Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
#179507 - 08/05/16 09:46 AM Girls Tryout Discussion  
strongARM Offline
Back of THE CAGE
strongARM  Offline
Back of THE CAGE

As tryouts approach it would be interesting to see who has what to say about tryouts they've attended etc.

My daughter is going to 3-4 of them in the 2020 group... Will be interesting to see turnouts as it seems lots of teams had bad to mixed results in 2020 with regard to play along with actually fielding real teams.

Top Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#179513 - 08/05/16 10:13 AM Re: Girls Tryout Discussion [Re: strongARM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

3-4 tryouts?..that's a bunch!...
what we have found is that if your daughter is not an A player on an A team, then pretty much everything else (B teams) are an afterthought...I would guess that every program is the same...there may be an exception as far as players are concerned, but really how many coaches are scouting a meaningless B level game at a crappy tournament?

Top Reply Quote
#179515 - 08/05/16 10:18 AM Re: Girls Tryout Discussion [Re: strongARM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by strongARM
As tryouts approach it would be interesting to see who has what to say about tryouts they've attended etc.

My daughter is going to 3-4 of them in the 2020 group... Will be interesting to see turnouts as it seems lots of teams had bad to mixed results in 2020 with regard to play along with actually fielding real teams.

What club tryouts will your daughter be attending and why are you leaving your previous club? This 2020 age group is a mess should be very interesting indeed. I haven't decided what programs I'm having my daughter tryout for. They all seem to operate the same here on LI. Politics, F&F, Lack of quality coaching etc etc.

Top Reply Quote
#179517 - 08/05/16 10:45 AM Re: Girls Tryout Discussion [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Anonymous
what we have found is that if your daughter is not an A player on an A team, then pretty much everything else (B teams) are an afterthought...I would guess that every program is the same...there may be an exception as far as players are concerned, but really how many coaches are scouting a meaningless B level game at a crappy tournament?

My only recruiting experience is from the 2016 age group but if you look back at the big 3 commit lists from that age you'll see plenty of girls who played on B teams that found very nice homes at some really nice schools. B team players don't commit first.. but they commit.

Top Reply Quote
#179543 - 08/05/16 01:12 PM Re: Girls Tryout Discussion [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

My only recruiting experience is from the 2016 age group but if you look back at the big 3 commit lists from that age you'll see plenty of girls who played on B teams that found very nice homes at some really nice schools. B team players don't commit first.. but they commit.

this is a great post for all to see.. true in boys as well

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#179548 - 08/05/16 01:49 PM Re: Girls Tryout Discussion [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

The last sentence in this post should be sent to Webster's Dictionary....they could use it as an example under the definition of short sighted

Top Reply Quote
#179551 - 08/05/16 02:21 PM Re: Girls Tryout Discussion [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very true, Daughter played with a club's 2016 B team and every girl, that wants to, will be playing in college.

Top Reply Quote
#179604 - 08/05/16 09:18 PM Re: Girls Tryout Discussion [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

OP here.... if you are relying on this crap for recruiting and moreover to pay for college you are delusional unless your kid is in the top 5 percent of players.

Your argument re b teams all the same is like saying if you are not driving a Ferrari all other cars are just the same.

Lastly, perhaps, just perhaps my kid likes playing the game yet doesn't rely on it for a means to an odds-against end. That doesn't mean she doesn't want to get to the best competition she can muster, it just means I am not giving her, the refs, coaches, and other players a brow beating 4 Sunday afternoons in summer

Top Reply Quote
#180357 - 08/10/16 10:54 AM Re: Girls Tryout Discussion [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

So, who's going to which tryouts? We are going to a couple- liberty and probably elevate.

Top Reply Quote
#180371 - 08/10/16 11:55 AM Re: Girls Tryout Discussion [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

My daughter also. I would love some feed back on these teams. I really want her in a solid program where the coaches are concerned with the development of the player. Some constructive advice would be greatly appreciated. We are in Nassau.

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#180423 - 08/10/16 01:43 PM Re: Girls Tryout Discussion [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Liberty has stepped it up in the past year or two and are offering year play. DG is top notch and we are very happy with Liberty.

Top Reply Quote
#180452 - 08/10/16 03:12 PM Re: Girls Tryout Discussion [Re: strongARM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Beach Bums?.....any opinions?...where they located out of?...

Top Reply Quote
#180489 - 08/10/16 05:56 PM Re: Girls Tryout Discussion [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

First I've seen anybody mention BB's. Was hoping we could keep it a secret.

Top Reply Quote
#180672 - 08/11/16 02:43 PM Re: Girls Tryout Discussion [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

My daughter also. I would love some feed back on these teams. I really want her in a solid program where the coaches are concerned with the development of the player. Some constructive advice would be greatly appreciated. We are in Nassau.

Liberty and Legacy here. Heard good things from players in both programs regarding coaching and playing year round at our daughters year (2021), and would like to be part of a competitive team (that's not called YJ).

Top Reply Quote
#180676 - 08/11/16 03:02 PM Re: Girls Tryout Discussion [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Liberty and Legacy here. Heard good things from players in both programs regarding coaching and playing year round at our daughters year (2021), and would like to be part of a competitive team (that's not called YJ).

They practice way west and way east respectively, right?

Top Reply Quote
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
Image Verification

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Harding Battle by the Bay
Harding Summer Sunset
Andy Forsberg Memorial Lacrosse Tournament
JC17 Memorial Shootout for Dreams