BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 58 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I call BS. Duke is def not just sitting quietly on a 2020 early commit waiting for the right time to let the player announce.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I call BS. Duke is def not just sitting quietly on a 2020 early commit waiting for the right time to let the player announce.

You are wrong - they don't want to be part of the early recruiting but they already have their guys. The promises have been made - be quiet until next summer and the spot is yours. Believe it - this is the 3rd year it has happened.

Look at their recruiting board - every one of the kids is in the top 75 in the country. Do you think those kids are turning down other offers in the hope that Duke calls them in the summer? Nope - they already know they have a spot at Duke...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are wrong - they don't want to be part of the early recruiting but they already have their guys. The promises have been made - be quiet until next summer and the spot is yours. Believe it - this is the 3rd year it has happened.

Look at their recruiting board - every one of the kids is in the top 75 in the country. Do you think those kids are turning down other offers in the hope that Duke calls them in the summer? Nope - they already know they have a spot at Duke...

Duke is right alongside the earliest recruiting programs. To be candid, I think it is sleazy of Dino & Co to do this but also lie about it to deny doing it. There isn't such a thing as a tight lipped club owner or parent that doesn't mention it around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are wrong... There was not one Duke assistant on any sideliine anywhere all summer long "We are still piecing together our 19's we are aware of many of the talented 20's but we are still focusing on the other age groups this moment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it hard to believe Duke has "their guys" and no one has heard anything about it . Either way it is primarily the ACC and Big Ten Schools that are driving the process.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The greatest predictor of lacrosse success and early commitments are birth dates. Loved to watch the dads when their third grader was a phenom and dominating the PAL. They were so proud. Only to find out 8 years later that Junior was a full 9-11 months older than everyone else. On top of the fact that some town programs had kids playing up due to low roster numbers, so he was running over kids a year and a half to two years younger. Junior was the next Mikey Powell or Nicky Polanco. The travel coaches chose maturity over ability and lobbied his parents to join their "A" team. He got better coaching, better tournaments and better opportunities to play with better players. So for all you dads believing you must have magical sperm imparting those superhuman genes on your offspring, think again. You either got lucky, planned the conception masterfully, red shirted your kindergartner, or had him reclassed. Congrats. In this new age of less physical play, out of control club teams and college coaches fighting over 9th graders, you hit the jackpot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are wrong... There was not one Duke assistant on any sideliine anywhere all summer long "We are still piecing together our 19's we are aware of many of the talented 20's but we are still focusing on the other age groups this moment.

Better story than fact. Duke relies on their alum network of club coaches and do have assistant coaches attending events.

A couple years ago they swore off that they simply don't speak with or evaluate 9th graders. Blatant lie. One of my son's close friends committed in November of 9th grade year. It wasn't announced -- at Duke's request -- until he finished his 9th grade academic year. It would be better for Dino & Co's program and reputation if they were forthright about what they do. Dom Starsia did the same thing for years. Oh he loathed having 9th graders showing up at his door, he just couldn't bring himself to do that...until he did the very next day after saying that to some lacrosse journalist. The endurance of time works against people who lie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all on the sidelines. The same ones that are writing the rules are recruiting. They are watching 2020-including Duke and the Ivys-boys and girls. Saw it first hand at Mid Atlantic in early in June.

Some of these coaches need to look in the mirror-Can the pass the mirror test????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT, duke asst or someone representing duke has been at a showcase this summer for '20's. Fact duke head coach has inquired to club director about a certain '20 prospect i know of who has already committed to psu.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the reclasses, they will soon be recruiting 6th graders with full beards.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT, duke asst or someone representing duke has been at a showcase this summer for '20's. Fact duke head coach has inquired to club director about a certain '20 prospect i know of who has already committed to psu.

He'd be foolish if he didn't. Who hasnt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess someone just finished reading The Outliers
The greatest predictor of lacrosse success and early commitments are birth dates. Loved to watch the dads when their third grader was a phenom and dominating the PAL. They were so proud. Only to find out 8 years later that Junior was a full 9-11 months older than everyone else. On top of the fact that some town programs had kids playing up due to low roster numbers, so he was running over kids a year and a half to two years younger. Junior was the next Mikey Powell or Nicky Polanco. The travel coaches chose maturity over ability and lobbied his parents to join their "A" team. He got better coaching, better tournaments and better opportunities to play with better players. So for all you dads believing you must have magical sperm imparting those superhuman genes on your offspring, think again. You either got lucky, planned the conception masterfully, red shirted your kindergartner, or had him reclassed. Congrats. In this new age of less physical play, out of control club teams and college coaches fighting over 9th graders, you hit the jackpot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are being factual you have to provide facts, what you are doing is spreading rumors. Base your FACT with details or it is not a FACT!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Encouraging to know at least one person on here knows what books are LOL

I guess someone just finished reading The Outliers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You'd think lacrosse IQ is something they award for repeating a grade these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Class will be lightly recruited schools will load up with 2020's because of its strength.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another one who thinks there is a statistically significant difference in talent level across a full year's worth of players. Take probability 101.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Class will be lightly recruited schools will load up with 2020's because of its strength.
let me guess your son is a ..........2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is far less parity in the 2020 class. There is one team that never loses. 2019 has 6 to 8 teams that consistently play one another to one or two goal outcomes. It must get old entering a 2020 tournament only to discover that 91 is entered.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is far less parity in the 2020 class. There is one team that never loses. 2019 has 6 to 8 teams that consistently play one another to one or two goal outcomes. It must get old entering a 2020 tournament only to discover that 91 is entered.

You do realize there is lacrosse outside of LI- right? Have you seen some of the 2020 kids in MD, NJ, PA, CA, TX ??? Lots of talented 2020s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are u kidding me ? 2020 is a weak year. Just because a few got committed already doesn't mean anything. Honestly , a few aren't deserving yet. They haven't even grown. It snowballed after the first one who definatly is deserving. 2019 actually is a very strong year. I have one in both years and the difference is very noticeable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize there is lacrosse outside of LI- right? Have you seen some of the 2020 kids in MD, NJ, PA, CA, TX ??? Lots of talented 2020s.

There is??? Well maybe, but it isnt Real Lacrosse! smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what you are talking about. Outside of 91 the next top 10 2020 teams can beat most 2019 squads. Maryland is loaded with talent at 2020. As is PA and NJ.

There is??? Well maybe, but it isnt Real Lacrosse! smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You have no idea what you are talking about. Outside of 91 the next top 10 2020 teams can beat most 2019 squads.

Name an established program where the 2020 team can beat the 2019 team. I live in MD so I will answer a few for you. Not Madlax, FCA, Crabs. I would bet heavily on the 2019s from LXC, 90+1, Express/N, Dukes/HHH, etc. handily beating their 2020s.

At 2020, has any other team besides 90+1, Looneys or Crabs ever won a compettive tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have any facts to back up top 10 2020s beating 2019s? Are we talking about boys teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anybody give me an update on the 2028's? Any superstars? LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you people all need your heads examined, please go get a life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are u kidding me ? 2020 is a weak year. Just because a few got committed already doesn't mean anything. Honestly , a few aren't deserving yet. They haven't even grown. It snowballed after the first one who definatly is deserving. 2019 actually is a very strong year. I have one in both years and the difference is very noticeable.

My oldest was HS class of 2012 and my youngest is a 2022. I have to say I have seen club lacrosse REGRESS as a whole every year down the sequence. LI, Maryland, Philly and other doesn't matter. Every next class passing through has been worse because club lacrosse has destroyed player development. Kids are stick skilled because of more year round practice, but basic fundamentals...where to be, what angles to play, how to position, etc...are much worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can..It will be the best class since the 2026's. 2027 is a disaster according to people in the know!. No speed and and most wouldn't know a 1-4-1 from a 1-3-2.

Ty Xanders has a big profile up on the 2028's. Man they are going to be good. Several have decided to not do nap time and hit the wall!! He has given a shout out on a couple of FOGO's too.

Dont tell anyone but UNC and Hopkins have already recruited two of the stud 2028 middies. They are keeping it hush hush. Both middies can shoot with either hand while drinking out of a sippy cup!

Expecting more 2028 commitments to be announced soon!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, when your son is in HS you will know. Every year says the same

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can..It will be the best class since the 2026's. 2027 is a disaster according to people in the know!. No speed and and most wouldn't know a 1-4-1 from a 1-3-2.

Ty Xanders has a big profile up on the 2028's. Man they are going to be good. Several have decided to not do nap time and hit the wall!! He has given a shout out on a couple of FOGO's too.

Dont tell anyone but UNC and Hopkins have already recruited two of the stud 2028 middies. They are keeping it hush hush. Both middies can shoot with either hand while drinking out of a sippy cup!

Big secret, don't tell anyone. The two stud middies are really 2027s. HAHAHA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
printed in the Baltimore Sun this morning a couple days ago... A proposal to rein in recruiting practices in college lacrosse – where players as young as rising high school freshmen commit to Division I programs – has crossed a major hurdle toward being ratified.

Last month the NCAA Division I Council recommended legislation to prohibit contact with potential athletes before Sept. 1 of their junior year in high school. If approved by the NCAA Division I Board of Directors in April 2017, the laws could be enacted as early as Aug. 1, 2017.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
printed in the Baltimore Sun this morning a couple days ago... A proposal to rein in recruiting practices in college lacrosse – where players as young as rising high school freshmen commit to Division I programs – has crossed a major hurdle toward being ratified.

Last month the NCAA Division I Council recommended legislation to prohibit contact with potential athletes before Sept. 1 of their junior year in high school. If approved by the NCAA Division I Board of Directors in April 2017, the laws could be enacted as early as Aug. 1, 2017.

This will not happen, as college sports do not revolve around lacrosse, a sport that nobody cares about except players and their families! And of course the money grabbers!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big secret, don't tell anyone. The two stud middies are really 2027s. HAHAHA

but those two have Sept birthdays and "could" be 2028 and are still younger than some 0n Crabs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so ridiculous...saying one class is strong and one is weak...get a grip. I guarantee you there will be the same amount of kids committed to D1 programs when all is said and done of 20's and 19's...and ditto for 18's and 21's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you consider much money?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you consider much money?

Depends on school, big 10 schools like PSU and OSU will give the most and guarantee it for 4 years. The best kids, and I mean lights out are getting about 50% of total cost, about 20k or so a year. Schools like Maryland, UNC, Syracuse, Duke will not offer big money to young kids. One of the top attackman I know personally got 25% as an early recruit to UNC He eventually got more because he stayed great and asked for more so there is always money. Some claim they got "full ride" . That statement usually does not include room and board (15k+) . This may be possible if you are a really great player going to a top 20vs top 10 school. Also some coaches play creative financing combining athletic with academic money to make the said%. This is smoke and mirrors. A true lacrosse scholarship is Strictly athletic money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a 2019 with three schools waiting for other school(s) to make an offer before they do. What the heck do I do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a 2019 with three schools waiting for other school(s) to make an offer before they do. What the heck do I do?

First thing you should do is come on this site and solicit advice from strangers (mostly idiots) about your sons future. The rest should all fall in to place after that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What we did in this situation was ask our son what his first choice was, call the coach, tell him we are ready to commit and ask what the scholarship will be. If you're happy with the offer, great. If not ask for more or say we need to think about it, then call the other schools and say the same. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 58 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard