Binghamton Men's Lacrosse Fall Prospect Day Posted Under the Events tab!

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 11:53 AM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 11:21 AM
Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 11:16 AM
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 10:22 AM
Girls 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 09:39 AM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 08:52 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,760
Posts254,893
Members2,133
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 112 of 116 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 115 116
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous] #177868
07/24/16 02:12 PM
07/24/16 02:12 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So taking older kids on and advancing into a championship game is considered okay and deal with it? Last I saw this tournament was grade based , 7th grade bracket which is the 2021. NOT 2020 as we all saw today, I guess Jesters thought this was a world series of lacrosse tournament.... PARENTS BE AWARE stay away from Jesters organzation .

quote=Anonymous]It was 97 degrees today , they have 5 middies and 2 attackman out hurt or on vaction two guest middies played with the team today. And yes you might thing its a different team because the goalies where playing attack and defenseman where playing short stick middie. So please blow stop your wining and watch your kid play lacrosse [/quote]

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: TommyM] #177875
07/24/16 03:28 PM
07/24/16 03:28 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And considering Jesters had 9th graders on their team they really didn't do as well as everyone thought watching them in last two games they barely won a real close game in a Braveheart to empiire in semi and then lost to wogue . I would say they are still the same team and nothing has changed .

Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous] #177942
07/25/16 12:34 AM
07/25/16 12:34 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Older kids your insane my son is on the team all the kids where 2021.
Enjoy the rest of your summer lacrosse guru.

Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous] #177944
07/25/16 04:28 AM
07/25/16 04:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]
So taking older kids on and advancing into a championship game is considered okay and deal with it? Last I saw this tournament was grade based , 7th grade bracket which is the 2021. NOT 2020 as we all saw today, I guess Jesters thought this was a world series of lacrosse tournament.... PARENTS BE AWARE stay away from Jesters organzationt

The 2020 team was there and playing games at same time you idiot. Don't make stuff up about these kids. And "advancing to a championship"? They won a playoff game. Jester team is a B plus team. Not ready for A bracket but have been making playoffs all season in competitive B brackets. (Not counting this one as competitive )

Parents beware of parents like this. They are what ruin the game. Johnnys B team lost a game , other guys must be cheating.

Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: TommyM] #177974
07/25/16 10:10 AM
07/25/16 10:10 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking for so input for the Bluefish parents. What did you think of this program as a start up. Did you have enough practices and scrimmages? How where the coaches and playing time?

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: bgyako] #178027
07/25/16 02:09 PM
07/25/16 02:09 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by bgyako
I'm in the bethpage area.. Just looking for a team that has decent coaching to make him better, gets to play and have fun.
Not looking for scholarships or anything like that. He really likes it, and want him to have more playing time outside the school schedule.

Vipers and Millon are good for developing kids.

Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous] #178036
07/25/16 03:00 PM
07/25/16 03:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm in the bethpage area.. Just looking for a team that has decent coaching to make him better, gets to play and have fun.
Not looking for scholarships or anything like that. He really likes it, and want him to have more playing time outside the school schedule.

finally...a grownup. bless your heart.

Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous] #178069
07/25/16 06:12 PM
07/25/16 06:12 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My Pleasure. I coach PAL, and not all kids are ready to go to the top groups. Some of the top ones only take the kids who are ready to play, and they don't develop them. I push all of the boys to keep a stick in their hand all summer. It is a fun game, and should be enjoyed. Let the AA crowd push for the crowns, the rest of us just want our kids to have fun, and will be ready to compete in HS. Nobody ever looked back and said that in 8th grade, Michael Jordan was great. It just doesn't matter at this point.

Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous] #178077
07/25/16 07:17 PM
07/25/16 07:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Vipers and Millon are good for developing
kids.

Bravo well put ...thank you

My Pleasure. I coach PAL, and not all kids are ready to go to the top groups. Some of the top ones only take the kids who are ready to play, and they don't develop them. I push all of the boys to keep a stick in their hand all summer. It is a fun game, and should be enjoyed. Let the AA crowd push for the crowns, the rest of us just want our kids to have fun, and will be ready to compete in HS. Nobody ever looked back and said that in 8th grade, Michael Jordan was great. It just doesn't matter at this point.

Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: TommyM] #178122
07/26/16 09:09 AM
07/26/16 09:09 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok so the season is over, who is going to look for greener pastures? My little Johnny played for the fluorescent green team (or one of the many **** teams). He got good play time and the parents were good but I don't feel his IQ or his skill level increased. Do I move on in hopes that he makes a better team and gets play time or continue with the current team. This is our second year of travel, is there greener pastures?

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous] #178149
07/26/16 10:43 AM
07/26/16 10:43 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to do your homework for any team you consider. There is a lot of truth on this board but a lot of false information as well. Most important you have to be realistic about your kid and his abilities and potential. He may not be ready to make the next step. He could be ready too. What the better teams are looking for is size (AA and A teams are probably looking for kids 5 foot 7 and over and fast to make a change on what they already have), speed and lax IQ. Not everyone is ready for AA because those games are so much faster and very rough compared to the A games and B games. A games are much faster and more physical than B games. Also you have to check your ego at the door and pick a team where your son will play a lot and compete. To answer your question the grass could be greener if you do your homework and investigate the team, be realistic about your son's abilities and don't let your ego have any influence on what team you choose. Most bad situations are caused by the parents not following these simple rules when choosing a team rather than the team doing a bad job. good luck.

Ok so the season is over, who is going to look for greener pastures? My little Johnny played for the fluorescent green team (or one of the many **** teams). He got good play time and the parents were good but I don't feel his IQ or his skill level increased. Do I move on in hopes that he makes a better team and gets play time or continue with the current team. This is our second year of travel, is there greener pastures?

Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous] #178174
07/26/16 11:57 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Newsflash Lax IQ and skill level does not just come from a travel team , It takes more then what is offered in any travel club to be stand-out! Extra time put in along with " true athleticism" ( be realistic ) and focus will exceed anyone who wants it to happen . Stepping into another Entity of Competitive level is risky at 13-14 years old with many power teams playing together for years . if the team he plays with utilizes his efforts out on field , and it seems your content with the surroundings , the suggestion would be get all the extra training you can so he makes more impact the following year. As the previous poster mentioned , you have to be realistic with your sons true ability , Also take into consideration shifting to a high level team has some consequences both earning playtime and trying to fit in with both kids and parents with the existing team , as you mentioned nice parents from his current situation ! The question is how long has he played with his current team ? if after two years playing on same team there's no improvement then I would say yes move on , But again be realistic , most parent think their kid is a lot more then their true abilities can cash in. Greener Pastures is Risky especially if he is getting his share of play on current team.

You have to do your homework for any team you consider. There is a lot of truth on this board but a lot of false information as well. Most important you have to be realistic about your kid and his abilities and potential. He may not be ready to make the next step. He could be ready too. What the better teams are looking for is size (AA and A teams are probably looking for kids 5 foot 7 and over and fast to make a change on what they already have), speed and lax IQ. Not everyone is ready for AA because those games are so much faster and very rough compared to the A games and B games. A games are much faster and more physical than B games. Also you have to check your ego at the door and pick a team where your son will play a lot and compete. To answer your question the grass could be greener if you do your homework and investigate the team, be realistic about your son's abilities and don't let your ego have any influence on what team you choose. Most bad situations are caused by the parents not following these simple rules when choosing a team rather than the team doing a bad job. good luck.

Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous] #178175

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said. I would stick with the teams that you know people on already. Some teams recruit like crazy, and then only play the top 13 out of 22 kids. I can't see plunking down that kind of cash just to say that my kid plays on X team. Go to the tryouts, talk to the parents that are there. You will meet some real winners who think that Johnny is the next Rabil and is too good for any team, and you will meet parents that just want their kids to have fun and get ready to play at the HS level. Good luck!

Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: TommyM] #178196
07/26/16 01:28 PM
07/26/16 01:28 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At this age stepping into 8th grade I would say stay where you are , especially that your son gets his fair share of playtime . This is the time for your son to put the extra effort in on his own to get better . A travel team will focus on a little bit of everything to prepare for showcase time with the team . Better to stick with what you know then to venture elsewhere and take a chance of being in the same position you feel you are already . If your kid is that good chances he would already be on the upper echelon team that so many parents feel that makes the world of a difference! , parents always feel their kids more capable then the curent situation. That's not doing any justice for their kid as travel seems to be more about the parent then the child.

Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous] #178233
07/26/16 04:34 PM
07/26/16 04:34 PM
B
bgyako Offline
Back of THE CAGE
bgyako  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B

How are the recon? Price location are perfect. From what I heard they have open spots as well.

Page 112 of 116 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 115 116