BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 97 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any insight into PT? Do they have much turnover in their rosters

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WITH MORE OPTIONS ACROSS THE BOARD, IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE HAS TURNOVER - SEEING KIDS GO TO EXPRESS NORTH OR FROM EXPRESS NORTH TO PRIMETIME - SEEING KIDS LEAVE 91 TO OTHERS ETC. I think the new warrior program could be a contender in the future , the Savastano brothers are true pros with a gazillion connections

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds are strong 2017 and 2020. 2020's played on the island and won the fl$ tourney, went undefeated in MD at a Loyola Showcase, semi's at MVP Rising in Towson, and won NXT Cup in Philly. 17-2-1 over the summer. Good competition. Building Blocks, Iron Horse Georgia Thunder, Three Dee San Diego, Ninety Plus Maryland. Played lots of those recruited 2020's. Placed higher than PT in all tourneys where they competed together. Should be where talent collects in Westchester for the important recruiting year. Also should be playing the top teams competitively next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe in the future but for the HS level teams they play in low level tourrnaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2way out of Brunswick seems to have top tier coaching. They might be a good location for kids as is 3D Tri State.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
David Earl, who runs 2way, is great and David Bruce from Brunswick just joined on. I believe something good will be built over time there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT takes the best players that tryout period. Everyone, regardless of if you were on the team the year before, has to earn their spot on the team. Only difference for existing players is you don't have to pay to tryout - you've earned your right to try to keep your spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
impressive. where else did prefators play besides NXT?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this their first year with multiple grad years. I have only seen youth teams in the past?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2way has coaches from top tier schools but I would not call the coaching top tier.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
David Earl, who runs 2way, is great and David Bruce from Brunswick just joined on. I believe something good will be built over time there.

Just another in an already crowded market. I'm pretty sure Bruce is making a mistake from a competitive standpoint, but it is probably more lucrative to run a team that will compete with NinetyOne North in the 'town' tourneys than to try and build a recruiting machine.

If I were a Brunswick family I'd be very concerned with feeling pressured to support the coach's new venture versus an established organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT had a VERYy rough year at 2020.
As far as taking the best kids period. Im sure for those that have been there realize that is far from the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2way out of Brunswick seems to have top tier coaching. They might be a good location for kids as is 3D Tri State.

A resume does not equal top tier coaching. I have four sons, two have been through the club team system and are playing mid tier D1 (time flies!!). My younger two are playing club now and one conclusion we made a few years ago was forget the resume. My older boys were coached by a few guys who were stud players, had done some coaching but didn't teach them a thing and didn't stop yelling during games. Terrible experience. Their best coach was a guy who played D3 lax back in the day but loves the game and knows how to teach the kids the sport and ran VERY organized practices. Be open minded when considering a program and their coaches. Speak with parents or kids who have experienced the program. My youngest is coached by two guys that are passionate about the sport and the kids love playing for them. I have no idea nor do I care what their resume looks like. They know the game and how to teach the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2way has coaches from top tier schools but I would not call the coaching top tier.

Coaches are often hired for marketing purposes. Don't expect a 23 year old kid to know how to coach 25 rambunctious lacrosse player. It takes time to learn techniques, organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as taking the best kids period. Im sure for those that have been there realize that is far from the truth.
And yet one of their players has gotten an early commitment. What 2020 team in this area played in similar elite tournaments and had a better year? Although I'm not a fan of the Top Ten lists posted on this forum, PT basically played all those teams on a regular basis in their tournaments and lost most of them. What will be interesting is what happens with their 4-5 Brunswick kids, and their hope for adding more this year, with this David Bruce/2Way team thing mentioned above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators did as someone posted above. Would be good to see them play a game in the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
true statement, but where are all these 'best' players playing? The 2020 age group (without reclassified kids included) has not been a particularly strong group over the years...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
true statement, but where are all these 'best' players playing? The 2020 age group (without reclassified kids included) has not been a particularly strong group over the years...

The PT 2020 team is terrible because many of the better kids reclassified to the 2021 team. Enjoy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lot of rumors swirling that a number of 2020 kids are reclassing to 2021 in Westchester. Most if not all will be Catholic school kids chasing that D1 dream. Not sure what kind of numbers we are really talking about but is bound to impact some of the 2021s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The PT 2020 team is terrible because many of the better kids reclassified to the 2021 team. Enjoy.
Enjoy? Sounds like the usual parent of kid who PT cut. You don't even make sense. Maybe some kids will reclassify next summer to 2021 but highly unlikely PT 2020 had a rough summer this year because kids reclassified from 8th to 7th grade? And as far as next summer goes, a little early to call them 'terrible' without seeing which Brunswick kids Nick brings in, but if that makes you happy...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy? Sounds like the usual parent of kid who PT cut. You don't even make sense. Maybe some kids will reclassify next summer to 2021 but highly unlikely PT 2020 had a rough summer this year because kids reclassified from 8th to 7th grade? And as far as next summer goes, a little early to call them 'terrible' without seeing which Brunswick kids Nick brings in, but if that makes you happy...

My buddy's son is on the 2021 team, there a plenty of "holdbacks", "reclassed" "Leftback"...however you want to describe them. Older kids on the team and not everyone is happy about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you couldn't win with all the reclassified kids this past summer then the future does not look to good. You may also lose some of the precious Wick kids to 2way and their coach thay joined that program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My buddy's son is on the 2021 team, there a plenty of "holdbacks", "reclassed" "Leftback"...however you want to describe them. Older kids on the team and not everyone is happy about it.
Again, that may be true going forward, but if they were on the team this past summer and they went to the WSYL in Denver, then they were age appropriate for 2021 as that was an age based tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, that may be true going forward, but if they were on the team this past summer and they went to the WSYL in Denver, then they were age appropriate for 2021 as that was an age based tournament.

cut the [lacrosse] about WSYL being age appropriate this past year. Age appropriate for what. Look how they went back to 9/1 for next year. Just fess up freakin pathetic! and mine are in college and later stages of High School now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cut the [****] about WSYL being age appropriate this past year. Age appropriate for what. Look how they went back to 9/1 for next year. Just fess up freakin pathetic! and mine are in college and later stages of High School now. ??? is that an answer to 3 different posts or one wine spritzer too many?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The phrase "age appropriate" has a very plastic definition. The DOB cutoff for WSYL was a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cut the [****] about WSYL being age appropriate this past year. Age appropriate for what. Look how they went back to 9/1 for next year. Just fess up freakin pathetic! and mine are in college and later stages of High School now. ??? is that an answer to 3 different posts or one wine spritzer too many?

Not a wine spritzer to many... A response to any comments saying WSYL is age appropriate for anything. They took a recognized date of 9/1 then moved it twice to an arbitrary date.

When you create or introduce a new cluster/environment/boundary you cannot make a general statement it is (age) appropriate. appropriate ( in this case age) is a term meant for established boundaries. You can't just define a boundary and say they are appropriate. You can work off a boundary as a beta test, but to recognize it as rule witout proper vetting, doesn't mean it is right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a wine spritzer to many... A response to any comments saying WSYL is age appropriate for anything. They took a recognized date of 9/1 then moved it twice to an arbitrary date.

When you create or introduce a new cluster/environment/boundary you cannot make a general statement it is (age) appropriate. appropriate ( in this case age) is a term meant for established boundaries. You can't just define a boundary and say they are appropriate. You can work off a boundary as a beta test, but to recognize it as rule witout proper vetting, doesn't mean it is right

Especially when WSYL just reset it to 9/1 !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah for now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah for now

Reason #31 why the current lacrosse environment is atrocious. Why the heck can't everyone agree to use a DOB system like all of the other sports? If you're against it your are just trying to profit and exploit minors. Bottomline. In any other walk of life these actions would be demonized and possibly prosecuted. In lacrosse, we all acquiesce to the college coaches and clubs that feed into the broken system. Shameful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah for now

Reason #31 why the current lacrosse environment is atrocious. Why the heck can't everyone agree to use a DOB system like all of the other sports? If you're against it your are just trying to profit and exploit minors. Bottomline. In any other walk of life these actions would be demonized and possibly prosecuted. In lacrosse, we all acquiesce to the college coaches and clubs that feed into the broken system. Shameful.
Early recruiting-grade based system-holdbacks-deterioration of 'team' play on summer travel are all interconnected and while I share your frustration (prosecution is a little extreme) your point about profit is what drives the current state of travel lacrosse. As long as there are parents willing to pay for that possibility of a golden commitment ticket, why change? (Although a recent quote by Tillman, from UMD .that if 6 of 12 of their early recruits work out, then that's a success? I'm sure there will be some on here who will say for the other 6 at least Maryland is a good education, which it is, but something is wrong in that early recruitment thinking) My biggest problem with all this, and I've heard this from a few, is that the actual lacrosse played is becoming dreadful to watch. (summer teams)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My biggest problem with all this, and I've heard this from a few, is that the actual lacrosse played is becoming dreadful to watch. (summer teams)

I've seen this written several times and while I agree that the overall level of play has fallen, the level of play at the top end is really quite good.

The simple reason why the overall quality has fallen is rise in numbers of kids and teams playing.

The truth is that the pool of really talented, physically gifted, and dedicated players and teams has not grown much. There are only a handful of teams with parents that will happily drive to practice 10 months of the year. Let's face it, you have to be kinda nutty to really be great at any one (single) thing.

Summer lacrosse among the top teams is really great to watch.

The expansion of the business to accommodate demand had a predictable impact. If you are disappointed with the play, chances are your team is not at the top end.

And frankly that is totally fine. Some kids love to play but may not have the physical gifts others do. Many families are not willing to work out the logistics of getting their kid to the field continually. That is OK.

Quality is just fine but more varied than ever before. Whether you believe all those kids on 'B' and 'C' clubs and teams should be bothering is a different discussion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think one thing that would truly help out both parents and players is for directors to be willing to set up a summer league or winter league and let the boys play each other - no reason why pt shouldn't be playing express north, eclipse, etc through out the year in a relatively local setting - especially at the younger ages . and use these games as practice and as a teaching tool . I know the reasons they don't, but lets be honest, its not that hard to compare schedules etc and see who is better and kids will always move around, but in the meantime, set up a structuire where these kids can play without driving to every damn tourney 12 months a year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. The reality is that if a few kids leave for a competing team no club is going to lose money when they are 100 kids trying out. If you lose a stud it shouldn't affect a top team anyway. Let them play each other locally in scrimmages or play days. No one is going to lose not even the directors. I would hope they have more confidence in themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This post is spot on! perhaps as the sport continues to mature there will be more quality play top to bottom.

What also often gets missed is that many of us crazy parents/players enjoy the travel during the summer and have our expectations in check around recruiting. watching kids play, building friendships team dinners can be really a lot of fun.

don't like the prospect of going across the GWB on a Friday but the other stuff can be a blast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My biggest problem with all this, and I've heard this from a few, is that the actual lacrosse played is becoming dreadful to watch. (summer teams)

I've seen this written several times and while I agree that the overall level of play has fallen, the level of play at the top end is really quite good.

The simple reason why the overall quality has fallen is rise in numbers of kids and teams playing.

The truth is that the pool of really talented, physically gifted, and dedicated players and teams has not grown much. There are only a handful of teams with parents that will happily drive to practice 10 months of the year. Let's face it, you have to be kinda nutty to really be great at any one (single) thing.

Summer lacrosse among the top teams is really great to watch.

The expansion of the business to accommodate demand had a predictable impact. If you are disappointed with the play, chances are your team is not at the top end.

And frankly that is totally fine. Some kids love to play but may not have the physical gifts others do. Many families are not willing to work out the logistics of getting their kid to the field continually. That is OK.

Quality is just fine but more varied than ever before. Whether you believe all those kids on 'B' and 'C' clubs and teams should be bothering is a different discussion.
I should have been a bit clearer, in declaring it dreadful, my point was more directed to the concept of 'team' lacrosse. I saw too much of it on PT and Express North AA 2020 + 2019 where athletic middies are taking ill advised, low lacrosse IQ shots in the hopes of being seen and recruited early. But as far as your last statement, I don't care if you want to call it 'B' or 'C' there should always be an opportunity somewhere for kids who love the game and just want to play during the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I should have been a bit clearer, in declaring it dreadful, my point was more directed to the concept of 'team' lacrosse. I saw too much of it on PT and Express North AA 2020 + 2019 where athletic middies are taking ill advised, low lacrosse IQ shots in the hopes of being seen and recruited early.

Fair point. But you must admit that those two programs in particular make recruiting their primary focus.

You reap what you sow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I should have been a bit clearer, in declaring it dreadful, my point was more directed to the concept of 'team' lacrosse. I saw too much of it on PT and Express North AA 2020 + 2019 where athletic middies are taking ill advised, low lacrosse IQ shots in the hopes of being seen and recruited early.

Fair point. But you must admit that those two programs in particular make recruiting their primary focus.

You reap what you sow.

Have the two programs had many "early commits" in the 2019 and 2020 classes? How does one differentiate between a program that places kids and one that just has great players that should receive college attention? Contacts? Showcase appearances? Great coaching?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any insight into who the Express North 2020 coaches are?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any insight into who the Express North 2020 coaches are?

Good question. Also the 2021 team? Can't find anything on the website.

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 97 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard