BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 70 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was the championship because Recon up to that point was 2-0, the other team was 2-0 and everyone else in the bracket had 1 loss. There was no playoff bracket, but best of the 3 games - not sure why recon had 4. Anyway, they went 3-0 and the other I think went 3-1 but that last game was against a team the other had beaten already so it wouldn't effect standings. So while not a bracket championship it was a championship. It doesn't mean much but shirts were given to the other team because they were champs which I guess for someone like yourself solidify the championship so to speak.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
yes since most of us are on B teams what are the top 5 2023 B teams.

Outlaws Black
True Blue
Empire Green
Recon
Express Channy

How many games did outlaws black win this weekend?

Do you have enough facts about how many players were there before you speak?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire loves the B shirts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
E3 is the best B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaws Black
True Blue
Empire Green
Recon
Express Channy

They had select players fill in, no?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids had a good tournament.... Period!!!
Enough with the BS!....
Still hiding huh??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
E3 is the best B team

E3 has that insane mom that yells on the side line like a lunatic. She alone would make me not let my kid try out for that team. I have nightmares of her yelling at that poor Hawk kid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was the championship because Recon up to that point was 2-0, the other team was 2-0 and everyone else in the bracket had 1 loss. There was no playoff bracket, but best of the 3 games - not sure why recon had 4. Anyway, they went 3-0 and the other I think went 3-1 but that last game was against a team the other had beaten already so it wouldn't effect standings. So while not a bracket championship it was a championship. It doesn't mean much but shirts were given to the other team because they were champs which I guess for someone like yourself solidify the championship so to speak.

Recon was asked to play a fourth game by the organizers. We did and lost. We went 3-1 beating 6th blaze, 5th blaze, 2023 outlaws {unsure of color or class a,b,}. As a parent I thought Hitmen 2022 was above us as it should have been. A parent from Hitmen complimented our boys on how they moved the ball and the great sportsmanship by our team. Lets leave it at that. It was a good day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaws Black
True Blue
Empire Green
Recon
Express Channy

What's do we think will happen with Express this year? Last year was an obscene money grab resulting in 3 teams. The HB'S are what they are. The channel team had 30+ kids on the roster with a lot of pissed parents and not a stellar season and then they created this C team, also with a pretty full roster that only won a few games. So does MC go with the money grab again continuing to drive his credibility into the ground or actually hold a legit tryout and take thr best and make competitive B teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids had a good tournament.... Period!!!
Enough with the BS!....
Still hiding huh??

Little Johnny rocked it this weekend. Do you feel better now?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaws Black
True Blue
Empire Green
Recon
Express Channy

Yes, much more going on with b teams. A teams get the headlines but lots of other stuff going on. Plenty of teams with good pieces in place. We'll see how much movement happens.
-A lot of talk about recon, but is it just them trying to get their name out there?
-Empire green keep building or lose kids?
-outlaws black add some more pieces?
-ditto legacy?
-e3 keep growing?
-will icon put the pieces together?
-Express Channy put together a team to win or make $?
-express white find some offense instead of filling wallets?
-bluefish withstand building years?
-24?

Kids leaving, kids staying. Good luck at tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was thinking of having my son try out for the Millon team. Does anyone know anything about that organization?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaws Black
True Blue
Empire Green
Recon
Express Channy

They had select players fill in, no?

No, it was just Black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaws Black
True Blue
Empire Green
Recon
Express Channy

What's do we think will happen with Express this year? Last year was an obscene money grab resulting in 3 teams. The HB'S are what they are. The channel team had 30+ kids on the roster with a lot of pissed parents and not a stellar season and then they created this C team, also with a pretty full roster that only won a few games. So does MC go with the money grab again continuing to drive his credibility into the ground or actually hold a legit tryout and take thr best and make competitive B teams?

I heard at least for jr.'so team they're gonna try and keep the core and add pieces so he has a better team. Saw them a couple times and they seem hot and cold on how they played. 3rd team wasn't competitive much. We played them in the fall and again in summer. Much improved from fall but always on defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bet if you asked kid he would say..."no more, please.. I want to do other things besides lacrosse with my summer"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bet if you asked kid he would say..."no more, please.. I want to do other things besides lacrosse with my summer"

Didn't you mean to be texting your significant other with this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually yes I do. It was great seeing a team be down by 3 goals, against a team that brought in many different kids (Igloo) to play in the championship game, and see our team run off 7 goals to win. Nice to see that the kids didn't quit and fought back as a team.
As for you; continue hiding like the coward you are. I truly enjoy the fact that an 11 yr. old travel team has engulfed your entire waking and pathetic life!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been talking to some people and it looks like there will be a lot of movement for next season. The grass is always greener on the other side for some people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is true.....Grass is always greener, other clubs will gladly take your money regardless if your child will play or not and continued politics no matter where they go!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been talking to some people and it looks like there will be a lot of movement for next season. The grass is always greener on the other side for some people.

Owners of clubs should take note:
The grass is greener when the next team you move your son to has better coaching, more practices, works on all aspects of every position, and wants to build the development of each player.
I also know a lot of my sons friends who are leaving large clubs because this is not what was promised to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's sad that you had a bad experience where little Johnny was playing. It appears that problems come from the parents who have this false reality that their child is "all world" and is being looked at by D1 scouts. Let the kids learn the game and have fun competing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's sad that you had a bad experience where little Johnny was playing. It appears that problems come from the parents who have this false reality that their child is "all world" and is being looked at by D1 scouts. Let the kids learn the game and have fun competing.

The problem is not the parent, it's the owner of the club selling a bunch of crap for the parents hard earned money. I know of only a few clubs where the practices are year round, provide top notch training, cover all aspects of the game, and build a better player. It has nothing to do with D1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there are names of clubs that fill/fulfill all of these requirements please share.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While yes this is taken way too seriously, why would people not be upset if they paid a lot of money and didn't get what they were told? To some that is a big expense. If you had a plumber come into your house to do $1000 worth of work and they do half of what was promised, would you use them again? I completely agree with what you said about being unrealistic, but to step on someone's statement about services rendered if true is not fair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there are names of clubs that fill/fulfill all of these requirements please share.

Mr Anonymous owner I do not need to share with you who your competitors are. If you did a better job you wouldn't need to worry about the kids who are leaving your club for a better learning experience!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not an owner....Just a parent like yourself... Just interested to see/hear of any other organization that is without the issues you speak of..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand your example.....I was just stating that one's views may be clouded over sometimes by their own false expectations and/or lack of knowledge themselves. I agree that one should get their $$ worth 100%

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the posts. There are only 3-4 real "A" teams in this age group. The rest of us far outnumber them, and we love lacrosse. I am more interested in hearing good news about the "B" teams, and how they are coming along and growing. The elitists can go hang out on their 3-4 teams. We don't need them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. I understand your frustration. My son has been playing for one of the premier clubs in NJ for the past two years. This year we found the experience completely unbearable. It just wasn't fun. My son didn't learn anything. The parents were out of their minds. He was preemptively offered a position for the 2017 season but we declined. Instead, we have opted for a smaller more low-key team where he can actually get some hands on training. Sure the prestige element isn't there but who cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not an owner....Just a parent like yourself... Just interested to see/hear of any other organization that is without the issues you speak of..
He's not a parent...he's a troll. He loves stirring the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's not a parent...he's a troll. He loves stirring the pot.

The troll is probably one of those owners of their so called elite organizations with an A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh no, you must think your kid is a stud. You are an idiot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh no, you must think your kid is a stud. You are an idiot.

Your office is on dirt. You are the idiot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the posts. There are only 3-4 real "A" teams in this age group. The rest of us far outnumber them, and we love lacrosse. I am more interested in hearing good news about the "B" teams, and how they are coming along and growing. The elitists can go hang out on their 3-4 teams. We don't need them!

I think that we learned last season that the field of good quality, competitive teams is growing. Only a year ago there was two teams (Bandits and Badgers) and then the rest. This year, teams like Igloo, S2S and Warriors took really big steps forward. Most of these teams have played each other to writhing a goal or two on numerous occasions. I think that's awesome for the age group. Next year we may see a few more teams make a jump and then things will really get exciting! There will be changes made in most clubs, all for the better. To think that any of them are out of reach is just silly. Kids work and grow in the offseason. They get stronger and more skilled. The landscape is working itself out, but it will continue to change for the next few years.

They're all too much money, and we're all crazy parents (just being in this board when the season is over is proof enough of that!). If you can find the team that best suits your child, then run with it!

Good luck to all of the boys at trouts next month!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B teams? Express Channy and True Blue were in all A Bracket tournaments this year along with Outlaws Select. I guess the other teams were all in B Brackets. If your playing in B brackets then you are a B team. A brackets = A teams. Of course Express, 91 and the Md teams putting their own tournaments together for a money grab throws a monkey wrench into things. Oh yeah they don't want to deal with the age requirements with all their hold backs!! Should be interesting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Badgers, Bandits, S2S, Igloo are A.
Everybody else is B whether or not they play in A.
True Blue, Warriors, Ourlaws select, Channy get blown out in A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B teams? Express Channy and True Blue were in all A Bracket tournaments this year along with Outlaws Select. I guess the other teams were all in B Brackets. If your playing in B brackets then you are a B team. A brackets = A teams. Of course Express, 91 and the Md teams putting their own tournaments together for a money grab throws a monkey wrench into things. Oh yeah they don't want to deal with the age requirements with all their hold backs!! Should be interesting
playing in an A bracket does not make you an A team. You have to beat a few A teams to be considered an A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree. Finally a sensible comment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why don't they make a B+ Division? It would suite those teams that are better than B but not yet A.........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How would you know until you played them. The only team that played True Blue was STS and they tied them! So much for that BLOWN OUT Theory!!!

Page 65 of 70 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard