BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 44 1 2 40 41 42 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHY??
Was there some ringers?

Originally Posted by Anonymous
IS the ambush team the same that played in the nlf 2021a division

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same Ambush team that started out last fall. No additions, but a few who were injured were cleared to play in this tournament. Looking forward to having my son play with them again. Great group of kids and parents. The coaches made sure everyone played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches made sure everyone played ?
So the lesser of the roster plays equally as well when in championship games ? This is a selling item for us if so. Not to many teams around who give players equal playtime during competition . How well did this team do this season ? Is this team the same equal as people say in caliber of players as the A team? I hear the 1st team plays only the athletic competitive players only and the bottom half only gets minumal play when up by alot to little . Does this team have a big player turnover rate each season? That's important to know , and actually helpful in deciding how good the dynamics are from coaches to players , otherwise there would not be a need to replace because Noone would leave.

Same Ambush team that started out last fall. No additions, but a few who were injured were cleared to play in this tournament. Looking forward to having my son play with them again. Great group of kids and parents. The coaches made sure everyone played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole roster will play but not equally in tight games. Nor should it. The team has some very talented players but not on a whole as talented as Blaze. With a few pieces this team could be VERY good! Will they get those pieces? Who knows. Most of the really talented kids are already set with their teams. If they got a couple of sizeable skilled dodging attackmen they could definitely surprise some of the upper echelon at this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole roster will play but not equally in tight games. Nor should it. The team has some very talented players but not on a whole as talented as Blaze. With a few pieces this team could be VERY good! Will they get those pieces? Who knows. Most of the really talented kids are already set with their teams. If they got a couple of sizeable skilled dodging attackmen they could definitely surprise some of the upper echelon at this age group.

Getting the "pieces" in 8th grade? Sadly this train ride is coming to an end in a year or two max. Team results won't matter. Look at the board a year or two ahead. Nobody cares who wins tourneys

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo needs to drop the dad head coaches. Especially at the younger years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is WAY to much turnover year in year out with Ambush . this team has been around for a longtime and just about every decent player in this age group has Passed through this turn style team at one point or another, they are not worth stopping by at this time of their travel time , they already have there solid set of players , 2 - 3 being the coaches sons . You cant expect much out of a team who has this type of track record of roster changes. Like previous poster said most really talented players already have their team choice ! so whatever stops in for a visit , is most likely someone who has been impatient for years and shopping for their perfect travel dream team, and before you know it , ITS ALL OVER..

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Looking for advice. My son is fairly new to lacrosse, and on top of that he decided to play goalie this past season. I am getting him some coaching over the summer, to coach him up a little.
My question is, which travel team would be best for him to try out for. I am not looking for the best of the best of the best (lol). Just looking for a team that has good coaching, that everyone plays and has fun, and doesn't require me to get a second mortgage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by bgyako
Looking for advice. My son is fairly new to lacrosse, and on top of that he decided to play goalie this past season. I am getting him some coaching over the summer, to coach him up a little.
My question is, which travel team would be best for him to try out for. I am not looking for the best of the best of the best (lol). Just looking for a team that has good coaching, that everyone plays and has fun, and doesn't require me to get a second mortgage.

It depends on what you are looking for in a TEAM. The LONG and short of it is where do you live on long ISLAND?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue had goalie issues this year. They have 2 teams in this age group and their annual cost is one of the lowest of all the clubs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It depends on what you are looking for in a TEAM. The LONG and short of it is where do you live on long ISLAND?

Lol, slipped one passed the goalie. Metaphorically speaking.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'm in the bethpage area.. Just looking for a team that has decent coaching to make him better, gets to play and have fun.
Not looking for scholarships or anything like that. He really likes it, and want him to have more playing time outside the school schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hitmen out of Bellmore. Play a lot. B level team but the kids learn a lot.
quote=bgyako]I'm in the bethpage area.. Just looking for a team that has decent coaching to make him better, gets to play and have fun.
Not looking for scholarships or anything like that. He really likes it, and want him to have more playing time outside the school schedule. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So word has it Jesters have special appearance players floating around on team at today's tournament , guess trying to finish strong at other people's expense, someone mentioned they were going to blow the whistle to director but that's not going to do much as they are part of the organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So word has it Jesters have special appearance players floating around on team at today's tournament , guess trying to finish strong at other people's expense, someone mentioned they were going to blow the whistle to director but that's not going to do much as they are part of the organization.

There is no way that is the same team! We played them a couple of times this year and saw them at today's tournament. NO WAY!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm in the bethpage area.. Just looking for a team that has decent coaching to make him better, gets to play and have fun.
Not looking for scholarships or anything like that. He really likes it, and want him to have more playing time outside the school schedule.

I heard the Vipers were pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As long as they are the proper age they can have guest players if they do choose.

There is no way that is the same team! We played them a couple of times this year and saw them at today's tournament. NO WAY!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As long as they are the proper age they can have guest players if they do choose.

It is 100 percent same team. And not sure if you are new to tournaments , but you can bring any player you want who is right grade and has a uniform. Not case here , but slow down w the whistle blowing !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are not the same team , know that for a fact!! If parents are okay with outside help then your foolish to stick around !
Whistle blow this team please! Challenge age of certain players?

quote=Anonymous]

It is 100 percent same team. And not sure if you are new to tournaments , but you can bring any player you want who is right grade and has a uniform. Not case here , but slow down w the whistle blowing ! [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is 100 percent same team. And not sure if you are new to tournaments , but you can bring any player you want who is right grade and has a uniform. Not case here , but slow down w the whistle blowing !

If you want to see if it is a different team just look at the helmets. Jester Helmets are the same kids and any other helmet are borrowed. Now you know why the 2022's ran screaming from the Jesters and the 2021's will not be far behind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 97 degrees today , they have 5 middies and 2 attackman out hurt or on vaction two guest middies played with the team today. And yes you might thing its a different team because the goalies where playing attack and defenseman where playing short stick middie. So please blow stop your wining and watch your kid play lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does not matter who is five, six or seven. What does matter is of the five , six and seven teams listed here Ambush and Avalanche have a history of making many player changes each year and they both are looking to make changes this tryout season. The rest of the teams may have a couple of open spots but won't make many changes. So if your kid is looking to drop down or move up to a top 7 team Avalanche and Ambush would be your best chance to make a top seven.

1. Igloo BI
2. 91 BLAZE
3. EXPRESS channy
4. Icon
5. Avalance
6. Ambush
7. Outlaws select
It does not matter who is five, six or seven. What does matter is of the five , six and seven teams listed here Ambush and Avalanche have a history of making many player changes each year and they both are looking to make changes this tryout season. The rest of the teams may have a couple of open spots but won't make many changes. So if your kid is looking to drop down or move up to a top 7 team Avalanche and Ambush would be your best chance to make a top seven.

1. Igloo BI
2. 91 BLAZE
3. EXPRESS channy
4. Icon
5. Avalance
6. Ambush
7. Outlaws select

Express can only be rated ahead of icon if you include their guest icon players. Express laid low this year and are trying to recruit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want to see if it is a different team just look at the helmets. Jester Helmets are the same kids and any other helmet are borrowed. Now you know why the 2022's ran screaming from the Jesters and the 2021's will not be far behind.

Why did the 2022 go screaming? You saying they brought different players to tournaments ?? My son was on team. That is completely false.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 97 degrees today , they have 5 middies and 2 attackman out hurt or on vaction two guest middies played with the team today. And yes you might thing its a different team because the goalies where playing attack and defenseman where playing short stick middie. So please blow stop your wining and watch your kid play lacrosse

DAMMIT!!! Ok

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are not the same team , know that for a fact!! If parents are okay with outside help then your foolish to stick around !
Whistle blow this team please! Challenge age of certain players?

quote=Anonymous]

[/quote]
Lol, now that is funny!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So taking older kids on and advancing into a championship game is considered okay and deal with it? Last I saw this tournament was grade based , 7th grade bracket which is the 2021. NOT 2020 as we all saw today, I guess Jesters thought this was a world series of lacrosse tournament.... PARENTS BE AWARE stay away from Jesters organzation .

quote=Anonymous]It was 97 degrees today , they have 5 middies and 2 attackman out hurt or on vaction two guest middies played with the team today. And yes you might thing its a different team because the goalies where playing attack and defenseman where playing short stick middie. So please blow stop your wining and watch your kid play lacrosse [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And considering Jesters had 9th graders on their team they really didn't do as well as everyone thought watching them in last two games they barely won a real close game in a Braveheart to empiire in semi and then lost to wogue . I would say they are still the same team and nothing has changed .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Older kids your insane my son is on the team all the kids where 2021.
Enjoy the rest of your summer lacrosse guru.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
So taking older kids on and advancing into a championship game is considered okay and deal with it? Last I saw this tournament was grade based , 7th grade bracket which is the 2021. NOT 2020 as we all saw today, I guess Jesters thought this was a world series of lacrosse tournament.... PARENTS BE AWARE stay away from Jesters organzationt

The 2020 team was there and playing games at same time you idiot. Don't make stuff up about these kids. And "advancing to a championship"? They won a playoff game. Jester team is a B plus team. Not ready for A bracket but have been making playoffs all season in competitive B brackets. (Not counting this one as competitive )

Parents beware of parents like this. They are what ruin the game. Johnnys B team lost a game , other guys must be cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for so input for the Bluefish parents. What did you think of this program as a start up. Did you have enough practices and scrimmages? How where the coaches and playing time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Vipers and Millon are good for developing kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

finally...a grownup. bless your heart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My Pleasure. I coach PAL, and not all kids are ready to go to the top groups. Some of the top ones only take the kids who are ready to play, and they don't develop them. I push all of the boys to keep a stick in their hand all summer. It is a fun game, and should be enjoyed. Let the AA crowd push for the crowns, the rest of us just want our kids to have fun, and will be ready to compete in HS. Nobody ever looked back and said that in 8th grade, Michael Jordan was great. It just doesn't matter at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Vipers and Millon are good for developing
kids.

Bravo well put ...thank you

My Pleasure. I coach PAL, and not all kids are ready to go to the top groups. Some of the top ones only take the kids who are ready to play, and they don't develop them. I push all of the boys to keep a stick in their hand all summer. It is a fun game, and should be enjoyed. Let the AA crowd push for the crowns, the rest of us just want our kids to have fun, and will be ready to compete in HS. Nobody ever looked back and said that in 8th grade, Michael Jordan was great. It just doesn't matter at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so the season is over, who is going to look for greener pastures? My little Johnny played for the fluorescent green team (or one of the many **** teams). He got good play time and the parents were good but I don't feel his IQ or his skill level increased. Do I move on in hopes that he makes a better team and gets play time or continue with the current team. This is our second year of travel, is there greener pastures?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to do your homework for any team you consider. There is a lot of truth on this board but a lot of false information as well. Most important you have to be realistic about your kid and his abilities and potential. He may not be ready to make the next step. He could be ready too. What the better teams are looking for is size (AA and A teams are probably looking for kids 5 foot 7 and over and fast to make a change on what they already have), speed and lax IQ. Not everyone is ready for AA because those games are so much faster and very rough compared to the A games and B games. A games are much faster and more physical than B games. Also you have to check your ego at the door and pick a team where your son will play a lot and compete. To answer your question the grass could be greener if you do your homework and investigate the team, be realistic about your son's abilities and don't let your ego have any influence on what team you choose. Most bad situations are caused by the parents not following these simple rules when choosing a team rather than the team doing a bad job. good luck.

Ok so the season is over, who is going to look for greener pastures? My little Johnny played for the fluorescent green team (or one of the many **** teams). He got good play time and the parents were good but I don't feel his IQ or his skill level increased. Do I move on in hopes that he makes a better team and gets play time or continue with the current team. This is our second year of travel, is there greener pastures?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsflash Lax IQ and skill level does not just come from a travel team , It takes more then what is offered in any travel club to be stand-out! Extra time put in along with " true athleticism" ( be realistic ) and focus will exceed anyone who wants it to happen . Stepping into another Entity of Competitive level is risky at 13-14 years old with many power teams playing together for years . if the team he plays with utilizes his efforts out on field , and it seems your content with the surroundings , the suggestion would be get all the extra training you can so he makes more impact the following year. As the previous poster mentioned , you have to be realistic with your sons true ability , Also take into consideration shifting to a high level team has some consequences both earning playtime and trying to fit in with both kids and parents with the existing team , as you mentioned nice parents from his current situation ! The question is how long has he played with his current team ? if after two years playing on same team there's no improvement then I would say yes move on , But again be realistic , most parent think their kid is a lot more then their true abilities can cash in. Greener Pastures is Risky especially if he is getting his share of play on current team.

You have to do your homework for any team you consider. There is a lot of truth on this board but a lot of false information as well. Most important you have to be realistic about your kid and his abilities and potential. He may not be ready to make the next step. He could be ready too. What the better teams are looking for is size (AA and A teams are probably looking for kids 5 foot 7 and over and fast to make a change on what they already have), speed and lax IQ. Not everyone is ready for AA because those games are so much faster and very rough compared to the A games and B games. A games are much faster and more physical than B games. Also you have to check your ego at the door and pick a team where your son will play a lot and compete. To answer your question the grass could be greener if you do your homework and investigate the team, be realistic about your son's abilities and don't let your ego have any influence on what team you choose. Most bad situations are caused by the parents not following these simple rules when choosing a team rather than the team doing a bad job. good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said. I would stick with the teams that you know people on already. Some teams recruit like crazy, and then only play the top 13 out of 22 kids. I can't see plunking down that kind of cash just to say that my kid plays on X team. Go to the tryouts, talk to the parents that are there. You will meet some real winners who think that Johnny is the next Rabil and is too good for any team, and you will meet parents that just want their kids to have fun and get ready to play at the HS level. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age stepping into 8th grade I would say stay where you are , especially that your son gets his fair share of playtime . This is the time for your son to put the extra effort in on his own to get better . A travel team will focus on a little bit of everything to prepare for showcase time with the team . Better to stick with what you know then to venture elsewhere and take a chance of being in the same position you feel you are already . If your kid is that good chances he would already be on the upper echelon team that so many parents feel that makes the world of a difference! , parents always feel their kids more capable then the curent situation. That's not doing any justice for their kid as travel seems to be more about the parent then the child.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How are the recon? Price location are perfect. From what I heard they have open spots as well.

Page 42 of 44 1 2 40 41 42 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard