BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: LONG ISLAND - GIrls Only YJ/TG free discussion
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by strongARM
Anyone have anything good/bad to say about 91 and/or Icon?

We have played Icon at several tourneys over the summer. We split against them.
Would welcome a game against them any time. Not too familiar with their coaches, but girls seem to be well coached and well motivated.
No issues that would spark pages of comments on here, from parents or players

Hope that helps

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone have anything good/bad to say about [****] and/or Icon?

.. great post encouraging and instigating the back and forth BS that goes on on tis site - this site should be taken down and instead we have white trash of America teaching our children to hate! Way to BOTC - you must be so proud of this blog site! BOTC is the only one who can put an end to this disgusting display of humanity!

Hey Anonymous tough guy, I am genuinely interested in opinions about these teams on my daughter's behalf. I'm not trolling at all, the fact that small minded jerks turn it into something that it is not... that's on them.

By the way, I love the idea that you refer to people as white trash and in the same fetid breath mention that others are teaching people to hate.

Stick it jerk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ignore him. probably frustradted that he spent the summer chasing a non existent "ride" for his/her kid. pretty clear its "that Guy" on sidelines etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
imagine the ride back to Long Island with that tool? ripping the kid, coach, refs.
New Jersey tpk., Belt.
his/her kid a little more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wave is a very good program that believes in old school simple philosophy-respect the players, respect the game. One team per age group allows total attention and development. Great families, director has a Rolodex of many schools and will be honest about your daughters opportunities to play at the next level.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will put DG integrity up against any other LI Travel lax director....

When you look at the credentials of all of the women's club directors on LI do any of the directors compare to Liberty and Danielle from a playing career, college coaching career and HS coaching career? Seriously?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Throw in that she is now GM of the New LI professional women's lax team (LI Sound)..not too shabby...only fear is that the Liberty side gets short end of stick now...seeing it in some respects already ..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Throw in that she is now GM of the New LI professional women's lax team (LI Sound)..not too shabby...only fear is that the Liberty side gets short end of stick now...seeing it in some respects already ..

The GM of new pro team? Let me guess another big $$$ grab. That is laughable! And just so you know unless you are a favorite set HS kid you have always got the short end of the stick. Just the facts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The GM of new pro team? Let me guess another big $$$ grab. That is laughable! And just so you know unless you are a favorite set HS kid you have always got the short end of the stick. Just the facts

NOT true at all, we know tons of NON Set kids (including close friends) who love the program and are excelling. I also think it was an honor to get that GM job and since the league has ZERO money I am sure it had nothing to do with the $$s. Sounds like this is coming from another jealous travel director?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOT TRUE.....
She is all about SET.
Stay there ... Good Luck

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The real funny part to this most of the comments like these always seem to come from people outside of the club. I have had my daughter involved with this club for years and have never heard of anyone within the club being that upset. Very few kids leave the club and some come back when they do. You never see the infighting between teams on this thread like you do for every other club, and the parents for the most part , don't come on this site to pound there chest. Danielle is a fantastic coach and I am glad my daughter had the chance to play for her. She helped my daughter with recruiting as much as she could, but yes the 'set girls do get more attention simply because she sees them every day, Carol does the same for her Northport girls but no one says anything about that.Just look at these threads and you will only see bad things said about Liberty from Yellow Jacket parents that have never been involved with the club, Go to tryouts and see for your self

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy had solid coaching at 2021 and 2020 blue. Coaching changes have been made in the younger ages that will definetly be big. ((The two 2020 blue coaches RG and SLare taking over the 23 and 24 teams respectively). The 2021 team improved throughout the season, probably the best defensive unit in the age on LI and needs to drop a few girls and add a few more talented ones (2 or 3) then they would be competive with any team on LI. The 2020 blue is very competitive, has a great coach. The teal needs a little more love, but the girls also need a little more commitment. The teal gets to practice often with blue and get quality reps. There has been a great deal of focus on developing player "iq" .

The director has a strong plan for fall and winter development so these teams will progress at an accelerated pace. Families have been good and the girls generally seem to enjoy playing together. As a parent I would say it is a very good option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy had solid coaching at 2021 and 2020 blue. Coaching changes have been made in the younger ages that will definetly be big. ((The two 2020 blue coaches RG and SLare taking over the 23 and 24 teams respectively). The 2021 team improved throughout the season, probably the best defensive unit in the age on LI and needs to drop a few girls and add a few more talented ones (2 or 3) then they would be competive with any team on LI. The 2020 blue is very competitive, has a great coach. The teal needs a little more love, but the girls also need a little more commitment. The teal gets to practice often with blue and get quality reps. There has been a great deal of focus on developing player "iq" .

The director has a strong plan for fall and winter development so these teams will progress at an accelerated pace. Families have been good and the girls generally seem to enjoy playing together. As a parent I would say it is a very good option.

The original question was about team ** and icon not L Blue or Teal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is liberty at the younger ages?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is liberty at the younger ages?

At the younger ages, at least when my older daughter was that age, Liberty was not strong. As years past, they got better. Partly from kids on the team progressing and partly from other travel players coming to the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2021 nearly the top team on LI?
Normally I would say you are drinking the Kool Aid,
Whith that assessment I would say you are sniffing the glue too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's clearly better other than YJ? They have beaten teams that have beaten TG Black and Elevate. They lost to Elevate in their very first game as a team by one goal in November, without their top girl. Not saying they are clearly better than TG, TE or Lib. just saying they are around the same. Games would be close. If they could add 2-3 more impact players they would be clearly better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who have the beaten from LI this summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the girls travel options for Western Suffolk to Central Suffolk? And are any of them good choices?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Steve!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree! definitely sniffing something. This team or this club is not top anything on LI. Who calls themselves the top without winning anything meaningful to back it up? Tooting your own horn huh L? We get it its tryout time. Need to pump the program. nothing wrong with that just don't pump it with made up statements like this. Now here comes the L police in 3.2..1 How about you leave Maryland and report to Hofstra to help those girls. From the looks of it, they're being demolished.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who have the beaten from LI this summer?

Who has TE, TG it Liberty beaten at 2021 on LI this season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is a good Nassau based club for 4th grader

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

cheap and as local as possible at that age IMO. A bunch of people on here will extoll the virtues of which ever team on which they are vicariously playing, but for a 4th grader it's a bunch of bunk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
back yard based at most...that age they should be with friends swimming playing at parks etc. ya know , being 8-9 yrs old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

cheap and as local as possible at that age IMO. A bunch of people on here will extoll the virtues of which ever team on which they are vicariously playing, but for a 4th grader it's a bunch of bunk.

Could not disagree more. Go to a program that will teach them properly but most important go to a program where it will be fun for them. Some of these local cheap programs are run by crazy parents with dreams of creating some super team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could not disagree more. Go to a program that will teach them properly but most important go to a program where it will be fun for them. Some of these local cheap programs are run by crazy parents with dreams of creating some super team.

UUUUUUHHHHHMMMMM, CRAZY PARENTS are latched to local teams? You have to be out of your mind. Do you read the main forums? What part of the big time teams seam like fun as a parent or as a kid? The crazy parents and super teams are 90 percent of the fodder on these boards and you can find 50 threads that go on and on about the disgusting parents involved as well.

By local and cheap I don't mean teams that don't have real organization around them, I just mean don't be scared of all of the 'B' teams that are so sneared at. And by local I mean stay close by so perhaps your kids will make local friends on these teams and you'll have easier carpooling capabilities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UUUUUUHHHHHMMMMM, CRAZY PARENTS are latched to local teams? You have to be out of your mind. Do you read the main forums? What part of the big time teams seam like fun as a parent or as a kid? The crazy parents and super teams are 90 percent of the fodder on these boards and you can find 50 threads that go on and on about the disgusting parents involved as well.

By local and cheap I don't mean teams that don't have real organization around them, I just mean don't be scared of all of the 'B' teams that are so sneared at. And by local I mean stay close by so perhaps your kids will make local friends on these teams and you'll have easier carpooling capabilities.

Watched a lot of the local teams at Hofstra this weekend. Both Li Wave and Express look like well run organizations. Girls looked like they were all close and friends. Teams played fundamental lacrosse and did well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there you go. a sane person.
you are right on. the a hole parents are those who make it so uncomfortable for everyone. Sideline authorities, know it all, jealous dopes who love to hype the team their kid is on as if anyone but them care about the record etc. Competitive in the wrong way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched a lot of the local teams at Hofstra this weekend. Both Li Wave and Express look like well run organizations. Girls looked like they were all close and friends. Teams played fundamental lacrosse and did well.

Parent of a Wave player. You're right...they are well run and the girls are close and friendly. Not just my daughter's team. Wave is really does feel like a family.
Are they going to beat the premier travel clubs, probably not, but the girls are enjoying their time on the field and I see improvement each season that passes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parent of a Wave player. You're right...they are well run and the girls are close and friendly. Not just my daughter's team. Wave is really does feel like a family.
Are they going to beat the premier travel clubs, probably not, but the girls are enjoying their time on the field and I see improvement each season that passes.

Isn't Wave the team that doesn't add players after 7th grade unless they have someone leave? I don't think they have annual tryouts... so you are generally locked out. It's sort of nice- just not if you wanted to get on the team and you are too old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched a lot of the local teams at Hofstra this weekend. Both Li Wave and Express look like well run organizations. Girls looked like they were all close and friends. Teams played fundamental lacrosse and did well. [/quote]

Are they going to beat the premier travel clubs, probably not, but the girls are enjoying their time on the field and I see improvement each season that passes.[/quote]

Isn't Wave the team that doesn't add players after 7th grade unless they have someone leave? I don't think they have annual tryouts... so you are generally locked out. It's sort of nice- just not if you wanted to get on the team and you are too old.

[/quote]

Yes, their policy is if you are good enough to make the team then you are good enough to stay on the team (as long as you are an active participant - attend practices/tourneys, are not repeatedly late, etc).
Just because that is the policy, it doesn't mean you are shut out. It just means there are limited spots open each year. While a formal tryout isn't given, if you inquire the director will most likely invite someone down to a team fall practice.

My daughter attended a fall practice for the 2019s a year after the team was already together.....she's loved every minute since

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
Could not disagree more. Go to a program that will teach them properly but most important go to a program where it will be fun for them. Some of these local cheap programs are run by crazy parents with dreams of creating some super team. [/quote]

[/quote]

Watched a lot of the local teams at Hofstra this weekend. Both Li Wave and Express look like well run organizations. Girls looked like they were all close and friends. Teams played fundamental lacrosse and did well. [/quote]

Are they going to beat the premier travel clubs, probably not, but the girls are enjoying their time on the field and I see improvement each season that passes.[/quote]

[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard