BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Boys 2019- 10th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2019- 10th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who will be the coach of 2019 legacy? word is Sean Keenan can anyone confirm? tryouts are next weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
who will be the coach of 2019 legacy? word is Sean Keenan can anyone confirm? tryouts are next weekend

It says it on Pluto's website

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Flounder not Pluto

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Flounder not Pluto

C'mon boys it's Bluto. That's like calling Fonzi -Ponzi.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares, it's just a ploy to get kids to the tryout $$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hope not, that would be very cheesy and would give the ownership a bad label for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any insight regarding the low turnout for fl$ 2019 and 2018 tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure having SK and MT coaching the turnout should be pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MT coached the team 2 years ago and it was a disaster

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find that hard to believe. MT took SWR to states in his 1st year as HC. I'm sure many swr and Smithtown kids will be following.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find that hard to believe. MT took SWR to states in his 1st year as HC. I'm sure many swr and Smithtown kids will be following.

SK and MT were running 2019 last year at this time and they couldn't field one team. I'm not sure that kids will be flocking over there now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SK and MT were running 2019 last year at this time and they couldn't field one team. I'm not sure that kids will be flocking over there now.

What team are we talking about here?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is team twenty four for 2019 boys?, they recently had a tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently your son was not on Commando's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brian Boyle with Sean Keenan would have been a great combo for all involved.

As far as SWR you know where some their coaches were right after the Yorktown loss. The burger place having a laugh and a beer and driving home in the black pickup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone confirm that fl$ 2019 had less then 30 kids at tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team is that ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Confirmed
I was there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MT won't be there. His priorities are SWR and his other legacy team especially since he doesn't have a 2019 son anymore. They put his name on it for people who do like him. If you don't like him don't worry. He wasn't even at the tryout. If you do like him don't count it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone confirm that fl$ 2019 had less then 30 kids at tryouts?

It was right around 30

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow that program is going down. I'm guessing the gc kids left?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The program is not going down. That's ridiculous! At the same tryout they had about 80 kids for 2020. The older you get the smaller the numbers are so 10th and 11th grade are always less. The future of the program is solid based on the younger teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that logic of smaller numbers is true. Not saying it is not, then why the larger numbers at some of the other programs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that logic of smaller numbers is true. Not saying it is not, then why the larger numbers at some of the other programs

I think for various reasons. Express and 91 have big numbers, but they 4-5 teams at 2019. Outlaws has 2 or 3 teams. Legacy is trying to rebuild one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That year really wasn't that good to begin with. Now with GC kids who left what really type of team will they have?3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That year really wasn't that good to begin with. Now with GC kids who left what really type of team will they have?3

Last year they didn't have a 2019 team. Were these GC kids you like to talk about on the 2018/2019 team last year? They can have one decent 2019 team this year without the GC kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The program is not going down. That's ridiculous! At the same tryout they had about 80 kids for 2020. The older you get the smaller the numbers are so 10th and 11th grade are always less. The future of the program is solid based on the younger teams.

Big deal. They went all over LI holding free clinics trying to drum up business. You would hope for more kids than that after all that effort. And for all the high minded nonsense they preach, they got down in the mud and engaged in a nasty war last year with Chaminade. Long-term that cannot be good for a business that is at the top of the price point. What they have now is a travel team made up of 90% Manhasset and CSH. Good for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big deal. They went all over LI holding free clinics trying to drum up business. You would hope for more kids than that after all that effort. And for all the high minded nonsense they preach, they got down in the mud and engaged in a nasty war last year with Chaminade. Long-term that cannot be good for a business that is at the top of the price point. What they have now is a travel team made up of 90% Manhasset and CSH. Good for them.

We must be talking about two different programs. I was talking about south shore program, run by TZ and MT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We must be talking about two different programs. I was talking about south shore program, run by TZ and MT.

TZ's program went from having 3 2019 teams after they took over the old Havoc DD, to zero teams a year later. The other group that's being confused with this discussion that has the CSH and Manhasset kids tried to make in roads in some blue collar communities but failed evidently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TZ's program went from having 3 2019 teams after they took over the old Havoc DD, to zero teams a year later. The other group that's being confused with this discussion that has the CSH and Manhasset kids tried to make in roads in some blue collar communities but failed evidently.

Yeah but TZ should have never had 3, so I wouldn't even count that one. Really they went from two to zero, and now will be back up to one....what's the other program being confused in the convo? Igloo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
assuming they had a decent tryout then for legacy 2019 to field a solid group. I believe a solid core played with 2018 past summer and may have added to it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
assuming they had a decent tryout then for legacy 2019 to field a solid group. I believe a solid core played with 2018 past summer and may have added to it.

Yes it looks like the core group that played up on 2018 team last year and some new kids from tryouts will complete their 2019 team this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah but TZ should have never had 3, so I wouldn't even count that one. Really they went from two to zero, and now will be back up to one....what's the other program being confused in the convo? Igloo?

For the Love of Google

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FL$ ... The program is just not competitive. Most of the teams (especially the 2019s) cannot compete with the top programs in the northeast. They are entered in low-profile tournaments to avoid being exposed. Time has passed them by. All you need to do is look at the limited number of D1 (or any division) commitments of the 2017s, 2018s, 2019s, the numbers don't lie. Without the kids from that one town mentioned, they will be even more painful to watch.

Last year they didn't have a 2019 team. Were these GC kids you like to talk about on the 2018/2019 team last year? They can have one decent 2019 team this year without the GC kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FL$ ... The program is just not competitive. Most of the teams (especially the 2019s) cannot compete with the top programs in the northeast. They are entered in low-profile tournaments to avoid being exposed. Time has passed them by. All you need to do is look at the limited number of D1 (or any division) commitments of the 2017s, 2018s, 2019s, the numbers don't lie. Without the kids from that one town mentioned, they will be even more painful to watch.

I was asking about a different program, but I agree about FL$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was asking about a different program, but I agree about FL$.

Don't know about the 2018 or 2019, but my son was on the 2017 team and, while not Turtles-level, was quite respectable. By my count, there are at least 10 DI commitments and 6 top-20 DIII (may have missed one or two in the past few months). That leaves five (or so) kids that (at this point) are uncommitted out of 21. The average SAT for the schools which these kids are committed to is just over 1350 (on a two-test basis): 94th percentile.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FL$ got what was coming to them. They divested last year during tryouts away from Catholic school players and sold their soul to Manhasset and GC. They denied it, but was plain to see. Hide behind principal but it was about $$$ They were atrocious during the one fall tourney I watched. Attack was average, middies a step slow, defense was awful. Heard spring was the same, but can't confirm because they once again hide in obscure taylor made tourneys that they have vested interest in. No exposure is why people left but they can't see that. That's what you get when you try to marginalize. And now that GC has gone home, they are left a shell of themselves with no avenue to go down to rebuild till rifts heal. Shrewd business plain boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FL$ got what was coming to them. They divested last year during tryouts away from Catholic school players and sold their soul to Manhasset and GC. They denied it, but was plain to see. Hide behind principal but it was about $$$ They were atrocious during the one fall tourney I watched. Attack was average, middies a step slow, defense was awful. Heard spring was the same, but can't confirm because they once again hide in obscure taylor made tourneys that they have vested interest in. No exposure is why people left but they can't see that. That's what you get when you try to marginalize. And now that GC has gone home, they are left a shell of themselves with no avenue to go down to rebuild till rifts heal. Shrewd business plain boys.

So your son got cut by them? lol

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard