BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: Girls 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any word on recent commitments from the 2018 class?

The recent de-commitment is more interesting

Where was she committed to?3

Still waiting on an answer to my question. Where was the girl committed to? Right now all I hear is crickets.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No decent commits except for the Towson and one Fairfield. There are a few random schools that I've never heard of. These people are having their kids commit to a school just for bragging rights. Typical top guns behavior.

Princeton, Cornell, Yale & Army are random? Seriously?! I just don't understand why people post garbage that is so easily verified or disproved

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No decent commits except for the Towson and one Fairfield. There are a few random schools that I've never heard of. These people are having their kids commit to a school just for bragging rights. Typical top guns behavior.

Princeton, Cornell, Yale & Army are random? Seriously?! I just don't understand why people post garbage that is so easily verified or disproved

Those girls would have gone to those schools whether they were TG girls or not. It's the other 9 going between Hofstra and Towson that everyone loves to make fun of. The last one to Lasalle is a head scratcher

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People aren't posting garbage about TG. YJ lemmings are posting the garbage about TG. There's a huge difference between people and YJ. Like I said in an earlier post, the YJ lemmings sole purpose on BOTC is to discredit SS and dismantle TG. Sad, sad...and childish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still waiting on an answer to my question. Where was the girl committed to? Right now all I hear is crickets.

SS cousin told her she was no longer interested in playing for her at hofstra

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People aren't posting garbage about TG. YJ lemmings are posting the garbage about TG. There's a huge difference between people and YJ. Like I said in an earlier post, the YJ lemmings sole purpose on BOTC is to discredit SS and dismantle TG. Sad, sad...and childish.

Curious as to why you think us YJ lemmings sole purpose is to discredit TG? Could this noise be coming from former TG players that have moved on and now have a bone to pick?
My daughter is on a top YJ team and frankly I could care less about TG and same goes for the parents that I know. Also curious but when was the last time a top TG team beat a top YJ team in any age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SS cousin told her she was no longer interested in playing for her at hofstra

I don't know how true that is but she has never been listed on any recruiting website as committed to Hofstra. Only TG website has her committing there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Head scratcher? Never even heard of LaSalle? Why is it a good school because it's D1??? Stop it!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Head scratcher? Never even heard of LaSalle? Why is it a good school because it's D1??? Stop it!!!

Not the school. The player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know the player but I guess it sounds like a good fit then.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you saying it's not a good school because you never heard of it,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the school. The player
you are an awful, spiteful person. How about wishing her the best?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Head Scratcher, sounds like the green eyed monster got a hold on you. Where's your daughter committed to?? Better check your head for lice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Head Scratcher, sounds like the green eyed monster got a hold on you. Where's your daughter committed to?? Better check your head for lice.

I have a little more butt kissing and a couple more Hofstra camps to attend before BS will entertain my daughters college inquiries.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a little more butt kissing and a couple more Hofstra camps to attend before BS will entertain my daughters college inquiries.

They need you at Hoftrra right now! The ship is sinking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very funny but true!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is sooooo hypercritical!!! The parents that talk about everyone else on the team can dish it out but can't take the heat!!!! You have to expect when you spew venom it will bite you back. Karma baby!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a serious question. With only 1 year left of travel lacrosse, is it worth it to switch clubs? Many unhappy players between TG and Elevate girls. Can a switch of clubs help or hurt these girls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a serious question. With only 1 year left of travel lacrosse, is it worth it to switch clubs? Many unhappy players between TG and Elevate girls. Can a switch of clubs help or hurt these girls?

Which club are you switching from TG or Elevate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter switched clubs in her last year, she was already committed. Her future college coach told us they could care less who she played for!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you guys have a top secret meeting somewhere to talk about how unhappy you are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At that age, options may be a little limited or you may be going to an established team which may be a little hard for your daughter. There may be a few options but most clubs at that age will have one team in that age group except for TG, YJ and Liberty. Elevate will make a 2018/19 combo team but you know how that went this year with the 2017/18 team which is why they are so unhappy. Our story, we left Elevate 2 years ago and went to Liberty Red. This past summer was great and we had a lot of new kids. Since we had new kids there were NO clics at all. We had a lot of Elevate kids come over too last year so if your daughter was on Elevate she will know them. We had about 16/17 kids at every tournament (5/6 subs per game so lots of playing time). The kids were very committed and showed up to everything. There were kids from all over long island and in spite of what people say only a couple from Manhasset. We played in the right level at tournaments and had a lot of competitive games. Never got blown out and only blew out like 2/3 teams all summer. We also took advantage of the winter clinics at the HUB that Liberty put on as well as the winter indoor league. The 2018 Red and Black teams practiced together frequently. I think that Liberty Red team will add a few kids but I believe most kids will come back, not all but most as they had a really great summer. So what are the options - YJ will always have a place for you and I would guess at 2018 YJ will probably have 3 teams next year. as you said TG and Elevate have a lot of unhappy people. What does that leave fl$, they had a tough summer and would doubt they will have a lot of kids returning. Go to some tryouts and see what your daughter thinks. If your daughter likes playing, then it worth finding a place that makes her happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will HELP, recruiters don't care who you play for, they just want to see you play. Anyone whose instinct is telling them to switch should.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which club are you switching from TG or Elevate?

TG. Teams are too big. Been there for a while and SS and BS still don't know the names of the girls on the team. BS coached some of the games at the end of the season and he wasn't well received. Ran the same play over and over again without much success. Girls are just fed up with hearing him ask regular coach "Who's that?"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At that age, options may be a little limited or you may be going to an established team which may be a little hard for your daughter. There may be a few options but most clubs at that age will have one team in that age group except for TG, YJ and Liberty. Elevate will make a 2018/19 combo team but you know how that went this year with the 2017/18 team which is why they are so unhappy. Our story, we left Elevate 2 years ago and went to Liberty Red. This past summer was great and we had a lot of new kids. Since we had new kids there were NO clics at all. We had a lot of Elevate kids come over too last year so if your daughter was on Elevate she will know them. We had about 16/17 kids at every tournament (5/6 subs per game so lots of playing time). The kids were very committed and showed up to everything. There were kids from all over long island and in spite of what people say only a couple from Manhasset. We played in the right level at tournaments and had a lot of competitive games. Never got blown out and only blew out like 2/3 teams all summer. We also took advantage of the winter clinics at the HUB that Liberty put on as well as the winter indoor league. The 2018 Red and Black teams practiced together frequently. I think that Liberty Red team will add a few kids but I believe most kids will come back, not all but most as they had a really great summer. So what are the options - YJ will always have a place for you and I would guess at 2018 YJ will probably have 3 teams next year. as you said TG and Elevate have a lot of unhappy people. What does that leave fl$, they had a tough summer and would doubt they will have a lot of kids returning. Go to some tryouts and see what your daughter thinks. If your daughter likes playing, then it worth finding a place that makes her happy.

We wont be going back to Elevate but not sure if my daughter will play again next summer. 2018 Red was a complete debacle. The team fell apart half way through the summer and we had to even borrow kids in the first 2 tournaments. We were using 2020 kids who were playing with 2017/18 girls. I mean really? I don't even know if that's legal at some of these tournaments. We also had a lot of respect for that coach up until this year. How he listens to DK and continues to buy into Elevate just amazes me. DK must have pictures on him or something! His daughter is playing on this half baked team and I don't even think that he sees it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you guys have a top secret meeting somewhere to talk about how unhappy you are?

You can't approach either one of them because they immediately go on the defensive. Did not see SS at one game this season for my daughter and her team is supposed to be "overseen" by her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches for these teams were well liked. The amount of girls on each team was a problem as was bs coaching. All he did was interrupt the games to tell the girls to feed the 3 players of the parents who harassed him the most!!!

I'm sure all club directors have a"" kissing parents but bs makes it soooo obvious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was she not at every practice ? yes she was. I would call that overseeing her teams. Kind of tough to be at games when you have multiple teams, playing in multiple states at the same time. As for being unapproachable, that is pure BS. I have spoken to each one of the directors at TG on multiple times and each time my question was answered or my concern was addressed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was she not at every practice ? yes she was. I would call that overseeing her teams. Kind of tough to be at games when you have multiple teams, playing in multiple states at the same time. As for being unapproachable, that is pure BS. I have spoken to each one of the directors at TG on multiple times and each time my question was answered or my concern was addressed.

I was at every practice. Does that mean they were overseen by me? She spends no time with her purple teams. Hasn't helped that group once. You mean to tell me that she was never free to come and see them but she was available for the black teams at every age group. The only way you can approach them is if you are from a town they favor or if you can do something for them. Did your questions pertain to playing time? Amount of girls on the team? Poor subbing? Girls that continually miss practice and still start? Probably not. Yours were probably when is the next camp? What can I do for you? How much for another TG sweatshirt?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct, she was at every practice and when she could she coached a little. This weekend she was running the tournament so you can not expect much from her. I saw her at the Capital Cup at a game but she was scouting as were many college coaches.

The main issue with some is the number of girls on the team was too high. I believe they had 28 girls and with that some girls cannot expect to play more than a half a game. I thought they did a decent job getting girls on the field. At the Capital Cup the team was missing quite a few committed girls so the remainder got at least 50%+ playing time. That was their time to hopefully get noticed by the college coaches. They were in a very competitive bracket with Steps, TLC...etc.

If you are that upset you should obviously move to a different organization. I know the Wave were short girls and they went to National Draw, Northern Rise, Capital Cup and Hofstra just like TG did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would SS have fired her father if 18 Black lost in the finals of their tourney; as it was, it went to overtime and cuz made an outstanding save to prevent the loss. It's funny that BS still doesn't know the girls names.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No don't own any TG gear, have never enrolled my girls in any extra camps and don't live in one of the "favored"towns. but what I do have are realistic expectations of what all of these travel programs can and do provide. What I also have is two girls that have been involved in travel lacrosse for 6 yrs. One playing in college and the other currently going thru the recruiting process, both with purple. Yes the rosters are large some years and sometimes the coaching is not as seasoned as you would like, but it is no different at any other club. Is the black team in every age group given priority ? Absolutely. But doesn't CR show more attention to blue ? DG to black ? Or Chris Robinson of M & D to his Black teams ? Yes they do. That is reality. So either get used to it or move on to smaller club where you, not your daughter, can get all of the attention you need.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No don't own any TG gear, have never enrolled my girls in any extra camps and don't live in one of the "favored"towns. but what I do have are realistic expectations of what all of these travel programs can and do provide. What I also have is two girls that have been involved in travel lacrosse for 6 yrs. One playing in college and the other currently going thru the recruiting process, both with purple. Yes the rosters are large some years and sometimes the coaching is not as seasoned as you would like, but it is no different at any other club. Is the black team in every age group given priority ? Absolutely. But doesn't CR show more attention to blue ? DG to black ? Or Chris Robinson of M & D to his Black teams ? Yes they do. That is reality. So either get used to it or move on to smaller club where you, not your daughter, can get all of the attention you need.

Preach on. All clubs are the same. Period. All the girls go to the same kind of schools. To the parents...get over yourselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would SS have fired her father if 18 Black lost in the finals of their tourney; as it was, it went to overtime and cuz made an outstanding save to prevent the loss. It's funny that BS still doesn't know the girls names.

How miserable can somebody be? Does anyone like you? Did your mother beat you when you were little? Has your wife left you or is she getting the papers ready now? If it isn't working for you, or more importantly your kid, why you torturing yourself? Leave and do everyone else a favor you idiot.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard