Madlax unless they are disputing something you wrote.

I, for one, appreciate the heads-up. After reading things here and seeing that email thread, it was an easy choice to stay far away from Madlax. Seems like more and more Montgomery County families feel the same way.

That is a good trick how you say not the same guy. Also I have seen people write like me to pretend they are me several times on this site. That is what you get with a Anonymous site. But if you want to play for sub par teams just so you avoid the scary Madlax owner feel free. You are only hurting your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That hey you quitter e-mail is honestly the least of the reasons to stay away from that despicable money grubbing club. Even the name is ghey....Mad Wack!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But if you want to play for sub par teams just so you avoid the scary Madlax owner feel free. You are only hurting your son.

We live in the DMV and my son plays for the Crabs, so we are doing fine. So are our friends who play for FCA, BW and VLC. They play in great events and get recruited just as well or even better than Madlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax with #1 players in 2018 and 2019 classes!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do offers from the D3 schools go out to the 2018s?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But if you want to play for sub par teams just so you avoid the scary Madlax owner feel free. You are only hurting your son.

We live in the DMV and my son plays for the Crabs, so we are doing fine. So are our friends who play for FCA, BW and VLC. They play in great events and get recruited just as well or even better than Madlax.

You can say those clubs are equal but not better. What can be done to convince the top talent from the 9 B level clubs to tryout for these top 3 clubs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are not better than Madlax? LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can say those clubs are equal but not better. What can be done to convince the top talent from the 9 B level clubs to tryout for these top 3 clubs?

You are delusional. For those B clubs, there are maybe 2-3 kids who could make one of the clubs you mentioned (and most of them would be there for depth, not as an impact player).

Why do you say this over and over again? The only one who would possibly benefit would be Madlax because they are the only one who has B teams in order to make more money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are delusional. For those B clubs, there are maybe 2-3 kids who could make one of the clubs you mentioned (and most of them would be there for depth, not as an impact player).

Why do you say this over and over again? The only one who would possibly benefit would be Madlax because they are the only one who has B teams in order to make more money.

Seen a number of top college players (AAs) from MD not play for the top tier clubs. Lax World, Roughriders, Rock, Why did they play for these clubs? Friends, be a big fish in a medium pond, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree the top 3 players from the B clubs can make and play for the top 3 teams in DMV and if they do play for Madlax second team it would be a better option for them. I have broken down the money for Madlax compared to these other B level teams in the DMV. And Madlax is more but the extra cost is so over blown. If you can afford 4k a year for travel lacrosse you can afford $5500. Because what the cost police always fail to account for is Madlax offers 30% more field/game time over a 12 month time frame. And the other big thing is are you really saving money and spending your time wisely when you spend 2 days at a Va Beach tournament playing crap teams with no coaches watching. But what I can tell you the hotels at all tournaments are the same price so who is really winning the total cost game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree the top 3 players from the B clubs can make and play for the top 3 teams in DMV and if they do play for Madlax second team it would be a better option for them. I have broken down the money for Madlax compared to these other B level teams in the DMV. And Madlax is more but the extra cost is so over blown. If you can afford 4k a year for travel lacrosse you can afford $5500. Because what the cost police always fail to account for is Madlax offers 30% more field/game time over a 12 month time frame. And the other big thing is are you really saving money and spending your time wisely when you spend 2 days at a Va Beach tournament playing crap teams with no coaches watching. But what I can tell you the hotels at all tournaments are the same price so who is really winning the total cost game?

GED + Internet for Dummies is a lethal combination.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So my lack of prefect grammar and spelling makes what I say not true? If you are so smart reply with a complete answer with a counter point to my points.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So my lack of prefect grammar and spelling makes what I say not true? If you are so smart reply with a complete answer with a counter point to my points.

God you are the gift that keeps on giving. No wonder my Madlax friends cringe whenever they see your posts here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

God you are the gift that keeps on giving. No wonder my Madlax friends cringe whenever they see your posts here.

So once again you did not provide a counter point you just made fun of my lack of schooling. So you have Madlax friends but you come on here to bash their club behind their back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pointing out the ridiculous (and often false) things you say is not bashing.

I've never seen someone defending with such enthusiasm a business that threatens its own clients.

He must give you 10% off on Madlax socks.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard