BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Announce your commitment to play college ball here!!
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
A place for lacrosse players and their families to announce where they commit to play lacrosse in college!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Announce your commitment to play college ball here!!
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by America's Game
A place for lacrosse players and their families to announce where they commit to play lacrosse in college!

After spending $35000 on 8 years of lax, we are proud to announce our daughter has committed to Nassau Community College. She was offered a $40 credit in the bookstore and a free NCC sweatshirt as her package. Our lax investment really paid off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like yto announce that I am committed to play college lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry I was looking for Pokemon and accidentally wandered into this forum...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So of you need to get COMMITTED and it ain't to college

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shocked not more are embracing this. The tweets by CR and posts by the big lax mags and recruiting companies is endless mind numbing self promotion. I think people are afraid of whos going to type back at them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by strongARM

After spending $35000 on 8 years of lax, we are proud to announce our daughter has committed to Nassau Community College. She was offered a $40 credit in the bookstore and a free NCC sweatshirt as her package. Our lax investment really paid off.

HAHA...that's gold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why people outside of Long Island think we are assholes. We can't even support our own. Every other region uses social media to promote their succes on Twitter, Facebook, and websites. We can't even do this. That's why we are divided and losing the hold we had on lacrosse for so many years. Other areas work to promote success of their players and all we do is knock each other. We are divided by our egos and inability to be happy for other people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is why people outside of Long Island think we are assholes. We can't even support our own. Every other region uses social media to promote their succes on Twitter, Facebook, and websites. We can't even do this. That's why we are divided and losing the hold we had on lacrosse for so many years. Other areas work to promote success of their players and all we do is knock each other. We are divided by our egos and inability to be happy for other people.

You are correct. Most MD parents read this sit for comic relief. The infighting among the LI clubs is unbelievable. From calling out kids to sordid tales involving coach's wives and parents, THAT IS GOLD

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Not true- the reason LI sucks compared to what it was is that there's only one powerhouse team and everyone plays into it... including the teams that were powerhouses at some point... they seam to have willingly folded up the idea of being good vs just collecting money adding more and more teams, etc.

There are 4-5 MD powerhouses, and 1 one on LI. The success of these teams has nothing to do with social media...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true- the reason LI sucks compared to what it was is that there's only one powerhouse team and everyone plays into it... including the teams that were powerhouses at some point... they seam to have willingly folded up the idea of being good vs just collecting money adding more and more teams, etc.

There are 4-5 MD powerhouses, and 1 one on LI. The success of these teams has nothing to do with social media...

You are so wrong. We have plenty of talent yet all we do is try and belittle others success. We do not have a united front or spokesman. Long Island has a lot of strong teams and they are for different programs. To say one program has all the best teams is ludicrous. It's also cyclical certain programs have strength at different times. Come on look at the Philly area and how they promote their players. We can't even have people say where they are committed without the BS that follows.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter just committed to Pilgrim State. She got a full ride. The cops drove her from my house right to their front door.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After 40 years of lacrosse sanity, I committed myself to Creedmore after reading BOTC posts for the past year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are so wrong. We have plenty of talent yet all we do is try and belittle others success. We do not have a united front or spokesman. Long Island has a lot of strong teams and they are for different programs. To say one program has all the best teams is ludicrous. It's also cyclical certain programs have strength at different times. Come on look at the Philly area and how they promote their players. We can't even have people say where they are committed without the BS that follows.

Name on grade from 2022 and up where any club on LI other than YJ has the strongest team. With the exception of TG 2020 two years ago, name one team on the island that has been better than YJ in last 4 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who in their right mind is going to open their kid up to the nuts that will come on here to criticize them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Name on grade from 2022 and up where any club on LI other than YJ has the strongest team. With the exception of TG 2020 two years ago, name one team on the island that has been better than YJ in last 4 years.

I'm COMPLETELY NOT a YJ parent... and never will be... and yet I agree with that completely.
All the silly chest puffing by the YJ parents (LOSERS) aside, it is a fact... LI parents have fed into a system rather than bucking it--- and the result is just this- ONE bad [lacrosse] team, the others so so (at least in comparison). Does someone really think that Elevate, TG, Liberty or Leeeeeg top 20 girls in each age group are beating YJ straight up in games? Any given Sunday perhaps, but if they played 10 games, YJ is winning 9 of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the non-YJ club parents from LI do is talk. You don't challenge yourselves and play in top tournaments against the good MD teams. Win or Lose, I give YJ credit for playing the schedule they do. If I was a LI parent, I'd rather my daughter lose a game to M&D, Skywalkers, etc, then spend the weekend playing other mediocre LI teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the non-YJ club parents from LI do is talk. You don't challenge yourselves and play in top tournaments against the good MD teams. Win or Lose, I give YJ credit for playing the schedule they do. If I was a LI parent, I'd rather my daughter lose a game to M&D, Skywalkers, etc, then spend the weekend playing other mediocre LI teams.

the only problem with that thought process is if your kids not top half of the roster she's not playing in those games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the only problem with that thought process is if your kids not top half of the roster she's not playing in those games

News Flash. That's the way it is at all the top teams. This isn't rec lacrosse. The playing time equals out throughout the weekend. But the best players play in the tight games. The coaches can't tell their directors they lost because they had to give everyone minutes.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wow. People, this was intended to be a thread to post commitments to college and look what it has become. Either we get a few posts about commits to college on here or thread will be deleted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly I would love to post about my sons commitment , but I know only negative comments will follow, sadly this twill never work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. People, this was intended to be a thread to post commitments to college and look what it has become. Either we get a few posts about commits to college on here or thread will be deleted.

Maybe the parents or kids can send you their commitments and you can post them? Also you have the power to block any negative comments, yes? Thats the only way it works, otherwise all the FLIDS will surely ruin it. I think its a great idea, kids should be recognized for what is truly a great accomplishment without all the jealousy and negativity.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Maybe the parents or kids can send you their commitments and you can post them? Also you have the power to block any negative comments, yes? Thats the only way it works, otherwise all the FLIDS will surely ruin it. I think its a great idea, kids should be recognized for what is truly a great accomplishment without all the jealousy and negativity.

Great point and post. If anyone would like me to announce their kids commitment you may private message me and i will post it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great point and post. If anyone would like me to announce their kids commitment you may private message me and i will post it.

You make a good point, then compromise it by making a reference about posters from a certain region as if you know where all the posters live. Yes, I do know what FLID stands for. You are just as bad as them.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

You make a good point, then compromise it by making a reference about posters from a certain region as if you know where all the posters live. Yes, I do know what FLID stands for. You are just as bad as them.

Look its just frustrating that there is so much hate on this site. I tried to create a way to celebrate and give some support to the hard working kids that play lacrosse on Long Island who have achieved their ultimate goal of playing at the next level. Yet as we see it becomes a bash session. We have not even had one post and people are complaining and bashing. It seems you are upset about the poster who uses the term FLID. OK. Tell me when you read a forum that is Long island based and all the attacks or bad mouthing on here are primarily from Long Island posters what do you want the poster to call them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not upset, I have spent many summers standing as far away as possible on the sidelines from some of these people. I cringe at some of the things that are said and done. The sad part is many are moms, but they are not exclusive to LI. I could make up acronyms for all the regions, maybe that could be another thread.
Anyway, I agree that the thought of a commitment page with no comments is the way to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I truly believe that your intentions are noble regarding a commitment thread.

With all due respect, there is NO WAY I would voluntarily identify my MINOR son on this forum for any reason, including a commitment announcement. The people who need to know already know who he is and where he is going to play. Others have found out organically through the grapevine. There are too many trolls on here. JMHO.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I truly believe that your intentions are noble regarding a commitment thread.

With all due respect, there is NO WAY I would voluntarily identify my MINOR son on this forum for any reason, including a commitment announcement. The people who need to know already know who he is and where he is going to play. Others have found out organically through the grapevine. There are too many trolls on here. JMHO.

I wish I could do something nice for the kids who have busted their butts. Yet it seems almost impossible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities. Day in and day out on this forum people bash each other and ridicule their kids and youre concerned about the use of the word FLID? I would venture a guess that 95 percent or better of the people that post on here are from LI. So if youre from LI and you come to this forum to spew nonsense and jealousy, yes you are indeed a FLID. A kid committing to a college to play this great game at the highest level should be celebrated, and this should be a place where people should feel free to post their kids commitment proudly without having to worry about all the Dbag comments that are sure to follow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities. Day in and day out on this forum people bash each other and ridicule their kids and youre concerned about the use of the word FLID? I would venture a guess that 95 percent or better of the people that post on here are from LI. So if youre from LI and you come to this forum to spew nonsense and jealousy, yes you are indeed a FLID. A kid committing to a college to play this great game at the highest level should be celebrated, and this should be a place where people should feel free to post their kids commitment proudly without having to worry about all the Dbag comments that are sure to follow.

For the most part I agree, however many parents will trample over and crawl up as many asses as possible to gain an advantage for their kid, hence the resentment! And yes I have a top player who has dealt with this bs for years. Most kids well deserving , plenty of [lacrosse] kissing aholes in the mix as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
problem with all of this is we sit next to obnoxious me first got to get mine parents for years that we all despise. Why are they passing to him... why is she in the game... go to goal (even though you have 10 and we are winning by 10) and the I'm not apologizing for my kid being than yours.

98% of Kids that are 16.17,18 are 98% are great and deserve what they have worked for but most parents suck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you could accomplish your goal by not allowing any responsive posts at all to announced commits. So very sad that is what it would take for people to acknowledge kids who have worked hard and achieved their goals but that is what it would take

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard