BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 26 of 220 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the girls were told BY Monday, which is why we are checking every day!I hope I make it!Wish they would send it soon!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All of the girls were told BY Monday, which is why we are checking every day!I hope I make it!Wish they would send it soon!

I guess some were told BY Monday, and some were told ON Monday. Hopefully, it's sooner, so everyone can move on, one way or another. Good luck to you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that some parents can have a good insight working with kids, of course there are a lot of really bad parents out there too. I can tolerate the idea of a parent coaching within the same club his/her child plays on, just not the same team she plays on. Parents wether highly qualified or not, donate much time at the lower levels in many sports where they are sorely needed as it is volunteer work. This is club ball, paid position and the politics of daughter and friends benefiting should be avoided at all costs. So far TG's have avoided this situation, I think on purpose. This rips teams apart at the seams, go back on this and all the other threads and you will see exactly that.
This is a crazy statement. Steve Levy is a parent coach, and coaches his daughters team. There is more than 1 girl on that team that benefits from a relationship with his daughter.

"Daddy Coach" and "Mommy Coach" syndrome should be avoided at all costs no matter how good everyone thinks he or she is, whether it be club or high school. It eliminates even the hint of impropriety. For every one where it works, there are many, many that absolutely do not and I have seen it first hand in my kids' school and club teams. Every time I get into a conversation with a parent from another community, they complain about the same thing. There are not too many exceptions that I have heard where it works fairly. Number 1 for these parent coaches is their kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We were told ON Monday not BY in our group. Hope you make it too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you, my friends and I are hoping we hear before the long weekend, the waiting is so hard! Maybe they did say on Monday and I was just so nervous that I heard wrong.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you, my friends and I are hoping we hear before the long weekend, the waiting is so hard! Maybe they did say on Monday and I was just so nervous that I heard wrong.

Hoping you're right. One of the dad's thinks they'll send it out Friday, because they won't want to work on it over the weekend. Keeping our fingers crossed. I know what you mean about not wanting to wait over the long weekend...good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that some parents can have a good insight working with kids, of course there are a lot of really bad parents out there too. I can tolerate the idea of a parent coaching within the same club his/her child plays on, just not the same team she plays on. Parents wether highly qualified or not, donate much time at the lower levels in many sports where they are sorely needed as it is volunteer work. This is club ball, paid position and the politics of daughter and friends benefiting should be avoided at all costs. So far TG's have avoided this situation, I think on purpose. This rips teams apart at the seams, go back on this and all the other threads and you will see exactly that.
This is a crazy statement. Steve Levy is a parent coach, and coaches his daughters team. There is

more than 1 girl on that team that benefits from a relationship with his daughter.

"Daddy Coach" and "Mommy Coach" syndrome should be avoided at all costs no matter how good everyone thinks he or she is, whether it be club or high school. It eliminates even the hint of impropriety. For every one where it works, there are many, many that absolutely do not and I have seen it first hand in my kids' school and club teams. Every time I get into a conversation with a parent from another community, they complain about the same thing. There are not too many exceptions that I have heard where it works fairly. Number 1 for these parent coaches is their kid.

This is your exception then. My kid is on his team and not only is he a great coach but a great guy as well. He NEVER puts his kid first in fact at times puts her last. These type of opinions really should be given publicly only if there is first hand experience. Are you saying Duke should not have allowed Matt Danowski to play under his Dad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your a parent you need to get a grip. You won't be making anything you daughter wii!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your a parent you need to get a grip. You won't be making anything you daughter wii!

"I hope "I" make it" should be clear this is a girl who tried out. Good luck to her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a crazy statement. Steve Levy is a parent coach, and coaches his daughters team. There is

more than 1 girl on that team that benefits from a relationship with his daughter.

This is your exception then. My kid is on his team and not only is he a great coach but a great guy as well. He NEVER puts his kid first in fact at times puts her last. These type of opinions really should be given publicly only if there is first hand experience. Are you saying Duke should not have allowed Matt Danowski to play under his Dad?

The ratio of where Parent Coaches work to where they don't work is a little to a lot as many people will attest. Note that I said club and high school. College - different story. College coaches wouldn't last like some of the "lifer" hs coaches do if they continued to do that. It is rampant on Long Island, especially where coaches' kids get pushed to the head of the class. Parents have no recourse. If it happened in college and was allowed, one could transfer. One is stuck in high school because of one's address. That shouldn't be a reason to pay tuition at a different private high school.
Matt Danowski was an established, unbelievably proven, talented player long before his father came to Duke. THAT situation is a true exception. I am talking about the Parent Coaches who put their kid first to get them to the college stage! I would imagine that many on this forum have stories to tell. I certainly do of the experience at our high school. It was sickening!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The ratio of where Parent Coaches work to where they don't work is a little to a lot as many people will attest. Note that I said club and high school. College - different story. College coaches wouldn't last like some of the "lifer" hs coaches do if they continued to do that. It is rampant on Long Island, especially where coaches' kids get pushed to the head of the class. Parents have no recourse. If it happened in college and was allowed, one could transfer. One is stuck in high school because of one's address. That shouldn't be a reason to pay tuition at a different private high school.
Matt Danowski was an established, unbelievably proven, talented player long before his father came to Duke. THAT situation is a true exception. I am talking about the Parent Coaches who put their kid first to get them to the college stage! I would imagine that many on this forum have stories to tell. I certainly do of the experience at our high school. It was sickening!

Our coach promoted his son so much without just cause and neglected/abused the other players while he did this for FOUR YEARS!
Thought it ended when his son graduated but now he neglects his players/job while he gets his daughter recruited and ingratiates himself to her coach. Has athletic director in his corner so parents left with no recourse like was previously said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All I am saying is that is not the case with Coach Levy on this particular TG team. Sorry for your HS experience. Which HS is it by the way?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man....shut up yellow jackoff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All I am saying is that is not the case with Coach Levy on this particular TG team. Sorry for your HS experience. Which HS is it by the way? [/quote]

South shore, girls' program superior to boys' because of difference in devotion of coaches. More than one fit this description, right? Would rather not name school but hope all coaches read this and think it's them. Of course, the coach in question would never think it is him being described.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just want to set the record straight. AS was PHENOMINAL as a coach this past summer with the 19 group. I'll admit. I was aprehensive first practice. In my mind I went in thinking girls team =girl coach. The girls respected and responded to his coaching style. The assistant was great too. Granted they had an extraordinarily talented bunch of players. But sometimes the good kids are harder to coach than the average kids. I just couldn't let that comment pass by with out someone adding their 2 cents worth about AS.
I'm sure majority families on team would agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man....shut up yellow jackoff.

Scary that when the blogs don't go your way you always turn to YJ. Look in the mirror and there lies the problem. This is not about them this time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just want to set the record straight. AS was PHENOMINAL as a coach this past summer with the 19 group. I'll admit. I was aprehensive first practice. In my mind I went in thinking girls team =girl coach. The girls respected and responded to his coaching style. The assistant was great too. Granted they had an extraordinarily talented bunch of players. But sometimes the good kids are harder to coach than the average kids. I just couldn't let that comment pass by with out someone adding their 2 cents worth about AS.

Anyone else tired of this group thinking they are the dream team of assembled talent.All the TG teams have great talent not just your bunch of super stars.Let's see what happens when your 2 best players get moved to 2020 ,You better watch that team now that they have your 2 superstars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets face it... and EVERYONE, no matter what you respond, knows this is the case... The ones who complain are the ones who have a kid on the teams that don't get playing time because they are not cutting it so they wawawa about the coach. Get a job or a hobbie and stop crying about great coaches with talented kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would LOVE my kids to be coached by Steve Levy whether he had 1 or 5 of his own kids on the team. He is an amazing coach and my kids would DEFINITELY become better, smarter, stronger players. When people complain like this, they exploit their own insecurities...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe that they will send out e-mails before any rosters are posted, notifing you if you have made it or not and are willing to accept the position,. Thats the way it has been done in the past.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right. Unfortunately the two or three complainers make the most noise. He is great with those kids and does not deserve the nasty comments that have been fabricated and posted about him. No worries cause I am sure he will continue his good work and the sad sacks will continue to post negative comments. Most come from the other side of the tracks anyway. Lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right. Unfortunately the two or three complainers make the most noise. He is great with those kids and does not deserve the nasty comments that have been fabricated and posted about him. No worries cause I am sure he will continue his good work and the sad sacks will continue to post negative comments. Most come from the other side of the tracks anyway. Lol.

Really? What tracks are those?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe that they will send out e-mails before any rosters are posted, notifing you if you have made it or not and are willing to accept the position,. Thats the way it has been done in the past.

They have to do it that way will not post rosters until checks are sent in.Not every kid will accept so that roster spot gets offered to next in line.I see people on here defending AS ,have people been complaining about his coaching?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they said they would let us know by email. keeping evrything crossed! I hope I start 8th grade as a Top Gun player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have to do it that way will not post rosters until checks are sent in.Not every kid will accept so that roster spot gets offered to next in line.I see people on here defending AS ,have people been complaining about his coaching?

so i guess if the emails go out Monday, and the checks are due 9/17, rosters probably won't get posted until late September...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they said they would let us know by email. keeping evrything crossed! I hope I start 8th grade as a Top Gun player.

Me Too Kiddo!! Good Luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would LOVE my kids to be coached by Steve Levy whether he had 1 or 5 of his own kids on the team. He is an amazing coach and my kids would DEFINITELY become better, smarter, stronger players. When people complain like this, they exploit their own insecurities...
you must be from EI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YIKES!! Mechanicsville?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They only send out email if you make it. If you don't you ont hear from them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's silly, do it like most clubs. Post the rosters on the website the day you say you will. Set a hard deadline for payment. Payment not recieved, offer spots to next in line. Simple

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's silly, do it like most clubs. Post the rosters on the website the day you say you will. Set a hard deadline for payment. Payment not recieved, offer spots to next in line. Simple

They cannot do it that way the select few have to first pick which team and age group they are going to play.Cannot put up rosters until they decide which team they are going to let play with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the problem with that. If they post a roster based soley on selection and not acceptance then kids trying out from other clubs get tagged. Example, your daughter plays for yj and tries out, and there were many kids from yj's doing this, let's say they make the purple team but don't want to play as they were hoping for a spot on the black team. Well now they are tagged and it will be uncomfortable for them to go back. This is respecting the players privacy and choice and should be the way all clubs operate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you. I thought AS did a great job with the team this year. I'm not sure why someone who was not even on the team would complain about his coaching?? We were very happy with his coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the problem with that. If they post a roster based soley on selection and not acceptance then kids trying out from other clubs get tagged. Example, your daughter plays for yj and tries out, and there were many kids from yj's doing this, let's say they make the purple team but don't want to play as they were hoping for a spot on the black team. Well now they are tagged and it will be uncomfortable for them to go back. This is respecting the players privacy and choice and should be the way all clubs operate.

Exactly, no players names should be posted without them accepting their spot on the team. That only seems right I would think.
Only 2 days away from finding out anyway. Is it true if you don't make a team you don't get a call or email? That seems wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year they didnt cash the deposit checks until November.
I actually called to confirm they received it, since it hadnt been cashed. BS said he was in no hurry to cash them. Sign of commitment to team.I asked several other families if their checks were cashed--some didnt know and 1 checked and said it wasnt cashed.
So whoever posted that they cant post rosters till check is cashed is dead wrong.

Like Reply Quote
L
laxdad2
Unregistered
laxdad2
Unregistered
L
People complain because they are JEALOUS that's why! If that hole who said enough about the 19 black team ever seen them play they would understand..
that little 19black played 18a all summer long and wooped some sass only lost 2 games by 1 pt each. not bad not bad at all
and the girl you are talking about who is a 20 girl who is the best on the team got leftor held back. shes older than my 19 daughter. that team is stacked with talent hoping that the new girls being picked up are equally talented. At the tryout thaere was a big drop off thu0gh in talent so we will see.
proof will be not only on roster but on the feld next summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, no players names should be posted without them accepting their spot on the team. That only seems right I would think.
Only 2 days away from finding out anyway. Is it true if you don't make a team you don't get a call or email? That seems wrong.

That would be wrong, to not email the players who don't get selected...everyone should get the courtesy of an email, letting them know, and thanking them for trying out. Also, maybe some of the players that don't make it will get called, if some players don't accept...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you. I thought AS did a great job with the team this year. I'm not sure why someone who was not even on the team would complain about his coaching?? We were very happy with his coaching.

I think he will become a descent girls lacrosse coach but at this point should be an assistant to s,omeone who has actual girls lacrosse experience.The other issue is the fact he does equal playing time in close games.This is travel lacrosse play to win. The team had a chance to be undefeated except AS felt pressure from parents to play the kidsvequal time, when you have 1 line clearly more dominant ,that line should play more in the competitive games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually called to confirm they received it, since it hadnt been cashed. BS said he was in no hurry to cash them. Sign of commitment to team.I asked several other families if their checks were cashed--some didnt know and 1 checked and said it wasnt cashed.
So whoever posted that they cant post rosters till check is cashed is dead wrong.

I think the kids and parent have the right to know who is on the roster before accepting the spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not even sure where to start,they will not know the final rosters until the checks are in the least received. It is really the only way to do it,Taking his slow deposit into his bank account as a sign of commitment to a team ,then why even have you send a check in so early?It's a business and is done to make money, all the clubs are about making money.

Like Reply Quote
Page 26 of 220 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard