BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,923
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 30 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30
Re: Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep telling yourself that, Heros/M&D dad. There is no such thing as a safe roster spot. Plenty of hopefuls heading your way.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Keep telling yourself that, Heros/M&D dad. There is no such thing as a safe roster spot. Plenty of hopefuls heading your way.

Ok. If the hopefuls are from Diamonds and C2, I won't lose much sleep at night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C2 has some talented athletes but not the depth to defeat the larger teams. I saw them in a recent tournament with maybe 3 subs. It will be interesting to see what happens to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Heros White and M&D 2021 Red will have a real influx of girls this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder how the former Heros Green and M&D Black girls will handle the transition from A squad to B squad?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The U-13 tournament is under way in Indy. Only 7 teams in this age group 2 are YJ 2 are Eagle Stix from Ga. ( although they are listed as 2022 and 2023?)

no reason to believe it wont be YJ Vs. YJ in the final..
they can have a rematch on Saturday at the Mitchell field Tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The U-13 tournament is under way in Indy. Only 7 teams in this age group 2 are YJ 2 are Eagle Stix from Ga. ( although they are listed as 2022 and 2023?)

Yeah. Really is worth the trip to beautiful Westfield, IN

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Integrity 10 - YJ Gold(?) 6.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Integrity 10 - YJ Gold(?) 6.

Wrong age

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yeah...sorry. Still good though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yeah...sorry. Still good though.

What's good? That Integrity could only beat YJ's "B" team by 4? Or are you a YJ parent?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You YJ folks just make the rest of us laugh! Not sure what all the buzzzz is about with the top team but after playing them today can honestly say they are not all that! I predict a NY team will win but it may not be YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You YJ folks just make the rest of us laugh! Not sure what all the buzzzz is about with the top team but after playing them today can honestly say they are not all that! I predict a NY team will win but it may not be YJ.

Actually what makes everyone laugh is you celebrating with a sigh of relief that you only lost by 3! You will not make the finals!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U-13 score differentials from yesterday - 16, 5, 13, 3, 15, 20, 17 (shutout), 11, 15, 10, and 2. Maryland teams might be onto something skipping this event - can't imagine what either team is getting out of all the blowouts. Oh yeah, the "experience."

And must be good salespeople at the top of Eagle Stix, convincing their parents that it was a good idea to make the trip. 2022 and 2023 teams lost by a combined 51-5 and 50-7, respectively. Looks like their only competitive game will be when they play each other for last place. Feel sorry for the girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually what makes everyone laugh is you celebrating with a sigh of relief that you only lost by 3! You will not make the finals!

Well guess I was wrong but can clearly see why this team did not do well this summer agaisnt MD teams. Congrats to the 12 or 13 girls that actually played in the game! So is this really the best half of this team? Is there no depth to the YJ bench anymore? Must stink for the others who had to travel all this way and watch the games. Well in any event good luck tomorrow!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well guess I was wrong but can clearly see why this team did not do well this summer agaisnt MD teams. Congrats to the 12 or 13 girls that actually played in the game! So is this really the best half of this team? Is there no depth to the YJ bench anymore? Must stink for the others who had to travel all this way and watch the games. Well in any event good luck tomorrow!

Yes, dead wrong. The inferiority complex from Liberty group is sad to me. Started with the taught above, then the parents jumping up and down before their own game celebrating the YJ 21/22 team losing in OT to a Colorado team. Then the garbage above. I though GC and Manhassett group should be able to do the basic math. 12 players start, goalies split time and they ran 3 middie lines. That is 19 with quality minutes without putting any more thought into it. For finishers, your group had 2 yellow cards and substantially more fouls during the game. Beaten by a better and cleaner YJ team must really hurt...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious, how did your team do against the MS teams this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D

Isn't that how you roll at home? Hypocrisy at it best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will you return to this program? I am looking into 4 programs and I'm curious how your experience was. [/quote]

To Elevate? No, we will not be returning - this was our first year. It really wasn't for us. My daughter was on the Blue team, the kids were ok but we played in a lot of non competitive tournaments in New England. My daughter didn't learn very much this summer. The club is a little too "showy" for us with the tents and staged pictures. Its like everything is done for marketing purposes. If they spent more time on making the kids better at lacrosse as they did at marketing, they would have a much more competitive club. [/quote]

We will not be returning to Elevate either next year for many of the same reasons. We just did not get a lot out of the program and it was certainly not worth the money. We will be looking at Igloo, Icon and Liberty as our options. The parent coaching throughout the program is just like being on a glorified PAL team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AT Elevate my husband and I estimate we spent at least $3,500 this year with clinics, tuition, year end party, gear and hats and t-shirts, etc. At the end of the day our 2021 team played only a few competitive games. Ohhh well. [/quote]

Will you return to this program? I am looking into 4 programs and I'm curious how your experience was. [/quote]

To Elevate? No, we will not be returning - this was our first year. It really wasn't for us. My daughter was on the Blue team, the kids were ok but we played in a lot of non competitive tournaments in New England. My daughter didn't learn very much this summer. The club is a little too "showy" for us with the tents and staged pictures. Its like everything is done for marketing purposes. If they spent more time on making the kids better at lacrosse as they did at marketing, they would have a much more competitive club. [/quote]

Did you come from another club or was this your first travel experience. If you could compare it would be very helpful, pluses and minuses please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD clubs are about $2,000 for basic team and tournament fees. Travel expenses vary depending on team. Club lacrosse is all about exposure which will start soon enough. Our club team played 34 games including Spring league starting in March and ending this past weekend. Seemingly individual improvement is also predicated on how much time outside of practice the player spends on skill development which adds to the overall expense. Is it all worth it? For the right program and the right talented girl you can definitely benefit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The worst part about this YJ team is now that their coach barely shows the daddy coach is a horrible human being and should not be allowed to coach . He has his head so far up the queen bees hive that it's amazing he can can take a breath . He will play his kid and a few of her friends and political appointees and barely play those he deems not worthy . Guy has no clue about girls lax . The Queen herself knows he is clueless but allows him to continue because he has no shame and will do anything to control his daughters teams . Had a talk w a few of his older girls team parents they could not be happier he is coaching the younger group as many of them were going to walk if was allowed to continue coaching that team .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will any 2021 players commit before the new recruiting rules take effect?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will any 2021 players commit before the new recruiting rules take effect?

There are no new recruiting rules, it is a proposal as of now. They tried this a couple years ago and it did not pass. You need to realize that lacrosse is not the only sport this affects, and not all are on board with this, so very good chance nothing changes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just printed in the Baltimore Sun this morning so the paradigm has shifted... A proposal to rein in recruiting practices in college lacrosse – where players as young as rising high school freshmen commit to Division I programs – has crossed a major hurdle toward being ratified.

Last month the NCAA Division I Council recommended legislation to prohibit contact with potential athletes before Sept. 1 of their junior year in high school. If approved by the NCAA Division I Board of Directors in April 2017, the laws could be enacted as early as Aug. 1, 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just printed in the Baltimore Sun this morning so the paradigm has shifted... A proposal to rein in recruiting practices in college lacrosse – where players as young as rising high school freshmen commit to Division I programs – has crossed a major hurdle toward being ratified.

Last month the NCAA Division I Council recommended legislation to prohibit contact with potential athletes before Sept. 1 of their junior year in high school. If approved by the NCAA Division I Board of Directors in April 2017, the laws could be enacted as early as Aug. 1, 2017.

It's not going to happen. This would effect football and basketball as well and there is no way that the NCAA will pass this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know kids who try out for multiple teams just to see what type of drills are conducted and to size up the competition.

LOL. Don't you mean: "I know PARENTS - who make their kids try out for multiple teams just to see what type of drills are conducted and to size up the competition." ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll bet we have more rising 9th graders (2021) approached and committed before the proposed Aug 1 change than we have had 2020s committed this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll bet we have more rising 9th graders (2021) approached and committed before the proposed Aug 1 change than we have had 2020s committed this year.

Yes daddy coaches kid and her friends will go early while he bad mouths the rest of the team to the college coaches . Good luck getting on the field when the college coaches show up it going to be all about his kid and a few friends who are not interested in going where his kid wants to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes daddy coaches kid and her friends will go early while he bad mouths the rest of the team to the college coaches . Good luck getting on the field when the college coaches show up it going to be all about his kid and a few friends who are not interested in going where his kid wants to.

Where are these daddy coaches you are referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think you will find a single player or family on this team that doesn't feel blessed to have a coach like the one you continue to attack. I'm sorry things didn't work out in your situation,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think you will find a single player or family on this team that doesn't feel blessed to have a coach like the one you continue to attack. I'm sorry things didn't work out in your situation,

Blessed to have the [lacrosse] as a coach . That's hilarious . Yes I am sure the kids that barely play feel so blessed .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question, not trying to bash anyone. I remember the Blue Devils being very good a couple years ago, even winning a couple of the second tier tournaments, but looks like they struggled in the C bracket at Hofstra this weekend. Anyone know what happened? Did some of the better girls move to the big clubs? Same coach? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question, not trying to bash anyone. I remember the Blue Devils being very good a couple years ago, even winning a couple of the second tier tournaments, but looks like they struggled in the C bracket at Hofstra this weekend. Anyone know what happened? Did some of the better girls move to the big clubs? Same coach? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

Yes top girls to YJ, and some other clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the consensus for where the top girls will be going out for tryouts this year in MD?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the consensus for where the top girls will be going out for tryouts this year in MD?

I'm certain the M&D, Hero's and Skywalkers tryouts will be well attended. Those three certainly separated themselves from the rest this year. Not sure how many spots will be available on them, but sure there will be plenty of competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did TG TE and Liberty do at Hofstra? Who made the finals?
Any other newcomers with a good showing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How did TG TE and Liberty do at Hofstra? Who made the finals?
Any other newcomers with a good showing

TG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did TG TE and Liberty do at Hofstra? Who made the finals?
Any other newcomers with a good showing?

All scores and standings are available on line - check the popular scheduling site (post was blocked when I tried to name it earlier).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How did TG TE and Liberty do at Hofstra? Who made the finals?
Any other newcomers with a good showing

TG

Igloo got handled all weekend. Doubtful those top girls will return. TE looked very strong and spanked Liberty black. I think the biggest surprise was Express, they have a handful of very talented girls who play a physical game. Overall it was a good tourny, well run and close to home

Page 27 of 30 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard