BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29
Re: WSYL NEW RULES
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Juan Epstein is listed from Brooklyn.

Welcome Back!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI is not only the leader in carports, now they are the leader in holdbacks.
I'm guessing this clueless parent is from Maryland who is somehow able to turn a blind eye to the Crabs 2020 team. It almost embarrassing to watch 3 or 4 of their players compete against age appropriate 2020. (One middie 44 and one defensemen 25 in particular.) But I guess as long as their parents are proud of them playing down then that's all that matters. ....carports? really?

Middie is old and committed to UNC. #25 is an August birthday and played in the WSYL last year. Great kid and most here in MD don't consider August birthdays "holdbacks" Also, not a crabs parent. BTW, the biggest joke is the big attackman. Will be 16 soon if not already.

August is for sure a Holdback month??? Sept 1 is the cut off in Maryland for school?? It may only be a month but it is holding your child back..The player went from being the youngest in his age group to being the oldest..just by holding him back a year!! Is it fair for him to get this advantage while ALL other non holdback kids dont enjoy it?? Of course not. Age base teams are in the spirit of youth sports. Select kids shouldn't get an advantage in youth sports .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm guessing this clueless parent is from Maryland who is somehow able to turn a blind eye to the Crabs 2020 team. It almost embarrassing to watch 3 or 4 of their players compete against age appropriate 2020. (One middie 44 and one defensemen 25 in particular.) But I guess as long as their parents are proud of them playing down then that's all that matters. ....carports? really?

Middie is old and committed to UNC. #25 is an August birthday and played in the WSYL last year. Great kid and most here in MD don't consider August birthdays "holdbacks" Also, not a crabs parent. BTW, the biggest joke is the big attackman. Will be 16 soon if not already.

unc middie recruit apparently not as old as people say. 4/2001 according underarmour roster site. older but not a double holdback if the birthdate is correct

What a JOKE..To be allowed to play mainly against younger kids anywhere from ( 5 months Sept 1, 2001 ) to ( 17 months Aug 31 2002 ) ...Yea that seems fair in youth lacrosse??????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

unc middie recruit apparently not as old as people say. 4/2001 according underarmour roster site. older but not a double holdback if the birthdate is correct

What a JOKE..To be allowed to play mainly against younger kids anywhere from ( 5 months Sept 1, 2001 ) to ( 17 months Aug 31 2002 ) ...Yea that seems fair in youth lacrosse??????

Oh, so that's why He dropped from the 2019 to the 2020 team last year. Makes sense now, and naïve me thought he was playing up. NOT!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8th grader playing varsity?? Yada, Yada, Yada! Nice try!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who was insisting that Crush has no holbacks???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, these are NOT TAZ parents or igloo parents complaining. There are many friendships across both teams and the 'noise' is from trouble-makers trying to stir the pot.
The WSYL website shows the highest point makers for Igloo all weekend have fall '02 birthdays. That is a holdback on Long Island - they should be 2020's (8th) and they are playing down in 2021.

The crying in here from the igloo parents is hysterical. Like a early post you can't change age which is why an age based tournament is more transparent. To sit here and continue to say 8th graders bet up 7th graders, don't your kids play JV? So your 7th grader played 10th graders and you pounded your chest. SMH at the craziness on here. You lost get over it and it wasn't a pretty loss either.

Let's see who's crying next week! Bet it won't be Igloo parents. Enjoy your "win", probably won'y see one of those again!

Yes you'll enter a grade based tournament with your 6 2002 kids and act like you dont have holdbacks. Then run around that you are the best. Keep bashing TAZ. They entered an AGE based tournament with AGE eligible kids. You enter GRADE based tournaments with holdbacks. Bet you regret the DOB being posted because now we all know the truth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

August is for sure a Holdback month??? Sept 1 is the cut off in Maryland for school?? It may only be a month but it is holding your child back..The player went from being the youngest in his age group to being the oldest..just by holding him back a year!! Is it fair for him to get this advantage while ALL other non holdback kids dont enjoy it?? Of course not. Age base teams are in the spirit of youth sports. Select kids shouldn't get an advantage in youth sports .

The kid was started late when he was 5 or 6. 3 weeks isn't a big deal to me, especially when it is done that early. If you want to bang on the teams (crabs) that actively encourage kids to reclass while in middle school and already good athletes, I'm with you. (that's what the UNC commit did as well as many others on that team). Again, not crabs dad, my kid has a 2002 birthday and plays 2020.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid was started late when he was 5 or 6. 3 weeks isn't a big deal to me, especially when it is done that early. If you want to bang on the teams (crabs) that actively encourage kids to reclass while in middle school and already good athletes, I'm with you. (that's what the UNC commit did as well as many others on that team). Again, not crabs dad, my kid has a 2002 birthday and plays 2020.

So your saying the Unc f/o commit dominates 2020 the way Taz f/o dominates 2021? Yes a year can make a big difference!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone needs to think about why are they playing select lacrosse. Most people pay an exorbitant amount of money for your child to get recruited. These games are not about winning but getting looks from colleges that might want to recruit your son or daughter. If your son or daughter is on the 2021 team, then that is what the colleges want to know. They want to know that this is when this child will be potentially coming to my school. Kids all develop at different ages and that's fine too... I have four boys and even they developed at different times in there life's. Do you not think that if you took away the winning and just worried about how your kid performs on the field that everything will work itself out. Do you not think that when these kids enter High School or College that they will not meet the same adversity with playing with older boys? Manage your own expectations of your child and encourage them to do their best. When they walk off that field just be happy that they gave 100%... everything else will work its way out!

Keep Laxin!

MD Dad

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow , well said and with common sense, especially the 1st sentence! Why are we doing this and for who? The player OR THE PAYEE??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone needs to think about why are they playing select lacrosse. Most people pay an exorbitant amount of money for your child to get recruited. These games are not about winning but getting looks from colleges that might want to recruit your son or daughter. If your son or daughter is on the 2021 team, then that is what the colleges want to know. They want to know that this is when this child will be potentially coming to my school. Kids all develop at different ages and that's fine too... I have four boys and even they developed at different times in there life's. Do you not think that if you took away the winning and just worried about how your kid performs on the field that everything will work itself out. Do you not think that when these kids enter High School or College that they will not meet the same adversity with playing with older boys? Manage your own expectations of your child and encourage them to do their best. When they walk off that field just be happy that they gave 100%... everything else will work its way out!

Keep Laxin!

MD Dad
True when a kid gets to H.S. or college they will be expected to play with other kids 3+ years older. True college coaches are not necessarily looking at the scoreboard, and just want to know what year any given kid will be expected to graduate and play for their program. True if a kid is gifted he/she will get looks from coaches no matter what program they play for. That is what makes what you parents from Maryland so dishonest. At the age we are talking about they are not expected to play against kids 2 to 3 years older, but with your dishonest practice oh prefirst, and holdbacks, sometimes making your kid as much as 3 years older than others gives them a decided advantage when a coach is only looking at what year will they start playing for them. If you and your state-mates were so confident in "everything working it's way out" then why resort to such clearly underhanded tactics? It's obviously so your kid will get the roster spot being given out in the the 7th and 8th grade by these coaches, when your kid should, in reality, be in 9th grade. But then, in the hight of hypocrisy, that can only come from the state that holds the center of American politics, You are now trying to say that it is us from Long Island that is some how more guilty of this practice. IF, and I do mean IF any parents from L.I. do this it's only to combat the fact that you Terps have been doing it for years and we are only trying to give our kids a far shake, and you have the audacity to cry foul? To my knowledge holdbacks are not as prevalent on the Island as down in crab country so stop your crying

Signed
A Lawn guy land parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how WSYL is on TV but they dont have enough sponsership to air the U-19 games....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Want to know why you have zero integrity and no one from Maryland cares/listens to you? Because of this statement "That is what makes what you parents from Maryland so dishonest". Not all of us do what you are accusing us of doing, 95+% of our kids are "on age" by Maryland (cutoff) rules and in the proper class. Say that about the Crabs and I get it. But all of us.

Classless as usual.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Want to know why you have zero integrity and no one from Maryland cares/listens to you? Because of this statement "That is what makes what you parents from Maryland so dishonest". Not all of us do what you are accusing us of doing, 95+% of our kids are "on age" by Maryland (cutoff) rules and in the proper class. Say that about the Crabs and I get it. But all of us.

Classless as usual.

I agree with this point, but "on age" in MD is older than "on age" in NY, so there is still a problem, in my opinion, when the two areas compete in grade based tournaments. Yes, no one is cheating, but its still a systemic problem that should be solved. A move to age-based levels would solve this problem. My kids have played MD/VA teams in hockey where its calendar year-based, and the world has not yet come to an end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Classless as usual.

I agree with this point, but "on age" in MD is older than "on age" in NY, so there is still a problem, in my opinion, when the two areas compete in grade based tournaments. Yes, no one is cheating, but its still a systemic problem that should be solved. A move to age-based levels would solve this problem. My kids have played MD/VA teams in hockey where its calendar year-based, and the world has not yet come to an end.

Maybe you LI'rs should address this with your state government. It used to be the same way here in MD (1-1)but it changed to 9-1 several years ago. I doubt that anyone that posts here has control of how they determine the tournaments so we can't change that. I also agree with the original post in this thread that outside of crabs a very few kids are "holdbacks" There are a handful of pre-first kids or kids who repeated for academic reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All valid points !!! Maryland and Long Island agreeing. Our state governing bodies should find common ground.

God bless Dallas and our fallen officers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how do you explain 90% at Jake Reed vs 2020 hold backs when he is a 2020? What's the excuse there? He dominated because......? He is one of the youngest if not the youngest of the top 2020 f/o kids, that includes your hold backs. Here's some more food for thought, do the MLL f/o guys cry when they go against BIGGER, OLDER guys like GG? No they work harder. If you put more time into encouraging your kid to work harder, practice more, maybe you wouldn't have to worry about the other more dominant kids. Maybe it would be YOUR kid they were writing about? The fact that he's obviously got your attention speaks loud and clear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great point Steve

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
/yawn

Can we talk about something actually interesting, like maybe the lacrosse played at WSYL? How did some of the teams looks? Offenses? Defenses (like why both teams in c-chip pressed out with no slides)? What non-hotbed teams surprised and why?

bdpwxp

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares? The talent at Young Guns was much stronger than this tournament. It's also a sham for changing the rules just to benefit one team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about its over a team needed to legally play down to win a tournament vs a 2021 team that should of won

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about its over a team needed to legally play down to win a tournament vs a 2021 team that should of won

No playing down in age based tnmt. "should have won"? That's a silly statement. Anyone who plays travel lacrosse knows you play the team on the field. You have to combat heat, exhaustion, sometimes questionable calls. The fact is if you are better you pop more in the net and win. That's what happened. The team that "should have won" did just that. They won. And again, igloo is a good team but stop pretending they are younger. They have several holdbacks on their "'21" roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They didn't win. They lost twice. Why don't you ask the igloo director if sending black ice was his first choice. Spoiler alert, it wasn't. Stop crying. No one plays down in an age based tournament.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I Agree.Most teams don't have multi-year hold-backs. I know our Hawks kids have never been held back to get the advantage on any team we have played. We played the L.I. team and it was some great competition. We always look forward to good competition.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
There is no doubt in my mind that this practice of holding kids back is going to continue to grow, but not sure if I care either way. My kids are public students so that will never be an option. The public school system is not going to let you hold your child back so he can play another year of lacrosse or any sport for that matter. The Crabs have two kids that are double hold backs and more than a few single year hold backs but they are not dominating anyone in Md. Looney's, Crabs, Hawks and FCA are all four competitive teams in MD. L.I. Express did really well in the Crab Feast Tournament and should be proud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9/1/03 it is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9/1/03 it is

i heard its moving to 1/1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9/1/03 it is

Where does it say that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This new cutoff is a bit of a curve ball. Can MD or PA even field a 2022 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Expectations
There is no doubt in my mind that this practice of holding kids back is going to continue to grow, but not sure if I care either way. My kids are public students so that will never be an option. The public school system is not going to let you hold your child back so he can play another year of lacrosse or any sport for that matter. The Crabs have two kids that are double hold backs and more than a few single year hold backs but they are not dominating anyone in Md. Looney's, Crabs, Hawks and FCA are all four competitive teams in MD. L.I. Express did really well in the Crab Feast Tournament and should be proud.

any parent that holds back a kid for sport should have their children taken away from them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Expectations

any parent that holds back a kid for sport should have their children taken away from them

Maryland would need a major new tax increase to build the hundreds of orphanages for the thousands of orphans.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9/1/03 very interesting they conform now ????? should have been this way from the get go

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9/1/03 very interesting they conform now ????? should have been this way from the get go

That was so certain older kids could play on Blaze, the "superstars" did nothing because they were outmatched by older players from a different team who did the same. A total embarrassment that was! Back to being sensible and fair!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9/1/03 it is

Where does it say that?

It doesnt on WSYL website or their twitter/Facebook?? Wonder where this rumor is coming from??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9/1/03 it is

Where does it say that?

It doesnt on WSYL website or their twitter/Facebook?? Wonder where this rumor is coming from??

In the email they sent out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9/1/03 it is

Where does it say that?

they sent an email out with date 9/1/03 as cutoff

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9/1/03 it is

Where does it say that?

they sent an email out with date 9/1/03 as cutoff

Age Eligibility: Players must be born on or after 9/1/2003
Advancement: The top 4 teams from each Regional Qualifier will advance to the Championship Series in Denver on July 2-4, 2017

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By continually changing the age requirements each year, the organization shows how they are willing to manipulate the rules for their benefit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't the dates change last year? Most likely will again after the club directors get involved.

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard