BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
Re: Girls 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's easy to see that CR has far reaching clout wherever she goes. 2019 blue team might have the easiest schedule ever given in this tournament. 3 teams that will not win a game. Next games opponent has lost 3 games by a combined score of 47-8. Tournament is a total joke.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell your friend to skip Liberty. Team is coached by 2 Mommy coaches and Danielle comes over for the games. Plus one player is her niece who seems to get preferential treatment on every team , camp and recruiting. Also, majority of the team is from manhasset. So if this is what your friend I looking for then go for it. Many better options elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's easy to see that CR has far reaching clout wherever she goes. 2019 blue team might have the easiest schedule ever given in this tournament. 3 teams that will not win a game. Next games opponent has lost 3 games by a combined score of 47-8. Tournament is a total joke.

All while the MD girls are relaxing and enjoying at least part of their summer. I hear Indiana is beautiful this time of year though. But it will look good on the YJ website if they win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All while the MD girls are relaxing and enjoying at least part of their summer. I hear Indiana is beautiful this time of year though. But it will look good on the YJ website if they win.

Plus, MD girls can't go. This is a true age based tourney (U15), not grad year based. Those MD teams would be a mess with all of the roster adjustments they'd have to make to qualify under these age rules. You'd have 2020's and 2021's playing in the U15 bracket. They don't want that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plus, MD girls can't go. This is a true age based tourney (U15), not grad year based. Those MD teams would be a mess with all of the roster adjustments they'd have to make to qualify under these age rules. You'd have 2020's and 2021's playing in the U15 bracket. They don't want that.

Of course this is the response. Even though it is not based in truth at all. Girls don't holdback like boys. And the tournament has a 9/1 cutoff date which is the same as MD schools. The simple fact is that the US Nationals are a complete waste of money. [lacrosse] poor competition with very little college coach exposure. The MD clubs don't find the need to force parents to pay the money and take the extra time out of summer to go to Indiana to play a bunch of B/C teams. We spend all spring/summer playing top competition.

Age has nothing to do with it. You keep buying what CR is selling. That's why your clubs cost over $3000 and ours cost less than $2000

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go where you think is best for your daughter but at least have accurate information. The 2019 team is not coached by mommy parents. It's coached by MC who I believe is DG's director. Of course DG comes to the games, the team is in the middle of it's recruiting years and every college coach on the sideline knows her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On the contrary, there were many coaches there today. I wasn't really expecting any. And yes I saw cr and her coaches talking to the refs. Actually comical how far her pockets reach

Of course this is the response. Even though it is not based in truth at all. Girls don't holdback like boys. And the tournament has a 9/1 cutoff date which is the same as MD schools. The simple fact is that the US Nationals are a complete waste of money. [lacrosse] poor competition with very little college coach exposure. The MD clubs don't find the need to force parents to pay the money and take the extra time out of summer to go to Indiana to play a bunch of B/C teams. We spend all spring/summer playing top competition.

Age has nothing to do with it. You keep buying what CR is selling. That's why your clubs cost over $3000 and ours cost less than $2000

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ out scored their opponents 69-2 in 3 games. They should be so proud. You can update the website with the headline of "Threepeat". Maybe even a ticker tape parade down main st in Northport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way 2nd

Why not? they have beaten tg many times and I'm sure that they can play with yj carro, who does that leave on LI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yawn, typical MD response. Oh yea, the boys holdback but the girls don't? "The boys holdback but the girls don't"; "The boys holdback but the girls don't"; "The boys holdback but the girls don't". Boy, they beat that response into your heads down there. What's good for one is always good for the other in any organization. The world has been like that forever, except in Maryland girls lacrosse of course. They break the mold. OK.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yawn, typical MD response. Oh yea, the boys holdback but the girls don't? "The boys holdback but the girls don't"; "The boys holdback but the girls don't"; "The boys holdback but the girls don't". Boy, they beat that response into your heads down there. What's good for one is always good for the other in any organization. The world has been like that forever, except in Maryland girls lacrosse of course. They break the mold. OK.

There's one thing we don't have here in MD that there is a lot of in NY, and that is clubs that have a boys and girls team. I can think of only one...M&D for girls and Zingos for the boys. So, for the 1,000,000,000th time...girls do not hold back here in MD like they do in NY or on boy's teams. But, continue to drink the CR kool-aid of misinformation. It's one of her favorite ways to explain a loss to a MD team. She has two more losses to explain from today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is funny. LI thinks the only reason they get beat up on by MD teams is hold backs? Sooooo pathetic. Wah wah. My girl is the best on the island but gets stuffed every time in MD. That's ok because they are older. Loser!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is funny. LI thinks the only reason they get beat up on by MD teams is hold backs? Sooooo pathetic. Wah wah. My girl is the best on the island but gets stuffed every time in MD. That's ok because they are older. Loser!

Only YJ parents say that. Please don't lump the rest of LI in with them. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Point taken. Thanks for the clarification and it makes sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid does not enjoy playing lax and hanging out w her teamates then why do you force her to play at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just Curious then please explain all the hold acks on your MD and DC under armour teams . Are they from somewhere else ? Also which YJ team is it that needs to make excuses after losing to MD teams so much ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be missing something. Out of the MD and DC Under Armour teams, only one player with a mid August birthday, that could marginally be classified as a holdback? The rest are all Sept 2000 or later birthdays? Frankly if any of my daughters had a mid to late August birthday I'd consider placing them in a grade where they would be one of the oldest, not the youngest. So where are all these hold backs everyone keeps talking about? BTW, no dog in the fight. Not from LI or MD/DC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be missing something. Out of the MD and DC Under Armour teams, only one player with a mid August birthday, that could marginally be classified as a holdback? The rest are all Sept 2000 or later birthdays? Frankly if any of my daughters had a mid to late August birthday I'd consider placing them in a grade where they would be one of the oldest, not the youngest. So where are all these hold backs everyone keeps talking about? BTW, no dog in the fight. Not from LI or MD/DC.

We're all missing something here, except for the LI people who have a misconception (fed to them by their club directors) that MD girls are held back a year so they can beat up on LI club teams. First of all, no one can actually find anyone who has been held back, except for the LI YJ lemmings who insist it happens all the time. Second, if it did happen, then doing it so your club team could have a better chance of beating a LI club team is ridiculous. What a stupid reason. Third, these lemmings on YJ will believe any excuse that CR tells them. Even if evidence shows it doesn't happen, if CR tells them it happens (usually right after a loss to a MD team) then they believe it. By the way, this is mostly a YJ issue. They are the most vocal when they get beaten.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just Curious then please explain all the hold acks on your MD and DC under armour teams . Are they from somewhere else ? Also which YJ team is it that needs to make excuses after losing to MD teams so much ?
Come on, I am a L.I. parent and the Y.J. do make excuses, just look back in any age group or your own thread. In late June it was that you had players in the N.Y. state tournament, then the holdback excuse. But lets be totally honest about the Md. people also, though I do not believe that the girls are being held back at any great rate, they are being drawn from an entire state, as opposed to L.I. and its 2 counties. Now I know that the M.D. parents will say the pull from only a a few mid Md. counties, but those counties include 2 major cities, Baltimore and Washington D.C. so the pool of players is much greater in M.D. the here on the island. T make it really equal we would need to pull from westchester and rockland to get the same number of perspective players. Before any Md. parents start claiming that we get players from NYC, we don't, lax is very small in the city unlike in Baltimore or Washington, as far as I know there are no city players on any L.I. team and no NYC clubs at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid does not enjoy playing lax and hanging out w her teamates then why do you force her to play at all.

I don't force her to play. She loves lacrosse. She plays 10 months a year for club and school with this month off and a month off in December. Certainly think it's healthy to take a break now and then and you know...be a kid. And she's at the beach with two of her teammates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on, I am a L.I. parent and the Y.J. do make excuses, just look back in any age group or your own thread. In late June it was that you had players in the N.Y. state tournament, then the holdback excuse. But lets be totally honest about the Md. people also, though I do not believe that the girls are being held back at any great rate, they are being drawn from an entire state, as opposed to L.I. and its 2 counties. Now I know that the M.D. parents will say the pull from only a a few mid Md. counties, but those counties include 2 major cities, Baltimore and Washington D.C. so the pool of players is much greater in M.D. the here on the island. T make it really equal we would need to pull from westchester and rockland to get the same number of perspective players. Before any Md. parents start claiming that we get players from NYC, we don't, lax is very small in the city unlike in Baltimore or Washington, as far as I know there are no city players on any L.I. team and no NYC clubs at all.

If you think there are a lot of lacrosse player in Baltimore City or Washington DC I don't know what to tell you. You've obviously not spent much time there if you feel that way.

It is true that probably 95% of the girls on M&D, Skywalkers and Heros are from Baltimore, Howard, Montgomery and Carroll counties. The combined population of those counties is far smaller than the population that the LI clubs draw from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious where you are coming up with the idea that there are a ton of holdbacks on the MD and DC teams. You do know that the school cutoff in MD is 9/1?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD parent here. I agree with a little, but I will do my best to dispel a misconception you guys may have. For the most part, there are no girls from Baltimore or Washington DC who play any significant lacrosse. True, there are quite a few private schools in Baltimore County (outside the city), but all those girls on all those teams are from the surrounding counties (Howard, Anne Arundel, etc...). They are not from Baltimore proper. Same for Washington DC. A few private schools that play some decent lacrosse, but none of the girls who play are from DC. There are only a few good teams in Northern Virginia that even play lax. My guess is that there are more girls in the LI counties who play lax than there are in the MD counties that play. You guys have a larger pool of quality players to choose from. Just my two cents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD parent here. I agree with a little, but I will do my best to dispel a misconception you guys may have. For the most part, there are no girls from Baltimore or Washington DC who play any significant lacrosse. True, there are quite a few private schools in Baltimore County (outside the city), but all those girls on all those teams are from the surrounding counties (Howard, Anne Arundel, etc...). They are not from Baltimore proper. Same for Washington DC. A few private schools that play some decent lacrosse, but none of the girls who play are from DC. There are only a few good teams in Northern Virginia that even play lax. My guess is that there are more girls in the LI counties who play lax than there are in the MD counties that play. You guys have a larger pool of quality players to choose from. Just my two cents.

Agree w all of this. That is why if you have a daughter who is two or three years old, the argument won't be whether LI is better than Maryland etc, but instead it will be a discussion of longing for the old glory days when California, Florida, Texas etc were just pimples on the collective girl's lax map. It is quaint these LI/MD lax discussions, but is missing the bigger sea change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Gold beat TG Purple in the round of 16, 9-6. Looks like YJ Blue and TG Black will be meeting in the Semi's tomorrow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Gold beat TG Purple in the round of 16, 9-6. Looks like YJ Blue and TG Black will be meeting in the Semi's tomorrow.

The TG purple team is mostly 2020 black players with 19 purple and a 2021 goalie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did Liberty end up at the U15s?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just did some quick math
Nassau & Suffolk Counties combined is 2.8 million total pop.

The 4 Md. counties (Carroll, Montgomery, Baltimore, Howard) 2.3 million

I find it hard to believe that the Md. clubs are not pulling from Anne Arundel (Annapolis), Harford (bel Air) or Queen Anns (centerville) if added in Md pulling from 3.16 million

Pretty close in numbers though. But remember , just by geographical location L.I. does not pull from any other source because the city pretty much isolates it from every other place on earth, ( if you ever tried to get through it you know what I mean), where kids from the Northern Virginia and other Md. counties could make the drive, and I am sure they do

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just did some quick math

I find it hard to believe that the Md. clubs are not pulling from Anne Arundel (Annapolis), Harford (bel Air) or Queen Anns (centerville) if added in Md pulling from 3.16 million

Pretty close in numbers though. But remember , just by geographical location L.I. does not pull from any other source because the city pretty much isolates it from every other place on earth, ( if you ever tried to get through it you know what I mean), where kids from the Northern Virginia and other Md. counties could make the drive, and I am sure they do

At worst, the populations are pretty close. Point is, that with populations that close in size, MD is able to field 3 or 4 top teams at each grade, while LI seems to have one "Elite" team on the island. If the girls in MD all gravitated to one club as they do on LI, that would be quite a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just did some quick math

Very interesting. Here's some more info about the MD counties...most of the players come from Anne Arundel and Howard. Then, the rest...Carroll, Harford...step down to (maybe) Montgomery, Quenn Annes...way down to Baltimore. There just isn't much decent lax played, across the board, in counties other than Anne Arundel and Howard. All you have to do is look at the last 3A/4A public school state champions for the last 10-15 years. I use public schools as my measuring stick because they have to take the kids that are in the district. Tne privates down here can draw from any where...MD, DC and even a few from Northern Virginia. My guess is that the club with the most "reach" is M&D (Maryland & DC). TLC gets a lot of kids from north of Baltimore. CC Lax, Integrity, Md United draw almost exclusively from Anne Arundel. SkyWalkers and Heroes draw mostly from Montgomery and Howard. Capital draws from all of Northern Virginia. There is very little migration to far away club teams down here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty undefeated after 2 days of play, 2ns seed.
Beat YJ MITCHEL/gold today to advance to semi game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just did some quick math

Very interesting. Here's some more info about the MD counties...most of the players come from Anne Arundel and Howard. Then, the rest...Carroll, Harford...step down to (maybe) Montgomery, Quenn Annes...way down to Baltimore. There just isn't much decent lax played, across the board, in counties other than Anne Arundel and Howard. All you have to do is look at the last 3A/4A public school state champions for the last 10-15 years. I use public schools as my measuring stick because they have to take the kids that are in the district. Tne privates down here can draw from any where...MD, DC and even a few from Northern Virginia. My guess is that the club with the most "reach" is M&D (Maryland & DC). TLC gets a lot of kids from north of Baltimore. CC Lax, Integrity, Md United draw almost exclusively from Anne Arundel. SkyWalkers and Heroes draw mostly from Montgomery and Howard. Capital draws from all of Northern Virginia. There is very little migration to far away club teams down here.

You're an idiot. Most of the top Baltimore County girls go to private schools. Just because Baltimore County publics don't dominate public school lacrosse means nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just did some quick math

You're an idiot. Most of the top Baltimore County girls go to private schools. Just because Baltimore County publics don't dominate public school lacrosse means nothing.

Yep, I agree. Plus, private schools make it easier. Repeat kindergarten, then repeat 4th and that's how you get a 5'7" girl playing with the 2022s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U15 finals YJ versus Liberty. YJ beat TG and Liberty beat Integrity to advance to finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just did some quick math

Yep, I agree. Plus, private schools make it easier. Repeat kindergarten, then repeat 4th and that's how you get a 5'7" girl playing with the 2022s.

You're an idiot too. Girls don't repeat grades. And girls schools don't have prefirst. Keep coming up with excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U15 finals YJ versus Liberty. YJ beat TG and Liberty beat Integrity to advance to finals.

Awesome you guys traveled all the way to Indiana for that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. And you believe that there are city players from Washington, DC? I guess you've never been to the city.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just did some quick math

You really are not from the MD or VA area are you? Make the drive from Northern Virginia for practices in the Baltimore suburbs in the early evening? Or you talk about Queen Anne's county on the Eastern Shore as if that's just a trip around the beltway and "not really isolated". Well, maybe except for that thing in between called the Chesapeake Bay. I once heard about a handful of M&D 2014 or 2015 black players who made the trek from Salisbury, MD. That's not easy but, there are not many that want to do it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just did some quick math

Okay - that's where all the hold backs are.
LI'ers - please do not group all of Maryland as the hold back state - it is mostly Baltimore County since that is where the private schools are. In the AA and HoCo counties - the schools have a very firm age cut-off. And I'm assuming that Montgomery and Carroll do to. Baltimore County is probably a moot point since all the girls attend private schools and Hereford and Dulany were just mirages...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just did some quick math

Okay - that's where all the hold backs are.
LI'ers - please do not group all of Maryland as the hold back state - it is mostly Baltimore County since that is where the private schools are. In the AA and HoCo counties - the schools have a very firm age cut-off. And I'm assuming that Montgomery and Carroll do to. Baltimore County is probably a moot point since all the girls attend private schools and Hereford and Dulany were just mirages...

Ugh. For the millionth time, girls don't holdback like boys do. Private girls schools have the same age requirements as the public schools. It is very, very rare for a girl to be older. Whether they are in private or public school doesn't matter.

Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard