BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 79 1 2 3 4 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, I don't understand why NXT would want another "feeder" program, when they have their own younger teams. I also don't know why families would choose to play for a program (rising sons) that is a dead end. And if NXT is so great for training at the HS level, why not go directly to NXT because I am sure their training is also good for their youth programs too.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree, I don't understand why NXT would want another "feeder" program, when they have their own younger teams. I also don't know why families would choose to play for a program (rising sons) that is a dead end. And if NXT is so great for training at the HS level, why not go directly to NXT because I am sure their training is also good for their youth programs too.
I'm thinking the other way. Rising Sons should just run their 2020's through HS. I know they are moving to nxt so someone can handle all the recruiting but it looks like their doing a good enough job of it. Rising Sons coaching has been the best that we have been around. The training is unbelievable and their philosophy of how they play. Trust me we've been around numerous programs and my son learned more in the tryouts than he did his whole summer with his old program. I would love to see them just keep the kids through HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RS would feed NXT for the following reasons:
1. Lack of coaching resources for high school
2. NXT showcases are a big draw and RS probably promoting recruiting connection
Interstingly enough that team as a whole left RS for another club when they got caught cheating with over grade kids in the NXT League at Conshocken.

The real question is why NXT would partner up with RS fully knowing that RS leadership was cheating in their own NXT League. Once a cheat always a cheat and it doesn't get anymore blatant than having kids that are ineligible play on a team, that ironically nobody was going to beat them anyone. The rest of the RS teams from 2025 - 2022 are average to poor. They had a nice run for a couple of years but believe they are on the decline, they needed a lifeline.
Keep saying that to yourself you might feel better. The truth is the talent at all these clubs in mediocre. Everyone has a half dozen or so AA kids. BL probably has more athletes at the younger ages so they are successful right now. and may continue on that trajectory. However all in all the talent is spread out everywhere which leads everyone to being "average" as you put it. There are no other teams from 2022-2025 that are lighting it up. Parents are crazy so they will try and move their kid to where they think the winning team will be. And by the time they realize it doesn't matter it will be too late. My suggestion get with a club that teaches the game properly. Now 98% of parents have no idea what they means thats ok because neither do 90% of the coaches out there. I'd ask parents from both winning teams, 50/50 teams and losing teams what their experience is. How is the training? Is there a consistent message with their coaches. Did your sons have fun? How was the level of competition they played? How are the parents? Did you see improvements in your son...in your sons team? I'm sure i'm missing some but some negative people will jump on here and point them out. Good luck. There are some good choices out there. Oh and there are some bad ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm thinking the other way. Rising Sons should just run their 2020's through HS. I know they are moving to nxt so someone can handle all the recruiting but it looks like their doing a good enough job of it. Rising Sons coaching has been the best that we have been around. The training is unbelievable and their philosophy of how they play. Trust me we've been around numerous programs and my son learned more in the tryouts than he did his whole summer with his old program. I would love to see them just keep the kids through HS.

Rising sons used to be coached by quality coaches, but they have all been chased off by a crazy dad. Right now they are the biggest daddy ball program out there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree more resist the urge to go wtih the "hot team" the reality is whether you are in LI, MD, or Philly area they all have teams that are successful but it changes every season as players move around. Best 2022 Team is moving alot of players from HHH back to Freedom where they came from all chasing the scholarship and committment to a D1 program. Most of these kids that get that commitment rarely go on to succeed at the Collegiate Level. Even MD attackman from Philly in all honesty for being the #1 recruit in the country, most would say has underperformed thus far at MD. Look at the kid from Brown that won the Tewaarton he was a nobody in high school/club ball. Trevor Baptiste was headed to DIII program as a Senior until Denver hit the jackpot with him. How well is Stanwick playing for Hopkins right now considering he was th #1 recruit in the country. It is a a crap shoot and all these crazy parents chasing the dream at middle school really need a reality check. Most of these kids that are lighting it up in 3-8 grade are successful because they got their growth spurt early and hit puberty earlier than their neighbor or they happened to have a dad/mom that stuck a lacrosse stick in their hand at 2 years old. Always be wary of the kid that succeeds because he is big, long term not usually successful. Look for the kids with vision, feel, field IQ, unselfish, and skills....alot of times that all comes together later in life.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plus the cheating thing...no need to do it and it just makes you look bad.....real bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLove will be succssful long term cause they poach other clubs AA players. Our goalie at RR just left to go there and I hear they poached another kid from Freedom. The RR goalie is the best 2024 goalie in the area and the other kid is pretty good. I am sure they will get more at their tryouts that the stole from other programs. I am hearing they also stole the best middie from RR 2023.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rising sons used to be coached by quality coaches, but they have all been chased off by a crazy dad. Right now they are the biggest daddy ball program out there
Thats funny, but not accurate. Hahaha, no coaches have left their program. Their 2021 are coached by a non dad, 2022-non dad, 2023 Dad but US Lacrosse Coach of the year (probably should get rid of him) 2024-non dad. Oh and Mesa, all dads. And there is nothing wrong with it. Roughriders, dads, Freedom...dads. Twist...dads. Brother love....dads, etc, etc etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats funny, but not accurate. Hahaha, no coaches have left their program. Their 2021 are coached by a non dad, 2022-non dad, 2023 Dad but US Lacrosse Coach of the year (probably should get rid of him) 2024-non dad. Oh and Mesa, all dads. And there is nothing wrong with it. Roughriders, dads, Freedom...dads. Twist...dads. Brother love....dads, etc, etc etc.

Who "coached" their 2020 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is this a list of? The best teams by year?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not accurate! The entire Sons 21 coaching staff left, the new guy lasted 6 months and now they are on their 3rd. The 22s are on their 3rd coach as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won Keystone Games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not a mess between both owners. The original owner is fine. It is the other guy who was asked by Dukes to start a youth program. It is that guy who screwed everything up. And now it is the HS Duke's team making the Youth teams take the "Duke's" name off their jerseys. That one guy has burned ALOT of bridges in the lacrosse world!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rating 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 travel teams is useless - who really cares what a 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th grader is doing in travel lacrosse or how good the team is. You are wasting your tim

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the point of this forum.
Those of us that do care and welcome discussions about programs such as pros and cons, coaching, educations, fundamentals, and yes what are the programs that are good and those that are not. Check out the Long Island or Maryland Forums. They discuss these kinds of aspects of club lacrosse quite a bit. They do seem to spend the majority of the time insulting each other and accusing each other of cheating; however, that again is the purpose of this forum. Perhaps it is you that is wasting time, if you really "don't care"

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Rating 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 travel teams is useless - who really cares what a 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th grader is doing in travel lacrosse or how good the team is. You are wasting your tim

Hey Knucklehead. You are wasting our time. Feel free to bugger off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not a mess between both owners. The original owner is fine. It is the other guy who was asked by Dukes to start a youth program. It is that guy who screwed everything up. And now it is the HS Duke's team making the Youth teams take the "Duke's" name off their jerseys. That one guy has burned ALOT of bridges in the lacrosse world!

Are highschool and youth teams run the same in regards of minicamps?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Philly going to have any teams that are going and try to qualify for Denver? None of the clubs in the area are age eligible so it will have to be a one off team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of at least two that are planning to go. Interestingly enough the World Series of Youth Lacrosse uses a different age requirement that allows older boys to play. They do no use the US Lacrosse 9/1 cut off as you may expect. Just got this right off their website today. I know of some local Philly clubs that below date makes a huge difference and results in all players being eligible.

All players must be born on or after 5/1/2002. Each player will be required to submit a copy of their birth certificate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The purpose of this forum?? We all know what this forum is for, it's for people to anonymously attack each other, other programs, coaches, etc. in the very rare case someone asks a good question it will get obscured by someone and next thing you know everyone is arguing. This is my first visit to this site because I had a parent this past week d tell me about it and I am amazed it exists! Asking about the quality of a progam, it's coaches, organization, is fine but debating who is the best rising 5th grade lacrosse team is nuts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Youth was won by Lehigh Valley and middle school was won by Pittsburgh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a feeder and not a merger. NXT is doing a few sessions of training for rising Sons because the sons couldn't keep it going after 8th grade. They tried to merge with everyone and everyone said no so they decided to stop at 8th

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you saying Sons 21 is a AA club? They lost to Stars and Stripes, Rough Riders, Freedom and a bunch of other guys. The only 21 AA clubs in Philadelphia are Mesa, just this year, HHH, and Freedom. After that you have Sons, Rough Riders and Fusion and below that are Dukes South, Dukes Young Gunz, Black Bear, NXT, twist, Headstrong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That may be but a [lacrosse] of a lot more fun than the conference call that I have had on mute for the last 45 minutes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You want to be amazed that it exists check out the hits and threads on the main site which seems to be Long Island based. Better than Judge Judy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of at least two that are planning to go. Interestingly enough the World Series of Youth Lacrosse uses a different age requirement that allows older boys to play. They do no use the US Lacrosse 9/1 cut off as you may expect. Just got this right off their website today. I know of some local Philly clubs that below date makes a huge difference and results in all players being eligible.

All players must be born on or after 5/1/2002. Each player will be required to submit a copy of their birth certificate.

That was last years cut off check again 09/01/03. Kinda screws thos years batch of late summer birthday 2022's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And they said no to a bunch of clubs. This is looking like the long island page very quickly where they bash the top clubs. Go on there, they bash 91, express, igloo and legacy. It will be the same here. We get it your anti sons, your kid probably got cut and now you want anonymous revenge. Their a good club, not for everyone but they do their best.
Not a feeder and not a merger. NXT is doing a few sessions of training for rising Sons because the sons couldn't keep it going after 8th grade. They tried to merge with everyone and everyone said no so they decided to stop at 8th

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And they said no to a bunch of clubs. This is looking like the long island page very quickly where they bash the top clubs. Go on there, they bash 91, express, igloo and legacy. It will be the same here. We get it your anti sons, your kid probably got cut and now you want anonymous revenge. Their a good club, not for everyone but they do their best.

No one is bashing, just pointing out that Rising Sons tried to merge with club and they said "thanks but no thanks"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was last years cut off check again 09/01/03. Kinda screws thos years batch of late summer birthday 2022's

Wsyl website still says 5/1. Where do you see 9/1?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wsyl website still says 5/1. Where do you see 9/1?

We got an email from the organizer yesterday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

says the CRAZY mom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who dat TD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think that is bashing at all. Just a statement that Rising Sons tried to merge with some other clubs and they all declined for whatever reason so they decided to stop at 8th grade.
I am sure it will change over time but as of now the only club getting knocked on even slightly on this page is just Rising Sons. The LI page goes after all the clubs but on here it's really just one. That can't be a good sign.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know it is. He loves this site!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not similar to any arrangement, it's not a partnership or a merger. We are simply doing 8 sessions of training for Rising Sons as we would offer to any program. We are inviting their boys to try out for NXT when their current program ends in 8th grade. Their 2020 team is very strong but will have to fight it out with our existing 2020 team for spots, nothing is guaranteed. As next year comes we will talk about doing training then if they want to continue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweet spelling there TD!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom 2025 was undefeated this summer in 4 tourneys so I guess they are #1 for 2025

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sankey needs to break away from Wave One though. They are supposedly funding Team 11 which means things will get ugly fast!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not similar to any arrangement, it's not a partnership or a merger. We are simply doing 8 sessions of training for Rising Sons as we would offer to any program. We are inviting their boys to try out for NXT when their current program ends in 8th grade. Their 2020 team is very strong but will have to fight it out with our existing 2020 team for spots, nothing is guaranteed. As next year comes we will talk about doing training then if they want to continue.
Whatever you call it. Not sure why they just don't keep it going through high school they obviously don't need help with recruiting when it comes to their 2020's. They've got kids visiting places already and 2 commits. NXT is the only one winning here. They need those kids to field a HS team. Look at HHH and Mesa 2020 teams right now. Decimated because of Freedom and Rising Sons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sankey needs to break away from Wave One though. They are supposedly funding Team 11 which means things will get ugly fast!

Oh yeah that will be a circus. I give it one summer.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 79 1 2 3 4 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard