BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Complaint Department
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
notice how the tryout fees have rocketed up this year?..used to be 25/50 bucks..now that is gonzo..just another way for programs to squeeze folks...

Yeah, its hilarious for the "B" clubs to be charging those fees as well. I limited my son's tryouts this year to 1 club.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yess...and the ones that do now send out in July!!...amazing..used to be a sort of gentleman's agreement they would wait until August to send out tryout notices...now its whoever can get the word out first....when are the parents just going to say enough is enough? yeah, yeah..I get all the greed reasons and tales that the parents get sold..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yess...and the ones that do now send out in July!!...amazing..used to be a sort of gentleman's agreement they would wait until August to send out tryout notices...now its whoever can get the word out first....when are the parents just going to say enough is enough? yeah, yeah..I get all the greed reasons and tales that the parents get sold..

I'd like to also know where these clubs get the balls to charge 100$ plus for a tryout. Other sports that people actually care about like basketball and soccer either don't charge at all, of a nominal fee. AAU basketball charges $25. That's fair. Just another money making racket for lax! Better off waiting for the dust settles after tryouts if your kid is a good player. Many teams hold second tryouts for free or recruit positions of need.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
notice how the tryout fees have rocketed up this year?..used to be 25/50 bucks..now that is gonzo..just another way for programs to squeeze folks...

Yeah, its hilarious for the "B" clubs to be charging those fees as well. I limited my son's tryouts this year to 1 club.

maybe on the flip side it will stop people from trying out for multiple clubs that they really don't have any intention of playing for? Maybe if they applied the tryout fee once you accept it would ease the sting and make you feel like you got something

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had made a proposal a few years ago to a club owner (not a major club) that he should charge $500 for tryout and if the kid makes the team it is applied to tuition and if he is cut he gets a $450 refund. that would stop people from trying out for teams they have no intention of playing for. I know it will never happen and try out fees have become a huge revenue source but it would have been nice.

Another idea that will never happen is a club saying up front how many kids will be on a team and how many spots are open.

good luck with that as well

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think directors care about having too many kids try out?...at 50/75 a pop?...they love it...they all know they will get a team because as folks have said before, there is a team for everyone...wave those tryout fees in and pay for the end of season vacation..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no body should complain about tryouts...

Why because you decide to go they don't put a gun to your head. and why do you go because you think little Johnnie has a chance. They you get upset when they say he didn't make it and you thought he played better than some others.

Tryouts aren't like all star games, where the best always get picked (oh wait did I say the best get picked sorry). It is all political if little Johnnie is good get him to some of the clinics of the teams you may be interested in. Give him a shot by giving them a preview.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just came back from the Girls U15 National Championships in Indiana. Definitely regretting having made the trip. Numbers of teams in competition is way down. It is ridiculous US Lacrosse even has a U13 and U14 competition with about 7 teams in them. Can't call this a National Championship.

On top of that the sportsmanship (or lack of) displayed by the coaches and parents of the YJs was despicable. They clearly were the top teams at that competition, but the lack of class exhibited by coaching and parents was incomprehensible. Beating teams by 10-15+ scores with players going to trick shots and yet parents and coaches still complaining about every call and non-call. It is unfortunate that CR has such a stake in US Lacrosse because everyone is afraid to call her out on her out on the lack of sportsmanship she breeds in her club. The main principle US Lacrosse would like to uphold in this sport Yellow Jackets are the biggest offenders of.

Without a doubt they are one of the top clubs in the country within girls lacrosse, but they should learn to act like it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now clubs are charging $85/$95 to tryout. What a scam! And of course all the crazy parents will pay it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you are the "sane" parent who gets a better deal?.....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But you are right, its criminal...going from 25/35 to 50 to now almost 100 bucks??...and guarantee that team fees go up next year...whatever the mkt will take, the directors will give...sort of like Ron Jeremy...
and folks wonder why lax perceived as the "rich kids sport"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just came back from the Girls U15 National Championships in Indiana. Definitely regretting having made the trip. Numbers of teams in competition is way down. It is ridiculous US Lacrosse even has a U13 and U14 competition with about 7 teams in them. Can't call this a National Championship.

On top of that the sportsmanship (or lack of) displayed by the coaches and parents of the YJs was despicable. They clearly were the top teams at that competition, but the lack of class exhibited by coaching and parents was incomprehensible. Beating teams by 10-15+ scores with players going to trick shots and yet parents and coaches still complaining about every call and non-call. It is unfortunate that CR has such a stake in US Lacrosse because everyone is afraid to call her out on her out on the lack of sportsmanship she breeds in her club. The main principle US Lacrosse would like to uphold in this sport Yellow Jackets are the biggest offenders of.

Without a doubt they are one of the top clubs in the country within girls lacrosse, but they should learn to act like it!

Next year there is not going to be a U15 division it will be a U12,13,14 modified checking tournament that not one team will attend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is happy paying it sherlock, but what's the alternative. Have your kid not play on a club team because of a tryout fee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two YJ teams outscored their opponents 125 - 15 and won multiple games by over 22 goals I think the worst was 25-1 and 23-0
GIVE ME A F-IN BREAK. Classless bad people from top to bottom. Directors, coaches & parents. Not sure if you can blame the kids even though they know better when their coach and parents keep telling them to go to the cage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not at all. We all drank the Kool Aid. I limited my son to trying out for two teams of his choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two YJ teams outscored their opponents 125 - 15 and won multiple games by over 22 goals I think the worst was 25-1 and 23-0
GIVE ME A F-IN BREAK. Classless bad people from top to bottom. Directors, coaches & parents. Not sure if you can blame the kids even though they know better when their coach and parents keep telling them to go to the cage.

You act like this behavior from them isn't normal. We are talking Long Island, people. The most classless group of parents and coaches. Talented group of girls, I give them that. But they are overshadowed by the sideline behaviors of those who are supposed to be cheering them on. It's gross behavior any way you look at it. And God help the teams that DO beat them. When the LI parents turn on the players, it's disgusting. I have been on the sidelines for years with them, watching their behavior. Nothing has changed, no matter the age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You act like this behavior from them isn't normal. We are talking Long Island, people. The most classless group of parents and coaches. Talented group of girls, I give them that. But they are overshadowed by the sideline behaviors of those who are supposed to be cheering them on. It's gross behavior any way you look at it. And God help the teams that DO beat them. When the LI parents turn on the players, it's disgusting. I have been on the sidelines for years with them, watching their behavior. Nothing has changed, no matter the age group.

I think you have grossly misstated by grouping "Long Island" teams together, please keep it specific to YJ. I have been on the sidelines for 10+ years now and yes, there are NJ, PA, CT, MA and MD parents and coaches who don't act so eloquently on the side line. What is consistent is the deplorable behavior from the YJ teams and sidelines. My daughters have played against many Long Island teams that are respectable, there for the competitiveness and exhibit good sportsmanship. Don't make this a Long Island vs. whoever post. It is one specific club that are the repeat offenders over and over again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boys,
Someone tell me these new alliances while may have helped certain years 2019 2020, could it also be the death of lacrosse at 2021 2022. What is next. Come on all of you outlier followers what is the next thing.

Girls,
I think you can lead the way, unless spallina gets a girls team and you can play on it. Girls don't follow the traps of the boys. I know YJ and TG and Liberty and Elevate have been around but go back to your HS coaches tell her/him, coach you coach a travel team, why not just concentrate on your town team in the summer. Invite in special guests from the town that have made an impact in NCAA's. Big back town pride not club pride.

Now for towns that don't have a strong program I understand the club scene, I also understand the Allstate lure, but these days it is all political anyway.

Why can't teams like. West Babylon you keep your TG Northport you keep your YJ. Smithtown do you really need YJ, West Islip do you really think you need a club. Manhasett, Garden City, ESM, Ward Meliville, east Islip, BBP, Bay Shore you have the biggest upside here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very true last week we played a team who admittedly got beat by a LI team doesn't make a difference the name. But we all know who. They had to keep asking if we were from LI, because although we were in the lead we cheered for the good lacrosse play (and winced at the bad IQ plays) regardless of team. They said we restored their faith that all LI teams and parents weren't all aholes .

Our response was not all but unfortunately some.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you have grossly misstated by grouping "Long Island" teams together, please keep it specific to YJ. I have been on the sidelines for 10+ years now and yes, there are NJ, PA, CT, MA and MD parents and coaches who don't act so eloquently on the side line. What is consistent is the deplorable behavior from the YJ teams and sidelines. My daughters have played against many Long Island teams that are respectable, there for the competitiveness and exhibit good sportsmanship. Don't make this a Long Island vs. whoever post. It is one specific club that are the repeat offenders over and over again.

So if your team is winning you should not get any calls? Interesting concept. To the parents of the teams getting beat by double digits, you were all perfectly behaved? Please be objective here. I think the bigger problem it that the whole tournament was laughable. The best teams did not show up. Top YJ teams were literally playing girls two full years younger. How do you expect that to go? Really? When the worst player on the team can score 10 goals with ease, what would you expect the score to look like? That was no National Championship, that's for sure. It was a joke. It was a scam to line someone's pocket.

But if you really want to know what the problem is, it's much bigger than that tournament. Because players are getting recruited in 8th grade now, every girl on the field want to be committed. 6th graders are already thinks about it. Couple that with the fact that refs forgot that a charge is illegal so girls just, literally, put their heads down and run to the cage expecting to get hit and receive a free possession shot, and you have a recipe for disaster. Girls lacrosse, from travel to varsity, has become one of the least enjoyable sports to watch. There is no team work. There is no more ball movement and finesse. There is no more sportsmanship.

Blame the YJ or M&D or Skywalkers or Steps or Top Guns or whoever you want. But they're just a product of a broken system. And they're all guilty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boys,
Someone tell me these new alliances while may have helped certain years 2019 2020, could it also be the death of lacrosse at 2021 2022. What is next. Come on all of you outlier followers what is the next thing.

Girls,
I think you can lead the way, unless spallina gets a girls team and you can play on it. Girls don't follow the traps of the boys. I know YJ and TG and Liberty and Elevate have been around but go back to your HS coaches tell her/him, coach you coach a travel team, why not just concentrate on your town team in the summer. Invite in special guests from the town that have made an impact in NCAA's. Big back town pride not club pride.

Now for towns that don't have a strong program I understand the club scene, I also understand the Allstate lure, but these days it is all political anyway.

Why can't teams like. West Babylon you keep your TG Northport you keep your YJ. Smithtown do you really need YJ, West Islip do you really think you need a club. Manhasett, Garden City, ESM, Ward Meliville, east Islip, BBP, Bay Shore you have the biggest upside here.

What are you babbling about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boys,

Girls,

You totes cray-cray

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How as the Hofstra tournament this weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boys,

Girls,

You totes cray-cray

crazy like a fox, I get it. But you need to be careful what you wish for as some take advantage of it but in principle it is a good concept

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there anyone sadder in life than the grown men who count the number of helmets of all the competing clubs at a youth lacrosse tryout, then proceed directly to BOTC to report that there is a mass exodus from a given club. He will then promptly give you his all important insight into his top 5 rankings for next summer. Loser

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there anyone sadder in life than the grown men who count the number of helmets of all the competing clubs at a youth lacrosse tryout, then proceed directly to BOTC to report that there is a mass exodus from a given club. He will then promptly give you his all important insight into his top 5 rankings for next summer. Loser

YES - the sad little person who comments about the grown men counting helmets - me, I count BOTC posts about people that count helmets - pretty sad as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES - the sad little person who comments about the grown men counting helmets - me, I count BOTC posts about people that count helmets - pretty sad as well

Did i strike a nerve?
Are you the helmet counter?

Let me guess, you probably never played (we know because you tell everyone how you blew out a knee in junior high or lacrosse wasn't big where you grew up) but:
- You are still the guy on the sidelines that cradles an empty stick
- You are always all decked out in team gear
- You continually say how good "we" are as a team
- You feverishly walk the length of the sideline yelling to get the ball to your son (cause let's face it, like you, he is the second coming of Christ).

And since you are so great, and nobody can hold a candle to you in terms of lacrosse IQ, you voluntarily stay away from all the other parents at each tournament. All the while, we laugh at how ridiculous you are and take notice of how your wife won't even stand with you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I must say I enjoyed that breakdown of the helmet counter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did i strike a nerve?

Let me guess, you probably never played (we know because you tell everyone how you blew out a knee in junior high or lacrosse wasn't big where you grew up) but:
- You feverishly walk the length of the sideline yelling to get the ball to your son (cause let's face it, like you, he is the second coming of Christ).

And since you are so great, and nobody can hold a candle to you in terms of lacrosse IQ, you voluntarily stay away from all the other parents at each tournament. All the while, we laugh at how ridiculous you are and take notice of how your wife won't even stand with you.

That's perfect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is perfect... especially "move the ball" when his/her kid doesn't have the ball. then as soon as he gets it thrown to him...." Take it!!!!" or "get out of his way !" " get it to X" (if johnny is attack of course.) a big bag of wind who just yells cliché's . clueless....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wait a minute..you described that one father on every travel program...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did i strike a nerve?

^^^This guys wins the internet today^^^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's the same guy. He puts his son on a different team each season because he is too good for that team from last year and they didn't use him the right way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolute walk off.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did i strike a nerve?

great post - I was the second post, calling out the first poster for calling out the helmet counter....I actually thought my reply was funny, But in reality I could give 2 shoots about any of this, I am just bored because my kids are too for travel so I no longer care. Having said that it is funny how you are almost 100% wrong about each assumption you made about me based on my post

- I played lacrosse up to College
- I have never held a stick on the sideline even when coaching
- I do not own any team gear for my kids HS team or any of the 3 colleges my kids have or are playing at. If I did, I would not wear it to the game.
- I do occasionally say how good "we" are as a team but try correct myself as soon as I realize what a tool that makes me look like
- I sit as far away from other parents as possible so I can not hear them during the game.

I do voluntarily stay away from all the other parents at each tournament not because I am superior but because because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual

- my wife sits with her friends

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There always seems to be that GROUP of parents who gather together in a huddle during practices and games around mid-season and start the lethal injection talk of how the team or coach is horrible and we should all make a deal with the next club as a group , and teach this club a lesson! just the same circumstance where ever they go , never happy , and will always be on the run with a bad name following them where ever they go. Meanwhile the current team goes on without a glitch and the ones who kept their mouths shut because they do not have a complex issue themselves go on another year very happy ..... just way to priceless.. I am sure many who read this knows this group of Cancer who comes and goes from team to team.

It's the same guy. He puts his son on a different team each season because he is too good for that team from last year and they didn't use him the right way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But there is always one D-Bag parent who the rookie parents who don't know all the facts flock to to hear them hold court on the state of everything, travel program, school team, booster club, college commits etc while the rest of us just roll our eyes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
shouldn't this be on the Chaminade site?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i like sitting away from groups of parents so i dont have to listen to the BS .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to hear a shlock like this is present on every team and usually just for a year or two before they move on. Seen it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard