BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28
Re: Boys 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not same rules - was 5/1 cutoff and many Maryland teams were too old to play - even when was 5/1 - crabs and hawks - for example. So Maryland teams won't be able to play with holdbacks and my teams will have fewer 8th graders eligible than this past year. If were 9/1 this past year teams would have looked very different in Denver. Seems like a fair approach.

The wsyl website still says 5/1.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where you are seeing 9/1 - rules page still says 5/1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not same rules - was 5/1 cutoff and many Maryland teams were too old to play - even when was 5/1 - crabs and hawks - for example. So Maryland teams won't be able to play with holdbacks and my teams will have fewer 8th graders eligible than this past year. If were 9/1 this past year teams would have looked very different in Denver. Seems like a fair approach.

Crabs, hawks, madlax, bethesda, rough riders, cannons, API , and every other club in md. All following MD rules and regulations

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's right - they are all grade based - so they won't be eligible as all have kids born before 9/1 - so either can't play or they leave those kids home and grab other kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland rules and regulations are GRADE Based Teams.......so all of them have "hold backs" - defined as kids born before 9/1.....so all maryland teams that are formed by Grade - most likely have kids that cannot play in WSYL. Long Island Teams will have 100% of the kids eligible.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland rules and regulations are GRADE Based Teams.......so all of them have "hold backs" - defined as kids born before 9/1.....so all maryland teams that are formed by Grade - most likely have kids that cannot play in WSYL. Long Island Teams will have 100% of the kids eligible.

Where did they announce the change from 5/1 to 9/1?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wsyl has been following the little league baseball World Series dates. If they continue to do so, the May 1 date will be in effect until 2018. This is the baseball statement.

"For players born on or before April 30, 2005: The new age determination date of August 31 will be effective starting with the 2018 Little League Baseball Season. For the 2016 and 2017 seasons, these players will use the April 30 age determination date "

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please rank the MD DC 2022 club teams objectively. Who has the most talent and/or best coaching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US Lacrosse does state the following for youth Lacrosse;

Born 9/1/2003 through 8/31/2004 for U12. This is the rule they should follow. If they did this then teams would not have to game the rules like Legacy did this year - have their 2020 team play in a tournament that was really meant for U13/2021.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US Lacrosse does state the following for youth Lacrosse;

Born 9/1/2003 through 8/31/2004 for U12. This is the rule they should follow. If they did this then teams would not have to game the rules like Legacy did this year - have their 2020 team play in a tournament that was really meant for U13/2021.

Get over it. The tournament was really meant for those born on or after 5/1/02. Just like next year it will be meant for those born on or after 5/1/03. No, my son was not on the winning team. Yes, my son was playing some kids more than a year older than him. So what? BTW the WSYL is not a US lacrosse event.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please rank the MD DC 2022 club teams objectively. Who has the most talent and/or best coaching

The HoCo final standings are probably the most definitive list of the top MD VA DC clubs.

1. Hawks
2. Team Ninety One MD
3. API Diamondbacks
4. Madlax - Capital
5. Crabs
6. FCA - Blue
7. Bethesda Blue
8. Rough Riders
9. Cannons
10. Storm
11. 3D Select

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks
Api
Everyone else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The HoCo final standings are probably the most definitive list of the top MD VA DC clubs.

1. Hawks
2. Team Ninety One MD
3. API Diamondbacks
4. Madlax - Capital
5. Crabs
6. FCA - Blue
7. Bethesda Blue
8. Rough Riders
9. Cannons
10. Storm
11. 3D Select

Agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs were not very good, would take Rough riders over them and FCA. Just saw a pic of a Crab select 2023 team wining some championship that had 4 players from their 2022 team this season. How does that happen? Besides that that its is accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs were not very good, would take Rough riders over them and FCA. Just saw a pic of a Crab select 2023 team wining some championship that had 4 players from their 2022 team this season. How does that happen? Besides that that its is accurate.

Crabs beat Rough Riders 8-5.
Crabs beat FCA 10-6.
Rough Riders and FCA traded wins this summer - about the same.

Some 2022 Crabs are dropping from 2022 to 2023 and others are trying out for other clubs as some 2021s drop down to 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Drop down...the politically correct way of saying held back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say on rankings
Hawks
API or 91- they spilt 2-2 but the last time API crushed them.
Then everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do all of you guys read the other topics/grade forums on this site. Why are there people still shocked at the amount of reclassed kids on these DMV teams. The Private school system is 100% in line with boys repeating a grade. They get more money and the kids in theory get a better GPA. Both of these facts yelp them look good and have a successful business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do all of you guys read the other topics/grade forums on this site. Why are there people still shocked at the amount of reclassed kids on these DMV teams. The Private school system is 100% in line with boys repeating a grade. They get more money and the kids in theory get a better GPA. Both of these facts yelp them look good and have a successful business.

The last few years have been a eye opener for many people in Maryland outside the private school world. Most people were clueless about the whole prefirst grade and the reclass year in MIAA schools. Now that it is out in the public lacrosse arena. Many parents whose children are born between March and Aug watch their children play against the right age kids along with these prefirst/reclass kids a year older and more , ... ..the reaction is just what you would expect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The last few years have been a eye opener for many people in Maryland outside the private school world. Most people were clueless about the whole prefirst grade and the reclass year in MIAA schools. Now that it is out in the public lacrosse arena. Many parents whose children are born between March and Aug watch their children play against the right age kids along with these prefirst/reclass kids a year older and more , ... ..the reaction is just what you would expect.

Yes I agree I have a son who is not the youngest for his grade but he is on the young side and on age for his grade. So when I see him play well it is hard not to wonder how much better he would of played if he was playing with kids on age. Or even worse when he has a bad game it gets under your skin knowing he was on the field with a kid 18 months older then him. And you can read any Medical book or ask a doctor or use your eyes to see boys from 13 to 16 years old grow so fast and its a huge advantage to be 18 months older then more then half the kids on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not get it. If a family decides to holdback a child, why is it a huge advantage? A child on age may be 9 months older than a child in their grade. No one is complaining about kids who meet the cut-off being 9 months younger than the September birthdays. It's splitting hairs. All of these kids are going to be in high school and playing against athletes 3 or 4 years older. The way I see it is parents are placing too much emphasis on youth sports and need to realize it all balances out in high school. The unfortunate side is that there are stigmas placed on the child. So, leave the kids out of it and just encourage your child to do his best. No matter who he is facing. If there is a glass half full: They are getting prepared to play in high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not get it. If a family decides to holdback a child, why is it a huge advantage? A child on age may be 9 months older than a child in their grade. No one is complaining about kids who meet the cut-off being 9 months younger than the September birthdays. It's splitting hairs. All of these kids are going to be in high school and playing against athletes 3 or 4 years older. The way I see it is parents are placing too much emphasis on youth sports and need to realize it all balances out in high school. The unfortunate side is that there are stigmas placed on the child. So, leave the kids out of it and just encourage your child to do his best. No matter who he is facing. If there is a glass half full: They are getting prepared to play in high school.

Well its really the kid who is 18 months older then the youngest kid is the biggest issue. And when you see 30 or so 2020 kids already Verbal to D1 schools it is a big advantage. If you switch over and read the 2018 forum you will see that this class is already more then half way full at the D1 level. So these kids are 15 to 16 years old some 17 if they held back. So can you see the advantage yet. If you think about it they had to see these kids who Verbaled play at least 3 or more times. Over that time frame of a year or two. So if they are able to match up with a kid 18 months younger then them and show well you see how it works out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well its really the kid who is 18 months older then the youngest kid is the biggest issue. And when you see 30 or so 2020 kids already Verbal to D1 schools it is a big advantage. If you switch over and read the 2018 forum you will see that this class is already more then half way full at the D1 level. So these kids are 15 to 16 years old some 17 if they held back. So can you see the advantage yet. If you think about it they had to see these kids who Verbaled play at least 3 or more times. Over that time frame of a year or two. So if they are able to match up with a kid 18 months younger then them and show well you see how it works out.

30 kids out of how many??? Those kids are special, Holdback or not! The colleges they committed to know their ages and still committed. They see something special...Not a holdback!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

30 kids out of how many??? Those kids are special, Holdback or not! The colleges they committed to know their ages and still committed. They see something special...Not a holdback!

So you want to tell me how many of these special kids are also holdbacks. Or kids who started late? And you could be correct about this first 30 but what about the next 30 or the 30 after that. Its a very tricky process with how you play when this coach shows up to see you play. You will never be able to tell me its not a advantage. We can argue about how much of a advantage but it is a clear help to be held back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you want to tell me how many of these special kids are also holdbacks. Or kids who started late? And you could be correct about this first 30 but what about the next 30 or the 30 after that. Its a very tricky process with how you play when this coach shows up to see you play. You will never be able to tell me its not a advantage. We can argue about how much of a advantage but it is a clear help to be held back.

It's a temporary help. The long term affects -- loss of character and integrity is forever. I'm not bitter. I'm a private school parent. My kid is small. Teach hard work and honesty. The rest will come IF YOUR KID wants it. Don't get hung up on what other people do. You just do the right thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really a "help." Gives a false sense of accomplishment. House of cards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of this anger over holdbacks is based on the ultra-slim chance a child will be recruited in 8th grade?

As for injuries, the only serious one I saw this past weekend was a mother that got hit by a ball because she was yacking instead of watching the game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of this anger over holdbacks is based on the ultra-slim chance a child will be recruited in 8th grade?

As for injuries, the only serious one I saw this past weekend was a mother that got hit by a ball because she was yacking instead of watching the game

There is also the harm of playing time if your son is stuck behind a 16 year old and he just turned 15 you can see some harm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea..whats the harm of letting select kids that are held back get an advantage over all the other kids?? Yea whats the big deal..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you dont know that there is an advantage in a child being the oldest kid out on field with children under 15 , there is very little hope for you?? Why do these select children get to play down??? Why doesnt EVERYONE and EVERY CHILD get this advantage?? Why just these select heldback kids??
Spare me that the Strawman about poor children and the stigma.. Many parents hold their child back in kindergarten for an advantage, whether its for academics or sports....pretty simple..
And if you want some blame ..it sure isnt the public ..its the parents who elected to holdback their child for an advantage,,Blame them..
And dont tell me I dont know what I am talking about..I have two boys in private and one that already graduated. its a joke all the kids that are heldback in the MIAA schools..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why no Hawks on Brine team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They didn't sign up. No one was cut that had money to pay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not about the money..fear you may not make a team.. Some kids go out of state just to get on a team....How bizarre is that ..Sad but true...sometimes easier to make team from another state.Ego is so big.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not about the money..fear you may not make a team.. Some kids go out of state just to get on a team....How bizarre is that ..Sad but true...sometimes easier to make team from another state.Ego is so big.

For 2022 it is not a team, just an instructional camp. It is tough to make the high school teams, but Brine Middle school players are just paying for an expensive clinic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For 2022 it is not a team, just an instructional camp. It is tough to make the high school teams, but Brine Middle school players are just paying for an expensive clinic.

The brine 2022 team for maryland was struggling finding players. They almost didn't even have enough to field a team. Total money grab event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The brine 2022 team for maryland was struggling finding players. They almost didn't even have enough to field a team. Total money grab event.

How can you put a price on those sweet unis and the amazing time you'll have in Richmond while attending The Brine National Lacrosse Academy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At what point do these kids get to take a break from lax and have a summer? There's more to being a 11/12 year old than sitting on the turf 11 months out of the year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At what point do these kids get to take a break from lax and have a summer? There's more to being a 11/12 year old than sitting on the turf 11 months out of the year

A break? Are you kidding me? They can't take a break if they want to get that 1/8 or 1/4 of a scholarship they are working towards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older son played high level soccer and they never took more than a two week break

Do travel baseball teams take off? It always feels like those kids are playing somewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older son played high level soccer and they never took more than a two week break

Do travel baseball teams take off? It always feels like those kids are playing somewhere

I agree all high level travel sports go 10 to 11 months a year. If you are lucky its 9 months. So please inform us how many months a year we are aloud to have our kids play a sport before we are not letting them be kids?

Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard