BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 42 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is there a reason TG black is playing in B division at the US lacrosse Nationals? YJ blue is in A? They have been playing down lately

Is this a real question? They can only win in the B division. They played really weak competition this summer and as you can see avoided YJ and some of the better MD teams. It's so sad the lengths these LI clubs go to avoid playing each other.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a reason TG black is playing in B division at the US lacrosse Nationals? YJ blue is in A? They have been playing down lately

Wrong thread the 2019 black team is there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a real question. I just realized they won a few tournaments because they played down. That's all.
Your right YJ will never go to Hofstra. IT will be interesting to see them play Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was indy? Was it hot and steamy with zero competition or was it worth the trip

Games just started - first scores should be getting posted soon. It will be interesting to see if YJ Jones gets past Integrity in the pool play.

If YJ Gold is Jones, then no. They got smacked pretty god by Integrity. Integrity is pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this a real question? They can only win in the B division. They played really weak competition this summer and as you can see avoided YJ and some of the better MD teams. It's so sad the lengths these LI clubs go to avoid playing each other.

2020 is u14 playing in u15 b division

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG only has 2 teams there playing in U15 division. You want to talk about a weak bracket? Take a look at the patsies the 2019 blue team is playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's pretty obvious that CR has more pull than BS at tournaments and yet she never sets the schedule to have us play them. We were at 3 tournaments this season with TG and I believe only twice we had to play them. 2018 Rose killed their purple in the finals and TG 2019 beat Carro at the first tournament. I would rather play them then continue to kill the likes of fl$ at every tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG only has 2 teams there playing in U15 division. You want to talk about a weak bracket? Take a look at the patsies the 2019 blue team is playing.

Well they're all playing each other tomorrow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well they're all playing each other tomorrow

Anyone wanna meet at JFK and catch a quick flight out to see it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe people burn a week of summer vacation to fly to play one of the weakest fields of the summer. What am I missing??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG,especially black has played down in past few tourneys.
Hopefully one day Soon,!all these teams should play one another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, the parents get to brag that their daughter went out to Indiana and played in a tournament. Unfortunately, the parents and the grandparents are the only ones that will care..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Patsies is an understatement - beat the teams that ended up seeded 12, 16 and 17 (out of 17) by a combined score of 69-2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Patsies is an understatement - beat the teams that ended up seeded 12, 16 and 17 (out of 17) by a combined score of 69-2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe people burn a week of summer vacation to fly to play one of the weakest fields of the summer. What am I missing??
every weekend is the biggest and best national championship college showcase of the summer lol its all marketing. Tournaments market with fancy accronyms and tee shirts. Clubs pick and choose which tournaments they publicly brag about being champions of. It's all about the cash. Maryland isn't there and the rest of the field is weak at best. If you don't think it's about marketing and clubs best interest then why don't all the LI teams play each other? It's because the risk is too great to their clubs future marketing efforts. Cash is king

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you are missing the tournament for one. I would say there is nothing wrong with more Lax and more time spent with your daughter. This all goes by too quickly. I am not sure where this event will be next year, but maybe you can ask your club director to look into it. Maybe that would improve the field depending on the club you are with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you are missing the tournament for one. I would say there is nothing wrong with more Lax and more time spent with your daughter. This all goes by too quickly. I am not sure where this event will be next year, but maybe you can ask your club director to look into it. Maybe that would improve the field depending on the club you are with.

The standard "spend more time with your daughter response!" I feel sorry for you if you can only spend time with her while she plays lacrosse. Truthfully, this tournament will only be successful if it gets moved back to the east coast. It is way too expensive to play in the middle of no where.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, play on the "time with daughter" heart-strings...how bout vacation after a lonnnngggg summer season of travel lax? wouldn't that qualify as quality daughter time?..or is that one last tournament in Larry Birds stomping ground bringing the family closer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, play on the "time with daughter" heart-strings...how bout vacation after a lonnnngggg summer season of travel lax? wouldn't that qualify as quality daughter time?..or is that one last tournament in Larry Birds stomping ground bringing the family closer?

Yeah, 4 days on the beach or in the mtns with your kid(s) certainly isn't as high quality as your kid hanging out with teammates and playing lax then staying at a Hampton in in some God forsaken place. No one goes from the Northeast to Indiana for quality time unless you are going to that hayseed race.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another loss for the Bees - 2020 Gold eliminated in the quarters by a 2021 team from Colorado 10-9. That team plays 2020 Blue tomorrow morning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 180 2021 (Colorado) 10
Yellow Jackets Gold 2020 9

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any reason why L ...Blue or Teal teams not at the US lacrosse nationals?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any reason why L ...Blue or Teal teams not at the US lacrosse nationals?

It's a waste of money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow with all this talk of a weak field in Indiana I was expecting the Yellow Jackets teams to be the last two 2020s standing. But it turns out that the actual Final Four is one YJ team + MD + CO + FL. The 2-loss YeLLow Jackets team is playing for fifth place in the consolation bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow with all this talk of a weak field in Indiana I was expecting the Yellow Jackets teams to be the last two 2020s standing. But it turns out that the actual Final Four is one YJ team + MD + CO + FL. The 2-loss YeLLow Jackets team is playing for fifth place in the consolation bracket.

Jones team is a shell of their former self, that is why they have played in weak brackets all summer. God forbid this team had to face Curcio! A number of jones girls looking for new teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jones team is a shell of their former self, that is why they have played in weak brackets all summer. God forbid this team had to face Curcio! A number of jones girls looking for new teams.

This is the new norm for YJ B teams. People are starting to wake up and find other options. Way too many politics, friends and family and connected kids on top teams that are really not that good. Better players are being passed over and are fed up. Trust me there are other options!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 180 2021 (Colorado) 10
Yellow Jackets Gold 2020 9

Did they really lose to a 2021 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Integrity team is looking strong, but I think they have several 2021's on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jones will be fine. They have plenty of families that have been carrying CR's water for years paying for camps privates etc. She wishes every team was like this. Parents that support her. Pay for everything and have a coach that some parents control. Question is will they keep traveling around the country to play in low level brackets?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The Integrity team is looking strong, but I think they have several 2021's on the team.

Why does everyone (already hiding behind the "anonymous" name) use initials for people that are clearly being discussed? It makes no legal sense--- it's not like you aren't libel legally just because you poorly obscure the person being discussed. Its like little kids thinking they are using code words so they won't get in trouble. DK, SL, CR, some serious NSA stuff here...

Or, does the forum require users to poorly veil things? It reminds me of when Evander Holyfield got HGH delivered to his house but it was addressed to some other guy at that address named Evan Holy.... that pump isn't mine baby.

This said, it is gross when people do this with players (KIDS!). They don't say names but they are gross enough to discuss the player in such clear terms that there is NO WAY anyone involved isn't clear who they are talking about.

For the adults involved in the BUSINESSES of travel teams, they should be open game to some degree...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jones will be fine. They have plenty of families that have been carrying CR's water for years paying for camps privates etc. She wishes every team was like this. Parents that support her. Pay for everything and have a coach that some parents control. Question is will they keep traveling around the country to play in low level brackets?

The simple truth is that the B teams are not what they used to be. Look at the college commits. The schools that B team players are "comitting" to, can be done without YJ. Many without travel.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

The simple truth is that the B teams are not what they used to be. Look at the college commits. The schools that B team players are "comitting" to, can be done without YJ. Many without travel.

To this end I really hope my daughter's next team does mostly local stuff. Her team was slated to play this crp in Indy and thankfully enough parents balked when they saw it on the schedule... so the team had to pull the plug. there's really no need for teams in the Northeast to travel, and certainly no need at the B level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by strongARM

Why does everyone (already hiding behind the "anonymous" name) use initials for people that are clearly being discussed? It makes no legal sense--- it's not like you aren't libel legally just because you poorly obscure the person being discussed. Its like little kids thinking they are using code words so they won't get in trouble. DK, SL, CR, some serious NSA stuff here...

Or, does the forum require users to poorly veil things? It reminds me of when Evander Holyfield got HGH delivered to his house but it was addressed to some other guy at that address named Evan Holy.... that pump isn't mine baby.

This said, it is gross when people do this with players (KIDS!). They don't say names but they are gross enough to discuss the player in such clear terms that there is NO WAY anyone involved isn't clear who they are talking about.

For the adults involved in the BUSINESSES of travel teams, they should be open game to some degree...

I don't think anybody is trying to avoid a lawsuit - it's just shorthand, same as YJ or TG.

And "strongARM" is just as anonymous as anyone else - not like you're signing your name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can't believe you come on this site to tell other people how to spend their money and time how very pompous of you . If you hate spending time with your kids and your kid hates playing lax and goofing around w her teamates then absolutely a big waste of time .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like they got smoked by YJ Blue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like they got smoked by YJ Blue.

Reluctantly agree. They had a good run though. Although they did have several 21's on the team, a 10 goal loss is not what was hoped for.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by strongARM

I don't think anybody is trying to avoid a lawsuit - it's just shorthand, same as YJ or TG.

And "strongARM" is just as anonymous as anyone else - not like you're signing your name.

RE anon- I'll give you that-- perhaps I didn't mean "hide" so much as obscure... meaning unless you make your forum name your real name- it isn't like your kid's coach or your kid's team/teammates know who's doing the talking anyway. Anyway....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can't believe you come on this site to tell other people how to spend their money and time how very pompous of you . If you hate spending time with your kids and your kid hates playing lax and goofing around w her teamates then absolutely a big waste of time .

I'd agree with you on this sentiment if it was somewhere other than the suburbs of Indy. Seriously, that place has got to be in the 400's on the 500 best places for summer vacations list. There's no need to go so far for such a small event. I guess you could argue that if there are colleges watching there isn't too much to watch all at once so you can get some eyes on your kid... but heading from the east coast to Indiana in summer? blech

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG lost to YJ (by a lot) at the US lacrosse nationals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered