BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,558
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 28 of 220 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 black and purple did go out!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
black and purple do not practice together at all. They are two differant teams, and are treated as such.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks. Been looking for an email all day!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for the insight and the congrats. She is psyched.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check your Spam filter ... that's where I found mine.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard there is a white team in the 2018

I hope not. That would be just a money team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far I have only officially heard of a black and purple team. Don't know anyone who was placed on a white team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand why you could think that, but I know a couple of the girls who made the white team and they are good players; hopefully they get good coaches to make them them better. Some of these girls have skills that are on par with some of the girls on purple but if a returning purple player and a new player are about the same, I think the returning purple player would get the nod to stay on purple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
black and purple do not practice together at all. They are two differant teams, and are treated as such.

If that's true then shame on the organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as 2015 goes i cant believe there not going to upgrade there goalie, There #1 is very good but there were 2 better goalies at tryouts for that second slot that are just as good as the #1

Really? Their goalies are pretty good.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand why you could think that, but I know a couple of the girls who made the white team and they are good players; hopefully they get good coaches to make them them better. Some of these girls have skills that are on par with some of the girls on purple but if a returning purple player and a new player are about the same, I think the returning purple player would get the nod to stay on purple.

The first time TG gets enough kids at a try-out to make 3 teams in an age group it happens. Seems she is following in CR footsteps, stop thinking you are are anything but YJ wannabes .Only a short time before you earn the thuggish label like your better long island rivals. Both you and your YJ friends should not even pretend you are elite travel teams anymore except at least YJ has won some national championship type tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
User
User

Why?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
User
User
As far as 2015 goes i cant believe there not going to upgrade there goalie, There #1 is very good but there were 2 better goalies at tryouts for that second slot that are just as good as the #1

How do you know they are not taking another goalie?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh great, my daughter made the purple team and we are considering switching over from another highly recognized team. Would like to hear from parents/players on the purple team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017s email is out

My niece (SCG)and 2 of her friends from YJ got the Black email!! So excited!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Steppin'Out

Why?

Why?? Why would an organization allow 2 same age groups to be treated so differently?? Girls move between teams all the time. Our organization changes girls every year but never allows one group of girls to be superior. Both teams should be treated and respected equally, with the coach stating immediately that one is not superior to the other. It's worked for us, we mix talent up all the time and the girls stay away from cliques.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017s email is out

My niece (SCG)and 2 of her friends from YJ got the Black email!! So excited!!

Seriously,how sad.I am sure YJ red will miss your nieces friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter has played purple for two years . Each year I have seen the team improve as a team and my daughter has improved as a player and as a teammate. The Smiths have always told me that there goal is to have two A teams not an Black A team and a purple B team. The age groups practice on the same nights at the same time with thier respective coaches on side by side fields. An occasional scrimmage will occur at the end of a session. I am excited to see the new purple players that will be added to the roster.
In her first year thier was a drastic difference between the black and purple but as we enter year three I believe the end of practice scrimmages will be more competitive . Purple may loose but the blowout factor is a thing of the past! Reinforcing thier goal of having two A teams. By no means am I saying the purple is as good as the black I am just saying the gap is narrowing. As a parent I couldn't be happier with how my daughters have been treated and taught by the Top Gun Family! Yes I like the program so much that I have my youngest playing on the 20 black .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The first time TG gets enough kids at a try-out to make 3 teams in an age group it happens. Seems she is following in CR footsteps, stop thinking you are are anything but YJ wannabes .Only a short time before you earn the thuggish label like your better long island rivals. Both you and your YJ friends should not even pretend you are elite travel teams anymore except at least YJ has won some national championship type tournaments.

Don't let this type of rubbish bring down the level of discussion.
Congratulations to those who have made it so far. Remember some will not accept opening doors for others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget Black and Purple for now, My daughter played for a highly recognized team, and I feel my daughter is easily a Black player that just made Purple, but I would rather her play on the Purple here than Black elsewhere. You have to look at the training and coaching she will receive at the club. MY daughters expierence at the tryout lets me know that I am in the right place. She told me that these girls were welcoming and fair and she wouldn't want to play on anyother club going forward. I feel this is a stepping stone to the Black team next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh great, my daughter made the purple team and we are considering switching over from another highly recognized team. Would like to hear from parents/players on the purple team?

which graduating class?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your niece ? yeah ok and your on this site because why your NIECE .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter has played purple for two years . Each year I have seen the team improve as a team and my daughter has improved as a player and as a teammate. The Smiths have always told me that there goal is to have two A teams not an Black A team and a purple B team. The age groups practice on the same nights at the same time with thier respective coaches on side by side fields. An occasional scrimmage will occur at the end of a session. I am excited to see the new purple players that will be added to the roster.
In her first year thier was a drastic difference between the black and purple but as we enter year three I believe the end of practice scrimmages will be more competitive . Purple may loose but the blowout factor is a thing of the past! Reinforcing thier goal of having two A teams. By no means am I saying the purple is as good as the black I am just saying the gap is narrowing. As a parent I couldn't be happier with how my daughters have been treated and taught by the Top Gun Family! Yes I like the program so much that I have my youngest playing on the 20 black .

Your post is very encouraging. We're new to Top Guns, and looking forward to it. We were also impressed with the tryouts, the skill level that was there, and we think it's the right place for our daughter, and our family. What age group are you referring to with the growth of the purple team? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What year ? My daughter made 2016 along with some other new girls ( all good players ) does anyone know if a large turnover was expected ?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Why?? Why would an organization allow 2 same age groups to be treated so differently?? Girls move between teams all the time. Our organization changes girls every year but never allows one group of girls to be superior. Both teams should be treated and respected equally, with the coach stating immediately that one is not superior to the other. It's worked for us, we mix talent up all the time and the girls stay away from cliques.

They are not treated differently. Where do you come up with this stuff? They have separate practices, each run by their own coaches. No one is disrespected, it's more like each team is getting its own individualized attention.

As for mixing the talent, say what? This isn't intramural lacrosse, some town team trying to appease the masses. This is competitive lacrosse. The girls on different teams are friendly, the girls within the teams are friendly.

What club are you affiliated with where all the talent is mixed across teams? I have never seen or heard of that, color me skeptical of your claim.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, my niece. We are a very supportive family and she was practicing all summer long to make a Top Guns team, didn't care if it was black or purple. All 3 girls are very talented lacrosse players. I look forward to attending as many games as my disability allows me to, and I wish all of the girls success as they create memories that will last a lifetime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Steppin'Out

Why?

Who said one was treated as superior? Those are your words. They practice separately as they should. They are both awesome groups and are treated as such. Pot stirring dismissed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, my niece. We are a very supportive family and she was practicing all summer long to make a Top Guns team, didn't care if it was black or purple. All 3 girls are very talented lacrosse players. I look forward to attending as many games as my disability allows me to, and I wish all of the girls success as they create memories that will last a lifetime.

Welcome and be sure to introduce yourself to the returning parents so as to get your extended family in the loop. Lots to do for the tailgates! Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What age group has your older daughter been playing for w/ TG?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't worry about the age group. I have friends from my town that I know very well in every age group except two with black and purple players. They would all agree with me . Remember this program is still growing I may be wrong but I believe it is going into its 4th year and seems to be heading in the right direction. I can only speak about what I have seen and experienced. My daughters have never played for any other program so I cant compare one to another. All I know about other programs is what I hear from the rumor mill and all of that I pay no attention to. I wish you well in your decision and hope you choose a program that works best for your daughter and your family. I have no regrets on my decision for my girls to play top guns. In year two of my older daughters team there was a big turnover of players. All the new girls and families were welcomed by everyone ! My daughter has made great friendships with all of the new players which has me driving 40 minutes each way for sleepovers and parties. If that is my biggest problem with her playing I guess I have it pretty good!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't worry about the age group. I have friends from my town that I know very well in every age group except two with black and purple players. They would all agree with me . Remember this program is still growing I may be wrong but I believe it is going into its 4th year and seems to be heading in the right direction. I can only speak about what I have seen and experienced. My daughters have never played for any other program so I cant compare one to another. All I know about other programs is what I hear from the rumor mill and all of that I pay no attention to. I wish you well in your decision and hope you choose a program that works best for your daughter and your family. I have no regrets on my decision for my girls to play top guns. In year two of my older daughters team there was a big turnover of players. All the new girls and families were welcomed by everyone ! My daughter has made great friendships with all of the new players which has me driving 40 minutes each way for sleepovers and parties. If that is my biggest problem with her playing I guess I have it pretty good!

Thanks for your response!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did a search just now looking for a top guns thread. We are torn. Our experience on the purple team has not been great, actually its been very disappointing. Coaching was second rate. Brand new coach. Nice girl, new nothing about coaching. Didn't see her get much help up until maybe the 2nd tournament. Most of the practices were lame. Shannon would work with the black team and teach them strategy and purple would just do routine drills. In the winter league they run Shannon would be coaching black in a game against purple - who had no coaches. We totally have totally felt like second class citizens this year. If you are on black that's one thing. Purple is not treated the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want your daughter to make the black team it's very easy. 1) Have her insist on taking the draw. They NEVER do it doing practice (and by the way the 2017 never scrimmaged at a practice-not once)and tell her to go right to the goal. She doesn't have to pass to anyone and won't be corrected. 2) Follow Mr. Smith around like a duckling and quack in his ear. 3)Live in one of the Islips. Glad I saved my $35, see you in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAHA. I know the forumula you are so right! My kid is a great, smart player. Looks like time to find her a program that will appreciate that. smile

Oh and our year we played black all the time and rumor had it they were instructed not to run the score up more than +5, but they could have. Shameful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did a search just now looking for a top guns thread. We are torn. Our experience on the purple team has not been great, actually its been very disappointing. Coaching was second rate. Brand new coach. Nice girl, new nothing about coaching. Didn't see her get much help up until maybe the 2nd tournament. Most of the practices were lame. Shannon would work with the black team and teach them strategy and purple would just do routine drills. In the winter league they run Shannon would be coaching black in a game against purple - who had no coaches. We totally have totally felt like second class citizens this year. If you are on black that's one thing. Purple is not treated the same.

If this is true (I admit I have no idea) ,that would be terriblle, now imagine how a white team will be treated or if your on a team that has a kid outside the 50 mile radius.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want your daughter to make the black team it's very easy. 1) Have her insist on taking the draw. They NEVER do it doing practice (and by the way the 2017 never scrimmaged at a practice-not once)and tell her to go right to the goal. She doesn't have to pass to anyone and won't be corrected. 2) Follow Mr. Smith around like a duckling and quack in his ear. 3)Live in one of the Islips. Glad I saved my $35, see you in Maryland.

Sorry your daughter got cut. Enjoy YJ red, green, yellow, and see if they pass the ball!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When we signed up TG claimed that they did not look at black and purple as A and B, but their goal was to have two competitive teams. This was not what they got - at least for our year. Purple was not even competitive at most of the tournaments - meanwhile black was always in the finals. Given their philosophy we really were scrathing our heads over why they even bothered having purple - and then not coaching it and trying to develop it. Maybe this has been different for other years - but this was our experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When there is turnover on one of the black teams, how likely are kids to actually move up from purple to black vesus, kids new to the program filling spots on the black teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope your new club meets your expectations. Not my experience and my daughter doesn't meet any of your accusations. No worries though, good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is true (I admit I have no idea) ,that would be terriblle, now imagine how a white team will be treated or if your on a team that has a kid outside the 50 mile radius.

And I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale...Cmon, every bunch has a few sour grapes. It's impossible to please everyone all the time. The organization and the Smiths are great. There's plenty of other clubs to choose from if your not happy. Most people scream and yell on their way out, it's just the way it is. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 220 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard