BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 30 1 2 28 29 30
Re: Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So my friend wants us to tryout for YJ and she claims the B team is just as good as the A team and actually has a few girls that are better? She said they were hoping to play the A team but the club director made sure that did t happen. Is the second team just as good or close to the top team? She sad they expect a bunch of B team players to move up and that should open up some spots on the B team? Are they really that good and do they compete n the same brackets?

The B team is as good as other club A teams but not as good as the YJ A team. Doubtful many girls are moving up, probably 2-4 moving down.

If that was true then why did CR replace half your roster with 2022 girls for nationals? This team isn't as good as other clubs top teams. Very weak team, with a go to goal highlight myself attitude.

Clearly trying to start trouble. This team beat the other half of the national team in head to head so the 2021 is the stronger team . Why they brought half of the younger team is another discussion. The team lost to express black by 1 in a game they should have won. I believ express black has beaten te and Liberty so clearly competitive with these teams. Next year when the top te,tg and express girls mive to YJ A this team will be better than all of them. But thanks for your input.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So my friend wants us to tryout for YJ and she claims the B team is just as good as the A team and actually has a few girls that are better? She said they were hoping to play the A team but the club director made sure that did t happen. Is the second team just as good or close to the top team? She sad they expect a bunch of B team players to move up and that should open up some spots on the B team? Are they really that good and do they compete n the same brackets?

The B team is as good as other club A teams but not as good as the YJ A team. Doubtful many girls are moving up, probably 2-4 moving down.

If that was true then why did CR replace half your roster with 2022 girls for nationals? This team isn't as good as other clubs top teams. Very weak team, with a go to goal highlight myself attitude.

Clearly trying to start trouble. This team beat the other half of the national team in head to head so the 2021 is the stronger team . Why they brought half of the younger team is another discussion. The team lost to express black by 1 in a game they should have won. I believ express black has beaten te and Liberty so clearly competitive with these teams. Next year when the top te,tg and express girls mive to YJ A this team will be better than all of them. But thanks for your input.

The difference in that head to head game was the goalie play..swap one for the other and the youngsters win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The difference in that head to head game was the goalie play..swap one for the other and the youngsters win

You win as a team and you lose as a team. They Had to get by your D to get to the goalie. Had to get possession before that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You win as a team and you lose as a team. They Had to get by your D to get to the goalie. Had to get possession before that. [/quote]

Every go-to-goal parent and kid I've heard crying about goalies or defense fails to realize this. If the other team doesn't have the ball, they cannot score.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You win as a team and you lose as a team. They Had to get by your D to get to the goalie. Had to get possession before that.

Every go-to-goal parent and kid I've heard crying about goalies or defense fails to realize this. If the other team doesn't have the ball, they cannot score.
[/quote]

I'm talking about a specific 25 minute game in which one teams goalie played particularly well, stopping a larger number of shots.
and TBH the 2021 team has a much larger ratio of go to goal kids

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Not sure of your point? Blaming the goalie for a loss is just outrageous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure of your point? Blaming the goalie for a loss is just outrageous. [/quote]

Not blaming a Goalie, but giving extra credit to one who made more saves

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So half the National team were younger 2022 players? DId they have fake tryouts for this team or were they just hand picked? That's very said that CR didn't have enough confidence in a straight 2021 B team considering how weak the competition was! There's no way this team can compete with other clubs A teams if that's the case. What excuse do the parents who didn't make the Nat team using? If my 2021 was passed up for a younger 2022 I would say see you later YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express did not beat elevate. Express is very good team though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So half the National team were younger 2022 players? DId they have fake tryouts for this team or were they just hand picked? That's very said that CR didn't have enough confidence in a straight 2021 B team considering how weak the competition was! There's no way this team can compete with other clubs A teams if that's the case. What excuse do the parents who didn't make the Nat team using? If my 2021 was passed up for a younger 2022 I would say see you later YJ.

Yes, it has always been this way, hence tryouts. And the other larger clubs do it even with A teams. The top handful of girls on any A team are certainly better than the bottom half of the A team a year older, and head and shoulders above the bottom half of the B team. Directors trying to Put together the strongest team, this makes complete sense. Anger the girls on the B team who don't make the team at tryouts? Certainly. Should they not stand for it and leave the club like you suggest? Maybe. But in the end this move keeps the top players happy and returning.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, it has always been this way, hence tryouts. And the other larger clubs do it even with A teams. The top handful of girls on any A team are certainly better than the bottom half of the A team a year older, and head and shoulders above the bottom half of the B team. Directors trying to Put together the strongest team, this makes complete sense. Anger the girls on the B team who don't make the team at tryouts? Certainly. Should they not stand for it and leave the club like you suggest? Maybe. But in the end this move keeps the top players happy and returning.

So the 2021 B team would have been a total disaster at Nationals even with the non existint competition? That doesn't say much about the bottom half does it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are lucky the bottom half won't show up and then maybe your daughter will make it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are lucky the bottom half won't show up and then maybe your daughter will make it!

Or take your daughters spot! I'm guessing you didn't make it to Indy but I'm sure you and your husband have the YJ sticker on both cars and plenty of tee shirts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely true, beat YJ B and gave YJ A a good run for their money. Very strong team and should get more respect. Would have destroyed the B team in a full game. No disrespect but never saw a bigger bunch of out of shape girls on a lacrosse field than on that B team. coach should really have them run more often.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely true, beat YJ B and gave YJ A a good run for their money. Very strong team and should get more respect. Would have destroyed the B team in a full game. No disrespect but never saw a bigger bunch of out of shape girls on a lacrosse field than on that B team. coach should really have them run more often.

Lost 11-6. Sounds like your more on par with the B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your best player is going to YJA, by the way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG will have plenty of girls leaving this age group now that they are getting into recruiting age. It's happened to every age group ahead of them for the past 4 years. Girls might not end up on YJ A team but they will leave non the less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG will have plenty of girls leaving this age group now that they are getting into recruiting age. It's happened to every age group ahead of them for the past 4 years. Girls might not end up on YJ A team but they will leave non the less.

If they leave they won't be missed just like your daughter and especially you and your venom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct but not just one as a package had to be made to get her and same goes for TG player. We heard YJA is in for a big shake up. Not just the typical four players. Unfortunately, some who have been with this team since the beginning will soon be on the outside looking in. Hope your daughter is not one of the center mids? Good luck and see ya at tryouts...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct but not just one as a package had to be made to get her and same goes for TG player. We heard YJA is in for a big shake up. Not just the typical four players. Unfortunately, some who have been with this team since the beginning will soon be on the outside looking in. Hope your daughter is not one of the center mids? Good luck and see ya at tryouts...

3 girls from TG going to YJ A, their draw girl, the "MVP" from CR's all star game and the Goalie (going to play for her future HS coach, when Bert switches teams). Without those three TG will be a "c" club. The goalie is the only difference between the A and B team there anyway.
Several others from TG going to Leg a sea tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 girls from TG going to YJ A, their draw girl, the "MVP" from CR's all star game and the Goalie (going to play for her future HS coach, when Bert switches teams). Without those three TG will be a "c" club. The goalie is the only difference between the A and B team there anyway.

Bert isn't going. CR taking over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but the 2021 YJ A team had become the laughing stock of the LI club scene. Unless major changes are made and they drop half the team they will just continue down the same losing spiral. No way CR wants to coach this bunch, way too many connected kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but the 2021 YJ A team had become the laughing stock of the LI club scene. Unless major changes are made and they drop half the team they will just continue down the same losing spiral. No way CR wants to coach this bunch, way too many connected kids.

If YJ Skak is a laughingstock, what does that make the rest of the LI 2021 teams since none of them as ever beaten Skak?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If YJ Skak is a laughingstock, what does that make the rest of the LI 2021 teams since none of them as ever beaten Skak?

Your team stinks! You barely beat Express and Liberty. Plus you haven't played TG or TE. Face it, the playing field has leveled and most of your so called called A players are really B players. Just calling it as I see it Hope CR can pull the trigger and drop all the connected kids otherwise you will continue to slide even with the infusion of new girls.

Page 30 of 30 1 2 28 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard