BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 67 of 70 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which are the 2 new teams ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard wrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it unusual to be on 2 or maybe 3 teams at once.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
is it unusual to be on 2 or maybe 3 teams at once.

It just doesn't work come tourney time. But they will take your $$$$. Then for each game and practice you have to choose and you lose. Unless you have a Town team with a limited schedule, it's a mistake. And don't assume you can keep it a secret. Everyone will find out sooner or later.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for a travel club to try out for, live on the south shore. My son is an above average player. Any suggestions, best 5 clubs?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for a travel club to try out for, live on the south shore. My son is an above average player. Any suggestions, best 5 clubs?

Hitmen
Bengals
Recon
Sharks
Bluefish

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hitmen
Bengals
Recon
Sharks
Bluefish

The Bengals??? I don't think we saw then.in any tournaments this year. And the sharks got pummeled constantly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hitmen
Bengals
Recon
Sharks
Bluefish

Above average player would do good on true blue (many critics on the coach) either love him or hate him. Coaches at local college. Hitmen or recon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hitmen
Bengals
Recon
Sharks
Bluefish

Those are the only ones that you're allowed to mention on this site... All decent choices though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hitmen
Bengals
Recon
Sharks
Bluefish

The Bengals??? I don't think we saw then.in any tournaments this year. And the sharks got pummeled constantly

And the Bluefish got beat badly in B brackets all summer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in that order.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hitmen
Bengals
Recon
Sharks
Bluefish

And the Bluefish got beat badly in B brackets all summer.

These are very good teams for boys that are not locked in to the big 5 clubs. The key is to play, gain confidence, go to camp/clinics, play Box, run, exercise, and most important wall ball. The fact that someone isn't on Express A means absolutely nothing! I've seen it with my older son. He caught up and is blowing away the kids that were on the tops 6th grade teams at his time. Have fun. A lot of kids quit at older ages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hitmen
Bengals
Recon
Sharks
Bluefish

All of them have tryouts posted here and/or on their websites. I recommend you read their tryout thread here then check their websites and read more about their coaches and directors. IF you have any questions then email or call them - that's the best and most direct way to get information about each club now that you have a list. Asking here for specifics will always cause different opinions based on experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hit men? Recon doing major name dropping on this forum

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thing on fl$. They are starting a Nassau team this year would would be good for us. Any info from the suffolk team, cost, pract schedule, tournements, etc would be appricated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hitmen
Bengals
Recon
Sharks
Bluefish

Those are the only ones that you're allowed to mention on this site... All decent choices though

Why are they the only ones allowed to be mentioned? Do clubs have to pay to be mentioned or pay not to be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you mean "major name dropping", please explain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hitmen
Bengals
Recon
Sharks
Bluefish

Why are they the only ones allowed to be mentioned? Do clubs have to pay to be mentioned or pay not to be?

Certain clubs that have a track record of being good on the field but are "Money Whores" or not so honest are blocked for example: fl$ , Legacy and 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a "Recon Daddy" I'll say this . I am very happy with this years progress. We are a first year team that kicked some butt. We were a B+ level but progressing. You can call it name dropping if you want but I was happy with the coaching, happy with game day support, happy with the parents, happy with training.The parents are all fun. My one critique would be that I would like to see more practices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other good teams out there with great coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those clubs are Good teams but B teams. If your son is above average then maybe aim for an A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other good teams out there with great coaching.

Is this a question or statement?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact.

That's what I am.looking to kmow. Why not share what some of these teams are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact.

That's what I am.looking to kmow. Why not share what some of these teams are?

Not allowed. People probably have, the admins just edit them or delete them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hitmen
Bengals
Recon
Sharks
Bluefish

Certain clubs that have a track record of being good on the field but are "Money Whores" or not so honest are blocked for example: fl$ , Legacy and 91

Every club charges as much as they think can get. Clubs with a history of winning and quality training options can charge more than clubs that don't necessarily attract the most skilled players or have the resources to offer other intangibles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hitmen
Bengals
Recon
Sharks
Bluefish

Every club charges as much as they think can get. Clubs with a history of winning and quality training options can charge more than clubs that don't necessarily attract the most skilled players or have the resources to offer other intangibles.

They're all "money whores". This site just has a crooked agenda regarding the teams that can be mentioned. That's why no one mentions the team that they support.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was anyone at the 24 tryout? How was the turnout? Missed the first but thinking about the 2nd session.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was anyone at the 24 tryout? How was the turnout? Missed the first but thinking about the 2nd session.

My son tried out for 2025 which had an ok turn out. 2024 had a ton of kids.I would say for the other other grades they had maybe 2-8 kids tops. I was told, and you never know what is true, that the coach for 2023 has decided to stay with Bluefish 2024 instead of 24 since they already anticipate no 2023 or 2025 team. The cost raise from what was promised to us by Filacamo last year $350 included uni, helmet for the winter league and 1 spring tourney is now $1600 for a similar schedule. Doesn't jive for me. I feel like I got bait and switched.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know a few people who went , pretty solid turn out for a new team . Some grades stronger then others . I think it's worth a shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son tried out for 2025 which had an ok turn out. 2024 had a ton of kids.I would say for the other other grades they had maybe 2-8 kids tops. I was told, and you never know what is true, that the coach for 2023 has decided to stay with Bluefish 2024 instead of 24 since they already anticipate no 2023 or 2025 team. The cost raise from what was promised to us by Filacamo last year $350 included uni, helmet for the winter league and 1 spring tourney is now $1600 for a similar schedule. Doesn't jive for me. I feel like I got bait and switched.

If you've been around travel lacrosse at all you would know $350 is not realistic for a team to charge and provide all of the things you mentioned. Maybe when they started they did not have a realistic handle on cost and truly wanted to keep cost down but once the numbers were ran it was simply not sustainable.

Come on $350 for:
1. Helmet $200
2. Uni/swag $70
3. Practice facility $150 per kid
4. Winter League $80 per kid
5. Spring tournament $65 per kid

You can say what you want but do you really expect a organization to run at a deficit come on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very nice turnout for the supplemental tryouts at the Igloo camp last night, saw about 30 kids there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very nice turnout for the supplemental tryouts at the Igloo camp last night, saw about 30 kids there!

Any of the team going to follow the coach to his next team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM to IGLOO???????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM to IGLOO???????

I hear it's either 91 Warriors or Legacy. Either way; those teams will be much better under his style of coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!!!!

AA would be smart to grab him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you've been around travel lacrosse at all you would know $350 is not realistic for a team to charge and provide all of the things you mentioned. Maybe when they started they did not have a realistic handle on cost and truly wanted to keep cost down but once the numbers were ran it was simply not sustainable.

Come on $350 for:
1. Helmet $200
2. Uni/swag $70
3. Practice facility $150 per kid
4. Winter League $80 per kid
5. Spring tournament $65 per kid

You can say what you want but do you really expect a organization to run at a deficit come on.

Why are you on the 2023 forum if your son tried out for 2025?
Since you have all this insite, and since it seems to be who your comments are centered around, i assume your son plays for levittown too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any of the team going to follow the coach to his next team?

Many would if they knew where he went.

Page 67 of 70 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard