BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 70 1 2 66 67 68 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo coach will never hand over his show

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Igloo coach will never hand over his show

Who the heck is BM? BIG Mac?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very nice turnout for the supplemental tryouts at the Igloo camp last night, saw about 30 kids there!

Agreed. Ton more than 2024. People must know there is an issue there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you should stop trolling back of cage and stay in your cage in eastmeadow your info is true trust me

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr. Bowel Movement

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was anyone at the 24 tryout? How was the turnout? Missed the first but thinking about the 2nd session.

My son tried out for 2025 which had an ok turn out. 2024 had a ton of kids.I would say for the other other grades they had maybe 2-8 kids tops. I was told, and you never know what is true, that the coach for 2023 has decided to stay with Bluefish 2024 instead of 24 since they already anticipate no 2023 or 2025 team. The cost raise from what was promised to us by Filacamo last year $350 included uni, helmet for the winter league and 1 spring tourney is now $1600 for a similar schedule. Doesn't jive for me. I feel like I got bait and switched.

If you've been around travel lacrosse at all you would know $350 is not realistic for a team to charge and provide all of the things you mentioned. Maybe when they started they did not have a realistic handle on cost and truly wanted to keep cost down but once the numbers were ran it was simply not sustainable.

Come on $350 for:
1. Helmet $200
2. Uni/swag $70
3. Practice facility $150 per kid
4. Winter League $80 per kid
5. Spring tournament $65 per kid

You can say what you want but do you really expect a organization to run at a deficit come on.

Why are you on the 2023 forum if your son tried out for 2025?
Since you have all this insite, and since it seems to be who your comments are centered around, i assume your son plays for levittown too.

Relax. Someone can give an opinion without you jumping in. He was there an was responding to the turnout question, and added something about the 2023 coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
meant to say not true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but your not speaking the truth so why come on boc and talk oh wait thats how you roll your opinion is miss info you have no clue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your opinion is based on misinformation you get while drinking with Ltown boys. Can you say "sour grapes". I guess you troll botc when your bored in the cage you work at in East Meadow. Have a nice day bluefish daddy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was anyone at the 24 tryout? How was the turnout? Missed the first but thinking about the 2nd session.

My son tried out for 2025 which had an ok turn out. 2024 had a ton of kids.I would say for the other other grades they had maybe 2-8 kids tops. I was told, and you never know what is true, that the coach for 2023 has decided to stay with Bluefish 2024 instead of 24 since they already anticipate no 2023 or 2025 team. The cost raise from what was promised to us by Filacamo last year $350 included uni, helmet for the winter league and 1 spring tourney is now $1600 for a similar schedule. Doesn't jive for me. I feel like I got bait and switched.

If you've been around travel lacrosse at all you would know $350 is not realistic for a team to charge and provide all of the things you mentioned. Maybe when they started they did not have a realistic handle on cost and truly wanted to keep cost down but once the numbers were ran it was simply not sustainable.

Come on $350 for:
1. Helmet $200
2. Uni/swag $70

You can say what you want but do you really expect a organization to run at a deficit come on.

Since you have all this insite, and since it seems to be who your comments are centered around, i assume your son plays for levittown too.

Relax. Someone can give an opinion without you jumping in. He was there an was responding to the turnout question, and added something about the 2023 coach.

When statement is said, "I was told, and you never know what is true." You are posting just to stir the pot. What this site really needs is more unreliable info being posted and throwing peoples names in the mad. Poat facts and sources,r Just my opinion though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very nice turnout for the supplemental tryouts at the Igloo camp last night, saw about 30 kids there!

Any of the team going to follow the coach to his next team?

Nope. Entire team staying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM to IGLOO???????

I hear it's either 91 Warriors or Legacy. Either way; those teams will be much better under his style of coaching.

Either 91-War or Leg.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any of the team going to follow the coach to his next team?[/quote]
Nope. Entire team staying. [/quote]

Yeah I'm not so sure about that...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If entire team is staying why are you having tryouts? So there are no open spots? Glad I wasted my time last night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on $350 for:
1. Helmet $200
2. Uni/swag $70

Thank you ! I will explain a bit for all the bashers .I have a 2025 a 2023 and a 2020 so I look at all the boards. I spoke to one of your 24 coaches who advised me of the possibility of your 2023 coach SS leaving. I went to the tryout because it was billed as a more cost effective club which it isn't. I didnt say it wouldnt be good nor did I say I expected anyone to take a loss on a business. Not every comment made is a bash. I stated what I saw and clearly noted that what I was told may or may not have been true. If it isnt true then I'm glad he's staying for you he seems like a nice guy. People need to relax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are having tryouts because they are opening a second team for this age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are having tryouts because they are opening a second team for this age group

who-igloo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Igloo 2 teams, it''s up on thier wed site, Black Diamond and Nordic Edge is the other, thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM will pull kids from 91,S2S and HB.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 team was sponsored last year because they couldn't ask parents from bluefish to pay for a second team. At $1600 you are not going to get players from other A programs that were guests last year and if you are paying that you certainly don't want those boys guest playing while your boy sits. Not going to work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a "Recon Daddy" I'll say this . I am very happy with this years progress. We are a first year team that kicked some butt. We were a B+ level but progressing. You can call it name dropping if you want but I was happy with the coaching, happy with game day support, happy with the parents, happy with training.The parents are all fun. My one critique would be that I would like to see more practices.

Thanks for the info - Definitely seems to be a lot of Recon parents and/or coaches in here hyping it up.  Glad the ones that posted said they like Recon, but still have constructive criticism, hopefully they use it.  Seems several other people also posted about issues with practices being scares and irregular. Does seem to be a constant theme though of new startup teams, Recon similar to Bluefish and a few others, dont practice often.  Hard to depict if a programs is just about the money "money whores" or really want to focus on the kids development, in this day in age.   Dont know how you have a competitive travel team, though, with that little of practices. Practice is key to players/team development, unless like other are saying, mostly Levitown kids, so they have already played together.   Bluefish show two coaches and recon three coaches are listed on there site for Recon 2023, but someone said there were two only actually there.  Anyone know if these coaches are staying, are they actual coaches or parent coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on how the S2S tryouts went? Good talent?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Similar Schedule????? This year 7 Tourneys plus all the above mentioned plus additional training plus additional equipment. If team 24 isn't for you then shut your mouth and move on. You clearly have an agenda. Are you one of those Thawk tools starting you own team and feel you own your town team kids. Lincoln freed the slaves so kids can play where they want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a "Recon Daddy" I'll say this . I am very happy with this years progress. We are a first year team that kicked some butt. We were a B+ level but progressing. You can call it name dropping if you want but I was happy with the coaching, happy with game day support, happy with the parents, happy with training.The parents are all fun. My one critique would be that I would like to see more practices.

Thanks for the info - Definitely seems to be a lot of Recon parents and/or coaches in here hyping it up.  Glad the ones that posted said they like Recon, but still have constructive criticism, hopefully they use it.  Seems several other people also posted about issues with practices being scares and irregular. Does seem to be a constant theme though of new startup teams, Recon similar to Bluefish and a few others, dont practice often.  Hard to depict if a programs is just about the money "money whores" or really want to focus on the kids development, in this day in age.   Dont know how you have a competitive travel team, though, with that little of practices. Practice is key to players/team development, unless like other are saying, mostly Levitown kids, so they have already played together.   Bluefish show two coaches and recon three coaches are listed on there site for Recon 2023, but someone said there were two only actually there.  Anyone know if these coaches are staying, are they actual coaches or parent coaches?

It looked like the 2023 Bluefish coaches couldn't wait for the season to end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because a team cost $1600 they don't have "A" players. Are you serious??? My son played on a $600 town travel team and an play with any of these so called "A" player. He regularly schooled these "A" players from 91, Igloo, Express so I don't want to hear about $ dictating a players skill level. If you follow that thought pattern then you are a FOOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No doubt. There will be alot of shuffling this year with this grade. With igloo coach jumping ship, the nonesense with HB, BM coaching with Legac-y and new teams popping up. Kids should go check out these other tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No doubt. There will be alot of shuffling this year with this grade. With igloo coach jumping ship, the nonesense with HB, BM coaching with Legac-y and new teams popping up. Kids should go check out these other tryouts.

This is comical!! BM you can do better!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought S2S was an invite only team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought S2S was an invite only team?

Shhhhhhhhh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any feedback on this week's tryout clinics? Worth going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is BM ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo is trying so hard

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this an informational site or do we just bash teams and coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any feedback on this week's tryout clinics? Worth going?

Money grab. Not worth it !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is BM ?
Who is BM ?

He's the Ex Express Honey Badger coach who basically built that team from ground up. He didn't coach last year because of some issues with existing coach AJ. Different coaching styles/philosophy. He's supposedly coaching 2023's with Zummo over at Legecy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on how the S2S tryouts went? Good talent?

Some surprising helmets there last night - should be interesting...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because a team cost $1600 they don't have "A" players. Are you serious??? My son played on a $600 town travel team and an play with any of these so called "A" player. He regularly schooled these "A" players from 91, Igloo, Express so I don't want to hear about $ dictating a players skill level. If you follow that thought pattern then you are a FOOL.

There are no $600 town travel teams that I know of. But I'm glad he can school those A players regularly. Lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is BM ?

Former Express coach and nut-job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is BM ?
Who is BM ?

He's the Ex Express Honey Badger coach who basically built that team from ground up. He didn't coach last year because of some issues with existing coach AJ. Different coaching styles/philosophy. He's supposedly coaching 2023's with Zummo over at Legecy.

That's not the true. Zummo has no interest in bringing him on and the current coaching staff is staying assembled as-is. Nice try, BM... But no one wants your psychopath coaching style ruining their team.

Page 68 of 70 1 2 66 67 68 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard